Virginia declares April Confederate History Month....cr@ckas are going too far now

Options

Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whats wrong with Conferderate History Month?
    We have Hispanic History Moneth, African American History Moneth, and several other months for groups/movements
    quit hating on the Conferderates
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL @ what's wrong with Confederate history month?

Celebrating Confederate history is not the same as celebrating pride and achievements of a race (Black or Hispanic history).

Confederacy fought to keep Africans as property, illiterate, as sex slaves, etc.

BIG difference between that and Black/Hispanic History month.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    LOL @ what's wrong with Confederate history month?

Celebrating Confederate history is not the same as celebrating pride and achievements of a race (Black or Hispanic history).

Confederacy fought to keep Africans as property, illiterate, as sex slaves, etc.

BIG difference between that and Black/Hispanic History month.

it was about more than slavery
    it was about a way of life
    what if the government said no more cars, ipods, cd's(most of the ? you use everyday or need to live a comfortable life)?
    then if you have any baccbone you go fight to protect your way of life
    not saying slavery was right but it was more than that
    The North wanted the industrial revolution to take place and the confererates just slowed it down a lil bit
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He is the one who founded what is known as America. Yea Native Americans were here way before but without Columbus this country wouldnt be what it is. It aint hard if people dont like it here go somewhere else, go to a third world country and see how ? is livin, go to Europe and see how ? is treated. We have it good here better than anywhere else in the world. The constitution is the greatest thing ever written in the history of mankind, do the people in power ? ? up of course, but America at its worst these days is still better than any other country.

There are a lot of people who would disagree that America is the best country in the world.

This is home now but i travel abroad often and when I was in Africa, I didn't want to come back. By the way, there are many african americans who have relocated to Africa.
    Look up the documentary "Blacks Without Borders". Unfortunately, we're led to believe America is as good as it gets and most Americans don't even travel outside of the country to compare it to anything else.

Africa is beautiful and sadly most dont know it because they believe what the media tells or shows them. Sure there are some bad places as with any continent/country/state/city.

But its not just africa, there are other places around the world that some would prefer over the USA. But overall its a personal preference, so there's no right or wrong.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it was about more than slavery
    it was about a way of life
    what if the government said no more cars, ipods, cd's(most of the ? you use everyday or need to live a comfortable life)?
    then if you have any baccbone you go fight to protect your way of life
    not saying slavery was right but it was more than that
    The North wanted the industrial revolution to take place and the confererates just slowed it down a lil bit

Yeah, way of life meaning agriculture built mainly on the backs of african slaves.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There are a lot of people who would disagree that America is the best country to live in the world.

This is home now but i travel abroad often and when I was in Africa, I didn't want to come back. There are many african americans who have relocated to Africa.
    Look up the documentary "Blacks Without Borders".

Africa is beautiful and sadly most dont know it because they believe what the media tells or shows them. I've seen it for myself.
    But its not just africa, its other places as well around the world.

Those people are lying, and if Africa was so great pack your ? and go it aint that hard, if America is so bad to you just get your ? and bounce and quit whinin about it. I been to Africa, I live 6 months out the year in Italy, I travel all throughout Europe. ? aint ? with America, Europe has got to be one the worst places for black people the time I spend over there and the racism I see is 100 times worst then what it is in America. Again if you hate it here leave quit complainin and bounce, if America is so bad their aint no reason for you to be here so later.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, way of life meaning agriculture built on the backs of african slaves.

all slaves werent blacc
    not all slave masters were evil
    you just go by the history book but it was more than that
    you gotta do your own research and learn
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Those people are lying, and if Africa was so great pack your ? and go it aint that hard, if America is so bad to you just get your ? and bounce and quit whinin about it. I been to Africa, I live 6 months out the year in Italy, I travel all throughout Europe. ? aint ? with America, Europe has got to be one the worst places for black people the time I spend over there and the racism I see is 100 times worst then what it is in America. Again if you hate it here leave quit complainin and bounce, if America is so bad their aint no reason for you to be here so later.

By your tone and comments, I seriously doubt you have traveled to where you claim. You have probably never been out of your state.
    I learned a long time ago, never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    So, I'll leave you with that.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL, some of you act surprised......

There were white devils who were willing to DIE just to keep your Black ass in chains....thats deep.

There are still white devils who are ready to DIE to keep you in your condition but nowadays they are politicians, lawyers, policemen, and eduacators.

The hategroups, militia's, and other assorted white devils stockpile weapons and ammunition and go to the gun-range daily, daydreaming of a day when they can go to war again and ? you. They hone their killing skills on birds, and animals while you clueless idiots play Madden on Playstation.

The strongest hatred that has ever existed on this earth is the hatred that the caucasion (white-man) has for you...and he keeps reminding you everyday.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^racist
  • ForeverMeah
    ForeverMeah Members Posts: 82
    edited April 2010
    Options
    meah says:

They lost their F-ing mind thinking this will fly in 2010. LOL
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He is the one who founded what is known as America. Yea Native Americans were here way before but without Columbus this country wouldnt be what it is. It aint hard if people dont like it here go somewhere else, go to a third world country and see how ? is livin, go to Europe and see how ? is treated. We have it good here better than anywhere else in the world. The constitution is the greatest thing ever written in the history of mankind, do the people in power ? ? up of course, but America at its worst these days is still better than any other country.

