Grand Theft Auto V

Options

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I say set it in Japan. With the foriegn cars and the Yakusa that ? would be dope.

Naw Yakuza already got that covered....

London would be a better choice even though they got the Getaway
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? all that. Set in Jamaica. Different districts. From Montego Bay down to Kingston.

Instead of Little Jacob, we rolling with Mavado.
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    ? all that. Set in Jamaica. Different districts. From Montego Bay down to Kingston.

Jamaica would be nice... it could expand on the belly scenes... but i would have to turn on the subtitles...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Naw Yakuza already got that covered....

London would be a better choice even though they got the Getaway

The Getaway was ? . London deserves a better free-roaming game than that.

Liking the idea of Jamaica.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2011
    Options

If Getaway was free roaming like GTA, it would have been great. Still one of my favourite games.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If they do Jamaica, Little Jacob could still have a role. lol
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the next one after this will be in a country outside of america im certain of it .... bogota (columbia) kingston (jamaica) .... watch
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

I dont give a ? , I liked the Getaway. The story, graphics, the shootouts, the environmental details, voice and cutscnenes all were great to me. Only real problem was the controls could have been tighter and the driving with the light signals guiding you and all that took a lot of getting used to but once you get a handle on all that, the game was solid. Underrated. Just took a lot of patience. Im mad the PS3 sequel got cancelled, I felt it had a lot of potential.

C/S Jamaica for V, though, that would be hot. What would be even more dope, though, is if they let you travel from the US to spots overseas in this one. That would be a first.
  • stoneface
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nope IV was the first GTA I finished... I thought it was a very good game that didn't let the controls mess it up for me like the previous ones

Yup, thats one thing GTA IV does not get enough credit for around here. It had the best, most responsive shooting controls out of all the 3D ones, hands down. I dont feel the controls in the shootouts ruined the previous ones but they could have been tightened up, GTA IV nailed that ? . I will say the hand to hand combat controls in IV were weaker that in San Andreas, though. San Andreas had hand to hand combat on lock, learning new fighting styles and ? . I hope they bring that back in some form on V.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They already did London. It was out for PS1, and it sucked.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Yup, thats one thing GTA IV does not get enough credit for around here. It had the best, most responsive shooting controls out of all the 3D ones, hands down. I dont feel the controls in the shootouts ruined the previous ones but they could have been tightened up, GTA IV nailed that ? . I will say the hand to hand combat controls in IV were weaker that in San Andreas, though. San Andreas had hand to hand combat on lock, learning new fighting styles and ? . I hope they bring that back in some form on V.

I got sicc of havin to run from fights in IV becuz Niko couldn't fight smh I stayed gettin my ass jumped

Louis was an improvement

that ? CJ could beat the ? outta like 4 Ballers at the same time
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i was hoping for something that spanned multiple cities and let us catch flights or drive to them like SA. the ps3 can handle it im sure.

jus a setting in LA isnt good enough.
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    i was hoping for something that spanned multiple cities and let us catch flights or drive to them like SA. the ps3 can handle it im sure.

but could the Xbox handle it... Xbox ? im sure dont want to be swapping disc to go to Miami and then swap again to go to Chicago...
    this is why GTA should be exclusive... i bet they could really do something on the PS3
  • stoneface
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but could the Xbox handle it... Xbox ? im sure dont want to be swapping disc to go to Miami and then swap again to go to Chicago...
    this is why GTA should be exclusive... i bet they could really do something on the PS3

lol You would probably have to change discs at certain points in the main story, not when traveling to different areas, man.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »

def a popping idea....but I think they feel like that'll slow down the game way too much
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

For one y'all ? need to get off of the 360's ? with this swapping discs ? . Secondly, doubt anyone would truly give a ?
  • ocelot
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    For one y'all ? need to get off of the 360's ? with this swapping discs ? . Secondly, doubt anyone would truly give a ?

we'll talk once you come over to the PS3 side...

Heres your Christmas list
    Uncharted Series
    MGS4
    Imfamous Series
    Folklore
    Rachet and Clank series ( a ? in time is the best one out)
    LittleBig Planet
    Flow
    Flower
    Pixel Junk series
    PS1 Classics ( I prefer FFVIII)
    Super Star Dust HD
    and Cathirine while youre at it...
  • intalect
    edited October 2011
    Options

damn defensive much ? just face it games these days are very large in disc space and sony knew it before microsoft did so just give em their props for a being a futureproof system.......
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2011
    Options
    intalect wrote: »
    damn defensive much ? just face it games these days are very large in disc space and sony knew it before microsoft did so just give em their props for a being a futureproof system.......

I'm not mad about anything, but y'all acting like ? is heated because they gotta get up to swap discs. It ain't that serious
  • intalect
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm not mad about anything, but y'all acting like ? is heated because they gotta get up to swap discs. It ain't that serious

im not but its just more convenient ...i aint mind swappin discs back in the ps1 days with FFVIII & FFVII
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    with these systems as powerful as they are it aint no reason any system should be swapping ? disks

last time i swapped disks was FF7

1998!!!!!!!

how the fukk u still swappin disks. step yo game up Microsoft,literally
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2011
    Options
    we'll talk once you come over to the PS3 side...

Heres your Christmas list
    Uncharted Series
    MGS4
    Imfamous Series
    Folklore
    Rachet and Clank series ( a ? in time is the best one out)
    LittleBig Planet
    Flow
    Flower
    Pixel Junk series
    PS1 Classics ( I prefer FFVIII)
    Super Star Dust HD
    and Cathirine while youre at it...

^? who knows I'm about to cop a PS3 for that MGS HD Collection post^

? you! lol
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2011
    Options
    intalect wrote: »
    im not but its just more convenient ...i aint mind swappin discs back in the ps1 days with FFVIII & FFVII

I don't mind it at all. It's kinda like a damn snap back into reality for me and a chance to stretch my legs. I didn't mind it when I was paying Mass Effect 2 or Final Fantasy 13 on the 360. Shout out to Tales of vesperia having me work on that ? for a whole week
  • intalect
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't mind it at all. It's kinda like a damn snap back into reality for me and a chance to stretch my legs. I didn't mind it when I was paying Mass Effect 2 or Final Fantasy 13 on the 360. Shout out to Tales of vesperia having me work on that ? for a whole week

i take a break anyway i can't beat a game in the same day anymore unless its that ? short lol
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

The Harder They Come would be the perfect template for a Grand Theft Auto game