Virginia declares April Confederate History Month....cr@ckas are going too far now

Options

Comments

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I forgot to add that in Brasil, if u have a drop of white blood in u people usually claim it under "Pardo" or white because of the benefits. leading people to believe that the Afro Brasilian/Black pop is only 16% when it is really 50% and possibly higher. this goes for the greater region of Latin America as well, where blacks are far more numerous than in North America but heavily under-counted. of course, all these titles reflect the politics of the region, which are therefore rooted in colonialism that varied depending on the power in question (England, Spain, France, the Netherlands, Portugal.)

one last point. in ancient times (circa 400 B.C.) East Indians & Africans were all looked at as being the same. even Greek Scholars noted that their are two different types of "Ethiopian." the one of the east with predominately wavy/straight hair and the one of the west with tightly coiled hair.

This is why I said ? the census, I refuse to be a a part of this mass manipulation that creates classes and and so called status levels in society. People think I'm crazy or whatever but I see whats being done here.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is why I said ? the census, I refuse to be a a part of this mass manipulation that creates classes and and so called status levels in society. People think I'm crazy or whatever but I see whats being done here.

The more blacks don't participate in the census, the more our communities lose out in federal aid. More federal aid means more resources, but I guess you don't like those things.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    oh lord, not this again

Latin America has:

100 million Afro Brazilian, 10 million Afro Colombian & millions more in Peru, DR, Venezuela, Panama, French Guinea, Haiti, Cuba etc.

our pop down there is greater than the one up north. which bottoms out at 42 million total (unless u count the English & dutch speaking people of the Caribbean, central America and 'northern' south America.)

and that's just whats on record.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday shout outs.....and by the way, since when is Black and White not a race???????

sense there became real words that had nothing to do with skin color
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sense there became real words that had nothing to do with skin color

As long as I see Confederate flags in certain parts of Long Island and as long as a Jesse Jackson along with an Al Sharpton are necessary, race will ALWAYS be real. ? all that fantasy "race doesn't matter" ? , race will always matter in this world.

Anything else said is ? . PERIOD.....there's a Facebook page with people praying for Obama's death that has 1 million members now......and some people have the nerve to say race doesn't matter or isn't real. ? OUTTA HERE......
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we had this debate on the old forum, and your numbers were questionable at best. we're really going to do this again?
    Latin America has:
    100 million Afro Brazilian, 10 million Afro Colombian & millions more in Peru, DR, Venezuela, Panama, French Guinea, Haiti, Cuba etc.

...and that's just whats on record.
    that's also you counting every person with any black ancestry as 100% black. Brazil, for example, has 12 million declaring as black.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As long as I see Confederate flags in certain parts of Long Island and as long as a Jesse Jackson along with an Al Sharpton are necessary, race will ALWAYS be real. ? all that fantasy "race doesn't matter" ? , race will always matter in this world.

Anything else said is ? . PERIOD.....there's a Facebook page with people praying for Obama's death that has 1 million members now......and some people have the nerve to say race doesn't matter or isn't real. ? OUTTA HERE......

very well great point. you dont have to let it bother you. look for the good in others as opposed to the bad. its horrible about the death thingy. if you refuse to let race bother you, others might be able to see it and realize that you arent doing anything bad or hating on anyone maybe others will question why is that? and i would like to find these obama murderers. i apologize, but as i am an irish man raised by a korean, i cant let race matter to me
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we had this debate on the old forum, and your numbers were questionable at best. we're really going to do this again?that's also you counting every person with any black ancestry as 100% black. Brazil, for example, has 12 million declaring as black.

its a known fact that 3 times the black Africans went to Brasil than the states. they list pardo & white because it is beneficial "socially, legally, politically & economically."

you even stated that they DECLARE. but if u put us in the same room? u can't tell the difference phenotypically or genetically.only difference is language of course. also, u didn't win then and u will not win now.
  • janklow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they list pardo & white because it is beneficial "socially, legally, politically & economically."
    and yet when you make your claims, you make no distinction, which is, frankly, dishonest.
    you even stated that they DECLARE. but if u put us in the same room? u can't tell the difference phenotypically or genetically.
    given that we're talking about a massive group of mulattoes, the implication that every last one of them looks exactly the same is ridiculous.
    also, u didn't win then and u will not win now.
    your argument then was based around "i can't ever be wrong because the numbers are fake even when they're the numbers we agree to use." so it's not like i expect a legitimate debate from you on the topic... i know i will never get it.
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and yet when you make your claims, you make no distinction, which is, frankly, dishonest.