Columbus never set foot in the USA
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    all slaves werent blacc

I'm not saying slavery was the only reason for civil war but it was a major factor.

Top 5 reasons for CW per American and Military History sites:

1. Economic & social differences between the North and South. (North industrializes, south is a plantation economy depending on cotton, crops and slavery)
    2. States versus federal rights.
    3. The fight between Slave and Non-Slave State Proponents.
    4. Growth of the Abolition Movement. (Northerners , began to believe that slavery was morally wrong)
    5. The election of Abraham Lincoln. (south saw him as anti-slavery)

Yes, there were also african slaves in africa (with african slave owners), but the slavery that most africans endured from the Trans-Atlantic slave trade was not the same.

Slavery as it was in the southern USA was evil in my opinion.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^racist

But is it true?
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    LOL, some of you act surprised......

There were white devils who were willing to DIE just to keep your Black ass in chains....thats deep.

There are still white devil who are ready to DIE to keep you in your condition but nowadays they are politicians, lawyers, policemen, and eduacators.

The hategroups, militia's, and other assorted white devils stockpile weapons and ammunition and go to the gun-range daily, daydreaming of a day when they can go to war again and ? you. They hone their killing skills on birds, and animals while you clueless idiots play Madden on Playstation.

The strongest hatred that has ever existed on this earth is the hatred that the caucasion (white-man) has for you...and he keeps reminding you everyday.

Sad but true.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/the-confederacy-? -the_b_529592.html
    The Confederacy: ? the Myth Once and For All

On April 3, 1865, Richmond, Virginia, fell to Union soldiers as Confederate troops retreated to the West, exhausted, weak, and low on supplies. The end would come soon thereafter. On April 5, Generals Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant started an exchange of notes that would lead to Lee's surrender at Appomattox on April 9. As we approach this important anniversary, the time is upon us to consider, and ultimately reject, the sterilized myths of the Confederacy.

Southerners who claim a deep national pride celebrate their ancestors' efforts to dissolve the very union of states whose flag they now so proudly fly. They honor a campaign to destroy our country but claim the mantle of patriot. That makes no sense. The contradiction is always swept under the rug, but that must stop. Next year will mark the 150th anniversary of the war's first battle; that is a good time to close this chapter of hypocrisy and inconsistency. A southern loyalist cannot be a patriot; the two ideals are mutually incompatible. You cannot simultaneously love the United States and love the idea of destroying the United States. To claim both is insane, the equivalent of declaring that you love all Mexican food but hate enchiladas. The claims are each exclusive of the other and therefore by definition both cannot be true.

Let us take one issue off the table immediately. Certainly one can rightly honor the bravery of fallen soldiers no matter whether they wore blue or grey. We can appreciate the rare military genius of Robert E. Lee, and the loyalty and dedication of Stonewall Jackson, George Pickett and Nathan Forrest. These generals and the men they led fought valiantly, with integrity, with honor, for a cause in which they believed passionately. For this we owe them our deepest respect.

But honoring the man is not equivalent to honoring the cause for which he fought. The cause championed by the South should cover every American with shame. Have no doubt that the South was at war to dismantle our nation, to destroy our Constitution. For this goal of secession, of which nobody should be proud, more than 630,000 soldiers (some claim up to 700,000) were killed or wounded in four years of hellish war. To put this in perspective consider that the entire population of the United States at war's end was 35 million, putting war casualties at nearly 2% of the total populace. Equivalent rates of casualties today would result in 5 million dead or wounded, dwarfing our losses in World War II, or any other war.

Why did 2% of our population suffer death or maiming? Over the issue of state sovereignty and the interpretation of the Tenth Amendment (ratified in 1791). The text is simple enough: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." But we also have the Supremacy Clause of Article VI of the Constitution, which say, "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

Simply put, 11 southern states seceded from the Union in protest against federal legislation that limited the expansion of slavery claiming that such legislation violated the tenth amendment, which they argued trumped the Supremacy Clause. The war was indeed about protecting the institution of slavery, but only as a specific case of a state's right to declare a federal law null and void.

The inherent tension between Article VI and the Tenth Amendment of the Constitution has kept lawyers busy and wealthy since our founding, and the argument goes on today. But the South went a significant step further than arguing a case. In seceding from the Union those states declared the U.S. Constitution dead. The president of the United States, sworn to uphold the Constitution, had no choice but to take whatever measures were necessary to fulfill his commitment. So war came.

So what exactly about that history would lead one to fly a Confederate flag over a state capitol building, or paste one on a F150 bumper or wear one on a T-shirt? Is the South proud of its efforts to protect slavery? Or attempting to destroy the United States through dissolution? For starting a war in which 2% of the population died? For losing the war? These are odd banners to carry around for nearly 150 years.

Perhaps the pride comes from the fact that the South stood up to a greater power, at least checking or slowing the pace of an expanding federalism. But even that does not pass the smell test; by starting but then losing the war the South created the exact opposite effect, solidifying federal power like never before.

