Jill Scott's soul burns to see a white woman....

Options

Comments

• Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But I contend, that a grown man does not need to be told when he's wrong and challenged on it. In your relationship, would you rather fight everyday, or would you rather come home to peace?

Again, it's not being abrasive.

If my s/o doesn't like something I do, I want her to call me on it. We're all human, and bound to mess up and do stupid ? .

If I do something she doesn't like, she shouldn't bite her tongue. I'm surely not going to bite mine if she does something that I don't like.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited March 2010
    Options
    just pay close attention to the ppl in ur neighborhood

the guys who dont have their own place and is using women just to have somewhere to live,collects bottles = prolly wasnt ? when he was younger

the ladies who are grown as hell still complaining about what a man shud be doing for her = prolly was lazy as hell in high school and spent all of her energy looking cute so ? will give her everything that she wants, and now that her beauty is diminishing has nothing to offer

hahahahahahahahahaha
    oooooooooooooo i can not WAIT till i get older
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your obv. saying ya kind isnt good enough to have and raise children with.

and what exactly makes you sure that every black person that's had a child with a non-black person inherently thinks their own kind isn't good enough...what evidence do you have to support such a claim?
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^
    wow.....and white women don't want a successful man....honestly the only time I see a white woman with a black man, is if the woman isn't all that attractive or the man obviously has money.....no one wants a mate who doesn't have goals period.....and not every black woman wants a thuggish baller either. black people need to stop perpetuating the negative stereotypes the media force feeds us.....

C/S...............
  • Punisher__
    edited March 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    you can't say that's how it is because there's too many different cultures of both blacks and whites that would refute what you're trying to say...normally generalizations can work but this one just can't...there's too many outlying factors that can determine what you're trying to say...your brother found, Im assuming, a white American woman...do you think that's the same as approaching a white woman in say France, Australia, Cuba, Germany, etc...are white woman all across the globe easier to approach than black women across the globe...

You're making this into specifics, and it isn't even that serious. This is a broad topic in general.

And the girl my brother married is actually Hungarian. And no, she's not the type to be strong-willed, independent, and outspoken.

I'm more than certain that if you take the average white woman compared to the average black woman, the black woman will be A LOT more inclined to speak her mind. It's just their nature. There are exceptions to this, of course. But that's not the point.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    let me ask everyone in this thread something
    do ya think such topics as

black on black crime
    interracial dating
    goodgurls wanting bad boys and so on

will ever be resolved to where EACH INDIVIDUAL can get their own ? together and live a
    happy stress free life

or will all of this ? like continue for generations to come

me personally i dont think most people will get it together
    i tip my hat to those who find hapiness and live their lives stress free
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what does that have to do with love though. what does this have to do with finding a partner
    that will just love you minus all of the drama and what not.
    i mean african americans have the highest divorce rates correct?
    i mean im pretty sure its not all the black women's fault
    but at least the black man is doing SOMETHING about unhappy relationships

has nothing so much to do with "love" but understanding...connections....and I'll say it's deeper than love
    Cause you can love someone and still not connection or relate with their stuggles

trust....a white woman can never understand what's it like to be black in America like a black woman and share this with her man

sure as pointed out they can: "empathize"

But these motherfuckas ain't make ? easy on us.....and no other woman can understand exactly what I mean by that other a black woman

for good or bad it's a unique common bond between black man & woman that mere words and text can never truly articulate.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, there are problems with women of other races as well. But as the saying goes, when America has a cold, black America has the flu. Black women seem to take negative qualities and elevate it to an unforseen plateau.........

damn this ? put it in perspective
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    All Im saying is this......I will happily wife up a black woman if she has the qualities I am looking for. All of them. I have no problem finding these in *other* women but, I feel as dudes with they ? together are expected to settle just so he can be loyal.

I need a chick thats:
    Degree'd Up....Bachelors, maybe a Masters
    No Debt
    Beautiful / Sexy / Attractive / Healthy Body
    NO KIDS!!!!!!!!
    Own House / Apt
    Own Car
    Intelligent
    Wants something more in life than to go to Plies next concert
    Isn't No Ghetto ass bird ? but...isnt Arrogant either
    Isn't a Gold Digger / Got her own
    Knows when to shut the ? up
    Can make a mean peanut butter & jelly sandwich lol
    Hasnt been gutted / smashed / ? by half of the Bos-Wash Corridor / Eastern Seaboard

That isnt too much to ask....seeing as I qualify for EVERY SINGLE ONE MYSELF. Find me a girl like that & I'll happily wife the broad up.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    people are just fucckin stupid
    its THIS SIMPLE
    if something isnt working then its not the answer
    2+2 will always equal 4
    those who complain about the same situations
    is just trying to change that instead of either going with the flow
    or finding a better situation
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    You're making this into specifics, and it isn't even that serious. This is a broad topic in general.

And the girl my brother married is actually Hungarian. And no, she's not the type to be strong-willed, independent, and outspoken.

