YEP I DID IT !! Locs/dreadloc appreciation THREAD!!!

Options

Comments

• all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhMars wrote: »
    I did the ACV last week. it was murky but not that bad at all

I've done it a few times! It leaves my scalp feeling a lot more clean than just washing alone.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ACV rinse and a traditional wash?
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't gotten a rewtist yet, Just acv rinsed then washed and conditioned
  • all original
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    ACV rinse and a traditional wash?

Yep! I do it when I use Jamaican Mango Lime creme wax just to make sure I get all of it out. Then I use a shampoo and conditioner that's tea tree oil infused. If I do a dry re twist then more than likely I won't use acv on the next round.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive started ACV rinces once a month when its time to wash out the fresh retwist from earlier.

Leaves my scalp feeling so clean, and its helping with the flakes.

I go a month between that rinse and my next retwist
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the absolute longest y'all have been without a wash and retwist
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Longest without a wash is like 2 weeks, if i didnt have flakes id probably go longer.

Longest without a retwist is 2 months. I like the rugged look it gives. But after a while my woman is basically asking me every day when can she twist my hair; i know shes not feeling it LOL.
  • all original
    Options
    Longest I have went without a wash is a month and three months for a retwist
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Longest without a retwist is 6 weeks. I'm getting one today then giving my hair a break for a couple of months ? it. I just found out at 16 months loced even that is a lil too soon a cycle.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    l0dvetor9evc.jpeg
    This my second twists, first since the first time I got me twisted in april

I like to let my ? get real comfortable lol before I get em done again to get all the new growth
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread shall never die
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started towel rubbing

Moms going ask when I'm cutting my hair.....? never
  • VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    When I first started they wouldn't lock, however, when I stopped playing ball and going to the gym for several months due to injury they started to lock, now everything Gucci.

My advice, if you're having trouble getting them to lock, try and keep them as dry as possible for as long as possible between retwists. This includes activities that cause you to sweat.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally doubled up my locs, now I feel like a man. Skinny locs feel feminine to me now. Them ? were skinny as ? before now they feel just right.

Only problem is now people asking if my dreads is real smh that ? ? me off. Thanks a lot Fetty Wap
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    l0dvetor9evc.jpeg
    This my second twists, first since the first time I got me twisted in april

I like to let my ? get real comfortable lol before I get em done again to get all the new growth

Connect them ? bruh, they too skinny

Do it now or you'll regret it in the future
  • OhMars
    Options
    Finally doubled up my locs, now I feel like a man. Skinny locs feel feminine to me now. Them ? were skinny as ? before now they feel just right.

Only problem is now people asking if my dreads is real smh that ? ? me off. Thanks a lot Fetty Wap

I've been thinking about doing that. I want mine thicker. I heard it takes a while until the combine though.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the skinnies I kno' they're a lil feminine but still...I Jayden Smith's though might go that route.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Also, just Googled dreadlocks and..

• CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    v19yoxcj2wwb.png

lol ain't this a ?
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's ortie tho?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Who's ortie tho?

@GodNThaBuild'n she a Tinder pork fam. In east London (home town) we got a lotta European expats. These white hoes leave their country partly coz thy hate the racism and move here coz we've got the highest percentage of non whites. She a swipe and pipe, easy
  • TheBeautifulYoni
    TheBeautifulYoni Members Posts: 2
    Options
    So I've been locking my hair now for about 3 months. My hair is soft and wavy so it's having a little harder time locking in the front. It's cool to watch your hair go through the transitions of locking, but it takes time, patience and dedication. My hair is growing like a weed though. I consider myself going through "the ugly phase" (a few locks are sticking up and/or half locked. )but I've learned that scarves and hair bands are my friends right now. LOL. Happ locking everyone.
  • OhMars
    Options
    So I've been locking my hair now for about 3 months. My hair is soft and wavy so it's having a little harder time locking in the front. It's cool to watch your hair go through the transitions of locking, but it takes time, patience and dedication. My hair is growing like a weed though. I consider myself going through "the ugly phase" (a few locks are sticking up and/or half locked. )but I've learned that scarves and hair bands are my friends right now. LOL. Happ locking everyone.

@TheBeautifulYoni
    What method did you start with?
    Welcome to the club