Jill Scott's soul burns to see a white woman....

Options

Comments

• Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    and what exactly makes you sure that every black person that's had a child with a non-black person inherently thinks their own kind isn't good enough...what evidence do you have to support such a claim?

sexual selection
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    lol since when are connections only skin deep? and no a white woman cant relate to what it is to be a black man, but a black woman cant either

if you really want someone who can empathize with ALL of your circumstances then you would have to date another black man

co-sign that last sentence...
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    did it ever occur to anyone that MAYBE just MAYBE the guy jill scott was talking about and many other brothers who dates or marry other races did it becuz maybe that person was nice and they just clicked instead of oh i hate black ? . i mean i know alot of ? are not like that.......but are all???

all in all sistas alot of yall are making it hard on yourselves (Im talking bout those who are complaining)
    yall ? with certain ? and when ? goes wrong yall say, where are all the good black men

yall pass them and ignore them everyday. yall turn them down when they ask you on dates
    you get annoyed when they blow up your phone becuz you're too busy chasing and blowing up the phone of the man who doesnt give a ? about you
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    In her essay she talks about whites discrimination against black s yet her essay is discriminatory. in itself. Notice how she stressed "successful" black man. Its ok if an average blue collar black man dates or marries a white woman. But if he's successful " it bites". I love Jil Scotts music. I even think she's an attractive sista. But she should keep her opinions to herself.

not you too...she said successful not rich..her definition of successful maybe different from yours.....
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^
    wow.....and white women don't want a successful man....honestly the only time I see a white woman with a black man, is if the woman isn't all that attractive or the man obviously has money.....no one wants a mate who doesn't have goals period.....and not every black woman wants a thuggish baller either. black people need to stop perpetuating the negative stereotypes the media force feeds us.....

Women from all races often exhibit these superficial traits but....its far more rampant in black culture. Everything from movies, tv, music is about money, stunting & balling. In result, alot of black women miss out on good dudes early on because they be expecting 18 - 22 year old dudes to be magically balling even though they in the same position as them. Because a dude aint ballin or gettin it or thuggin it out, he a lame but, these same women expect the same dude to look back for them 15 years later. In high school / college, the asian computer science major chick doesnt give a ? that you still riding a bike to campus but, try to go holla at them black women at Howard on that Huffy lol. The middle eastern chick dont give a ? that u cant take her out to Ruth Chris or pay for her pedicures / manicures but, try that on the fly nicki minaj broads at Hampton / Famu. Our women be dissing these dudes, you know what....I dont give a ? no more....You can take it however the hell u want. It is what it is. Im exhausted on this subject & ? posters who love to pretend as if this doesnt happen.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    not you too...she said successful not rich..her definition of successful maybe different from yours.....

shaq face

now U KNOW what she mean by successful
    lets not play that her definition varies ?
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sexual selection

how can u apply one person's individual decision, with no prior evidence of their past behavior, and say it determines their attitude on an entire group of people....that's just bad judgement
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what do you mean by submit?

I mean a woman that is not afraid to serve her man. Meaning, she 1) knows her place and 2) helps the relationship and doesn't hinder it, because it takes two.

For example, wifey knows that if I'm paying all of the bills, being a provider and being the moral and spiritual leader of the house, and I'm an all around stand up guy, the LEAST she can do is keep the house clean, cook, and greet me at the door wearing that little thing I like when I get home. She understands this, so it's no problem for her to fall in place. She packs my briefcase in the morning, cooks breakfast, stirs the sugars in my coffee and is naturally/genuinely interested in how my day went when I return home that evening.

She treats me like a King, because I treat her like a queen, and the queen knows that the King rules................
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    But of course...

Do you get upset when white men date outside of their race? Like find them an Asian or black woman? If not (which I assume to be the case), why?

How're you?
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Women from all races often exhibit these superficial traits but....its far more rampant in black culture. Everything from movies, tv, music is about money, stunting & balling. In result, alot of black women miss out on good dudes early on because they be expecting 18 - 22 year old dudes to be magically balling even though they in the same position as them. Because a dude aint ballin or gettin it or thuggin it out, he a lame but, these same women expect the same dude to look back for them 15 years later. In high school / college, the asian computer science major chick doesnt give a ? that you still riding a bike to campus but, try to go holla at them black women at Howard on that Huffy lol. The middle eastern chick dont give a ? that u cant take her out to Ruth Chris or pay for her pedicures / manicures but, try that on the fly nicki minaj broads at Hampton / Famu. Our women be dissing these dudes, you know what....I dont give a ? no more....You can take it however the hell u want. It is what it is. Im exhausted on this subject & ? posters who love to pretend as if this doesnt happen.

exactly malik, and its what they are being taught early on. and it aint slowing down no time soon

i had this one girl i was going out with for 3 years come out her face talking bout i aint got ? to offer her meanwhile

she shares her mothers car while im on my 2nd
    i have my own place she still lives in her parents crib
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I mean a woman that is not afraid to serve her man. Meaning, she 1) knows her place and 2) helps the relationship and doesn't hinder it, because it takes two.

