The Official ATP/WTA Tennis Thread

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Another Federer vs. Nadal final. Looks like the GOAT has regained some of his mojo, should be a classic.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    WIMBLEDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadal has no chance, right???????
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm pulling for Nadal.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Venus Williams looked great (Tennis Wise) yesterday. This is her turf, she has a very good chance of dominating this weakened Women Draw.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I'm pulling for Nadal.

He played well yesterday. I personally would like to see Federer have one more shot at it. Also rooting for my boy, Tsonga. Dude need to keep the Mental side of his game in check, the talent is there. Wont mind Murray winning either, the Pressure on the dude is freaking insane. Would be nice to see him get this monkey off his back. That ? used to ? with Henman.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    He played well yesterday. I personally would like to see Federer have one more shot at it. Also rooting for my boy, Tsonga. Dude need to keep the Mental side of his game in check, the talent is there. Wont mind Murray winning either, the Pressure on the dude is freaking insane. Would be nice to see him get this monkey off his back. That ? used to ? with Henman.

It did, 01' was Henman's best chance to win, but a wild card named Goran Ivanisevic wanted to win it more.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mens wise any of the top four can win it this year. I really want Murray to finally get his first Grand Slam but I've always thought he'd eventually win the Australian or US Open first, plus is he mentally strong enough to go against the top three in a Grand Slam final yet? There's that, and Wimbledon and the British media is way too much pressure. If I had to choose then it would be Nadal.

Womens wise... Serena to pull a shocker? Or Venus? Dunno. Sharapova's finding her form. Azarenka? Li?.. I'll get back to you on that.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Down goes Samantha Stosur. A bit stunned by that upset.

Nice to see Serena back. If she can get back into form as the tournament goes on, Watch-out.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jelena Jankovic went out first round earlier today. Was surprised by that.

Watching Isner vs Mahut now. This match will never be as epic as the first one last year.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Roddick Choke Alert. I cant believe this mfer is going to go out like this.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Andy Roddick is done. As much as I like Andy Murray watching him completely destroy Roddick at Queens was just sad. Roddick seems like a nice guy, injury has ? him up though.

On another note well done to Laura Robson earlier. People thought Sharapova would just walk all over her but she more than held her own. Came close to taking the first set. Her and Heather Watson, ones to watch for the future.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Andy Roddick is done. As much as I like Andy Murray watching him completely destroy Roddick at Queens was just sad. Roddick seems like a nice guy, injury has ? him up though.

On another note well done to Laura Robson earlier. People thought Sharapova would just walk all over her but she more than held her own. Came close to taking the first set. Her and Heather Watson, ones to watch for the future.

The girl is going to be a bad-ass soon. So much power behind her game.

PS, is it me or has Sharapova gotten louder.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The girl is going to be a bad-ass soon. So much power behind her game.

PS, is it me or has Sharapova gotten louder.
    Yea, it does seem like she has. Azarenka really SHRIEKS doesn't she?
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea, it does seem like she has. Azarenka really SHRIEKS doesn't she?

LOL, leave my girl alone. She needs all the help she can get to put together a nice run. She is the female Tsonga, the talent is there, it is all Mental. Once she starts dominating, she will reduce the ? shrieking.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tsonga just served an ace on Gonzo, a sick power flat slice behemoth 125 mph
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Federer's looking class as always... I can't see anything other than a Nadal v Federer final, despite as much as I'd want to see Murray do well

And Laura Robson played amazingly in that first set against Sharapova... I thought it'd be way more one sided than that
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Down goes Gael Monfils. I am done with this dude, doubt he can live up to his talent. Come on Tsonga!!!!!!!

Surprised by Soderling getting bounced. Thought dude had a chance to make it far again.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Down goes Gael Monfils. I am done with this dude, doubt he can live up to his talent. Come on Tsonga!!!!!!!

Surprised by Soderling getting bounced. Thought dude had a chance to make it far again.

Damn it Monfils! Him and Tsonga are beasts when they are on their game. I try to model my tennis after watching them because both have powerful serves and forehands. I liked the fact that Tsonga was chipping and charging to Gonzo's backhand... yea, Tsonga won in straights.

Soderling losing early is indeed a suprise, seeing as he goes deep in every slam. Bernard Tomic is not joke, dude had stellar junior career and when he decides to not have a third serve as a first serve, then he will be a factor
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Berdych vs Fish
    Nadal vs Del Potro
    Murray vs Gasquet
    Tsonga vs Ferrer
    Federer vs Youhzny
    Tomic vs Malisse
    Llodra vs Djokovic

Next round matches, my picks are the bolded. I have a mild upset being Tomic over Malisse, Tomic winning in 4
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Berdych vs Fish
    Nadal vs Del Potro
    Murray vs Gasquet
    Tsonga vs Ferrer
    Federer vs Youhzny
    Tomic vs Malisse
    Llodra vs Djokovic

Next round matches, my picks are the bolded. I have a mild upset being Tomic over Malisse, Tomic winning in 4

I think i am in agreement with your picks. Although if Nadal's leg keeps giving him problems, a Del Potro upset is not out of the question.

Tomic is an interesting one. Dude is a cocky Mfer, but seems to have the goods.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think i am in agreement with your picks. Although if Nadal's leg keeps giving him problems, a Del Potro upset is not out of the question.

Tomic is an interesting one. Dude is a cocky Mfer, but seems to have the goods.

If Tomic gets past Malisse, he plays Djokovic.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tomic marches on.......

Serena in trouble, down a set.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    serena gone, and so is my babygirl caroline wozniacki

nadal gonna have some trouble with del potro...i see that being a close 4 set match, nadal winning
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    oh and yeah i've got my eyes on sabine lisicki...shes fiiiiine as hell forreal lol
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    serena gone, and so is my babygirl caroline wozniacki

And now Venus is gone.