Questions and Statements about ? ...

Options

Comments

• toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Somalia is not the only Nation in that area that's under severe drought it just so happens that the country is being attacked by outside forces for whatever reason. Israel has been in a drought for the past 7 years but thanks to the billions in U.S. aid they get every year it has become manageable. Seven Years of Drought in Israel

The rainy season in Israel is over and the results are not good. This marks the seventh consecutive year of drought. From the Jerusalem Post:

This year, the North received much more water than the center and the south, reaching a bit more than 90 percent of Israel’s average rainfall, according to Schor, but he cautioned that this is not worthy of celebration.

[…]

To be 100% average, Schor explained, is not sufficient, particularly because this is the seventh consecutive year in which we are “taking more water than we get.”

Overall, including the South and Center, the country achieved an accumulation of only 70% of average, he said.

Meanwhile, despite heavy rains in the past few months that have brought water levels in the Kinneret [Sea of Galilee] above the red line, Schor warned that “we are missing almost four meters of water” from the reservoir.

Has anyone ever heard the phrase love thy neighbor? This applies to individuals and nations alike. The drought in Somalia is a man made disaster. The world has been attacking African and it's descendents since the rise of the Greek empire and we are still fighting them today. The U.S. have built secret underground prisons in Somalia and have began using drone attacks. Meanwhile north of Somalia the arabs are building a 20 plus billion dollar bridge connecting Yemen and Dijibouiti. And I'm guessg most of the people they're hiring to build that bridge won't have black skin.

And also why is it that everytime there's news coverage of Somalia no one talks about Somaliand which is in the northern part of the country. This area seems to be thriving.

Shopping_mall_in_Hargeisa.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    no derailing here.. I just knew that something was fonked up about you... And that thread about you killin yourself helped me figure it out....

So u went from havin bad acne to look like a cancerous 50cent... Cool!

P.s. (pause) ? still loves you

LOL so says the guy whose afraid to post up his own pic. I have plenty of women in my life who cant get enough of me (some married), I cant look that bad = )

The more you post, the more I realize you lost this argument and cant defend your worthless Biblical ? . Keep derailing if it makes you feel better bro, I'm gonna get ready for work soon and after that see my Staten Island ? and spend the night.

I highly doubt you have a life as fun as mine. But hey, derail if it makes you feel better lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Three years ago? That's around the time I got to see CandyJunkie's suicide. Another in the same year would've been pretty cool, as long as it wasn't as boring as his.

My life is going according to my plans; the Computer & Electrical engineering major and three minors are almost done, the businesses are doing well, and I'm still doing government web admin thing.

It's worthless until I'm rich though.

Cool story, my life is mostly going to plan as well. Money stocked up in case of a American default, plenty of women to smash on a daily basis if I choose to, good health, good family, and enough liquor and weed to keep me and my ? occupied for Sunday. Life is going pretty damn good for me, and I smile every time I go to bed at night. If watching suicides brings you pleasure in life, I gota say, your life sounds really pathetic. Than again, you got 12,000 posts here lol.......sounds like you dont have much of a life outside the IC. I hope you find a life outside the IC someday, I sincerely do.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cool story, my life is mostly going to plan as well. Money stocked up in case of a American default, plenty of women to smash on a daily basis if I choose to, good health, good family, and enough liquor and weed to keep me and my ? occupied for Sunday. Life is going pretty damn good for me, and I smile every time I go to bed at night. If watching suicides brings you pleasure in life, I gota say, your life sounds really pathetic. Than again, you got 12,000 posts here lol.......sounds like you dont have much of a life outside the IC. I hope you find a life outside the IC someday, I sincerely do.
    This seems to be the post where you catch feelings. However, there's nothing wrong with expressing your feelings through your posts; since repressing emotions can be bad.

So good job finding a healthy way to express the feelings you caught.icon14.gificon14.gif
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    This seems to be the post where you catch feelings. However, there's nothing wrong with expressing your feelings through your posts; since repressing emotions can be bad.

So good job finding a healthy way to express the feelings you caught.icon14.gificon14.gif

No feelings caught at all but thanks for the well wishes anyway.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    His gripes ARE NOT legitimate. Just because one does not understand the material he reads does not mean that material is inferior. To have a gripe about something you had to have examined it thoroughly to at least know what you're griping about. IMO blaze and most others like them confuse a justified distaste for the misdeeds of man in the name(s) of one deity or another with who and what the Creator actually is. Huge mistake.

