Do you believe dinosaurs existed?

Options

Comments

• Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I dont believe "dinosaurs" existed

I believe animals were bigger and probably went extinct just like other creatures today go extinct (food shortages, hunted to death etc) and that the size of those creatures is exaggerated.

How you going to build a big ass dinosaur in a museum then come out years later and say it never existed?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    I dont believe "dinosaurs" existed

I believe animals were bigger
    and probably went extinct just like other creatures today go extinct (food shortages, hunted to death etc) and that the size of those creatures is exaggerated.

How you going to build a big ass dinosaur in a museum then come out years later and say it never existed?

lmao... yall keep sayin that ? like dinosaurs werent animals
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well atleast some of the posts by that dumb ? edward, were atleast amusing.
    lmao @ him denying the facts. Some cats are just that dumb.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lmao... yall keep sayin that ? like dinosaurs werent animals

I dont know who "yall" are

But im not saying that animals weren't "dinosaurs"
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    All this "prove religion is stupid" ? is makin me gettin tired of this site
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Yes, anyone can state anything asinine and want others to refute it. Example: Those things that twinkle in the sky at night are not stars. Refute this.

Museums carrying Dinosaur replicas is very feasible and easy to prove otherwise. You guys are idiots. It makes perfect sense though, every indian can't be a chief.

Still just to ? ya'll off.

Dinosaur fossils werent discovered until the 19th century.

Not during the 18th17th16th15th14th13th no mention of Diosaurs.

The Quran? No Dinosaurs. Man and the Quran covers everything! Mathematically !

The Bible? No Dinosaurs!

Paintings from Great Artists NONE!

Statues....NONE!

Hieroglyphics.....NOTHING!

The Asians never reported Dinosaurs! ? the thai worship the Elephant!
    Persians never reported Dinosaurs!
    Africans Never Reported Dinosaurs!

Big Animals yes but Dinosaurs NOPE!

So to those of you who sneaking your way into saying "why ya'll pretending dinosaurs ain't animals"

Why are ya'll pretending like they mention any other animals!

All they do is exaggerate the Size of Huge Lizards and Bird fossils because it was profitable, provided alot of work for scientist and archaeologist, replicas have been bought by many museums, books have been written movies have been made and obviously this has made big business.

You guys stil ain't saying ? but "Scientist said so".

Basically using the same punch and getting countered all day. Say something else.

The best effort was from Fiat.

Pico and the guy who posted the pictures being the worst lol
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Museums carrying Dinosaur replicas is very feasible and easy to prove otherwise. You guys are idiots. It makes perfect sense though, every indian can't be a chief.

The Bible? No Dinosaurs!

Statues....NONE!

So to those of you who sneaking your way into saying "why ya'll pretending dinosaurs ain't animals"

All they do is exaggerate the Size of Huge Lizards Fand Bird fossils because it was profitable, provided alot of work for scientist and archaeologist, replicas have been bought by many museums, books have been written movies have been made and obviously this has made big business.

Basically using the same punch and getting countered all day. Say something else.

Religious books arent the end-all-be-all to legitimate claims of pre-historic items bruh. Because they werent "discovered" doesnt mean they werent there. Man wasnt truly able to discover or unearth a LOT of things until the last few hundred years. To say otherwise is asinine. How would a civilization term something if they havent discovered it?

Your logic =

They didnt discover it, so it doesnt exist.

Thats FLAWED at best and flat STUPID at worst.

How you dont see this, is laughable.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

The Bible? No Dinosaurs!

Statues....NONE!

Besides the fact that the term dinosaur wasn't coined way back than. They didn't live with dinosaurs what about them dying off 64+ million years ago that you do not get? How can they report something that died off millions of years ago.

Lol at the Bible and Quran being anything near historically accurate.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i'm iffy on this topic , and is lookin at it from both sides. although i believed dinosaurs existed ,i wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.. i understand where ED is comin from,

think about it ... say dinosaurs did exist, then ancient civilizations all over the world would of came into contact with dinosaur fossils and it would have been well documented ...and say they did, then they would already have a phrase to identify such, why coin a new phrase???? okay cool that's not that big of a deal, but what phrase is "Dinosaur" synonymous with, that has been used to identify dinosaurs to prior to the 19th century??

scientists are employed and are on the payroll by "the ? who create agendas headquarters", and that's a fact that's one thing i know...
  • major pain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i'm iffy on this topic , and is lookin at it from both sides. although i believed dinosaurs existed ,i wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.. i understand where ED is comin from,

think about it ... say dinosaurs did exist, then ancient civilizations all over the world would of came into contact with dinosaur fossils and it would have been well documented ...and say they did, then they would already have a phrase to identify such, why coin a new phrase???? okay cool that's not that big of a deal, but what phrase is "Dinosaur" synonymous with, that has been used to identify dinosaurs to prior to the 19th century??

scientists are employed and are on the payroll by "the ? who create agendas headquarters", and that's a fact that's one thing i know...

