Jill Scott's soul burns to see a white woman....

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I saw Jill Scott with the most beautiful and perfectly shaped Afro. More women should rock that.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Clearly, some of the men on this board have dealt with some birds in their lifetime (and you believe some negative stereotypes about black women as a result). If you believe white, latin, or any other women aren't capable of similar bird-ism, you are sadly mistaken. Imjustsayin'...

Yeah, there are problems with women of other races as well. But as the saying goes, when America has a cold, black America has the flu. Black women seem to take negative qualities and elevate it to an unforseen plateau.........
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Most of you ? have been bamboozled, y'all really believe in fairytale of an interracial harmonious world where everyone can live in peace 'ebony and ivory lived in perfect harmony' ? .

Exactly, it was the cause for Egypt's demise and it was the reason Greece fell. Its some of these ? think its possible to have night and day at the same time. Some things just arent suppose to be.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    man listen ? just live to be better than each other
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    last time I checked, a happy marriage doesnt involve an interracial harmonious world. just 2 ppl who love each other.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but why should it hurt any black woman to see a black man with a non-black woman...that has nothing to do with what black people have been through and all about that woman's personal insecurities...he has no obligation to be with a black woman over any other woman...his only obligation is to be with a woman that makes him happy

did you read the essay in its entirety or are you just jumping to conclusions after reading a couple of posts? because she perfected summed it up. there's nothing wrong with a black man dating a white woman, but after being enslaved, ? , degraded, and today being looked down upon by the media / members of our own race/gender... it hurts sometimes[/QUOTE]

yes I did which is why i asked that question...if a black woman see a black man with a white woman, what is it about that image that causes hurt...that's an individual issue not a larger social issue if that ONE woman is hurt by it...
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Exactly, it was the cause for Egypt's demise and it was the reason Greece fell. Its some of these ? think its possible to have night and day at the same time. Some things just arent suppose to be.

so interaction between people of different races was never supposed to happen? people of different racial backgrounds were never meant to procreate together?
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    did you read the essay in its entirety or are you just jumping to conclusions after reading a couple of posts? because she perfected summed it up. there's nothing wrong with a black man dating a white woman, but after being enslaved, ? , degraded, and today being looked down upon by the media / members of our own race/gender... it hurts sometimes

yes I did which is why i asked that question...if a black woman see a black man with a white woman, what is it about that image that causes hurt...that's an individual issue not a larger social issue if that ONE woman is hurt by it...[/QUOTE]

of course its a larger social issue if it is practiced on a wide scale.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ppl are trying to make things work that just aint workin
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At the end of the day, you've got to be with who's going to provide happiness, and most black women, with their nagging, hypocrisy and overall superficial standards, are gonna be left behind....................

Oh, I definitely understand the happiness aspect of it. My brother is married to a white woman, has a child by her, and has always dated white/hispanic/non black girls. Now, don't get me wrong. I love my brother and my nephew dearly but something about the whole thing just doesn't sit well with me.

If you were to ask my brother right now why he's always been attracted to non-black females, he'll tell you and I quote "they're easier to approach." Like I said, I love my brother...but he's basically admitting to being a ? . And that's what it boils down to.

I think most black men are intimidated by a sista who'll put them in their place, isn't afraid to speak her mind, isn't gonna be at their beck and call, etc. Me? I'm turned on by it.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thats why your dad left your mother i guess?

Not at all. My folks have been married 30+ years(see previous posts), and my mother is a true strong black woman, whose class, civility and overall love surpasses anything these hoes of today could ever hope of becoming. She even sees the problems with "today's black women"...............
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Oh, I definitely understand the happiness aspect of it. My brother is married to a white woman, has a child by her, and has always dated white/hispanic/non black girls. Now, don't get me wrong. I love my brother and my nephew dearly but something about the whole thing just doesn't sit well with me.

If you were to ask my brother right now why he's always been attracted to non-black females, he'll tell you and I quote "they're easier to approach." Like I said, I love my brother...but he's basically admitting to being a ? . And that's what it boils down to.

I think most black men are intimidated by a sista who'll put them in their place, isn't afraid to speak her mind, isn't gonna be at their beck and call, etc. Me? I'm turned on by it.

what would you have thought if he said, I like their features better?
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options

that's the problem...Im a grown ass man...I don't need to be "put in my place"...and neither should the woman I'm with...you put a child in their place not an adult...
  • garv
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not at all. My folks have been married 30+ years(see previous posts), and my mother is a true strong black woman, whose class, civility and overall love surpasses anything these hoes of today could ever hope of becoming. She even sees the problems with "today's black women"...............

