Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning - Superbowl Performances

Options
Rey Negro
Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Why the discrepancy? Manning's the ? QB right?

Manning vs Bears - Win
247 yards. 65.8 completion. 6.5 avg yards. 1 touchdown. 1 interception. 81.8% qb rating.
Manning vs Saints - Loss
333 yards. 68.9 completion. 7.4 avg yards. 1 touchdown. 1 interception. 88.5% qb rating.

Brady vs Rams - Win
145 yards. 59.3 completion. 5.4 avg yards. 1 touchdown. 86.2% qb rating.
Brady vs Panthers - Win
354 yards. 66.7 completion. 7.4 avg yards. 3 touchdowns. 1 interception. 100.5% qb rating.
Brady vs Eagles - Win
236 yards. 69.7 completion. 7.2 avg yards. 2 touchdowns. 110.2% qb rating.
Brady vs Giants - Loss
266 yards. 60.4 completion. 5.5 avg yards. 1 touchdowns. 82.5% qb rating.

Brady - Superbowl average
250 yds. 64% completion. 6.4 avg yds. 1.75 touchdowns. 0.25 interceptions. 94.8% qb rating.

Manning - Superbowl average
290 yds. 67% completion. 6.9 avg yds. 1 touchdown. 1 interception. 85% qb rating.

Comments

• Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol. i want to see the logic on this one. people always say Brady was a game manager when he was winning yet......Manning hasn't had a superbowl performance close to what Brady had against Philly or Carolina.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    there has been alot of dump ? posted in the cheap seats.

but i dont think i've ever seen Brady called a game manager
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    lol. i want to see the logic on this one. people always say Brady was a game manager when he was winning yet......Manning hasn't had a superbowl performance close to what Brady had against Philly or Carolina.

i've never heard this said...
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ts is correct.....some posters have said that Brady rode the pats D nh and (i ? u not...) vinetari's kicking to rings

Like the kicker kicked that ? from his own 20. Somebody had to get them into fg range
  • Straight Cash Homie
    Straight Cash Homie Members Posts: 66
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people saw Brady as a game manager until the Pats nabbed Moss and Brady threw 50 TDs. He wasn't asked to do much, and he never had a season over 28 TD passes and his highest yardage total was 4,100 and change. Brady was a good QB, but he wasn't considered a top guy until the 18-1 season. Yes, he was a Hall of Famer before then, but no one really put him up there with Manning. I used to hate Brady (the Joe Montana comparisons ? me off; Joe Cool is the GOAT, IMO), but it's hard to hate greatness.

Belichick can still suck my ? , though. ? that hoodie wearing ? face.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bradys been to the SB like 4times to Peytons two ... of course he's gonna have slighty better numbers in the SB
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kurt Warner has better SB numbers than both, your point?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Poeple HAVE said, correctly, that Brady was a game manager

Now, obviously he wasnt Bad Johnson or Dilfer, but for the SB teams they werent lettin lose on offense they have the past few years

What sperates Brady from Manning...like dude above said...is after they got Moss he started puttin up numbers.

Manning always had that 1 thing over Brady: numbers...

Now...with both the 50 TD season, AND last years 4 int season...i dont see what Manning has over Brady.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bradys been to the SB like 4times to Peytons two ... of course he's gonna have slighty better numbers in the SB

kind like how manning had two or three seasons as a starter compared to brady riding the bench before his time came...
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? mad cause brady won superbowls with less talent then Manning
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This debate isn't new. Stats show Brady is actually superior. Now Peyton is hurt so more stats for Brady for 2011-12.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people saw Brady as a game manager until the Pats nabbed Moss and Brady threw 50 TDs. He wasn't asked to do much, and he never had a season over 28 TD passes and his highest yardage total was 4,100 and change. Brady was a good QB, but he wasn't considered a top guy until the 18-1 season. Yes, he was a Hall of Famer before then, but no one really put him up there with Manning. I used to hate Brady (the Joe Montana comparisons ? me off; Joe Cool is the GOAT, IMO), but it's hard to hate greatness.

Belichick can still suck my ? , though. ? that hoodie wearing ? face.

