How many of you lazy hoes know how to make a plate for your man

Options

Comments

• lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    aquizzle wrote: »
    so if I'm at a cookout and a lady friend offers to get my plate I should decline? I mean I can and usually do fix my own plate but if someone happens to offer I'm not going to turn it down. I guess I got ? ? up. I wonder how my girl feels about this..

lol or get cut.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    awwman this thread is pure comedy...

it's just that i know my lady, so i understand the ? ...lol...
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man, when you fix someone a plate of food, and they eat it and get that satisfied feeling, and be all contempt and ? , I take pride in being the one who provides that for my man. I'll be damn if I let another ? feel like she taking care of my man.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he can't get it himself??
    is he handicapped??

has nothing to do with that, of course he can get it himself, but usually at these type of events a woman just usually does it, it isn't on a lazy tip, just the way things have been, you mom or grandma ever tell you to make ya dad or brother a plate? ? is old school and also a sign of being unavailable to other women
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he can't get it himself??
    is he handicapped??

so if you saw a woman make ur man a plate.. then wink at u while she giving it to him....

u not gonna feel.....

i dunno.....something?
  • Whatcha wearing?
    Whatcha wearing? Members Posts: 350
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You can't have another woman fixin your man's plate unless she's related to him. It's like a woman borrowing money from a man. Just think of that episode of Martin when Gina borrowed 20$ from Cockroach.
  • 25th hour
    25th hour Members Posts: 17
    edited April 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    na na good brotha, we up north see things the same way... it's just like some unspoken thing

midwest women hold it down 2

this ? is damn near universal for the 21+ crowd
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    females that offer to fix the plate of a man that has a woman sitting right there knows what shes doing, shes not trying to be nice. shes basically saying i will take care of you bc your ? obviously isnt.
  • hummingbird
    edited April 2010
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Any chick make me a plate it is getting ate! I will just make sure she does the same for wifey! Dont need a episode!2dgkzmv.jpg Wifey be hummingbirding hoes!

*dead*

But I dont want her fixin your plate PERIOD. even if she fixed me one too she can not fix you a plate. Unless said other woman is my momma, madea, your momma, or your madea
  • hummingbird
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lady_c wrote: »
    females that offer to fix the plate of a man that has a woman sitting right there knows what shes doing, shes not trying to be nice. shes basically saying i will take care of you bc your ? obviously isnt.

Thank you!!!!!!!
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lady_c wrote: »

lmao.... basically
  • Focal Point
    edited April 2010
    Options
    25th hour wrote: »
    midwest women hold it down 2

this ? is damn near universal for the 21+ crowd

exactly... it's an old school thing taught to girls at a young age. My sis had to do it coming up for my dad or my bro and I sometimes
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    50isg.jpg Chicks be like "No this ? didnt make that plate for my man"

Then turn around and eat dude out for biting into that chicken. 2r55hmw.jpg
  • THEsweetheart92
    THEsweetheart92 Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    has nothing to do with that, of course he can get it himself, but usually at these type of events a woman just usually does it, it isn't on a lazy tip, just the way things have been, you mom or grandma ever tell you to make ya dad or brother a plate? ? is old school and also a sign of being unavailable to other women

i understand that... but i'm saying .. it's not mandatory... at all.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    lol...whats the difference? i thought all gatherings were buffet/family style

i know for my fam, we just set the food out and you eat as much as you want.
    Family style is when all the food on the table, and you sit and just pass the food to each other

this is interesting how women define 'owning' their place

how I was brought up as women its important to know how to entertain all your guests

so that means you must know how cook a full course meal, you dont even sit down and eat until you know everyone is taken care of

you must have a good dining room set, seriously when I moved into my apartment my mother and my grandmother went with me to find a dining room set, because they considered it that important, lol @ me being able to entertain a group of 14 anyways...

you must have at least 1 casual dinging set and 1 formal dining, and matching linens

and this goes even for outdoor dining, you must set the table properly every time, whenever you have anyone who isnt immediate family around, and that includes cousin pookie and em'

like fixing the man plate is not a big deal, but having guest over with your man and knowing how to entertain is
  • THEsweetheart92
    THEsweetheart92 Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    so if you saw a woman make ur man a plate.. then wink at u while she giving it to him....

u not gonna feel.....

i dunno.....something?

i can't even imagine that happening.
    but it really depends on who the female is.
  • hummingbird
    edited April 2010
    Options

of course its not madatory, however it shows that you generally care about his well being. You wanna make sure he gets something for nourishment.

Another woman fixing your man a plate is like her say "Your woman dont care wether you starve or not, but me, I care and I'll make sure your well taken care of"
  • Dupac
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i can't even imagine that happening.
    but it really depends on who the female is.

lol, it's very likely gonna be some chick who wants ur man..but i mean it's just a heads up forreal, somethings u just gotta learn through experince
  • Focal Point
    edited April 2010
    Options

na it's not, but it's almost traditional, like second nature. Woman usually talk amongst yaselves during that time too. You'll feel some type way if a woman makes ya man a plate in front of you... trust
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • angiebabie
    angiebabie Members Posts: 19
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ni/gga your hands ain't broke

Just cause I'm too lazy to cook don't mean I can't cook

I can cook some food when I wanna
  • hummingbird
    edited April 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Family style is when all the food on the table, and you sit and just pass the food to each other

this is interesting how women define 'owning' their place

how I was brought up as women its important to know how to entertain all your guests

so that means you must know how cook a full course meal, you dont even sit down and eat until you know everyone is taken care of

you must have a good dining room set, seriously when I moved into my apartment my mother and my grandmother went with me to find a dining room set, because they considered it that important, lol @ me being able to entertain a group of 14 anyways...

you must have at least 1 casual dinging set and 1 formal dining, and matching linens

and this goes even for outdoor dining, you must set the table properly every time, whenever you have anyone who isnt immediate family around, and that includes cousin pookie and em'

like fixing the man plate is not a big deal, but having guest over with your man and knowing how to entertain is

I think it just depends on how big the crowd is at our house.

But imma say somethign I know most women in here prob wont agree with, but weven when we do family style, he sits at the head of the table (if were in our home) or to my left side. And when the dish comes around I usually dip his and mine lol. The only think I dont put on his plate when we do family style is if its some kind of meat that needs to be carved, and then he does it for both his and my plate.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Any chick make me a plate it is getting ate! I will just make sure she does the same for wifey! Dont need a episode!2dgkzmv.jpg Wifey be hummingbirding hoes!

I can't even front.....shorty hoodrattish attitude in this movie was very attractive to me for some reason

SMH @ me having a vice back in the day for drama loving hood chicks
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I usually make his plate. If we're out I ask him what he wants when I get up to get mine. If he doesn't want anything while I'm up then he's on his own and he doesn't have a problem with that.

c/s...
    the women i be wit be on this same ? .....im not mad
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn yall young females ain't NEVER gonna be able to keep a quality ? with the attitude mostof yall got lol. Why yall look at that act as "bad or benath you is beyond me" but yall got the game ALL ? up. Where are all the big mamas when you need them. Yall 25 and under ? got yall hands full with these chicks lol...good luck
This discussion has been closed.