what do u mean? life is hard as ? for black/brown people in Brasil. most of the ones who claim black do it out of pride, or their just to dark "to pass." this is a caste system set up by the Portuguese and u know it

given that we're talking about a massive group of mulattoes, the implication that every last one of them looks exactly the same is ridiculous.

it ain't got nothing to do with them all looking alike because not all black Americans look alike. but we were not put under that severe of a caste system like them either. in reality, will smith, magic Johnson, derek rose, barack obama, colin powell, & new york governor david paterson can pass for pardo in brasil and u know it. ? , obama, powell and paterson can even be "white" under the portugues system

your argument then was based around "i can't ever be wrong because the numbers are fake even when they're the numbers we agree to use." so it's not like i expect a legitimate debate from you on the topic... i know i will never get it.

we use the portuguese system because that's all we have. of course u gonna side with the slave masters that made the rule. they did it to lower the statistical numbers of black people because before they did that, black people were the majority in Brasil. this strategy is called "the whitening of Brasil."
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we use the portuguese system because that's all we have. of course u gonna side with the slave masters that made the rule. they did it to lower the statistical numbers of black people because before they did that, black people were the majority in Brasil. this strategy is called "the whitening of Brasil."

File:Filhas-de-santo_moradoras_do_terreiro.jpeg

in Brasil, the women in the middle of this photo can be black, white or pardo (even though she is directly related to the other women in the photo.) it is all about what she chooses based on belief and or quality of life.

these are Brasilian women by the way
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    File:Filhas-de-santo_moradoras_do_terreiro.jpeg

this is the photo

? it. pic wont post
  • musicology1985
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tisha-campbell-2.jpg

would be pardo or white in brasil
  • janklow
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what do u mean? life is hard as ? for black/brown people in Brasil. most of the ones who claim black do it out of pride, or their just to dark "to pass." this is a caste system set up by the Portuguese and u know it
    i mean there's no reason for you not to state what you're considering as black when you provide the numbers considering that Brazilians themselves make a distinction. whatever they would be, it seems less than honest to gloss over it.
    it ain't got nothing to do with them all looking alike because not all black Americans look alike.
    it doesn't? your quote:

"but if u put us in the same room? u can't tell the difference phenotypically-"

but it has nothing to do with appearance? huh.
    we use the portuguese system because that's all we have. of course u gonna side with the slave masters that made the rule.
    i'm siding with what people identify themselves as: if they declare themselves black, they're black; if not, it's worth noting in terms of the ethnic heritage of the country, but it's not the same as saying "100 million Brazilians are black."
  • musicology1985
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i mean there's no reason for you not to state what you're considering as black when you provide the numbers considering that Brazilians themselves make a distinction. whatever they would be, it seems less than honest to gloss over it.

it doesn't? your quote:

"but if u put us in the same room? u can't tell the difference phenotypically-"

but it has nothing to do with appearance? huh.

i'm siding with what people identify themselves as: if they declare themselves black, they're black; if not, it's worth noting in terms of the ethnic heritage of the country, but it's not the same as saying "100 million Brazilians are black."

you are totally ignoring the fact that afro brasilians were taught to hate themselves. which is a major factor in all of this, whether u want to admit it or not. furthermore, the same diversity that afro brasilians possess in phenotype? black americans possess as well. now, there is 11 million afro brasilians in the state of bahia alone (which is known to be majority black.) u seriously expect me to believe that there are only 1 million more in all the states of brasil? that's ridiculous. and the main reason why u have no argument is because people claim pardo for socioeconomic reasons. YOU ARE THE ONE GLOSSING OVER THE FACTS BECAUSE U REFUSE TO LOOK AT THE UNDERLYING ISSUES

there is no way u could possibly be black
  • janklow
    edited May 2010
    Options
    furthermore, the same diversity that afro brasilians possess in phenotype? black americans possess as well.
    ...so you ARE going to acknowledge that you said something about physical appearance?
    now, there is 11 million afro brasilians in the state of bahia alone (which is known to be majority black.) u seriously expect me to believe that there are only 1 million more in all the states of brasil? that's ridiculous.
    no, i expect you to be honest about your numbers.
    and the main reason why u have no argument is because people claim pardo for socioeconomic reasons.
    fantastic. it's something you could mention when you give your numbers... and something you don't for, you know, whatever reason.
    YOU ARE THE ONE GLOSSING OVER THE FACTS BECAUSE U REFUSE TO LOOK AT THE UNDERLYING ISSUES
    oh, capital AND bolded letters, that must make the argument more valid! look, again, all you have to say is "there are X number of Brazilians who are black and Y number who could be considered as such." but you won't do this, because you want to use the largest possible number with the least explanation as to what it's based on.
  • musicology1985
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...so you ARE going to acknowledge that you said something about physical appearance?

