"Biggie Only Had 2 Albums, I've Got 4" - Jeezy

Options

Comments

• 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That is area-specific. Jeezy sure as hell didn't have Chicago on lock. Kanye West did because folks was still raving about College Dropout and he followed up with Late Registration in Summer 05. Jeezy may have had the streets on lock in ATL, but you can't make that argument for every city. Furthermore, what has Jeezy done that is legendary? Where is his classic? His albums are the same and nothing different, groundbreaking, or defined an era. Hell, he doesn't even meet the complete album standard by having no skippable tracks. Maybe I would have taken his opinion seriously if his career was built on more than adlibs and "does Nas bust his guns?" ? Jeezy and his over-inflated view of his basic ass career and pandering to basic ass fans.

Thug Motivation 101 is undeniable man...influences a whole genre even to this day.
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thug Motivation 101 is undeniable man...influences a whole genre even to this day.

I have yet to see what is so groundbreaking or revolutionary about something T.I. did years before with I'm Serious and Trap Muzik. What did it do lyrically? Nothing new, but made the use of adlibs great. What did it do musically? The music was dope...but aside from that...it did nothing that hadn't been accomplished pre-T.I. or even better than what T.I. did. Thus, I really can't give that claim any merit. To me, TM 101 was just good riding music and barely at 3.5/5 mainly b/c it was carried by its production.

Babar, you're hating on Big the same way. The two aren't comparable career-wise or even by the types of music they make. So what makes you right, but me wrong? Face it, Jeezy's never been that good nor influential.
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont think he meant he is better than big i think he was sayen just keep maken music cause big aint get that chance

pretty much but this thread went 16 pages deep so you know everybody else took it some other way
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have yet to see what is so groundbreaking or revolutionary about something T.I. did years before with I'm Serious and Trap Muzik. What did it do lyrically? Nothing new, but made the use of adlibs great. What did it do musically? The music was dope...but aside from that...it did nothing that hadn't been accomplished pre-T.I. or even better than what T.I. did. Thus, I really can't give that claim any merit. To me, TM 101 was just good riding music and barely at 3.5/5 mainly b/c it was carried by its production.

Babar, you're hating on Big the same way. The two aren't comparable career-wise or even by the types of music they make. So what makes you right, but me wrong? Face it, Jeezy's never been that good nor influential.

Trap Muzik and Thug Motivation had completely different impacts on the game. Trap Muzik made TI a star, TM 101 helped make other rappers stars....(Rick Ross, Rocko, Gucci, Playaz Circle, etc). TM101 helped popularize "stadium" beats. Jeezy's direct flow and use of adlibs became trend that more MC's started to follow. And he completely dominated those beats as well. His bravado and flow were top notch. It was one of the most hyped albums ever and it lived up to the hype. Trap Muzik was a great album but it really didn't start the movement like Jeezy did.

It was a bonafide classic man. Not a classic to everybody...but neither is Low End Theory, Enter the 36 Chambers, Illmatic, etc.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TM 101 is a classic record..However this T/S is a corny ass E thug who swears up and down he's hard body..being all HOE-motional because other people don't seee eye to eye with his distorted views..And yes ? C debunked the whole 17.5 for a key ? ,thats why they murdered him..Jeezy is a phony who needs other ? to fight his battles..Trust me I live down souf in macon ga where these kuntry ass ? operate..I'm in these streets like ducan block where jeezy grew up so ? like babar need to chill with disrespecting legends and elders in the game because in REAL lyfe he's prolly "wet ? "
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TM 101 is a classic record..However this T/S is a corny ass E thug who swears up and down he's hard body..being all HOE-motional because other people don't seee eye to eye with his distorted views..And yes ? C debunked the whole 17.5 for a key ? ,thats why they murdered him..Jeezy is a phony who needs other ? to fight his battles..Trust me I live down souf in macon ga where these kuntry ass ? operate..I'm in these streets like ducan block where jeezy grew up so ? like babar need to chill with disrespecting legends and elders in the game because in REAL lyfe he's prolly "wet ? "

C/S
    Jeezy aint no "realer" than Biggie was. Jeezy got a pass while BMF got indicted.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Biggie's 2 cds>>>>>>>> Jeezy's existance

Big L>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeezy

Pac>>>>>>>>>>Jeezy

Pun >>>>>>> Jeezy
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thats sad that hes 4 albums in and people still care more about Big than they ever will about Young Jizzle.

Maybe another 4 albums he might have a hot one. HA!

Co-sizzle!

And damn, Biggie's fans came out in force in this thread, I like that. Jeezy and any other rapper minus Eminem, Nas, and Jay-Z have ZERO business comparing themselves to Biggie. Biggie is a ? in hip-hop, Jeezy at best is a ? . He won't be remembered in 100 years, while Biggie will be.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the only classic jeezy dropped is 101....
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jeezy's flow isn't even layered no where close to biggie, bigs flow had demensions to it not just straight foward talk and adlibs.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the only classic jeezy dropped is 101....

He didn't have no ? classic album. It's just your favorite opinion.

Biggie Small......EVERYBODY AGREE THAT HE HAD CLASSIC ALBUMS EVEN RAPPERS SAID IT.

