Virginia declares April Confederate History Month....cr@ckas are going too far now

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Five wrote: »
    **leaves Virginia**

I'm glad you can do so.....I truly believe there should be a boycott of all things about Virginia, including travel. Too bad no one big out there is advocating this.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What's wrong with learning about the history of their state?

Basically it incourages more separation amongst our countrymen.

For example; You're either black or white, republican or democrat, left or right, liberal or conservative. Instead of focusing on the things that make us alike and make us American (and human), we focus on the things that differ us. That's slave mentality.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It also causes even more distrust of white people......giving people like H Rap more credibility when he says white people are devils on Earth........which is not too far off from the truth, just look at what Israel is getting away with right now........
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope I'm not the only white guy around who thinks this is funny as hell. Confederate month? are you ? kidding me? You lost the ? war, losers dont get to celebrate ? , and winners write the history books, same as it's always been. And for the record, calling white people crackers is kinda funny too. One, its racist. Ill prove it if you really want me to, but email me or whatever. and two, you call us crackers because we cracked the whips, which is basically dragging up the fact that you were slaves and white people controlled you. its really a stupid insult. if your going to hate on someone do it because they are ignorant, or a bigot (in the article bigot is not a bad description) but because he's white? do you have white friends? any of you? im sure some of you do, and they are nothing like these hilarious losers (i laugh so as not to weep, or kick some virginian ass) I for one dont give a ? what color you are. A bad persons a bad person and a good persons a good person. And I for one, would not have passed this and would have ? myself laughing were i to have voted on it.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if i have offended any of you I apologize. you are not stupid, and your comments make a degree of sense. But hating anyone is a waste of time since we all have to deal with this planet and we are doing a horrible job. Taking racism out of the equation would certainly help some matters.im not calling for world peace, but we can certainly do better than we are now
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i think, cynically, that Democrats suspect that it would backfire on them eventually and thus wouldn't support it. plus, i have this "there will never be another Constitutional amendment passed" theory that i'm running with right now.

I think they might do away with the "born in america to run for president" requirement down the road...who knows.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think they might do away with the "born in america to run for president" requirement down the road...who knows.
    it seems to me like this would be difficult to pass. i can imagine the "foreigners trying to take my PRESIDENCY" debates/rants it would cause.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you count isreal as a "white" country? and its no worse than Rawanda. I personally cant count the Jewish people as "white" cause a certain white man went around wiping them out. The way i look at it, as long as people see in colors, someone somewhere is going to be killed, enslaved, oppressed, beaten, et cetera et cetera et cetera. Hate white people cause theyre in power, have money, and you think they all hate someone else. Hate black people because they are poor do drugs and are in gangs and what not, hate the chinese because they eat cats and prolly know karate and secretely want to kick your ass. Hate the japanese cause they ? POW and torture and whatnot. Hate the mexicans cause theyre ? and lazy and steal jobs from americans. I say hate the person not the race. Oh yeah and hate the muslims cause they are all terrorists. Gihaaad has replaced Salaam
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you count isreal as a "white" country? and its no worse than Rawanda. I personally cant count the Jewish people as "white" cause a certain white man went around wiping them out. The way i look at it, as long as people see in colors, someone somewhere is going to be killed, enslaved, oppressed, beaten, et cetera et cetera et cetera. Hate white people cause theyre in power, have money, and you think they all hate someone else. Hate black people because they are poor do drugs and are in gangs and what not, hate the chinese because they eat cats and prolly know karate and secretely want to kick your ass. Hate the japanese cause they ? POW and torture and whatnot. Hate the mexicans cause theyre ? and lazy and steal jobs from americans. I say hate the person not the race. Oh yeah and hate the muslims cause they are all terrorists. Gihaaad has replaced Salaam

Israel is a white country, what makes you think otherwise? Most Jews are white.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jews are a race now. Im not saying I agree about that, but the movement was made and passed. There are good points of both sides of that argument. Micheal jacksons skin color was white, but he was definitely black. Anyway the argument for jews being white has been lost, for good or bad, and it might change but for now theyre a race.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How has the argument for Jews being white been lost?? Most Jews I see look white as ? , many have blue eyes and blonde hair as well. Benjamin Netanyahu looks like a white ? to me.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH @ Anyone who defends even the IDEA of a ? Confederate History Month
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I keep telling y'all that the Confederates & Knights of the Golden Circle NEVER LEFT. and now they flexin.'
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I keep telling y'all that the Confederates & Knights of the Golden Circle NEVER LEFT. and now they flexin.'

I never doubted this was all true, but after Obama's election, I figured they would at least lay low for at least 4 years. I can see that was wishful thinking. I hope some Black Panthers cause some trouble up in VA the next couple of days.....I can't believe April is the month of my birthday too......smh.....