Thats the thing, older civilizations DID find some, they obviously didnt know what they were. Yall are acting like science and technology hasnt advanced exponentially in the last couple of hundreds of years and our current civilization knows MUCH more than older ones.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thats the thing, older civilizations DID find some, they obviously didnt know what they were. Yall are acting like science and technology hasnt advanced exponentially in the last couple of hundreds of years and our current civilization knows MUCH more than older ones.

cosign, they used to call them bones of "dragons" and whatnot
  • Smo-King Locs
    edited October 2011
    Options

it's well documented that Ancient Civilization were ahead of us, if u go thru some ancient temples in South America and Africa they have images depicting ? we just now re-discovering B...
    Thats the thing, older civilizations DID find some, they obviously didnt know what they were
    and come on use common sense, they would of dug em up, n whether to worship or w/e and it would have been given a name n documented
  • Smo-King Locs
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cosign, they used to call them bones of "dragons" and whatnot

link b....
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

The thing about fossils, is they are rarely found completely intact; especially if crude/primitive excavation techniques are used. So, when people did find dinosaur bones in the past, without some form of reference to go by they were unable to identify the entire organism the bones belonged to. Even if they did find one fairly intact, biology/paleontology wasn't advanced enough for them to realize "This must be a member of a group of organisms which lived tens of millions of years ago.". I'm not even sure if the idea of pre-human organisms was even a fathomable idea for most humans of the past. ? , biological evolution was practically unknown back then, and even now some don't "believe" it. They may have just called them "dragons"; as was done in Ancient China, which is known for its many dinosaur fossils. Or they could have called them "giants"; which is what the earlier documented example of a dinosaur fossil being discovered in the 17th century that I mentioned was called until properly identified.

This isn't exclusive to dinosaur fossils. Fossils of early hominids such as "Lucy" and "Ardi" were only discovered in the 20th century; and even then, the fossils weren't complete. The oldest fossils of hominid-like species discovered were just done so in this century alone.

So yeh, in general, humans in the past had trouble finding and identifying fossils of organisms from millions of years ago; dinosaurs or otherwise.
  • major pain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it's well documented that Ancient Civilization were ahead of us, if u go thru some ancient temples in South America and Africa they have images depicting ? we just now re-discovering B...

and come on use common sense, they would of dug em up, n whether to worship or w/e and it would have been given a name n documented

? no. You can believe what you want, but science is as FAR advanced as its ever been. The only thing that has changed is how much WE understand how much THEY knew. The fact that you can communicate with another person that isnt in front of you in real time PROVES we're a more advanced civilization.
  • major pain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    link b....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon

Animals that may have inspired dragons
    Nile crocodiles, today very restricted in range, were in ancient times occasionally found in Southern Europe, having swam across the Mediterranean. Such wayward crocodiles may have inspired dragon myths. Skeletons of whales, as well as dinosaur and mammalian fossils were occasionally mistaken for the bones of dragons and other mythological creatures; for example, a discovery in 300 BC in Wucheng[disambiguation needed ], Sichuan, China, was labeled as such by Chang Qu.
  • Smo-King Locs
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    The thing about fossils, is they are rarely found completely intact; especially if crude/primitive excavation techniques are used. So, when people did find dinosaur bones in the past, without some form of reference to go by they were unable to identify the entire organism the bones belonged to. Even if they did find one fairly intact, biology/paleontology wasn't advanced enough for them to realize "This must be a member of a group of organisms which lived tens of millions of years ago.". I'm not even sure if the idea of pre-human organisms was even a fathomable idea for most humans of the past. ? , biological evolution was practically unknown back then, and even now some don't "believe" it. They may have just called them "dragons"; as was done in Ancient China, which is known for its many dinosaur fossils. Or they could have called them "giants"; which is what the earlier documented example of a dinosaur fossil being discovered in the 17th century that I mentioned was called until properly identified.