Well, if he were just highlighting the misdeeds of others, I could agree with it. He however has highlighted some scriptures that depict some pretty disturbing things for the unitiated and all some seem to want to do is post some irrelevant scripture that doesn't answer the question. Mainly because some of the adherants don't know the answer and because they are not looking at them in the perfect "tense" so to speak. For instance, some of the slavery issues and the ? thing. These things were not addressed. If you tell me that your ? says it is OK to ? a women and then the expiation is to marry her and never divorce her. I would look at you like your 14 karat crazy. Especially if you had your eyes on my daughter because that means I would have to ? you and your ? . We know a lot of scriptures have been tampered with and just outright falsehoods added. Some to justify specifically the mistreatment of Africans by their European Slavemasters.

Some don't want to address it because of laziness and intellectual cowardice, but everything should be searched, 100 percent in my book.

But what up, Judah you have been sorely missed. What's happening?
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Well, if he were just highlighting the misdeeds of others, I could agree with it. He however has highlighted some scriptures that depict some pretty disturbing things for the unitiated and all some seem to want to do is post some irrelevant scripture that doesn't answer the question. Mainly because some of the adherants don't know the answer and because they are not looking at them in the perfect "tense" so to speak. For instance, some of the slavery issues and the ? thing. These things were not addressed. If you tell me that your ? says it is OK to ? a women and then the expiation is to marry her and never divorce her. I would look at you like your 14 karat crazy. Especially if you had your eyes on my daughter because that means I would have to ? you and your ? . We know a lot of scriptures have been tampered with and just outright falsehoods added. Some to justify specifically the mistreatment of Africans by their European Slavemasters.

Some don't want to address it because of laziness and intellectual cowardice, but everything should be searched, 100 percent in my book.

But what up, Judah you have been sorely missed. What's happening?

its allways hectic stateside. just making some moves with this music thing and working with the public schools systems to put something good on the minds of the youth.

i dig what ure saying about blaze and the generic scripture throwers, but as evidenced by the past two pages thats not really what his gripe is.

all that aside. hows it been? prosperous i pray.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    We know a lot of scriptures have been tampered with and just outright falsehoods added. Some to justify specifically the mistreatment of Africans by their European Slavemasters.

Give one example of the bolded.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

The biblical curse of Ham served to justify black inferiority and slavery for hundreds of years: first as a religious argument, then as a "scientific" one.

For centuries, the Western world used “Hamitic” ideas to argue that blacks were inferior to whites. The “Hamitic Curse” claimed blacks were “Hamites,” cursed descendants of Noah’s son Ham in the Bible. As Europeans explored Africa, the Hamitic Curse became the “Hamitic Hypothesis,” which argued “Hamites” were actually light-skinned peoples who introduced civilization to Africa centuries earlier. Although the Hamitic Hypothesis was disproven by the mid-twentieth century, it continued to affect Africa for many years.
    Noah Curses Canaan

The word “Hamitic” comes from “Ham,” one of Noah’s three sons. In Genesis 9:20-27, Noah becomes intoxicated and falls asleep naked in his tent. Ham sees him and tells his brothers, Shem and Japheth, who cover their father with a blanket. Noah curses Ham, saying of Ham’s son Canaan, “a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren” (Gen. 9: 25). Even though the curse is placed on Ham’s son, and even though Ham’s other sons are not cursed, the punishment becomes known as the “Hamitic Curse.”

The Curse was originally used to justify Hebrew enslavement of the conquered Canaanites. The Hebrews believed they were descended from Shem, who was to “let Canaan be his slave” (Gen. 9:27). In “From the Land of Canaan to the Land of Guinea,” William McKee Evans says the curse story “provided a militarily successful people with religious sanction.” The Canaanites, being descended from Canaan, were destined to be slaves to the Hebrews, as they were “considered more appropriate for enslavement than others,” says Evans.
    The Hamitic Curse Is Applied to Black Africans

Throughout the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, Europe traded more directly with sub-Saharan Africa and became deeply involved in the continent’s slave trade. Until now, few Europeans had had contact with Africa’s darker-skinned populations. The more of these Africans they saw, the more they wondered why they had dark skin. At the same time, they had trouble justifying their enslavement.