Oh, and today's my birthday ya'll!!!!!!!!!! I'm 26!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Happy birthday, i too had a birhtday recently. on a national holiday and i dont remember my birthday, need i say more? and i think itll be funny when the Panthers strike back, not if. i just hope noone gets hurt too badly or whatever. then the virginians are gonna be like "oh dear ? " and ill be like, what did you expect you redneck hillbilly idiots? The stupidity of some people....gotta laugh
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    white aint a race, its caucasian. And jew is now a race on all documents. Its an option. I fought tooth and nail to prove it wasnt a race and i couldnt. and ? ? seriously? lol Ill look up the origin of that word. its stupid. sound it out. ha--ohhhhnkeeeee.
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I never doubted this was all true, but after Obama's election, I figured they would at least lay low for at least 4 years. I can see that was wishful thinking. I hope some Black Panthers cause some trouble up in VA the next couple of days.....I can't believe April is the month of my birthday too......smh.....

Oh, and today's my birthday ya'll!!!!!!!!!! I'm 26!!!!!!!!!!

happy b day fam!!!
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    white aint a race, its caucasian. And jew is now a race on all documents. Its an option. I fought tooth and nail to prove it wasnt a race and i couldnt. and ? ? seriously? lol Ill look up the origin of that word. its stupid. sound it out. ha--ohhhhnkeeeee.

the term jew never did & still doesn't make any sense whatsoever. it has no historical or geographic significance.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    White can be a race because race isn't scientific.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    White can be a race because race isn't scientific.
    black aint a race. african american
    white aint a race. caucasian in an intersting point, were not europian americans... dont know where im going with this
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday shout outs.....and by the way, since when is Black and White not a race???????
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday shout outs.....and by the way, since when is Black and White not a race???????

the problem is that there is no such thing as race unless we are discussing multiple species. however, ethnic groups are the best form of classification for sections of people, followed by nationality.

take for instance "black." this is a misnomer because not all people of majority African descent on the continent or diaspora are even close to black. it is just a general term to denote a people of heavy hue, just like the term Moor/Maur/Mur of the past. these groups had tribal names (Taureg, Wolof etc.) in order to denote they're ethnicity. so black, just like moor, is effective as a blanket term in order to bring large groups together who share attributes of culture, history & genetics. same thing is done in regards to so called "white people."

even today. in Africa & India, your ethnic group is far more important, closely followed by nationality. but the black and white classification is still a major issue of confusion, hence all East Indians are "black" in Russia, Chinese are "black" in South Africa & anyone from North Africa, West Asia & Europe is considered "white" in the United States, no matter the hue.
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the problem is that there is no such thing as race unless we are discussing multiple species. however, ethnic groups are the best form of classification for sections of people, followed by nationality.

take for instance "black." this is a misnomer because not all people of majority African descent on the continent or diaspora are even close to black. it is just a general term to denote a people of heavy hue, just like the term Moor/Maur/Mur of the past. these groups had tribal names (Taureg, Wolof etc.) in order to denote they're ethnicity. so black, just like moor, is effective as a blanket term in order to bring large groups together who share attributes of culture, history & genetics. same thing is done in regards to so called "white people."

even today. in Africa & India, your ethnic group is far more important, closely followed by nationality. but the black and white classification is still a major issue of confusion, hence all East Indians are "black" in Russia, Chinese are "black" in South Africa & anyone from North Africa, West Asia & Europe is considered "white" in the United States, no matter the hue.

I forgot to add that in Brasil, if u have a drop of white blood in u people usually claim it under "Pardo" or white because of the benefits. leading people to believe that the Afro Brasilian/Black pop is only 16% when it is really 50% and possibly higher. this goes for the greater region of Latin America as well, where blacks are far more numerous than in North America but heavily under-counted. of course, all these titles reflect the politics of the region, which are therefore rooted in colonialism that varied depending on the power in question (England, Spain, France, the Netherlands, Portugal.)

one last point. in ancient times (circa 400 B.C.) East Indians & Africans were all looked at as being the same. even Greek Scholars noted that their are two different types of "Ethiopian." the one of the east with predominately wavy/straight hair and the one of the west with tightly coiled hair.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I forgot to add that in Brasil, if u have a drop of white blood in u people usually claim it under "Pardo" or white because of the benefits. leading people to believe that the Afro Brasilian/Black pop is only 16% when it is really 50% and possibly higher. this goes for the greater region of Latin America as well, where blacks are far more numerous than in North America but heavily under-counted. of course, all these titles reflect the politics of the region, which are therefore rooted in colonialism that varied depending on the power in question (England, Spain, France, the Netherlands, Portugal.)

one last point. in ancient times (circa 400 B.C.) East Indians & Africans were all looked at as being the same. even Greek Scholars noted that their are two different types of "Ethiopian." the one of the east with predominately wavy/straight hair and the one of the west with tightly coiled hair.

I feel what you're saying, scientifically you're right, race is not a 100% either or thing. It's more of a shade of grey.....I still consider myself a strong, proud black man though, nothing will ever change that.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this goes for the greater region of Latin America as well, where blacks are far more numerous than in North America but heavily under-counted
    oh lord, not this again