Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    that reminded me of pedro and don zimmer
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Federer is looking good, so far. Clijsters has advanced as well.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    that reminded me of pedro and don zimmer

LOL, that was what i thought off when i first watched it.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Federer is looking good, so far. Clijsters has advanced as well.

Yea, he has looked good so far. This is one surface i think he still has an advantage over Nadal. That been said, Nadal's game is evolving very fast. The dude gets better every time i watch him play and his so called weaknesses keep reducing. Injuries are the only thing keeping him back.

Oh, ? Roddick.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'd wife up caroline wozniacki....

just thought i'd throw that out there
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Yea, he has looked good so far. This is one surface i think he still has an advantage over Nadal. That been said, Nadal's game is evolving very fast. The dude gets better every time i watch him play and his so called weaknesses keep reducing. Injuries are the only thing keeping him back.

Oh, ? Roddick.
    Yeah if Nadal keeps moving up, he will be the greatest of all time. Tipsarevic, who took out Roddick lost to Monfils today. Monfils too, if he could put it all together would be a great player also.
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    i'd wife up caroline wozniacki....

just thought i'd throw that out there
    caroline_wozniacki_ptw.jpgMe too. She plays Sharapova next. That will be a good one to watch....the counterpuncher/steady baseliner vs. the heavy hitter.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Me too. She plays Sharapova next. That will be a good one to watch....the counterpuncher/steady baseliner vs. the heavy hitter.[/B]

Looks wise, Caroline Wozniacki is hit or miss with me.

Play wise, she keeps impressing me as time goes by. I am predisposed to disliking defensive players (damn u Murray), i am more of a Victoria Azarenka guy (just wish she would find a freaking serve). But her game is evolving from been a defensive Counter-Puncher to a more balanced player. Facing Sharapova would be great, like they say, styles make fights.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kim Clijsters beats Ana Ivanovic, 6-2, 6-1. Clijsters beating her is not surprising, it is the fact Ivanovic did not put up a fight that is sad.

Ivanovic's declining, just like Safina is weird. Just a few years ago, these girls were number one. This is why i feel the Williams sisters should get more credit for their consistency over the years.
  • murdamal86
    murdamal86 Members Posts: 13
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Murray gets owned by Wawrinka in 4!!!!

Nadal ooooooooon to the 4th round with an easy one
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    murdamal86 wrote: »
    Murray gets owned by Wawrinka in 4!!!!

Nadal ooooooooon to the 4th round with an easy one

After Wawrinka choked the first set, i thought Murray would cruise, but Wawrinka kept on the pressure and dominated the rest of the way.
  • murdamal86
    edited September 2010
    Options
    After Wawrinka choked the first set, i thought Murray would cruise, but Wawrinka kept on the pressure and dominated the rest of the way.

I thought Stan was going to mail it in after the first set cause you know he notorious for caving in under pressure. Out of Sod, Fed, and Novac, I got a feeling that one of them will fall soon
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Me too. She plays Sharapova next. That will be a good one to watch....the counterpuncher/steady baseliner vs. the heavy hitter.[/B]

Caroline Wozniacki rolls through Sharapova easily. The women's draw should come down between her and Kim Clijsters. Venus might have a chance, but she is still a bit injured.
  • murdamal86
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Caroline Wozniacki rolls through Sharapova easily. The women's draw should come down between her and Kim Clijsters. Venus might have a chance, but she is still a bit injured.

I like both of them so I had to stay neutral today. Sharapova and her damn double faulting buried her something serious. Seems like since her shoulder reconstruction, her serving has been off
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I see what I've been missing here. The winds were crazy. Monfils had no clue of what to do yesterday. I guess he was playing injured and Djokovic handled him easily. Federer took out Soderling. Wozniacki took out Cibulkova last night in two sets and will be meeting with Vera Zvonera (i think) in the semis. CLijsters vs. Venus...that's going to be good, even though Clijsters won the last 4 matches against her.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Dude, are u really surprised Monflis failed to step up when spotlights were on? The dude has the talent, but everytime he is given the opportunity to take it to the next level, all he does is fail. To be honest, i dont think he can be great. I dont have the stats with me, but i highly doubt he has beating any of the top guys (the Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Davydenko, Del Potro, Cilic, even freaking Roddick) more than twice. He NEVER steps his game up.
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Dude, are u really surprised Monflis failed to step up when spotlights were on? The dude has the talent, but everytime he is given the opportunity to take it to the next level, all he does is fail. To be honest, i dont think he can be great. I dont have the stats with me, but i highly doubt he has beating any of the top guys (the Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Davydenko, Del Potro, Cilic, even freaking Roddick) more than twice. He NEVER steps his game up.
    Oh no, I wasn't suprised but I believe his coach was because he probably felt that he could do better. In last year's US Open, Monfils tried to outdo Nadal in the quarters but was unsucessful. I am not shocked at all, but he has some maturing to do though. I'm just a spectator.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh no, I wasn't suprised but I believe his coach was because he probably felt that he could do better. In last year's US Open, Monfils tried to outdo Nadal in the quarters but was unsucessful. I am not shocked at all, but he has some maturing to do though. I'm just a spectator.

Thats why i like Tsonga. Although he has not won a major yet, I have seen him step it up multiple times to defeat top players. He just needs to stop his self-defeating tendencies.
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thats why i like Tsonga. Although he has not won a major yet, I have seen him step it up multiple times to defeat top players. He just needs to stop his self-defeating tendencies.
    Are you talking about his victory celebration. He's talented too and I hope he does well in the majors. France is still looking for someone to win another major. Who Did he lose too or what part of the draw is he in?
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Are you talking about his victory celebration. He's talented too and I hope he does well in the majors. France is still looking for someone to win another major. Who Did he lose too or what part of the draw is he in?

Nah man, he tends to beat himself up alot during matches. Gets frustrated very fast and it show in his game. He is at his best when he is calm. He has all the tools. I like the celebrations, getting the crowd pumped up.

He did not make it to the US Open, nursing a knee injury from Wimbledon.
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nadal meets Youzhny on Saturday, after handling Verdasco last night. Nadal was looking good, covering the court well, and handled the wind with ease. Youzhny and Wawrinka.....that was the first for in a while to see to men with a one-handed backhand playing against each other. That's was a good match between those two.
  • murdamal86
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Can't wait for "Super Saturday". I think Nadal should and will breeze through Youzhny in 3. I know his comp hasn't really been stiff this Slam but who woulda thought there would be a US Open where he'd reach the semi's w/o dropping a set and getting broken only once!?!?!?!
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The women's semifinals are already taking place now. Zvonareva is up a set and a break at the moment over Wozniacki.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The women's semifinals are already taking place now. Zvonareva is up a set and a break at the moment over Wozniacki.

Just noticed. Zvonareva has always had game, but has always had emotional issues. Lets see if it is too late for Wozniacki to come back. If she wins the 2nd set, Zvonereva will definitely crumble.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Gameover, 6-4, 6-4

Rooting for Clijsters to make it to the finals.