The Official ATP/WTA Tennis Thread

Options

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    is this it for the williams sisters?? i mean not saying they wont win a major or 2...but their dominace might be coming to an end
  • dbrazil412
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nadal got the trainer over...looks like a problem with his foot/heel

this is not good..
  • dbrazil412
    edited June 2011
    Options
    federer down a couple set points in this 1st set breaker....with that being said. youzhny takes the 1st set 7-6(5)
  • dbrazil412
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nadal takes the 1st set tiebreak, after injuring his foot. del potro is a lil upset though and i'm guessing he's bouta step his game up. wouldnt be surprised to see him win this 2nd set
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn, lots of upsets so far, and we are just half way through the day.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shout out to Mardy Fish for being our only representative left. Damn we are ? once the William Sisters stop playing. No bright stars in the horizon for both Males and Females.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn my upset pick held. Tomic took care of the vet Malisse in straights damn.

Yeah, American tennis is going to plummet when Williams sisters/Roddick retire smh
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tomic is equally warm about Djokovic. "He's a cool guy - one of the nicest on the Tour. I think he has a respect for me, but I've got a much bigger respect for him obviously. I've hit with him at least a dozen times. I think he likes having me around. We played a set before the tournament. He destroyed me! Hopefully that was then and not in the quarter-final.

"Even when I practise against him I can't execute my shots because he's got one of the best returns in the world. He has an unbelievable backhand. But if I can execute my shots, and he doesn't return as good - which could be impossible, because his return is unbelievable - then maybe I'll have a chance."
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nadal vs Fish
    Murray vs Lopez
    Tsonga vs Federer
    Tomic vs Djokovic

- Two upset picks for me: Fish over Nadal in 4, and Tsonga over Federer in 5
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    oh and yeah i've got my eyes on sabine lisicki...shes fiiiiine as hell forreal lol

Your girl is into the Semis. She is playing some nice Tennis. Looks wise, i am not there yet, but she is growing on me.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tsonga's one game away from beating Federer!
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Federer gets clapped as I type this lol
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tsonga's just ? beaten him!
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *Coach Cochran voice* yeah yeah YEEAHH!
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn, that was weird for me. 2 of my Fav players, was not sure which one to root for. Happy for Tsonga though, the talent is there, its all in his head.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nadal vs Fish
    Murray vs Lopez
    Tsonga vs Federer
    Tomic vs Djokovic

- Two upset picks for me: Fish over Nadal in 4, and Tsonga over Federer in 5

Nice call on the Federer upset. Wish u got the Nadal one right too.
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tsonga beat Nadal at Queens and now Federer at Wimbledon (which I didn't expect)... damn. I dunno if he'll beat Djokovic but I want him too.

Murray has a chance against Nadal... but the latter hasn't lost since the 08 final I think it was. I hope he can do it though
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Nice call on the Federer upset. Wish u got the Nadal one right too.

Can't get em all right. I watched that Nadal fish match... Fish's backhand made me cringe. His serve was on point, should've kept going to that power slice serve on the deuce side and a straight flat on the ad to make nadal hit backhands... he took a set off him at least. Roddick, Fish, Querrey, and Isner need to do something at the Open
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can't get em all right. I watched that Nadal fish match... Fish's backhand made me cringe. His serve was on point, should've kept going to that power slice serve on the deuce side and a straight flat on the ad to make nadal hit backhands... he took a set off him at least. Roddick, Fish, Querrey, and Isner need to do something at the Open

Dont hold your breath, US tennis is in shambles.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ladies' Singles - Semifinals

Victoria Azarenka(BLR) [4] vs. Petra Kvitova(CZE)[8]

Maria Sharapova
    (RUS)[5] vs. Sabine Lisicki(GER)

Rolling with the favs. Want my girl Azarenka to finally put it together. She is the female Tsongo, so much talent, it is all Mental.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No lie, I played a match at the club Azarenka practices at here in Scottsdale AZ this one time... I kept shanking ? into her court and she got all ? off, cursed my ass out in Belarussian. Proudest day of my life
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No lie, I played a match at the club Azarenka practices at here in Scottsdale AZ this one time... I kept shanking ? into her court and she got all ? off, cursed my ass out in Belarussian. Proudest day of my life

Her grunting is beyond annoying. I'm glad you ? her off.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options

3089zix.gif

• toheeb27
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Azarenka lets me down again. This was her best chance too. Oh Well, looks like the Final is Sharapova's to lose.
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gentlemen's Singles - Semifinals
    Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)[12] vs. Novak Djokovic(SRB)[2]

Rafael Nadal(ESP) [1] vs. Andy Murray(GBR)[4]

Picking underdogs in both matches. WOuld love to see Murray get the monkey off his back. Tsonga is my 2nd fav tennis player, so obviously......