Jill Scott's soul burns to see a white woman....

Options

Comments

• digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^
    To those of you who are knockin what Jill wrote i have to ask... why? She clearly isn't against interracial dating or is she justifying racism, if you read the entire essay, all she is saying is that it hurts black woman sometimes to see a successful black man with a white woman after all that we as a people have been put through.

there are good black women out there. there are good women out there period
    its just that the black women who want to ? everybody and stress a brother out overshadows the other women
    i mean when you judge a person by the way he looks, what he wears, and what not its sumthing wrong[/QUOTE]

stop generalizing......not every black man is a thug or ? ....not every black woman is bitter or a bird gold digger
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no i dont what alot of people esp on this board fell to understand is that love and happiness is not without its trials and tribulations instead they wanna focus on sterotypes and hype
    the black woman is this etc etc the black man is that etc etc never holding faults to one individual alone,since this woman who happens to be black does this then all black woman are the same type ?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its a good essay. shes clearly a very good writer. with that said, shes just mad cuz some balcc dude is happy with a woman thats not her. she also comes off as kind of a scorned ? .
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    4. SMH at these pretentious Neo Soul chicks, they irritate me. These India Arie,Jill Scott,etc type chicks always try to come off as deep and spiritual, but they ain't no different than these birds out here. They aren't any different because they dress like Ceelo and Andre 3000.

and this is truth.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its just that the black women who want to ? everybody and stress a brother out overshadows the other women
    i mean when you judge a person by the way he looks, what he wears, and what not its sumthing wrong

stop generalizing......not every black man is a thug or ? ....not every black woman is bitter or a bird gold digger
    [/QUOTE]

realest post ever.....
    LMAO people still generalizing 2010, what part of the game is that
    1251192421977-14695254.gif
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Our minds do understand that people of all races find genuine love in many places. We dig that the world is full of amazing options. But underneath, there is a bite, no matter the ointment, that has yet to stop burning. Some may find these thoughts to be hurtful. That is not my intent. I'm just sayin'.

^
    To those of you who are knockin what Jill wrote i have to ask... why? She clearly isn't against interracial dating or is she justifying racism, if you read the entire essay, all she is saying is that it hurts black woman sometimes to see a successful black man with a white woman after all that we as a people have been put through.[/QUOTE]

but why should it hurt any black woman to see a black man with a non-black woman...that has nothing to do with what black people have been through and all about that woman's personal insecurities...he has no obligation to be with a black woman over any other woman...his only obligation is to be with a woman that makes him happy
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I understand what Jill Scott is saying.

Interracial dating in the 2010? We off that.
  • earth two superman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    To those of you who are knockin what Jill wrote i have to ask... why? She clearly isn't against interracial dating or is she justifying racism, if you read the entire essay, all she is saying is that it hurts black woman sometimes to see a successful black man with a white woman after all that we as a people have been put through.

wouldnt it hurt a lot more to see what black men and women do to each other after what they have been put through?
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i mean when you judge a person by the way he looks, what he wears, and what not its sumthing wrong

stop generalizing......not every black man is a thug or ? ....not every black woman is bitter or a bird gold digger[/QUOTE]

i guess u didnt read that post becuz thats not wat I said. i never said all are like that
    but when you see one side all the time you start to believe that that's all there is

can you blame a white person for thinking we are all thugs and ?
    if all they see when they see us is what they see in hip hop
    those who are thugs and ? and gold diggers and what are
    sure are screaming louder than those who arent
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2010
    Options

stop generalizing......not every black man is a thug or ? ....not every black woman is bitter or a bird gold digger[/QUOTE]

thats all some of them here do is generalize.......
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ bless the child how you you suppose a black man show respect to what created him?
    they dont want respect
    and the one's who do show respect get ? on and turn into playas becuz they are tired of it
    or................ turn to white women

quick question

you think your precise white woman gon give a damn or even understand
    when you explain police profiling?

you telling her the pig obviously stopped and search your ? because you were black.

She like: "Oh baby you just paranoid....you sure you didn't do anything?"

you: b6.png

exterme explain sure.... but hell youbeen using them all this thread
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

C/S...............................................................................
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Clearly, some of the men on this board have dealt with some birds in their lifetime (and you believe some negative stereotypes about black women as a result). If you believe white, latin, or any other women aren't capable of similar bird-ism, you are sadly mistaken. Imjustsayin'...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. It takes a black man and black woman to make a black person so we do belong to each other.Its you ideas of "individualism" that has your warped. You ? need to learn to have a little more respect for that which created you. Especially when it comes to you defending these same people that tried to belittle you, and still till this day will tell you who you are, what you are etc.
    2. The black women of today are products of the blacks women from slaves days. Just like white folks of today are products of white folks from slave days.
    3. The world has not progressed, dont confuse technological advances with advances as human beings. Europeans conquered the world and got comfortable, thats all that has changed. You ? are happy is hell they are letting you ? their woman, while you dont control the bare essentials that define your existence, a hard head makes a soft ass. Im almost praying for a major natural just so some you ? can understand how real it is.

