Beyonce: Legend Or F#cking Overrated?...

Options

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Dangerously In Love is her worst album to date....y'all like it because it was the closet the modern R&B she's ever gotten to.

LMAO... really
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The funny ? is, for all the people who are ? about her music selection, there are millions praising it. It comes down to making music the appease the smaller elitist traditional fans or making music for mass consumption. Personally i would say f u to the elitist fans because their taste is too picky for me plus smart artist never want to pigeonhole themselves, that's how you fall off or get boxed in.

You can say that about Soulja Boy too... he's first single was among the most suuccesful singles in history... millions praised and danced to it too
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LMAO... really
    Yeah, really. It was her least cohesive album and kinda fell apart towards the end.

And I don't see how you can say she isn't ecletic. Everytime she comes out she brings something new. She's even said she wantd to work with indie artists this go 'round. Like I said before, she isn't stucking doing the same ol' boring traditional R&B . She goes outside of the box each time. Whoever doesn't like it can stay inside the box with Alicia Keys and Keyshia Cole n them and suffocate in there.
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, really. It was her least cohesive album and kinda fell apart towards the end.

And I don't see how you can say she isn't ecletic. Everytime she comes out she brings something new. She's even said she wantd to work with indie artists this go 'round. Like I said before, she isn't stucking doing the same ol' boring traditional R&B . She goes outside of the box each time. Whoever doesn't like it can stay inside the box with Alicia Keys and Keyshia Cole n them and suffocate in there.

Really, I'm not bothered about her popularity and sales... good for her

Sasha Fierce had only one decent single IMO out of all the ? she released as singles and that was 'Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)'... notice how that was her longest and biggest outta the rest

Like I said earlier... she's become a brand... and fanatic consumers can't tell good from wack
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO... really

You can say that about Soulja Boy too... he's first single was among the most suuccesful singles in history... millions praised and danced to it too

Not even a close comparison, that mf is close to being braindead. Beyonces uptempo or comercial track serve a time and place, aint nobody tryna listen to no traditional r and b all day. I think she should continue to make the music she wants to make because we all know what's gonna happen if she would make a traditional r and b album, it wouldn't sell as much and the same mfs telling her to make traditional r and b would say she fell off.
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not even a close comparison, that mf is close to being braindead. Beyonces uptempo or comercial track serve a time and place, aint nobody tryna listen to no traditional r and b all day. I think she should continue to make the music she wants to make because we all know what's gonna happen if she would make a traditional r and b album, it wouldn't sell as much and the same mfs telling her to make traditional r and b would say she fell off.

So that's it then?...

Look. If this chick decides to drop a gospel album tomorrow its gonna sell like mad, why? 'Cos she's made her name...

She doesn't take risks to me like say a Kanye West... and even when she does it seems outta place (that song with GaGa was rubbish)

If she puts out a traditional R'n'B record she'll still sell...
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Beyonce is the equivalent to Janet Jackson in the 80s and early 90s she has that it factor right now.
  • blatin35
    blatin35 Members Posts: 176
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Beyonce is the equivalent to Janet Jackson in the 80s and early 90s she has that it factor right now.

Get the ? outta here.. lol
    She is more on level with J Lo...
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited August 2010
    Options
    blatin35 wrote: »
    Get the ? outta here.. lol
    She is more on level with J Lo...

She for damn sure ain't on no 80's/90s Janet level but you gotta give her a lot more cred than J. Lo. I don't know even know why she got signed.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So that's it then?...

Look. If this chick decides to drop a gospel album tomorrow its gonna sell like mad, why? 'Cos she's made her name...

She doesn't take risks to me like say a Kanye West... and even when she does it seems outta place (that song with GaGa was rubbish)

If she puts out a traditional R'n'B record she'll still sell...

You know damn well nothing is guaranteed in this game dude, look at Christina Aquiellera last album that flopped so bad, ? aint even ? 200,000 total. Nothing is guaranteed nowadays, why does she need to take risk, if she isn't your cup of tea then go find someone who makes the music you want. There are more than enough artist out ther who make traditional r and b if thats what you want. Everyone has their niche, i don't see people asking A Keys to switch her ? up or Mary J Blige.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how can u say that when she just came out with "why dont you love me"........ beyonce.....im sorry her evolution is not the truth
    Yall need to give the chick room to grow too, yall act like Whitney wasn't making "I wanna dance with somebody" and Diana Ross wasn't making "Im coming out". It's pretty obvious her music is starting to head into the more mature side with tracks like FLAWS AND ALL, HALO,etc. Overall i just don't think she will be one of those cliche sounding (baby why did u cheat, men aint ? , etc) type singers, she is bigger than being just a r and b artist, that's for mfs like Keysha Cole, etc.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    beyonce built a fanbase where people actualy looked up to her respect her and adore her...now ppl just "look" at her i mean i geuss if u wanna call it "evolving" or "stepping" out of the box..the gurl is nowhere near able to drop a gossple album and have the fanbase that she would have if it was before all this rukus started...oh no not with that image and those videos listen to a track like "sweet dreams" or that telephone song she did wit lady gaga...religiouse ppl do not like things that are too confusing to understand..? is not one of confusion.... beyonces name is no longer beyonces name,,,she took that sasha fierce and raaaaan wit it to the point that that is what she is now...then she trys to go back??.... after doin all that...it seems to me like a bunch of crazyness goin on inside the head
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    She gets her props from me..

She connects with younger and the older crowd, not to many folks can do that male or female
  • blatin35
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Super Lex wrote: »
    She for damn sure ain't on no 80's/90s Janet level but you gotta give her a lot more cred than J. Lo. I don't know even know why she got signed.

J Lo was every where during her peak, albums, movies and her clothing/perfume line.The only thing about J lo was she wasn't a chick that toured a lot.
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    'Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)'... notice how that was her longest and biggest outta the rest
    Na, I didn't notice. "Halo" is actually her longest charting single ever (almost 8 months).
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Na, I didn't notice. "Halo" is actually her longest charting single ever (almost 8 months).

Single Ladies >>> Halo...
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Single Ladies >>> Halo...
    LOL...to you (quality-wise)
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL...to you (quality-wise)

I mean... that song with the video went global

I heard 'Halo' like for about a month and that was it...
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shes a legend in her own ways.. And very over-rated..
  • blatin35
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I mean... that song with the video went global

I heard 'Halo' like for about a month and that was it...

I bet you wont hear that ? on radio in a couple years...
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm convince Beyonce is the measuring to some of you folks. Why not use India Arie,Jasmine Sullivan,Angie Stone,Janelle Monae,etc, oh yeah, nobody cares about them.
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm convince Beyonce is the measuring to some of you folks. Why not use India Arie,Jasmine Sullivan,Angie Stone,Janelle Monae,etc, oh yeah, nobody cares about them.

Yeah she is... and what she puts out most of the time is perishable
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options

and what those traditionalist r and b artist put out is irrelevant.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

along with 100% of all music thats being put..
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and what those traditionalist r and b artist put out is irrelevant.

Well, you've just stated what we all wanna hear... she's only making her music for the cash and not for classic ?
    along with 100% of all music thats being put..

Which answers my original question that she's grossly overrated...
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, you've just stated what we all wanna hear... she's only making her music for the cash and not for classic ?

Which answers my original question that she's grossly overrated...

Nope, she puts out music that people want to hear, all artist make music for cash, that's why they sign to labels, put out videos and tour. I know you don't think they do it for free, Beyonce just happen to put out a product that people like. If she was grossly overrated, then people like Rihanna, Ciara, Keri Hilson,etc would all take her spot, but they can't, they can't do what she do.