Jeezy?....? . Nobody will said Jeezy does have classic album is 101.....It's only ? fan who have no knowledge.

I think you don't understand what classic is. I don't take nobody serious nowadays about "Classic".
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn this thread got a bunch of kats panties in a bunch...
  • lyr1kz
    lyr1kz Members Posts: 51
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jezzy, didn't change the game. Even if hes ahead of it. Biggie, in just TWO albums, changed the game. People do gotta move on because there are in my opinion more sicker rappers now days then biggie (in the underground)

but still you have to respect the dude for making history. Actually i dont even own one Jezzy album or Biggie at this moment lol But if i bought one right now, i would buy Biggies album quick - and hes dead. See why he deserves respect?
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LIFE AFTER DEATH IS MY BIBLE , that album is epic an from the east coast its a gem .. I got respect for jeezy but just because he has a few collabs with Hov dont mean ? .
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blackabar wrote: »

Young Jeezy didn’t totally suit up for his Vibe cover shoot, but he did take a break from his khakis and rock a tie, lol.
    I can’t wait to hear what Jeezy has to say in the cover feature about his upcoming TM103 album, but I’m sure everyone will have an opinion on these Vibe pull-quotes that my homie Lowkey posted on BET.com….
    Jeezy on Biggie & 2Pac nostalgia:

Pac and Big gone…They no more. Only thing you can hear is they voice, my ? , and you know what they voice telling me? You gotta keep it moving, man. ? the dumb ? …I’m four albums in. How many albums Big have, two? He ain’t make it that far. So I’m already ahead of the game.
    UPDATE: The quote above was serviced to BET.com, but without two key factors: context and a middle sentence. I just saw a scan of the actual article, and in it, Jeezy is talking about why he decided to let go of old beefs and sit down with Gucci Mane. Veteran writer Ben Meadows-Ingram writes:
    …By making peace publicly, Jeezy broke ranks. Together with Drama and Gucci, he pumped the brakes on a car speeding out of control and veered left. What happens next is anyone’s guess, but after everything he’s seen, Jeezy knows it has to be a better road than the one he was on.
    “Pac and Big gone, cuz,” he says, looking up. “They no more. Only thing you can hear is they voice, my ? , and you know what they voice telling me? You gotta keep it moving, man. ? that dumb ? , cuz. We wanna be where you at. I’m four albums in. How many albums Big have, two? He ain’t make it that far. So I’m already ahead of the game.”
    But Jeezy knows it’s not that simple. He gets phone calls, friends in the streets and in the pen, telling him he should have never backed down. “But they don’t understand,” he says, “’cause they just got that mentality, ? or be killed. Ant that’s my mentality. But at the same time, I still want to be here for my child…
    “We wanna be where you at” is missing from the pull quote. How can you possibly take that line out? It wasn’t removed to save space on an email. The only purpose is to make the quote viable out of context. In some cases, the context is not that crucial. Some statements can stand alone. But the context here is absolutely key. Jeezy’s words completely change from an explanation of how beef is not worth it..to a bravado quote about new kings vs. old ones.
    The Jeezy cover story is a great read, it didn’t need any misleading pull quotes to enhance that fact. Hopefully it was just an innocent p.r. oversight.
    oo-oo. Honesty and self-confidence? Or sacrilege?….check out another Jeezy quotable, and Vibe’s other cover (substantially less clothed) after the jump…

Jeezy on his place in hip hop’s current hierarchy:

I feel like the last Mohican dawg…I feel like the last man standing. I done seen it, I done done it. I done smelt it…I know what I am. But I know what I’m not about to become. I gotta stand for something, man. Who better?
    So…are you guys up in arms? I’m not. Seems like Jeezy feels how he should feel about himself, whether or not others agree. Either that or he knows what to say to get ears perked. (Probably a combo of both)

tell me where he is lying or saying he is better then anyone in this quote I will wait and until then Stans get your reading comprehension up and Biggies ? mold out ya ass so maybe you can think straight before going on Homotional rants...
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn ? catchin feelings in this thread real talk from Jeezy
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jeezy is a below average lyricist. he doesn't even rhyme sometimes.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I had forgotten about Jeezy saying this ? lol...
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    biggie small verse on victory>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. jeezys entire family tree existance
  • BOOGLIVE18
    BOOGLIVE18 Members Posts: 882
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yaa ? love to hate on people & take ? out of context smh. It aint like he was comparin himself to big or Pac, he was just saying I'm still here, you know I'm still around. Nobody pushed me out the game, and nobody can just write me off & say I'm finished.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont think he meant he is better than big i think he was sayen just keep maken music cause big aint get that chance

ima go with this answeer instead of reading 3 pages of bs and speculation which im sure is in this thread.
  • the_secret_society
    the_secret_society Members Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So what is he trying to say? stop listening to Tupac and Biggie because they are deceased so there for i am more relevant..?
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am surprised this did not spark more conversation then this already...
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes 4 is more than 2. But when the combined 2 have a stronger quality than the 4 combined, somebody is mad!!!
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I agree with everything Jeezy said.