1. I hate to break your little bubble but no barely anyone is pure race, there are all types of shades of black people. Somewhere in every black persons lineage, there is a mixture of other races including white.

2. You obviously did not get my second comment.

3. You also did not understand my third comment again.

Matter of fact why did you even comment at all, when barely anything you typed refuted what i posted?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i just cant understand why someone elses happiness could bother you, but whatev
  • earth two superman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    i just cant understand why someone elses happiness could bother you, but whatev

its obvious. jill scott probably wanted that black guy and shes mad he ended up with a any other chick, especially a white chick.
  • garv
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    1. I hate to break your little bubble but no barely anyone is pure race, there are all types of shades of black people. Somewhere in every black persons lineage, there is a mixture of other races including white.

2. You obviously did not get my second comment.

3. You also did not understand my third comment again.

Matter of fact why did you even comment at all, when barely anything you typed refuted what i posted?

This is simply not true, and even if it was it provides no rebuttal to his initial claim
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It was well written and I can empathize with where she's coming from but at the same time...you can't help who you love.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    part of the problem is black men for the MOST PART want the sexy chicks with the phat ass and what not
    they overlook the chicks that are ugly or halfway decent looking who got a good head on their shoulder

black women for the MOST PART want a ? who out here shining and who is getting all the ? . the ? who is dealing drugs putting her life in danger. when all she has to do is get her OWN and get her self esteem up so she doesnt have to worry about a ? with money and a ? who is gonna cater to her emotions period
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its obvious. jill scott probably wanted that black guy and shes mad he ended up with a any other chick, especially a white chick.
    but truth be told i think shes just mad at men in general

Jill Scott was all for getting married again two years ago when it was announced that she was engaged to drummer Lil Jon Roberts. However, after the couple broke off their engagement shortly after their baby was born, her feelings on marriage have changed. She tells Vibe:

I don’t think I’ll get married again. I’m not looking for it. What I can say about my divorce and my failed engagement is that I learned where my bar is. I used to pray for a man who had potential, but that’s not my prayer anymore. Not only does he have to have potential, he has to have had accomplished some things in his life. He has to have a work ethic, because I don’t want to come home to someone sitting on the sofa playing PlayStation. I’m looking for someone who works as hard as I do. Who loves their work as much as I do, so at the end of the night we have something real to talk about, something exciting that makes our blood flow and boil. I need my man to be my homie. If you can’t help me grow, there’s no point with you being in my life.

Read more: Necole Bitchie.com: Jill Scott Shuns Getting Married Again…
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ^

but why should it hurt any black woman to see a black man with a non-black woman...that has nothing to do with what black people have been through and all about that woman's personal insecurities...he has no obligation to be with a black woman over any other woman...his only obligation is to be with a woman that makes him happy[/QUOTE]

did you read the essay in its entirety or are you just jumping to conclusions after reading a couple of posts? because she perfected summed it up. there's nothing wrong with a black man dating a white woman, but after being enslaved, ? , degraded, and today being looked down upon by the media / members of our own race/gender... it hurts sometimes
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

At the end of the day, you've got to be with who's going to provide happiness, and most black women, with their nagging, hypocrisy and overall superficial standards, are gonna be left behind....................
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    quick question

you think your precise white woman gon give a damn or even understand
    when you explain police profiling?

you telling her the pig obviously stopped and search your ? because you were black.

She like: "Oh baby you just paranoid....you sure you didn't do anything?"

you: b6.png

exterme explain sure.... but hell youbeen using them all this thread

what does that have to do with love though. what does this have to do with finding a partner
    that will just love you minus all of the drama and what not.
    i mean african americans have the highest divorce rates correct?
    i mean im pretty sure its not all the black women's fault
    but at least the black man is doing SOMETHING about unhappy relationships
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

Jill Scott was all for getting married again two years ago when it was announced that she was engaged to drummer Lil Jon Roberts. However, after the couple broke off their engagement shortly after their baby was born, her feelings on marriage have changed. She tells Vibe:

I don’t think I’ll get married again. I’m not looking for it. What I can say about my divorce and my failed engagement is that I learned where my bar is. I used to pray for a man who had potential, but that’s not my prayer anymore. Not only does he have to have potential, he has to have had accomplished some things in his life. He has to have a work ethic, because I don’t want to come home to someone sitting on the sofa playing PlayStation. I’m looking for someone who works as hard as I do. Who loves their work as much as I do, so at the end of the night we have something real to talk about, something exciting that makes our blood flow and boil. I need my man to be my homie. If you can’t help me grow, there’s no point with you being in my life.

Man...? aint trying to come home after working hard all day and talk about work...thats the last thing men wanna do...we wanna chill,maybe watch the game,eat something,? something, and recharge get ready to do that ? all over again tomorrow...? wanna talk too much
  • garv
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At the end of the day, you've got to be with who's going to provide happiness, and most black women, with their nagging, hypocrisy and overall superficial standards, are gonna be left behind....................

Thats why your dad left your mother i guess?
  • earth two superman
    edited March 2010
    Options

sounds like A. she can only pull losers and lazy ? or B. shes half an hour away from going ? .
This discussion has been closed.