Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning - Superbowl Performances

Options

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    SMH your acting as if after replacing the ? ass receivers brady hasnt done ? . Dude broke the touchdown record and was one Spectacular catch away from going 19-0. So your just gonna ignore everything else that happened before these last five years? It dont work like that, Brady has 3 Superbowls wins and 4 superbowl appearances last time I checked that trumps the 2 superbowl appearances with one loss in which you throw the game clinching pick six.

but thats exactly my point. yall ? ? on manning about having great stats in the regular season and ? up in the playoffs when he didnt have a defense and it was supposed to be all on him to win it but givin brady a pass now for the same ? . be consistant. if you gon knock one for that you gotta do the other.

when brady had an elite or close to elite defense, elite coaching with a mediocre offense he won. now that the defense for the patriots is "meh" and the coach dont have that same mystique he had before "spygate", brady been taking losses in the postseason, despite the elite offense. (hmm... sounds familiar)

to put it bluntly, the patriots always had the better overall team, coaching staff/organization, which resulted in those superbowl wins. yall act like brady was out there slaying dragons.
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    that neither of them have done ? lately and this notion that Manning & his Colts have become a dynasty while Brady has become a failure in recent years is the most ridiculous ? Manning supporters have come up with.

dont know where you got this notion... must be your own insecurity makin you take that leap of logic.

but the fact of the matter is... since that -1 brady and the patriots took against the giants, brady hasnt won a playoff game, while manning has won several and been to the superbowl.

for all the talk about him being so clutch/so good in the playoffs...

2005 vs the broncos he threw 2 picks in the divisional round and lost

2006 AFCCG vs IND, he threw a pick to end and lose the game after being up 21-6 at the half.

2007 even with that amazing season he had, he almost threw away the AFCCG vs the chargers by throwing 3 picks. then couldnt produce more than 14 points vs the giants in a SB loss.

2008, unfortunate season ending injury.

2009 ended the season throwing 3 interceptions in a wild card playoff loss to the ravens

2010 looked shaky and rattled, got sacked 5 times losing the jets

by my count thats 5 of the last 8 playoff games brady has been downright terrible
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    dont know where you got this notion... must be your own insecurity makin you take that leap of logic.

but the fact of the matter is... since that -1 brady and the patriots took against the giants, brady hasnt won a playoff game, while manning has won several and been to the superbowl.

2006 AFCCG vs IND, he threw a pick to end and lose the game after being up 21-6 at the half.

2007 even with that amazing season he had, he almost threw away the AFCCG vs the chargers by throwing 3 picks. then couldnt produce more than 14 points vs the giants in a SB loss.

2009 ended the season throwing 3 interceptions in a wild card playoff loss to the ravens

by my count thats 5 of the last 8 playoff games brady has been downright terrible

now break down Manning the same way.... hell he was NE ? for years nutting up. He threw the game sealing pick in the super bowl. Pitt put them out in that year. Manning has his failures as well. Had NE defense not self destructed blowing that huge league Manning may not have a ring. anyway they both are great qbs
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

ok lets expore this more

07 brady goes to the superbowl and loses...

08 he was injured did not play the whole season, manning loses in the wild card game/1ST ROUND.. to the charges..who his team can not beat

09 brady makes the playoffs loses to the ravens in the first round, the colts go to the superbowl manning throws a picks 6 to end the game

10 brady and the pats loses to the jets in the sec round, that same year manning and the colts lose to the jets IN THE FIRST ROUND.

so where exactly are these several playoff appearences you speak of that manning won???????????

brady was injuried for one year, and manning and the colts went to and losT a superbowl two years after brady and the pats did, seem like both QBs havent done ? these last few years.....if that's how u wanna look at it...
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Can you imagine Brady with talents that P.Manning always had. Brady won with less talent, what happen when he was given a number 1
    wr(moss) uumm oo yea he broke every record in the books. Brady never had that number 1 WR like wayne or harrison but ya fail to realize that ? .
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    how are the roles reversed? Peyton hasn't won ? in 5 years.

Bwahahaha at this ? . Brady hasn't won ? in 7 years since he couldn't rely on Vinatieri and that defense anymore. He put up almost 40 points a game in the regular season and only 14 in the playoffs. Brady is a bigger choke artist than Peyton now.
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Can you imagine Brady with talents that P.Manning always had. Brady won with less talent, what happen when he was given a number 1
    wr(moss) uumm oo yea he broke every record in the books. Brady never had that number 1 WR like wayne or harrison but ya fail to realize that ? .

um no... in fact, the only reason brady is considered equal with manning now is because of that year he had with moss. those 3 superbowls garnered him a positive reputation as a gamer but no one really thought of him on that elite tier until then
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    ok lets expore this more

07 brady goes to the superbowl and loses...

08 he was injured did not play the whole season, manning loses in the wild card game/1ST ROUND.. to the charges..who his team can not beat

09 brady makes the playoffs loses to the ravens in the first round, the colts go to the superbowl manning throws a picks 6 to end the game

10 brady and the pats loses to the jets in the sec round, that same year manning and the colts lose to the jets IN THE FIRST ROUND.

so where exactly are these several playoff appearences you speak of that manning won???????????

brady was injuried for one year, and manning and the colts went to and losT a superbowl two years after brady and the pats did, seem like both QBs havent done ? these last few years.....if that's how u wanna look at it...

as usual, bringing nothing to the table. i already posted these facts

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So according to the IC, both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are failures who cant cut it in the clutch...

