Peyton Manning or Tom Brady ?

Options

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    he didnt show it with new england...I wonder why....maybe because of that system? once he went somewhere else where he had to learn something new he didnt produce all that well then next season he did alright with the help of charlie weis and now that weis is gone we'll see how "good" cassel is this season

Are you just basing these statements purely on opinion? Dude put up 3600 yards with 21 TD and 11 INT with a 89 Rating in NE. For a backup thrown into the mix his first year thats not bad. So, when he plays badly its because he sucks but when he does somewhat decently its the "system" or "coaching"? Show some consistency.
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    idc about neh 1uv'em...but if i had to choose..i guess brady is the lesser of the 2 evils
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Are you just basing these statements purely on opinion? Dude put up 3600 yards with 21 TD and 11 INT with a 89 Rating in NE. For a backup thrown into the mix his first year thats not bad. So, when he plays badly its because he sucks but when he does somewhat decently its the "system" or "coaching"? Show some consistency.

oh I cant forget he has a bad fumbling problem too he's too scary under pressure.....mmmm with an offense like the patriots had back in 08 I wouldnt be shocked if almost any qb would've put up decent numbers that year....that's why I said it's in the system look at who was on the NE coaching staff back in 08 then look at what he had in 09 in kansas....if he's so good he would've been consistent enough to have put up good numbers in 09 which he didnt
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh I cant forget he has a bad fumbling problem too he's too scary under pressure.....mmmm with an offense like the patriots had back in 08 I wouldnt be shocked if almost any qb would've put up decent numbers that year....that's why I said it's in the system look at who was on the NE coaching staff back in 08 then look at what he had in 09 in kansas....if he's so good he would've been consistent enough to have put up good numbers in 09 which he didnt

The coaching staff hadnt changed in KC from 09-10. Is it remotely possible he had a bad year? Or the entire team played badly? Ya know winning 4 games and all. Again, when he played well it was due to the coaching staff, but when he doesnt it because he sucks? You're not making sense here. You jump from one to the other when its convenient for your latest post.
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    The coaching staff hadnt changed in KC from 09-10. Is it remotely possible he had a bad year? Or the entire team played badly? Ya know winning 4 games and all. Again, when he played well it was due to the coaching staff, but when he doesnt it because he sucks? You're not making sense here. You jump from one to the other when its convenient for your latest post.

they actually added romeo crennel to that coaching staff in 2010......so the defense got much better so that played a part in them winning last season....he didnt just have a bad year he wasnt that good enough to have a consistent good season.....he's gonna rely on the running game this season he wont do much just watch
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Should've added a poll homie
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I generally go with the one with best intangibles and the clutch one but I am not going to do that here. I will go with Peyton Manning, the best QB in NFL history. No one is as good as him. No one. Brady has had the better playoff mark and yes he is clutch unlike Peyton but Peyton is just so much better than everyone else at passing and understanding the game. He is his own OC. So much about Peyton to love. This one is the toughest of all comps. Peyton.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited August 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Brady has had the better playoff mark and yes he is clutch unlike Peyton

How? Peytons 44 comebacks in the 4th to Bradys 28 proves he's more clutch b ....just cuz Peyton threw a pick 6 in the super bowl cuz a messed up route ran by R. Wayne mean he's not clutch... Peyton is known for being so great BECAUSE of his clutchness
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How? Peytons 44 comebacks in the 4th to Bradys 28 proves he's more clutch b ....just cuz Peyton threw a pick 6 in the super bowl cuz a messed up route ran by R. Wayne mean he's not clutch... Peyton is known for being so great BECAUSE of his clutchness

Regular season and the playoffs aren't the same.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

being clutch in the playoffs>>>>>being clutch in the regular season
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    Should've added a poll homie

that's what happened in the last thread and guess who win by landslide??? peyton
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I generally go with the one with best intangibles and the clutch one but I am not going to do that here. I will go with Peyton Manning, the best QB in NFL history. No one is as good as him. No one. Brady has had the better playoff mark and yes he is clutch unlike Peyton but Peyton is just so much better than everyone else at passing and understanding the game. He is his own OC. So much about Peyton to love. This one is the toughest of all comps. Peyton.

then this is more of a personnal preference because none of this is facts but opinion, he's not the best QB in NFL history and to even give him that title with all his notable playoffs performances just makes your statement invalid. How's he better because he runs his own offense? that doesnt make him better because he hasnt produce enough in the playoffs unlike his other QB countersparts present and past. He's gone to 2 superbowls. 1. his defense and running back were the better performers, and the 2. when it really mattered he threw a crucial pick that cost hisself and his team the superbowl.

Great QBs do not throw game ending crucial picks in the most meaningful game of their career.

Not saying he's not great, but he is not the great, and very argueably not the number one QB now considering what other QBs have done in their careers.

sidenote: anyone using this form's internet poll as a reason to validate whose number one is laughable, and jim kelly ran his own offense and went to four str8 superbowls....aka i think running your own offense is overrate, or you guys over rate that. Most QBs run thier own offense, just in a smaller portion....

again if he really was this "master" at the QB position, him and his team would perform in the playoffs like they do in the reg. season. Which they dont, and he doesnt...so how could he be considered the best right now???
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    then this is more of a personnal preference because none of this is facts but opinion, he's not the best QB in NFL history and to even give him that title with all his notable playoffs performances just makes your statement invalid. How's he better because he runs his own offense? that doesnt make him better because he hasnt produce enough in the playoffs unlike his other QB countersparts present and past. He's gone to 2 superbowls. 1. his defense and running back were the better performers, and the 2. when it really mattered he threw a crucial pick that cost hisself and his team the superbowl.

Great QBs do not throw game ending crucial picks in the most meaningful game of their career.

