Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning - Superbowl Performances

Options

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    silent k wrote: »
    Manning wasnt playing Grossman tho...he was Playing the Bears D...a Tampa 2 d that likes to sit back and make you run it...hence why Dominic Rhodes had such a great game...its easy when its always 7 or 6 in the box...but you just look at numbers...while i look at the football....

right. let them tell it QBs out there playing one on one
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its easy to outplay someone when you dont have to do as much...what have the Patriots won since Brady has been anointed the GOAT?! You dont think that the correlation between the increase of passes and decrease of rushes plus their rebuilding defense matter?? Brady the last few years has seen how it feels to HAVE to score every drive because you cant trust your defense to win it for you anymore (See Pats vs Colts and the 4th down play as an example)

Thats my EXACT point....
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    no he out played the rams, panthers and eagles defenses. with the only legitimate good Defense being the eagles so he gets some props for that. giants defense got in his ass, tho

cut the sandwich whatever way you like my ? ....

people talk ? about Brady but, when it came time to put up, he did and he did so in a manner Manning hasn't matched yet...
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    so how do you explain Manning playing the same against New Orleans, a team notoriously known for their weak D?

saints was number one or at least top 3 in forcing turnovers that year
  • silent k
    silent k Members Posts: 83
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They ran the quick slant numerous times and Tracy Porter jumped the route...he made a great play...no one here is saying Peyton is perfect...he just HAS to do more than any other player ever has, well maybe Dan Marino...
    so how do you explain Manning playing the same against New Orleans, a team notoriously known for their weak D?
  • Niggersauce
    edited August 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=b*braze;3220549]saints was number one or at least top 3 in forcing turnovers that year[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and drop a gem on em....
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    saints was number one or at least top 3 in forcing turnovers that year
    They ran the quick slant numerous times and Tracy Porter jumped the route...he made a great play...no one here is saying Peyton is perfect...he just HAS to do more than any other player ever has, well maybe Dan Marino...

excuses bruh. New Orleans ranked 25th in defense.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Manning is good for 320 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 69% completion and 99 QB rating every game except when it matters most.
  • silent k
    silent k Members Posts: 83
    edited August 2011
    Options

Saints' plus-11 turnover differential ranked third in NFL in regular season
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i mean ? ....even Aaron Rodgers outplayed Manning in the Superbowl so far.
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options

how is that an excuse? the saints defense did exactly what they were good at which was turn the ball over, and was exactly how and why they won

whats the excuse for why brady, with all the talent he has now and monster stats, cant win a playoff game anymore?
  • Niggersauce
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My shoe could outplay brady's 145 yard superbowl performance....your point?
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    how is that an excuse? the saints defense did exactly what they were good at which was turn the ball over, and was exactly how and why they won

Because when Manning forces a bone-headed throw, it's not his fault, it's just New Orleans was too good but, when Brady scores a touchdown to win the game and David Tyree catches a pass only 2 ? in history of sports would've caught, yall the same ? criticizing Brady.

and also.....wasn't none of yall ? in here supporting Favre......talking about the Saints turnover statistics when he threw that pick 6.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol @ ? making excuses for a qb with a losing playoff record

Dude is the greatest REGULAR SEASON qb of all time but when lights get brighter and the defenses gets better be nutts up nh
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because when Manning forces a bone-headed throw, it's not his fault, it's just New Orleans was too good but, when Brady scores a touchdown to win the game and David Tyree catches a pass only 2 ? in history of sports would've caught, yall the same ? criticizing Brady.

and also.....wasn't none of yall ? in here supporting Favre......talking about the Saints turnover statistics when he threw that pick 6.

nobody blames brady for tyree's catch. they blame brady for scoring 35+ points for 18 games and then only eek out a measly 14 in the biggest game of the year.

you know... sorta like you brady fans do to peyton
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nobody blames brady for tyree's catch. they blame brady for scoring 35+ points for 18 games and then only eek out a measly 14 in the biggest game of the year.

you know... sorta like you brady fans do to peyton

no excuse. Giants d-line was not ? around that game & Brady didn't utilize Moss enough.

I see you glossed over that Brett Favre thing though.
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im not even a colts/manning fan like that, but...

now that the roles are reversed and brady is the regular season stat stuffer who plays with a mediocre defenseand who's team fizzles out early in the playoffs, yall act like that ? dont count
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    no excuse. Giants d-line was not ? around that game & Brady didn't utilize Moss enough.

I see you glossed over that Brett Favre thing though.

i dont see how thats relevant, thats why.and i dont believe that as great as favre was, he's even in the same discussion with brady and manning as QBs go
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    and also, how come its cool for you to say "Giants d-line was not ? around that game" (clearly they wasnt), but not cool to say "saints DBs wasnt ? around" (clearly they werent either)
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    how are the roles reversed? Peyton hasn't won ? in 5 years.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    but i also said Brady ? up not going to Moss more often. i have no issues saying Brady ? up. Manning stans like to put that ? out like he a ? .
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    but i also said Brady ? up not going to Moss more often. i have no issues saying Brady ? up. Manning stans like to put that ? out like he a ? .

more like you just holdin him to these ? like standards that he gotta be perfect or he aint ?
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    how are the roles reversed? Peyton hasn't won ? in 5 years.

and brady aint won in 7... so what are you really saying?
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    all i know is... when they finally replaced all them "bums" and "bs WRs" with good ones and put it all on brady's shoulders to go out and win it, he hasnt been able to get it done. tom brady somethin like 1-3 or 0-4 for his last 4 playoff games while peyton manning (who besides reggie wayne WR talent has been on the downside) has at least been to 2 superbowls in that span and won 1

SMH your acting as if after replacing the ? ass receivers brady hasnt done ? . Dude broke the touchdown record and was one Spectacular catch away from going 19-0. So your just gonna ignore everything else that happened before these last five years? It dont work like that, Brady has 3 Superbowls wins and 4 superbowl appearances last time I checked that trumps the 2 superbowl appearances with one loss in which you throw the game clinching pick six.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    and brady aint won in 7... so what are you really saying?

that neither of them have done ? lately and this notion that Manning & his Colts have become a dynasty while Brady has become a failure in recent years is the most ridiculous ? Manning supporters have come up with.