Oooo-k.
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    as usual, bringing nothing to the table. i already posted these facts

excuse me, why dont you try harder to pay attention. U seen what i'm addressing you on..and i finished off it off by sayingboth QBs hadnt done ish these last few years in the playoffs, did you miss that part????..once again picking and choosing what to reply to..stay way from debating if you only gonna tell half the story.

and i find it funny you talk about brady only putting up 14 points like he was suppose to avoid that kind of rush....what's the whole point of rushing the passer?? And manning wasnt facing any kind of rush and still threw a horrible pick to cost his team a superbowl....

laughin you going back to 05 playoffs like manning had been any better?

still at the end of the day...any list you wanna look up, brady is at the top and manning is after and that's after polling every active player in the league...so with all his terrible playoff performances, players around the league still have him ahead of manning..

u look pretty foolish posting your garbage when t/s puts up both QBs overrall playoff performances....
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont think that the good points in this thread are pointing at either qb being a choke artist.

Just saying that superbowl performances have alot more to do with the whole team rather than just a quarterback..
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    excuse me, why dont you try harder to pay attention. U seen what i'm addressing you on..and i finished off it off by sayingboth QBs hadnt done ish these last few years in the playoffs, did you miss that part????..once again picking and choosing what to reply to..stay way from debating if you only gonna tell half the story.

and i find it funny you talk about brady only putting up 14 points like he was suppose to avoid that kind of rush....what's the whole point of rushing the passer?? And manning wasnt facing any kind of rush and still threw a horrible pick to cost his team a superbowl....

laughin you going back to 05 playoffs like manning had been any better?

still at the end of the day...any list you wanna look up, brady is at the top and manning is after and that's after polling every active player in the league...so with all his terrible playoff performances, players around the league still have him ahead of manning..

u look pretty foolish posting your garbage when t/s puts up both QBs overrall playoff performances....

oh so he can put up stats from 01,03, and 04 but im out of bounds posting stats from 05?

oh ok, thats wassup. you sonned me. i guess i should just log off, then...

idiot.
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh so he can put up stats from 01,03, and 04 but im out of bounds posting stats from 05?

idiot.

once again...lets put in bold 1/2 my sentence...lets ignore the other part of my sentence which actually makes the WHOLE SENTENCE make sense...

*facepalm*

you remedial huh!
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

but who did it before him? funny thing brady had to attempt more throws just to beat the record by 1
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol @ nggas debatin over what will be 2 of the top 5 QBs in the history of the National Football League

ONLY NGGAS!!!!

Cant do ? to please nggas!! nh

Brady got 3 rings...'Aw he aint won ? in 7 years'

Really???????????????
  • b*braze
    edited August 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol @ nggas debatin over what will be 2 of the top 5 QBs in the history of the National Football League

ONLY NGGAS!!!!

Cant do ? to please nggas!! nh

Brady got 3 rings...'Aw he aint won ? in 7 years'

Really???????????????

That was said in response to the guy who said manning hadn't won ? in 5 years. Get a context clue and stop overreacting.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Kurt Warner has better SB numbers than both, your point?

Beat me to saying something like this.

And I said Brady game managed that first superbowl, thank you very much.

Lastly this is a stupid ? thread. Brady had two more superbowl appearances.

Also, why do Brady fans feel the need to sum up both quarterbacks ENITRE CAREER in six games.

You're honestly trying to push that Brady is better than Manning because he outpreformed him in TWO GAMES?

Despite enitre 16 game seasons of Manning outpreforming him? Where is the logic?
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    I dont think that the good points in this thread are pointing at either qb being a choke artist.

Just saying that superbowl performances have alot more to do with the whole team rather than just a quarterback..

They don't hear you though.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Also, why do Brady fans feel the need to sum up both quarterbacks ENITRE CAREER in six games.

You're honestly trying to push that Brady is better than Manning because he outpreformed him in TWO GAMES?

Despite enitre 16 game seasons of Manning outpreforming him? Where is the logic?

to brady fans rings is what matters most
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    to brady fans rings is what matters most

And this is why a large majority of Brady fans are idiots.
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

idiot.

why would you come into a thread about superbowl performances and expect not to argue about each player's superbowl performance? i dont understand.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options

The entire point of this thread was.......Manning supporters claim Manning's superiority is rooted in his statistical lead over Brady but, during the Superbowl.......Manning's numbers are far lower than Brady's. Whatever you believe. I dont care. I'm an Eagles fan. I don't give two ? about Brady or Manning. But if you gonna say someone's better than the other, shouldn't that person also perform better when it's most important to do so?
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the Colts played a pretty good Bears defense in damn near a typhoon. Anyway, Matt Cassell proved it was the Patriots system more than Brady. Anybody who truly pays attention to Patriots games can see Brady has ALL DAY to throw the damn ball. Peyton's sack count is low but he does get hit a lot the second he releases the ball. Case in point, the Super Bowl vs the Giants, the last two Patriots playoff losses, heck even the pre-season game against the Lions last week. You get in Brady's face he's a deer in the headlights.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Matt Cassell argument is stupid. You stick Matt Cassell on the Colts with Joseph Addai (or Edgerrin James), Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne and a great O-line, he's putting up the same numbers AND he's going 10-6 in the weak ass AFC South.

CUT THE ? ? .
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    15 games. 3,116 yards. 27 TDs. 7 Ints. 93% QB Rating. - Chiefs (2010). 10-6.
    16 games. 2,924 yards. 16 TDs. 16 Ints. 69.9% QB Rating. - Chiefs (2009). 4-12.
    16 games. 3,637 yards. 21 TDs. 11 Ints. 89.4% QB Rating. - Patriots (2008). 11-5.

He had a bad year in 2009. you got that. But, he played better in 2010 on the Chiefs than he did in Boston in 2008. So really, whats your ? point in using Cassell to fault Brady. Its basically Brady & Bledsoe over again except Cassell isn't as good as Brady.