For example, wifey knows that if I'm paying all of the bills, being a provider and being the moral and spiritual leader of the house, and I'm an all around stand up guy, the LEAST she can do is keep the house clean, cook, and greet me at the door wearing that little thing I like when I get home. She understands this, so it's no problem for her to fall in place. She packs my briefcase in the morning, cooks breakfast, stirs the sugars in my coffee and is naturally/genuinely interested in how my day went when I return home that evening.

She treats me like a King, because I treat her like a queen, and the queen knows that the King rules................

LMAO. ? , this is 2010. Not 1875.

That misogynistic train of thought went out with the 19th century.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i can agree with you about the whole love connection sypathizing thing
    but that whole white ppl aint make it easy for us ? aint flying
    yea white people are racist and ? us over, but so are we
    and not all white people are like that. and i dont think that's a reason
    to stay with a sista or anybody who dont respect you

alright man

so how you feel about balck women who only date white men?
    and when ask why she claims: "Cause black men aint ? but dogs..."
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

Oh sh*t. LMAO! And SMH @ the same time.
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of the idiots criticizing what she (Jill Scott) said, are the same clowns who would have a fit if you saw a fine Black woman with some nerdy little White dude. Or if all the Sisters at your school only dated non-Black men. Or if everytime you turned on the t.v., all you saw was White man / Black woman couples. Or if you always heard Black women using negative generalizations of Black men as an explanation why they don't date Brothers. Then you clowns wouldn't care how "happy" they were; you'd be calling these women "sell-outs", "traitors", and you'd accuse them of abandoning the Black man...... So, why the double-standard? Why do you so-called Brothers get a pass to conduct yourselves in this manner, but you get heated when it's the other way around? And why get mad at what Jill Scott said? It pains her that the men she finds attractive always look elsewhere when searching for a mate. What's she supposed to do? Start dating White dudes? Maybe she aint into that. And for the record, I'm married to a Latin chick, but NOT because I have a problem with Black women. I don't do the stupid generalizations that you jack-? do (Black women are money-hungry, scandalous, blah-blah-blah....). I understand where Jill is coming from, though... Now do YOU understand? Probably not.

Idiots.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That would be like finding a needle in a haystack with ANY race of woman

But....Im ALL OF THAT....Im not asking for anything I havent accomplished or not currently doing. Im not going to school for 6-8 years just so I come back to West Philly & wife up Keisha & take her 7 kids out the hood. That aint the look.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    lol since when are connections only skin deep? and no a white woman cant relate to what it is to be a black man, but a black woman cant either

if you really want someone who can empathize with ALL of your circumstances then you would have to date another black man

don't worry it

those who know what I mean
    Know what I mean
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    these chicks want the world and dont want to put in the work or be patient for it
    thats why they hop from popular and ballin ? to popular and ballin ?

but when that beauty fades, and them ? and ass cheeks start saggin they gone be like dam!!!!!!!!!!!
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options

^
    another black person perpetuating another negative black stereotype..... I know alot of black woman including myself family and friends who date men according to their character and not to what's in their wallets, as long as he has goals...i dated men who were well off financially and men who weren't ...
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    how can u apply one person's individual decision, with no prior evidence of their past behavior, and say it determines their attitude on an entire group of people....that's just bad judgement

Well that ya opinion...*shrugs*
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    LMAO. ? , this is 2010. Not 1875.

That misogynistic train of thought went out with the 19th century.

I understand it's 2010, but I love a partner that knows who I am, and what I bring into the relationship, not somebody superficial or with entitlement issues. A woman that is traditionally raised understands this, while a woman that is stuck on this "I'm idependent" mindset is still at the store purchasing batteries.....................
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Do you get upset when white men date outside of their race? Like find them an Asian or black woman? If not (which I assume to be the case), why?

How're you?

Of course I don't. I think you should be with who makes you happy. As for why...why not? We're all human.

And I'm good thanks. :)
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    alright man

so how you feel about balck women who only date white men?
    and when ask why she claims: "Cause black men aint ? but dogs..."

to be honest with you i really dont care who a women dates
    but the whole black men aint ? line gets me mad
    becuz they KNOW they out there they just dont wanna be made fun of by being with a square thats all
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    to be honest with you i really dont care who a women dates
    but the whole black men aint ? line gets me mad
    becuz they KNOW they out there they just dont wanna be made fun of by being with a square thats all

there u go.
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well that ya opinion...*shrugs*

no...what I stated is actually a fact of sociology...what you stated is an opinion based on your personal feelings
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I understand it's 2010, but I love a partner that knows who I am, and what I bring into the relationship, not somebody superficial or with entitlement issues. A woman that is traditionally raised understands this, while a woman that is stuck on this "I'm idependent" mindset is still at the store purchasing batteries.....................

I guess I kinda understand what you're saying...now that I think about it.

My mom's used to always say that HER mom (my grams) would always tell them that if a man works all day, his wife should ALWAYS cook for him and have dinner ready when he gets home. And my grandparents were together for 43 years.

You might have a point.
This discussion has been closed.