The Hamitic Curse solved both problems. Although all men were descended from Noah’s sons, Ham’s line was to serve the descendants of his brothers. The story itself never mentioned race, but the idea that it involved some identifying feature, such as black skin, had been around for centuries. Only now, with increased exposure to black Africans and the need to justify their servitude, did the idea gain widespread acceptance. Blacks became “Hamites,” destined for slavery.
    Egypt Challenges the Hamitic Curse

In the late eighteenth century, French scientists discovered that ancient Egyptian civilization predated, and influenced, the white civilizations of ancient Greece and Rome. “Mysterious monuments, evidences of the beginnings of science, art, and well-preserved mummies were uncovered,” says Edith R. Sanders in “The Hamitic Hypothesis.” Even more shocking was what they said about the Egyptian race: While the population consisted of a large mix of races, they claimed that both ancient and modern Egyptians were actually black.

Proponents of the Hamitic Curse faced a problem: If the Egyptians were black, and the curse made blacks inferior, how could they have been the forerunners of white civilization? The new answer was also to be found in the Bible. In Genesis 10, it was claimed, Ham’s son Mizraim’s descendants were actually the ones who populated Egypt. The curse moved from Ham to Canaan, who it had been on in the first place. Ham’s other sons became civilized and light-skinned. Only Canaan’s sons were black and cursed. The Egyptians themselves “emerged as Hamites, Caucasoid, uncursed and capable of high civilization,” says Sanders.
    Read This Next

Desiree's Baby: Manifest Destiny and Providence
    The Condemnation of Ham
    American Slavery and Southern Religion

The Hamitic Curse Becomes the Hamitic Hypothesis

This radical change in the identity of the Hamites coincided with an Enlightenment emphasis towards science and away from religion. It also came as a growing number of colonizing Europeans in Africa “encountered formidable opponents, leaving the would-be ‘civilizers’ with considerable respect for African military power, political leadership, and even monumental architecture, the litmus tests of progress,” says Joseph C. Miller in “History and Africa/Africa and History.” In Africa, John Reader writes of “a prevailing belief that whatever was commendable in black Africa must have been introduced from somewhere else by lighter-skinned and (it is implied) more intelligent people.” These “lighter-skinned people” became known as Hamites. The religious Hamitic Curse was now the secular “Hamitic Hypothesis.”

From the nineteenth century to the middle of the twentieth, proponents of the hypothesis used flawed concepts of race to differentiate between “Hamites” and “non-Hamites.” They tried to explain how Hamites originally arrived and either died out or mixed with local populations. They tried finding modern Hamites by determining which peoples looked the most “European.” “These were declared to be Hamitic, or of Hamitic descent, and endowed with the myth of superior achievement,” says Sanders. Entire societies were reorganized, giving Hamites privileges and positions of power over non-Hamites.
    The Hamitic Hypothesis’s Lasting Effects on Africa

By the mid-twentieth century, the Hamitic Hypothesis was disappearing in the West. Its assumptions about race were disproven, as was the very existence of Hamitic peoples. The complexities and histories of African civilization were determined to be the products of Africans themselves.

While the hypothesis died in the West, its influence continued in Africa. Even though most African countries were now independent, the ideologies and ethnic divisions Europeans had put in place remained. This was most apparent in the Rwandan Genocide, in which members of what had been considered the “non-Hamitic” group (Hutus) systematically slaughtered members of the “Hamitic” group (Tutsis).
    References

Evans, William McKee. “From the Land of Canaan to the Land of Guinea: The Strange Odyssey of the ‘Sons of Ham.’” The American Historical Review 85, no. 1 (Feb. 1980): 15-43.

Hintjens, Helen M. “Explaining the 1994 Genocide in Rwanda.” The Journal of Modern African Studies 37, no. 2 (Jun. 1999): 241-286.

Miller, Joseph C. “History and Africa/Africa and History.” The American Historical Review 104, no. 1 (Feb. 1999): 1-32.

Reader, John. Africa: A Biography of the Continent. New York: Vintage Books, 1999.

Sanders, Edith R. “The Hamitic Hypothesis; Its Origin and Functions in Time Perspective.” Journal of African History 10, no. 4 (1969): 521-532.

Read more at Suite101: A Cursed Race: How the Story of Ham Justified Centuries of Racism | Suite101.com http://www.suite101.com/content/a-cursed-race-how-the-story-of-ham-justified-centuries-of-racism-a350803#ixzz1TjULKcDC
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Off topic I been meaning to read the Bible, how do I know if i'm getting the real thing or one that has been tampered with? Or is it impossible to get one that hasnt been tampered with?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    a long boring copy/paste by an alias

Nowhere does this indicate tampering or falsehoods added to Bibles.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nowhere does this indicate tampering or falsehoods added to Bibles.