Part of the reason he wasn't putting up fantasy numbers cause he was throwing to scrubs

The difference between Brady and Manning is the system their in

Colts invest EVERYTHING in Manning

See why they draft a offensive player in the first round every year

Pats are more about the team and even though Brady is the center piece

You can see they can still play top notch football without him(Matt Cassell 11-5)

Curtis Painter looks like he has cerebal palsy when behind center out there smh
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    Part of the reason he wasn't putting up fantasy numbers cause he was throwing to scrubs

The difference between Brady and Manning is the system their in

Colts invest EVERYTHING in Manning

See why they draft a offensive player in the first round every year

Pats are more about the team and even though Brady is the center piece

You can see they can still play top notch football without him(Matt Cassell 11-5)

Curtis Painter looks like he has cerebal palsy when behind center out there smh

Manning still cant win SB
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Manning still cant win SB

peyton-manning-superbowl-mvp.jpg...................
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    kind like how manning had two or three seasons as a starter compared to brady riding the bench before his time came...

very different situations....patriots were winning more than 4 or 5 games with bledsoe unlike the colts who were getting smashed cant even get to .500 at all while the pats did
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    very different situations....patriots were winning more than 4 or 5 games with bledsoe unlike the colts who were getting smashed cant even get to .500 at all while the pats did

no..we talking about the two QBs, thats one thing...brady was not playing when manning was playing...manning was the number one draft pick, brady was not

and the patriots werent a great team..i already put links up to shut this arguement down by you...everyone knew that...they were ok but by no means a great team, and didnt not having any weapons compared to what manning had when bledsoe was playing..all they had was terry glenn. that's it.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cut all the ? ....the point is, people say Brady relied on his defense too much or coasted offensively in his superbowl runs. Im asking how is that true when Brady performed better than Manning in his superbowl performances. Manning has never threw more than 1 touchdown or had a 100% QB rating in a championship.
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    no..we talking about the two QBs, thats one thing...brady was not playing when manning was playing...manning was the number one draft pick, brady was not

and the patriots werent a great team..i already put links up to shut this arguement down by you...everyone knew that...they were ok but by no means a great team, and didnt not having any weapons compared to what manning had when bledsoe was playing..all they had was terry glenn. that's it.

soooooo you expect 6th round pick to start oppose to a 1st round 1st pick of the whole draft??? right....manning was already two years in the league what do you expect? you talking like they was in the same draft class
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol that ? really said Manning can't win a Superbowl
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like how the people talking about how Brady is a game manager always leave out the fact that the run game and defense carried Peyton Manning to his only superbowl win.
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    I like how the people talking about how Brady is a game manager always leave out the fact that the run game and defense carried Peyton Manning to his only superbowl win.

you do realize those defenses plays to what peyton does they wont thinking about the run that's why the running game was getting off
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you do realize those defenses plays to what peyton does they wont thinking about the run that's why the running game was getting off

So he gets credit for that but Tom Brady gets no love for having scrubs and still getting superbowl wins. Please explain to me how this was a MVP type playoff performance.

Peyton Manning's Super Bowl run: 78.9 comp%/1 TD/3 int/pass per attempt 7.05/passer rating 71.9/Colts win vs KC 23-8 50.0 comp%/0 TD/2 int/pass per attempt 5.67/passer rating 39.6/Colts win @ Bal 15-6 57.4 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 7.43/passer rating 79.1/1 rush TD/Colts win vs NE 38-34 65.8 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 6.50/passer rating 81.8/Colts win vs Chi 29-17

Those are some weak ass numbers for the supposed GOAT
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    So he gets credit for that but Tom Brady gets no love for having scrubs and still getting superbowl wins. Please explain to me how this was a MVP type playoff performance.

Peyton Manning's Super Bowl run: 78.9 comp%/1 TD/3 int/pass per attempt 7.05/passer rating 71.9/Colts win vs KC 23-8 50.0 comp%/0 TD/2 int/pass per attempt 5.67/passer rating 39.6/Colts win @ Bal 15-6 57.4 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 7.43/passer rating 79.1/1 rush TD/Colts win vs NE 38-34 65.8 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 6.50/passer rating 81.8/Colts win vs Chi 29-17

Those are some weak ass numbers for the supposed GOAT

I dont get this term yall use scrubs or bums like they won 3 superbowls....so obviously wasnt scrubs or bums to win 3 superbowls they were good enough to win isnt that what really matters?......if brady had those same numbers peyton has and still won 3 superbowls then we wouldnt be discussing this like I said qb wise manning>brady period
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont get this term yall use scrubs or bums like they won 3 superbowls....so obviously wasnt scrubs or bums to win 3 superbowls they were good enough to win isnt that what really matters?......if brady had those same numbers peyton has and still won 3 superbowls then we wouldnt be discussing this like I said qb wise manning>brady period

believe what you want but, you have no statistical basis for that opinion. yall talk all that ? about Manning when on the big stage, Brady has outplayed him in everyway.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I bet these ? would call Miami's No Name Defense a bunch of scrubs if they played in today's league. Smh. Matt Cassell proved that it's Belichick's system that got them those 3 rings and not Brady. When Belichick started signing big name players and deviating from his system is when Brady's numbers shot up, but he aint won a SB since. The Pats without Brady = 11-5 at worst. The Colts without Peyton = the 2008 Detroit Lions with 2 great DE's