Do you believe dinosaurs existed?

Options

Comments

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ms Eudoxie wrote: »
    This is what I already said, if it exists today it has been existing. It might undergo changes through adaptation to new environments but we are not finding new extinct anything.

Basically, people think because they're just seeing something it's new......no it's new to you
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    what classifies something as a dinosaur?
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This is what I already said, if it exists today it has been existing. It might undergo changes through adaptation to new environments but we are not finding new extinct anything.

Might or must? Just curious as to what your answer would be.
    And how would you explain sharks? They're known to have existed prior to dinosaurs and still do 'til this very day. How could this be so if this fairly new idea that the earth is millions of years old is just bogus?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ......for the believers.

this thing here named ms eudoxie(which is a man im sure)is trolling....but edward is serious
  • bankrupt baller
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

it has to be fake.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Generic wrote: »
    and which one of your posts were of substance? Drop something factual b, I'll wait dumb ? .
    LOL @ humans being bigger in one point in time.

According to Edgar Cayce (who predicted the pole shifts and part of japan sinking) this is the truth.

Zecharia Sitchin also has a theory on this.

Now I'm not saying its the truth but I think they are more credible then you. Who the ? are you? Dumb ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have no problem with it being a new idea, but like I already mentioned, the idea only came about to give credibility to these made up creatures.

that's just it though, the age of the earth wasn't just created solely to explain the existence or non-existence of dinosaurs...there's plenty of things that the earth's age has been used to explain...like for instance the fact that the continents have moved and continue to over millions of years...of is that all made of too? to deny the methods used to determine the age of the earth you'd have to essentially deny alot of what you really do believe to be factually true, even whatever age you believe the earth to truly be...
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    no, it came about because radiometric dating which is based on the radioactive decay of certain isotopes says the oldest rocks on the planet are approximately 4.54 billion years old. so unless you don't believe in isotopes, radioactive decay, chemistry, biology, physics or any science for that matter, then i don't see how you don't believe the evidence presented to you.

threads like this really make me see why america is ranked below mexico in terms of education. have you seriously studied or looked at any of this stuff you claim to be lies

..of course, but people create theories to justify their mad ideas everyday.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    And FIAT if you're gonna say they were giants. You need to refer to what the ? I been saying from jump about how the alot of creatures on the earth that are still here! Were ? Huge Giants Even! Including Us.

Dinosaur Fossils were not found until the 19th century in the 1860's. Only thing close would be the Mammoth which is the ancestor to the Elephant.Other than that all creature that would be anything close to a dinosaur were mythological
    GARGOYLES, DRAGONS, SPHINX

So lol if you believe in Dragon then you believe in Gargoyles lol You people are ? dumb

And once again the BOnes in Museums are replicas.
    Facts dont change.

Opinions and assumptions do, no read back your own posts of hate, pictures and ? .

Those are facts you illiterate ?
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    According to Edgar Cayce (who predicted the pole shifts and part of japan sinking) this is the truth.

Now I'm not saying its the truth but I think they are more credible then you. Who the ? are you? Dumb ?

All I needed to see. Dumbest ? I've seen on this board. You're being serious too lmao.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options

how much money it can make
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    All I needed to see. Dumbest ? I've seen on this board. You're being serious too lmao.

Still no facts to contribute? Still nothing valid to say but to diss?

What you want attention?
  • bankrupt baller
    edited October 2011
    Options
    this cant be life.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2011
    Options

Come on man, can't be quoting Damian and then following it up by posting this ironic statement.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how much money it can make

what if it can't make money.
  • Ms Eudoxie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Might or must? Just curious as to what your answer would be.
    And how would you explain sharks? They're known to have existed prior to dinosaurs and still do 'til this very day. How could this be so if this fairly new idea that the earth is millions of years old is just bogus?

Might or must, read into it what you like.

Sharks exist today. What did they do to survive while dino's became extinct?
  • bankrupt baller
    edited October 2011
    Options
    what if it can't make money.

then its called an edward
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    no, it came about because radiometric dating which is based on the radioactive decay of certain isotopes says the oldest rocks on the planet are approximately 4.54 billion years old. so unless you don't believe in isotopes, radioactive decay, chemistry, biology, physics or any science for that matter, then i don't see how you don't believe the evidence presented to you.

threads like this really make me see why america is ranked below mexico in terms of education. have you seriously studied or looked at any of this stuff you claim to be lies

If you use the word approximately or just about.....You are unsure and are not in posession of a fact.

So what you are stating is closer to hypothesis....and educated guess based on research

So its not that we don't believe in science, we just don't believe in the science presented to us.

Just because you've been educated to do something doesn't mean that the way you're applying your practice is correct.
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What's funny is that I know a lot of christians who do believe dinosaurs existed. Some
    of them believe they co-existed early on. From my understanding, the term dinosaur
    was first coined in 1841 or 1842 by scientist richard owen. The bible as we know it
    was written well before the 1800s.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Come on man, can't be quoting Damian and then following it up by posting this ironic statement.

What does that have to do with anything lol the guy hasnt quoted any scholars, enclopedias, he ain't provide any facts,

he just quotes me and says ? he would never say to my face and that have nothing to do with the subject of "Do you believe if Dinosaurs Existed".

He should make a thread called "how I feel about E. Nigma" otherwise get off my ? ya know

You and fiat and Kai are coming with it, but when you start dissin your showing you have no sort of information or eloquence to prove your point.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What's funny is that I know a lot of christians who do believe dinosaurs existed. Some
    of them believe they co-existed early on. From my understanding, the term dinosaur
    was first coined in 1841 or 1842 by scientist richard owen. The bible as we know it
    was written well before the 1800s.

How many ? times have I said the fossils havent been discovered until the 19th century lol ahhhhh man!
  • bankrupt baller
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ed tell me you're trolling...for my own sanity
  • Ms Eudoxie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    no darling, they're not mad ideas if the concrete evidence is right there. do you believe elements and atoms exist? do you believe that certain atoms have different number of neutrons (that's what an isotope is)? you don't have to just believe, it's been proven. if you want to read up on the history of chemistry you would see how. well you may not know, but there is a property called radioactive decay, where a material degrades at a specific rate forever. so if we know what the rate of radioactive decay is, we can trace back to see how old a material is.

sweetie, i can not explain basic chemistry in one post to you. i would really suggest you take a class or something, because sheer ignorance is not becoming. i actually do believe in ? , but a belief in ? does not negate scientific truth.

yes, I believe that science can help explain some things but science does not explain it all. It can help lead to hypothesis and theories and such, but at the end of the day we get close guestimates, not facts. My point is I don't accept everything science or man presents as facts. Cardon dating goes back about 50/ 60 thousand years while there are other methods that go further, none can prove dinosaurs to me when i already don't accept "fossils" knowing they create them in a lab everyday from a bone that was never a dino to begin with.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited October 2011
    Options
    no, an approximation is just that. just like i am approximately 5'5". ? , if you truly wanted to you could go see for yourself how radiometric dating works, science is not something kept away in secret from the masses.

you must be unsure of your own height lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Might or must, read into it what you like.

Sharks exist today. What did they do to survive while dino's became extinct?

I'm not reading into anything, I can't assume your opinion for you. I was simply asking a valid question to hear what that opinion might be......
This discussion has been closed.