This isn't exclusive to dinosaur fossils. Fossils of early hominids such as "Lucy" and "Ardi" were only discovered in the 20th century; and even then, the fossils weren't complete. The oldest fossils of hominid-like species discovered were just done so in this century alone.

So yeh, in general, humans in the past had trouble finding and identifying fossils of organisms from millions of years ago; dinosaurs or otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon

Animals that may have inspired dragons
    Nile crocodiles, today very restricted in range, were in ancient times occasionally found in Southern Europe, having swam across the Mediterranean. Such wayward crocodiles may have inspired dragon myths. Skeletons of whales, as well as dinosaur and mammalian fossils were occasionally mistaken for the bones of dragons and other mythological creatures; for example, a discovery in 300 BC in Wucheng[disambiguation needed ], Sichuan, China, was labeled as such by Chang Qu.

makes alot of sense
    ? no. You can believe what you want, but science is as FAR advanced as its ever been. The only thing that has changed is how much WE understand how much THEY knew. The fact that you can communicate with another person that isnt in front of you in real time PROVES we're a more advanced civilization.

technology yes but overall civilization hell naw... ? are regressing
  • major pain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    makes alot of sense

technology yes but overall civilization hell naw... ? are regressing

you're kidding right? our civilization is the largest and most dynamic of ANY known civilization.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

The Bible? No Dinosaurs!

Statues....NONE!

All they do is exaggerate the Size of Huge Lizards and Bird fossils because it was profitable, provided alot of work for scientist and archaeologist, replicas have been bought by many museums, books have been written movies have been made and obviously this has made big business.

they actually first saw them in the 1600's and the chinese were using the bones thinking they were dragon bones for medicines way before that

they just came up with the name "dinosaurs" in the 1800

and how is exaggerrating the size "profitable"? some simple research would tell you that there are plenty of small dinosaur species. why didnt they exaggerate those?

this aint tomb raider where rich people travel the globe pistols holstered discovering ? . its teachers/ professors and students laying face down in the dirt brushing ? off with a toothbrush
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Fiat stays quiet too much, yo Fiat you gotta school these cats, shut them the ? down.
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't believe dinosaurs ever existed. I don't believe the world is millions or billions of years old and I don't believe that there are unknown species of animals that are extinct (dinosaurs). I believe the animals that exist today are the only ones that have ever existed, just certain features or characteristics have changed through adaptation over time, like mammoths....over timethey adapted to their surroundings, shed their fur and became elephants.

Do ya'll know that dinosaur sculptures are artificially made bones? They find a few pieces of something that was probably an elephant and create the rest. They can find the tooth of an animal that exists today and construct a large lizard around it and claim it was any species of dinosaur. I call bs on those fossils. I truly believe they are planted gimmicks and that the whole dinosaur machine is for financial gain. Also, scientist disagree with a animal being as large as they are portrayed and their functioning abilities.

Anyways, the disbelief in dinosaurs is common. Here is a former paleontologists story
    http://sites.google.com/site/dinosaurdeception/
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ms Eudoxie wrote: »
    I don't believe dinosaurs ever existed. I don't believe the world is millions or billions of years old and I don't believe that there are unknown species of animals that are extinct (dinosaurs). I believe the animals that exist today are the only ones that have ever existed, just certain features or characteristics have changed through adaptation over time, like mammoths....over timethey adapted to their surroundings, shed their fur and became elephants.

Do ya'll know that dinosaur sculptures are artificially made bones? They find a few pieces of something that was probably an elephant and create the rest. They can find the tooth of an animal that exists today and construct a large lizard around it and claim it was any species of dinosaur. I call bs on those fossils. I truly believe they are planted gimmicks and that the whole dinosaur machine is for financial gain. Also, scientist disagree with a animal being as large as they are portrayed and their functioning abilities.

Anyways, the disbelief in dinosaurs is common. Here is a former paleontologists story
    http://sites.google.com/site/dinosaurdeception/

Again, so you're saying that all of our national museums are in on the deception???

Are you seriously willing to make that claim?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    this is the most unintentionally funny thread i have ever read
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol...people are vehemently discussing dragons and unicorns in this ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    this is the most unintentionally funny thread i have ever read

Might be the goat thread of trolling.
This discussion has been closed.