Lol you have any sisters, stop generalizing i'm sure if you had a sister that came out from a good home like yours where her mother was not irrational, she would turn out well.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, there are problems with women of other races as well. But as the saying goes, when America has a cold, black America has the flu. Black women seem to take negative qualities and elevate it to an unforseen plateau.........

I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe it's just broadcasted to the masses more, or maybe your awareness is more centered around black issues. Go to Miami looking like you have some money and watch all those latin chicks act expose those negative and superficial qualities just like some of the black women you're describing.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1: You stole this thread from Sohh.com

2: Both of these two posts pretty much shut down the thread.

(By a girl)
    Basically. People love to be selectively outraged.

The black women who DO get bent outta shape about IR dating (because not every black woman in this country is stomping her feet and yelling about this topic ) don't get upset when it's a super ugly guy with a non-black woman, nor do I ever see anybody up in arms when a black chick dates a non-black man.

In fact, from my own personal experience, black women sometimes get all when they see a BW/non-BM relationship too. My own roommate, who dated a white guy for months, is guilty of this. She was constantly talking about how he's white, and how her friends who dated black men needed to "get them a white guy" like her. It makes us look stupid either way. We need to stop putting white people as a whole on a pedestal, but the faux outrage about something that black women do too (and glorify, whether they want to admit it or not) is getting ridiculous. It's a double standard, straight up. I don't see anybody calling out Stacy Dash, Gabrielle Union, Zoe Saldana, Sanaa Lathan, or the other tons of black women who date outside of their race. Essence isn't up in arms about that, and neither is anybody else, because apparently it's admirable when black women do it because there are no good black men anyway .

As a matter of fact, a prime example of the double standard is the movie "Something New". Had it been a black guy, with his black friends, highlighting how he's sick of no good black women and ended up being swept off his feet by an edgy white girl, the whole world would've fallen to pieces. Yet black women loooooooved that damn movie. It's like black people are in some stupid competition, and it's seriously played out. It makes me wonder if some black women really don't like this interracial stuff, or do they just not like it when it's a successful, fine black men that picks somebody else and they feel slighted. Because I see PLENTY of black women with non-black men, and I hate to say it, but I don't recognize too many black women fighting to the death over these normal, average, suffering-from-the-recession, everyday black guys. It's only when they get on, become successful, and get with a non-black woman (for whatever reason) that black women are all of a sudden upset that they weren't chosen. And then they stay stuck on it, as if this is somehow proof that all black men hate all black women. I really hate to say it, but that's my personal experience on the matter.

If you meet someone who is of a different socially constructed mechanism for division and oppression, then what's the big deal? If you're doing it out of spite and hatred, then that just suggests insecurity, man or woman. Black people as a whole need to pick their faces up off of the floor and recognize how dumb this ? is, and stop letting these white folks walk around thinking they're the hot commodity in the black community while we fight with each other to the death and beat each other down. And I'm sick of these black chicks out here on soap boxes making it seem like all black women are walking around ? and emotionally crushed about interracial dating...except, of course, when it comes to the black chick who snagged herself a Blake. Over it -_-
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yes I did which is why i asked that question...if a black woman see a black man with a white woman, what is it about that image that causes hurt...that's an individual issue not a larger social issue if that ONE woman is hurt by it...

of course its a larger social issue if it is practiced on a wide scale.[/QUOTE]

you would have a point if there were a high percentage of interraccial marriages but the percentage is still very low...look it up for yourself cuz they really are...so now it's not a larger social issue it's some women's insecurities being projected out
  • garv
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that's the problem...Im a grown ass man...I don't need to be "put in my place"...and neither should the woman I'm with...you put a child in their place not an adult...

If you act irrational you should expect to be put in your place whether your a child or an adult.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    1. I hate to break your little bubble but no barely anyone is pure race, there are all types of shades of black people. Somewhere in every black persons lineage, there is a mixture of other races including white.

2. You obviously did not get my second comment.

3. You also did not understand my third comment again.

Matter of fact why did you even comment at all, when barely anything you typed refuted what i posted?

You would say that...A ? will always try to find a way to make it "okay", like you cant tell the obvious differences between a black woman and a white woman so you try to revert to the "oh no race is pure" argument. You know the difference. Plus why would there be any "pure" race, its a known fact that every race has a common origin, its what manifest on the surface that count. Races arent divided by dna, its by phenotype.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    It was well written and I can empathize with where she's coming from but at the same time...you can't help who you love.

I just knew you'd have something to say on the subject......

Haha.

