The Official Common>>>>>>>>>Tupac

Options

Comments

• Hustle Crow
    Hustle Crow Members Posts: 133
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol it's funny because only on the Internet will this be true.
  • Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cosign

So a song like ? bleed sounds dated to you in 2011? Or My downfall sounds dated?

NO

Part time ? ,rebel of da underground,the whole Aeom album and strictly 4 my ? sounds dated

And listen to the current south that 98 no limit sound was years ahead of the game

Lol of course it's going to sound dated it came out in 93 or 94. Biggie music is dated idk that's just how I feel. No limit is garbage ? them.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I co-sign this thread.

Resurrection
    Like Water for Chocolate
    Be

3 certified classics, 3 different eras in Hip Hop.

New album sounds like its about to be a strong contender for #4.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol it's funny because only on the Internet will this be true.
    what does this mean exactly...................
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I co-sign this thread.

Resurrection
    Like Water for Chocolate
    Be

3 certified classics, 3 different eras in Hip Hop.

New album sounds like its about to be a strong contender for #4.

Attachment not found.

• Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    Options

Because no one outside this website will agree with this. I'm just being honest, don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to an opinion and 2pac isn't a ? to me I just think he's better than a lot of rappers.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    but Jay aint dead, just his lyrical talent and courage to battle is. Pac been dead as ? for a long time, how come we get these Pac was not good, SO and SO >>>>> than Pac ? threads seem like every damn week like Pac made a wack song last tuesday N ? . why is Pac even on people mind so much? all these wack ? damn artist out here Rick Ross ANybody on Young Money, there are a whole bunch of stupid ? by people that's alive RIGHT NOW that ? can say Common >>>> so and so but Pac dead as ? and still a target SMH at yall ?

First off calm down ? .

What does any of this post got to do with who makes better music?

If a ? wanna compare pacs music to a ? that's still living why is that a prob?

& don't gimme that "? always say *insert rapper*>>>pac" cuz they do the same ? abt jay, Nas etc on a daily basis.
  • samkaveli
    samkaveli Members Posts: 572
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    florida = eastcoast

florida borders the atlantic ocean

what part of the country does the atlantic ocean meet the united states.. the eastern part

so florida = eastcoast

had to break it down for the slow southeastern coast ?
    at least Florida still relevant(Rick Ross holding it down for fl) cant say the same for Cali LMFAO.
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because when people say "insert rapper >>>> Pac" it automatically makes Pac the standard. They know it's going to draw more attention to put Pac on the less than side because Pac is more widely accepted. So actually saying "insert rapper >>>>>Pac" speaks more of the insecurity in the musical taste of the person making the statement than it does of the person saying it's blasphemy. It's like seeing how many people share the same opinion rather than just being comfortable in just preferring (insert rapper) over Pac.

They compare other to Pac because ? make him the gold standard the damn messiah of rap music.

What's wrong with them wanting to compare an artist to the so called best?
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because no one outside this website will agree with this. I'm just being honest, don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to an opinion and 2pac isn't a ? to me I just think he's better than a lot of rappers.

You might wanna expand your circle. Hip Hop heads have been calling Common one of the GOATs since Like Water came out.

Who's the best emcees? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Com.
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options

Exactly ? ? me with that statement as if the internet isn't real.

Real people are online.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I put both of them in my Top 5. Pac is higher for a reason. He's a dope rapper with substance and content similar to Common.
  • Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    Options
    samkaveli wrote: »
    at least Florida still relevant(Rick Ross holding it down for fl) cant say the same for Cali LMFAO.

Cali has classics, what came from Florida that was dope.
  • Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Exactly ? ? me with that statement as if the internet isn't real.

Real people are online.

Never said it wasn't, but if you talk hip hop music with people who dont associate with hip hop sites(keywords) there going to say PAC.
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Never said it wasn't, but if you talk hip hop music with people who dont associate with hip hop sites(keywords) there going to say PAC.