I am not an alias...I used to ? with the old IC, but now I usually just look at hoes in the illpix. Just figured I would drop some info in this thread which was full of nonsense. You are right tho, it is a copy/paste and it may not prove tampering or falsehoods added to the bible, but it does prove that falsehoods are taken from the bible. This thread started about Somalia and the info I gave points out how falsehoods from the bible have been used to justify the mistreatment of Africans by Europeans, specifically the slave trade and Rwandan genocide. The troubles in Somalia now also stem from religious ideologies. Both the U.S. and Ethiopian "christian governments" have targeted the large Muslim population of Southern Somalia and they are being systematically eradicated by military actions and blockades to humanitarian efforts which helps produce famine, which is apparently comical to alot of ? these days.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options

2. linnaeus' taxonomy and Darwin's Theory of Evolution/ natural selection spiel.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Off topic I been meaning to read the Bible, how do I know if i'm getting the real thing or one that has been tampered with? Or is it impossible to get one that hasnt been tampered with?

yeah. forget about the second half for a second and read the first half in hebrew.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    2. linnaeus' taxonomy and Darwin's Theory of Evolution/ natural selection spiel.

Those aren't examples of things added to the Bible or parts of the Bible tampered with, stupid. Put a shirt on.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Those aren't examples of things added to the Bible or parts of the Bible tampered with, stupid. Put a shirt on.
    lol. guess all i seen was "justification for slavery". oh well. put a life on, troll.
  • judah7
    judah7 Banned Users Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All hail Satan!!!!!!!!

We need a change of gods, for real. This ? we have now isn't doing ? for anybody.

I'm joking ya'll lol......seriously though, this ? we have is overrated and sucks. If there even is a ? .

Deuteronomy 7:9-10

Know therefore that the LORD thy ? , he is ? , the faithful ? , which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.
  • judah7
    judah7 Banned Users Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm happy and straight, I have no complaints about life (although some extra money wouldnt hurt), and I always got whatever bike I wanted growing up. My childhood was great, how was yours? Stop derailing from the thread and let's talk about the slavery supporting Biblical ? you believe in. The same ? you claim loves all those millions of kids starving to death right now.

Matthew 25:40
    And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 12:36
    But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kingblaze 25:20

And thou whom quote the Bible, thou book that loves slavery to much ado, shall find that Kingblaze cares not two fuckeths what the Bible says
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kingblaze 25:20

And thou whom quote the Bible, thou book that loves slavery to much ado, shall find that Kingblaze cares not two fuckeths what the Bible says

Name one society or culture that your behavior, language, dress and diet come from that has no history of slavery or any other atrocity.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Name one society or culture that your behavior, language, dress and diet come from that has no history of slavery or any other atrocity.

Doesn't matter. Slavery is wrong, plain and simple. If slavery is good, just say so. I'll kidnap a chick off the street right now and make her my sex slave for life. If I can't kidnap her I'll buy her off someone who can. Deal?
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Slavery is wrong, plain and simple. If slavery is good, just say so. I'll kidnap a chick off the street right now and make her my sex slave for life. If I can't kidnap her I'll buy her off someone who can. Deal?

You didnt answer my question. Now I have another one.....where in the bible does it say that slavery is good? Do you rally against the same people who actually enslaved your people with the same vigor and anger you rally against the bible for its alleged cosignment of slavery.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    m not for western imperialism like Iraq, but some french or british
    soldiers should go in there and merk those al shaab dudes, and take over
    and let the aid in to feed those kids. the african union tried but were unsucessfull.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^^^No political will to do so. NATO forces wiping out a bunch of Black Africans will remind too many of 1950s style imperialism. I agree with you and I'm all for it, but the will isnt there. The African Union needs to stop being lazy and do something about these Al Shabab guys.
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    Options
    m not for western imperialism like Iraq, but some french or british
    soldiers should go in there and merk those al shaab dudes, and take over
    and let the aid in to feed those kids. the african union tried but were unsucessfull.

The US and the other western imperialist you talk about are already in Somalia. They divided the country into two just like they did with Libya. The rebels have the National Traditinal Council in Libya and in Somalia it's Somaliland...http://www.somaliland.org/