No Di......ss?
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    (by a dude)

If you notice....in her opening paragraph, her main selling points of this "brother" was that he was accomplished, wealthy & successful. I barely read anything else about what made this brother a good catch. My point is....whenever you hear a black woman talking about the Good Black Man...its always synonymous with him being super successful. Why does he have to be a rich dude??? There are plenty of good dudes all over millions of cities, who aren't in jail, ? , ? positive, with a billion kids. There are plenty of dudes who are doing their thing, they may not be bill gates but, they good dudes. But....sistas dont look their way because theyre mechanics / bus drivers / janitors / electricians / welders.

Whenever you hear a black woman complaining about Good Black Men marrying White Women....its not because theyre dating White Women persay...its because its a RICH black man dating a white woman. Because of this.....I find it VERY amusing when Sistas try to play that card of "That becky only with you for your money".......Like ? ...."You Wasnt???"

What sistas need to do is INVEST in their men again. For the longest...they've left us out in the cold. Im not gonna go on here & ? about women loving bad boys & thugs because thats childish & a waste of time, we already know that as true. The fact is alot of these sistas are wasting the prime years of their lives on dudes without significant futures ahead of them & when they hit 30 - 35, they realize this but, its often too late (seen it in friends, family members, co-workers). That good, nice dude is who is now successful, on his grind & making major moves as that CEO, Lawyer, Doctor, Dentist, Engineer, Banker, Scientist used to be that quiet, reserved, smart dude on campus that all the fly broads considered lame. Alot of these dudes dont forget that experience. Its not that any of these dudes are holding grudges but, what did these young black women expect these men to do? Stay single for 10 years until they were done having fun? This is why alot of Black Men, especially successful Black Men, date out of race. Its not that we dont want sistas.....CUZ WE ALL DO.....they just dont want us until we're super successful. All of the qualities that Black Women deem lame in Black Men are considered the norm with other races. As for what Jill Scott was talking about........I dont give a f^ck about that slavery ? . It was a horrible, horrible event that has effected my community for hundreds of years. I hate that it happened. But.....it is 2010. We need to let that go. Im not going to FORCE myself to find a black woman just so I can feel as if Im being loyal to my sistas. Most of these black women that I know are so ****ed up in the head....its ridicoulous. So....according to Jill Scott, after I put in all of this hard work, got through law school, made my mark on the world & became successful, even if I meet the most gorgeous, compatible woman for me who happens to be asian, Im supposed to marry a black woman, who didnt even want me 10 years ago, just so I can be loyal???? FOH.

Just in case anybody get it twisted. Im not some "f^ck black women" poster. That ? is corny. I got love for everybody...im just saying to all young black women....who are seeking advice on this subject, INVEST in your man early. Find you a good, black dude & build with him because trust me......men remember that ? . We remember who always had love for us & who treated us like dirt & years from now....most men will treat that woman accordingly.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No man should be intimidated by a woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options

But that's the problem. Most black men, with themselves together, don't need to be "put in their place". Besides, a man dates a woman because he wants a companion, not a mother. The whole " put a man in his place" is the problem with black women today: they try to micromanage every area of man's life. A man needs to be a man, and a woman should treat him as such. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but it's the frequency with which you do it. Most black women can't gauge civility and class, while being objective at the same time.

So, which would you rather have? You come home from a hard day's work and your met at the door with nothing but accusations of where you've been, confrontations and no food on the stove OR would you rather have a woman that cooks, cleans, meets you at the door naked with samples of what she's cooking and puts the remote in your hand and leaves you alone as you wait for the food to finish cooking. She also irons your clothes, and prepares your shower. I pray that you choose the latter...............
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

^^^^

and characterizing black women as having "sassy", "put him in his place" attitudes
    1. obnoxious
    2. cooning at its finest

not every black women is a character from a tyler perry movie
  • garv
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But that's the problem. Most black men, with themselves together, don't need to be "put in their place". Besides, a man dates a woman because he wants a companion, not a mother. The whole " put a man in his place" is the problem with black women today: they try to micromanage every area of man's life. A man needs to be a man, and a woman should treat him as such. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but it's the frequency with which you do it. Most black women can't gauge civility and class, while being objective at the same time.

So, which would you rather have? You come home from a hard day's work and your met at the door with nothing but accusations of where you've been, confrontations and no food on the stove OR would you rather have a woman that cooks, cleans, meets you at the door naked with samples of what she's cooking and puts the remote in your hand and leaves you alone as you wait for the food to finish cooking. She also irons your clothes, and prepares your shower. I pray that you choose the latter...............

Have you ever experienced a white woman who does the bolded consistently, and if so why are you not married to her?
This discussion has been closed.