I'm more than certain that if you take the average white woman compared to the average black woman, the black woman will be A LOT more inclined to speak her mind. It's just their nature. There are exceptions to this, of course. But that's not the point.

Your brother is a smart man. He married foreign. Less chances of her becoming "Americanized" and feminist.....................
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options

when it comes to people's relationships it is an specific thing because attraction is different for each person...and the point is that for some reason you think black women are somehow genetically designed to speak their minds more and are somehow inherently stronger than white women which is just silly IMO...that's an individual thing, but that one thought is seemingly guiding your reasoning on this subject
  • takesithard1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    it will go on for generations to come
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    edited March 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    has nothing so much to do with "love" but understanding...connections....and I'll say it's deeper than love
    Cause you can love someone and still not connectionor relate with their stugglers

trust....a white woman can never truly understand what's it like to be black in America like a black woman and share this with her man

But these motherfuckas ain't make ? easy on us.....and no other woman can understand exactly what I mean by that other a black woman
    for good or bad it's a unique common bond between black man & woman that mere words and text can never truly articulate.

i can agree with you about the whole love connection sypathizing thing
    but that whole white ppl aint make it easy for us ? aint flying
    yea white people are racist and ? us over, but so are we
    and not all white people are like that. and i dont think that's a reason
    to stay with a sista or anybody who dont respect you
  • Punisher__
    edited March 2010
    Options
    when it comes to people's relationships it is an specific thing because attraction is different for each person...and the point is that for some reason you think black women are somehow genetically designed to speak their minds more and are somehow inherently stronger than white women which is just silly IMO...that's an individual thing, but that one thought is seemingly guiding your reasoning on this subject

In general. I'm not saying "all" black women are like this.

There are exceptions to every rule, and this one is no different. It still doesn't make the observation any less valid, either way.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cause you can love someone and still not connectionor relate with their stugglers

trust....a white woman can never truly understand what's it like to be black in America like a black woman and share this with her man

lol since when are connections only skin deep? and no a white woman cant relate to what it is to be a black man, but a black woman cant either

if you really want someone who can empathize with ALL of your circumstances then you would have to date another black man

• sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    people are just fucckin stupid
    its THIS SIMPLE
    if something isnt working then its not the answer
    2+2 will always equal 4
    those who complain about the same situations
    is just trying to change that instead of either going with the flow
    or finding a better situation

And that, my friend, is why many successful, goal driven men are traveling elsewhere to find a wife. too many AmeriKKKan women try to make "2+3=4"...........................
  • takesithard1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    All Im saying is this......I will happily wife up a black woman if she has the qualities I am looking for. All of them. I have no problem finding these in *other* women but, I feel as dudes with they ? together are expected to settle just so he can be loyal.

I need a chick thats:
    Degree'd Up....Bachelors, maybe a Masters
    No Debt
    Beautiful / Sexy / Attractive / Healthy Body
    NO KIDS!!!!!!!!
    Own House / Apt
    Own Car
    Intelligent
    Wants something more in life than to go to Plies next concert
    Isn't No Ghetto ass bird ? but...isnt Arrogant either
    Isn't a Gold Digger / Got her own
    Knows when to shut the ? up
    Can make a mean peanut butter & jelly sandwich lol
    Hasnt been gutted / smashed / ? by half of the Bos-Wash Corridor / Eastern Seaboard

That isnt too much to ask....seeing as I qualify for EVERY SINGLE ONE MYSELF. Find me a girl like that & I'll happily wife the broad up.

That would be like finding a needle in a haystack with ANY race of woman
  • blackrain
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In general. I'm not saying "all" black women are like this.

There are exceptions to every rule, and this one is no different.

You can't generalize something like this though because again, there's too many outlying factors...you're discounting personal experiences and culture which are also 2 of the biggest factors in determining attractiveness for a group of people...there's too many groups of black people on this planet for you to make this generalization...not all groups of black people are the same...
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    I just knew you'd have something to say on the subject......

Haha.

No Di......ss?

But of course...
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And that, my friend, is why many successful, goal driven men are traveling elsewhere to find a wife. too many AmeriKKKan women try to make "2+3=4"...........................

what do you mean by submit?
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cause you can love someone and still not connection or relate with their stuggles

trust....a white woman can never understand what's it like to be black in America like a black woman and share this with her man

powerful post....
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That would be like finding a needle in a haystack with ANY race of woman

Not too hard. You've just got to know where to go, and what language to speak...................
  • Punisher__
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You can't generalize something like this though because again, there's too many outlying factors...you're discounting personal experiences and culture which are also 2 of the biggest factors in determining attractiveness for a group of people...there's too many groups of black people on this planet for you to make this generalization...not all groups of black people are the same...

I think we're agreeing with each other, superficially.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In her essay she talks about whites discrimination against black s yet her essay is discriminatory. in itself. Notice how she stressed "successful" black man. Its ok if an average blue collar black man dates or marries a white woman. But if he's successful " it bites". I love Jil Scotts music. I even think she's an attractive sista. But she should keep her opinions to herself.
This discussion has been closed.