Because pac was shot & killed, stirred up controversy & more popular.

Some ? don't even know who common is.
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Common got crazy range what you talking bout? Only thing is he matured so did his content. Check out " Ressurection" for example.. Giood Mix of ignorant type with social and thought provoking type songs... plus Common got the goat outros... word to Pops..

Co-sign to the fullest on the outros but I'm comparing him to Pac. I mean Pac could take you to hell's kitchen, mama's house then to "chuuch". Common can't really capture the ? rap essence like Pac could.
  • blaq diemenz
    blaq diemenz Members Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    I come on the IC every time I get a break from selling ? and it always amazes me how ? have Pac in their top 5 but put Common in the 10-20 range foh you wanna be impersonators.Unlike Pac, Common didn't had to act like a ? /gangster to sell albums.He's a far better representative than Pac only ignorant ? wouldn't agree.Common also is a better actor and made songs with actual meaning to help uplift the black community.
    to a derogative song like this smfh cooning at it's finest.

i can understand common is more positive then 2pac but realize what 2pac went thru either self inflicting or not..
    common parents a former basketball player and educator
    2pac mother a former drug addict black panther
    common college bound
    2pac - nah
    but as far as actor nah man ill go with 2pac as far as albums i gotta go with 2pac u know why its called universal mind control and electric circus... 2pac albums u saw him get better and better he went thru 3 flawless albums me against the world all eyes on me to makaveli
    but i do wonder why u dont have thse songs for 2pac

dont get me wrong common i got all this dudes albums am i fan but music wise better then 2pac .. NO!
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Co-sign thread. MrJr hustlin outchea.
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Common is one of the most boring rappers in period. Best song was ? IN Yoo. Other than that, not much charisma. And dont try the his lyrics go over my head ish. Plenty of other "conscious" rappers I prefer over Common.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Common makes music that comes and goes. Pac music us legendary. I know people who rock with com. ? Imma fan. However, duke aint making no top 5 list.
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited November 2011
    Options
    2pac is way better than Common

Like someone said Common is not bad but his Music is too boring
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    "let em' talk, let em' hate, it aint Pac's fault they at the bottom, let em' stay"

ay mrjr....you, the child groping bizarro, and the ? squad you rolled in with die slow with a stomach full of baby penises.....? common

brendas got a baby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>his whole life's work
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    They compare other to Pac because ? make him the gold standard the damn messiah of rap music.

What's wrong with them wanting to compare an artist to the so called best?

There's nothing wrong with comparing artists, it's just the manner in which it's done. If someone states "insert rapper >>>> Pac" it's inviting people to scream blasphemy and hold Pac to a standard and looks more like a cry for co-signs than simply asking who is the best between the two or who do you prefer. Saying "insert rapper >>>>> Pac" is like it's already understood that Pac is accepted as the best, I just wanna see who all agrees that "insert rapper" is better. It's like saying I know people hold Pac to this standard, so I'm going to see how many people feel that a rapper that I like is better than Pac. Therefore, it's senseless to argue about why do people treat Pac like he's a ? . It's hard to avoid posts that hold him to that standard when the thread is already based on that premise.
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with comparing artists, it's just the manner in which it's done. If someone states "insert rapper >>>> Pac" it's inviting people to scream blasphemy and hold Pac to a standard and looks more like a cry for co-signs than simply asking who is the best between the two or who do you prefer. Saying "insert rapper >>>>> Pac" is like it's already understood that Pac is accepted as the best, I just wanna see who all agrees that "insert rapper" is better. It's like saying I know people hold Pac to this standard, so I'm going to see how many people feel that a rapper that I like is better than Pac. Therefore, it's senseless to argue about why do people treat Pac like he's a ? . It's hard to avoid posts that hold him to that standard when the thread is already based on that premise.

The reason ? do that is to A. Make ? catch feelings B. To have a debate or vote on who agrees, who doesn't & why.

I don't see why doing tht way is a crime.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options