no, i expect you to be honest about your numbers.

fantastic. it's something you could mention when you give your numbers... and something you don't for, you know, whatever reason.

oh, capital AND bolded letters, that must make the argument more valid! look, again, all you have to say is "there are X number of Brazilians who are black and Y number who could be considered as such." but you won't do this, because you want to use the largest possible number with the least explanation as to what it's based on.

whatever jank. u already know the numbers so I ain't got to quote em for u. but again, the 92m total afro brasilian numbers are smudged for obvious reasons. just like the white american population numbers are constantly inflated for obvious reasons and the same is done in brasil.
  • janklow
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just like the white american population numbers are constantly inflated for obvious reasons and the same is done in brasil.
    and again, this stuff is based on your theory of "i think it's true because it fits my theories."
  • musicology1985
    edited May 2010
    Options
    and again, this stuff is based on your theory of "i think it's true because it fits my theories."

a theory is a set of facts. and it is a fact that white people (because they have the power and it fits their propaganda) inflate their numbers and deflate ours.
  • perspective@100
    edited May 2010
    Options
    a theory is a set of facts. and it is a fact that white people (because they have the power and it fits their propaganda) inflate their numbers and deflate ours.

Damn I swear I never agree with what Jank has to say... Just don't believe anything... I watched A documentary one day on a few school girls in Brazil which depicted their struggles on getting into a good school. You know what a major factor was? Race!!! And most the girls would be considered black here in the states, but the few fair skinned LIGHT ones were able to check that certain box. I watched that sh*t in awe as to how they treat darker people over there, like they are less intelligent and less priveliged. People will never understand this world conspiracy on whats being done to darker races if they have never been affected by it directly. They think Darker people are just "paranoid" . Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..
  • perspective@100
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok so its been a while since I saw it so I was off, lol, maybe one would be considered black here, haha, but we all know they would NOT be considered white here---NONE of'em... But ? is ? up enough to mention!

And another funny thing is Being black would benefit them getting into the school because of the quota... Man I was off! But its still ? !
  • musicology1985
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok so its been a while since I saw it so I was off, lol, maybe one would be considered black here, haha, but we all know they would NOT be considered white here---NONE of'em... But ? is ? up enough to mention!

And another funny thing is Being black would benefit them getting into the school because of the quota... Man I was off! But its still ? !

this is what im talkin' bout
  • perspective@100
    edited May 2010
    Options

this is what im talkin' bout

Yea, those videos give the same message. Mine was a series though.... I advise everyone to watch all this...
  • janklow
    edited May 2010
    Options
    a theory is a set of facts.
    here are some definition for theory:

--"the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another"
    --"abstract thought : speculation"
    --"a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action"
    --"an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances"
    --"a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation"
    --"an unproved assumption"

none of these appear to match "set of facts"
    and it is a fact that white people (because they have the power and it fits their propaganda) inflate their numbers and deflate ours.
    no, it's actually a belief you have that's mainly based on you wanting it to be true. first you say the numbers are self-deflated, and then it's a white conspiracy. but either case doesn't address the fact that you could EASILY state what your "100 million" number is based on, and yet you don't.
    Damn I swear I never agree with what Jank has to say...
    you don't think musicology1985 should be clear about where he gets his numbers? because that's the point of contention.
  • perspective@100
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you don't think musicology1985 should be clear about where he gets his numbers? because that's the point of contention.

I have the intelligence to know when someone is making estimates or guestamates... I don't take everything as fact. I agree with the point musicology1985 is making about how the population number of blacks is not accurately being portrayed... He is right you know? There are waaaaaay more "blacks" in Brazil then here in the states. The exact number I dont know, but during the slave trade I would say 22 mil here and somewhere between 39 and 49 mil in brazil so you do the numbers after a few hundred years or so.