Not saying he's not great, but he is not the great, and very argueably not the number one QB now considering what other QBs have done in their careers.

sidenote: anyone using this form's internet poll as a reason to validate whose number one is laughable, and jim kelly ran his own offense and went to four str8 superbowls....aka i think running your own offense is overrate, or you guys over rate that. Most QBs run thier own offense, just in a smaller portion....

again if he really was this "master" at the QB position, him and his team would perform in the playoffs like they do in the reg. season. Which they dont, and he doesnt...so how could he be considered the best right now???

A discussion of "who's better / the best" is always an opinion.
  • Bamabornandraised
    Bamabornandraised Members Posts: 101
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I will say this...peyton basiclly eliminates the need for a head coach because that ? jim caldwell is a well paid mannequin lol. I think both would be great if they swapped teams but I do think the patriots system would have peyton at zeus like levels right now though.
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I will say this...peyton basiclly eliminates the need for a head coach because that ? jim caldwell is a well paid mannequin lol. I think both would be great if they swapped teams but I do think the patriots system would have peyton at zeus like levels right now though.

its the players..not the coaches...

u can draw up the greatest play, if you dont have th eplayers to execute, or if they dont execute welll, the plays means ish

it has nothing to do with the system....

pats do not have a set in stone system, but a philosophy "ever man is responible for their own job"
  • coop9889
    edited August 2011
    Options
    its the players..not the coaches...

u can draw up the greatest play, if you dont have th eplayers to execute, or if they dont execute welll, the plays means ish

it has nothing to do with the system....

pats do not have a set in stone system, but a philosophy "ever man is responible for their own job"

If the philosophy is "every man is responsilbe for his own job" they are referring to their job WITHIN THE SYSTEM
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    If the philosophy is "every man is responsilbe for his own job" they are referring to their job WITHIN THE SYSTEM

Their offense has changed three diff times since 2000. Their offense was ran diff before, during and after randy moss left the team...they run a 4-3 generally on defense but not 100 percent of the time..there is no "set up, define" system the pats run...they cater to what they have for players with the players responsible for their job......hence going back to my post THEY DO NOT RUN A SET IN STONE SYSTEM.
  • coop9889
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Their offense has changed three diff times since 2000. Their offense was ran diff before, during and after randy moss left the team...they run a 4-3 generally on defense but not 100 percent of the time..there is no "set up, define" system the pats run...they cater to what they have for players with the players responsible for their job......hence going back to my post THEY DO NOT RUN A SET IN STONE SYSTEM.

Bruh.

No matter if it changes, it is still a system.

It's not impromptu, like the NBA can be. ? Eric Spolestra can go say hey, put the ball in Lebron/Dwade hands, let them do whatever, and everybody else just stay out of the way.

You cant do that in the NFL. You have to have schemes, and the schemes drawn up by Belicheck and the staff are excellent. You acting like it COMPLETELY changed due to Moss. Nah, it just added a deep threat which let others get more open... Their system is still intact.

And if you want to be technical about 'set in stone', well no ? , no team runs a SET IN STONE system because the game is changing, and opponents change, and different opponents have different weakness. So it would be stupid to run the same thing over and over and not adjust to your opponent.
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Bruh.

No matter if it changes, it is still a system.

It's not impromptu, like the NBA can be. ? Eric Spolestra can go say hey, put the ball in Lebron/Dwade hands, let them do whatever, and everybody else just stay out of the way.

You cant do that in the NFL. You have to have schemes, and the schemes drawn up by Belicheck and the staff are excellent. You acting like it COMPLETELY changed due to Moss. Nah, it just added a deep threat which let others get more open... Their system is still intact.

And if you want to be technical about 'set in stone', well no ? , no team runs a SET IN STONE system because the game is changing, and opponents change, and different opponents have different weakness. So it would be stupid to run the same thing over and over and not adjust to your opponent.

your right but that's not what i'm getting at..

Peyton has run the same offensive scheme since he was a rookie in indy

are the pats and brady running the same offensive scheme since 2000? .. No....07-09 they went away from their orig offensive to cater towards what they had with brady and moss, hence why they got rid of moss and brought back branch

so going back to what the orig. poster said..how switching peyton to the pats offense would make him a wizard..he has to read and react the same way he does in indy...my point. its not a system/scheme that makes them successful it's the players....
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

what happen in the superbowl ?
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

postseason record

Manning
    Really? 9 wins 10 loses wow he clutch

Brady
    14 wins - 5 loses

end thread
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I know it was just pre season... but homie from the Patriots put up 45 points last night light... lemme guess... he's the next great QB too right? ? outta here... Face the facts, its the system they have which played more of a role in Brady's rings as to Peyton Manning doing it basically individually and working harder for it
  • kAjUn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    your right but that's not what i'm getting at..

Peyton has run the same offensive scheme since he was a rookie in indy

are the pats and brady running the same offensive scheme since 2000? .. No....07-09 they went away from their orig offensive to cater towards what they had with brady and moss, hence why they got rid of moss and brought back branch

so going back to what the orig. poster said..how switching peyton to the pats offense would make him a wizard..he has to read and react the same way he does in indy...my point. its not a system/scheme that makes them successful it's the players....

I thought they got rid of him cause he was pouting about not getting paid?
  • kAjUn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that's what happened in the last thread and guess who win by landslide??? peyton

Majority of the population thinks Peyton is better

Even with that said it still don't change my view that they're equal
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I thought they got rid of him cause he was pouting about not getting paid?

that and they felt they were more effective as an offensive when they werent dealing with a diva wide out., that's why they brought branch back as well.
    Majority of the population thinks Peyton is better

Even with that said it still don't change my view that they're equal

the nfl players picked brady over manning....