But damn if the South does not hold on to the war as if they never actually lost, fighting incongruously for a hopeless cause of questionable value while simultaneously wrapping themselves in the American flag! So we get oddities like Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell proclaiming April "Confederate History Month" without ever mentioning slavery. When questioned about this curious oversight, McDonnell lamely explained that "there were any number of aspects to that conflict between the states. Obviously, it involved slavery. It involved other issues. But I focused on the ones I thought were most significant for Virginia." Really? If slavery was not among the most "significant" issues for Virginia, exactly what other state right was being violated by federal law leading to the Civil War? Does McDonnell even know the history of the war? Sadly, McDonnell is the not the first governor of his state to explicitly omit slavery from lofty declarations. Former Republican Virginia Governor Republican George Allen also failed to recognize slavery when making a similar proclamation. Seems to be a disease of Republican governors, a historic irony given the role of the young Republican Party in the war.

The South started and lost a war that nearly destroyed the United States in pursuit of a terrible cause. Let it go. Let. It. Go. You fought well but lost decisively. Your cause was unjust. Your actions were treasonous. There is no part of the Confederate cause of which to be proud. There is no moral high ground here. Waving the American flag while fiercely defending the effort to tear that flag down is untenable. Make a choice; be a proud American or a proud Confederate. You cannot possibly be both.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/the-confederacy-? -the_b_529592.html

Simply put, 11 southern states seceded from the Union in protest against federal legislation that limited the expansion of slavery claiming that such legislation violated the tenth amendment, which they argued trumped the Supremacy Clause. The war was indeed about protecting the institution of slavery, but only as a specific case of a state's right to declare a federal law null and void.

But some think it had little to do with slavery.
    LOL

So what exactly about that history would lead one to fly a Confederate flag over a state capitol building, or paste one on a F150 bumper or wear one on a T-shirt? Is the South proud of its efforts to protect slavery? Or attempting to destroy the United States through dissolution? For starting a war in which 2% of the population died? For losing the war? These are odd banners to carry around for nearly 150 years.

Great questions.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    But is it true?

everything but whites having the strongest hate
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Many homosexuals have feminine attributes, such as attention-? , and just attention-seeking period....homosexual posters are no different.
    I have discovered that the best way to deal with a homosexual poster is to virtually ignore them and deny their existence in order to deprive them of the attention that they desperately seek.

I once had a conversation with a poor gender-confused child, this creature didn't have the testicular fortitude to be a "man" and lacked the physical attributes to be a woman so "it" was hopelessly stuck in the middle....a purgatory of sorts for the children of a lesser ? .

To make a long story short this ? bull-dagger had the nerve to call me a racist, so I calmly told "it" that despite my prejudice it was virtually impossible for me to be "racist"due to me being a non-white person I lacked the power as an individual and my race as a collective to control or influence white people in the areas of (1)Economics, (2)Education, (3)Entertainment, (4)Labor, (5)Law, (6)Politics, (7)Religion, (8)Sex and (9)War.........therefore despite my prejudice towards my oppressor and enemy I could never be "racist".

Chuuuch
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But some think it had little to do with slavery.LOL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/07/AR2010040704956_2.html?sid=ST2010040705182

One vivid account was provided by Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens in 1861. He said the Confederate government's "foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the ? is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural . . . condition."

• elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited April 2010
    Options
    all slaves werent blacc
    you might be missing the point. the states didnt succeed from the union until a anti-slavery president was democratically elected. they chose to leave the union before lincoln even made a move on slavery. its no coincidence that every confederate state happen to be slave states. the confederacy fought for the right for man to own another man, and the civil war ended that. you say that that not all slave masters were evil, im sorry, you can be an apologist if you want to, but any person who owns another person, is a ? , regardless of color or how "well" you treat them cause no one in their right mind would want to be a slave. imagine trying to sell ? history month to a jew and saying "whats wrong with ? history month", "not all nazis were bad", "nazis did some good things" and absurd ? like that?
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whats wrong with Conferderate History Month?
    We have Hispanic History Moneth, African American History Moneth, and several other months for groups/movements
    quit hating on the Conferderates

Hello Alex Wilder
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ItzGravitational is obviously a troll. It says "Bisexual intellectual" under his/her name
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^racist

He told the truth. And shame on you and your ? of a mother for you being alive. Slavery was an evil institution, stop making excuses for it. ? crackers like you disgust me.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    everything but whites having the strongest hate

No hate is equal to the hate whites have had for other races. Ask yourself why whites have felt the need for hundreds of years to go into other lands and vanquish as many people as possible. White people are called devils by so many people for a reason.....I can't honestly say it is an unjustified name to call them.

Google up what whites did in Australia......the history of white people is truly disgusting the more one does research on it. Of course, whites have done many great things too, in technology and medicines for example. But their evil and hatred for other races is unmatched, read a history book. White people commit genocide for pleasure.....read up on what the French did in Algeria and what the Belgiums did in the Congo.

The history of white people on Earth is sickening, thank ? I don't have any white ? blood in me!