What are your hip hop new years resolutions?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited June 2011 in The Reason
What are things you wanna see changed in hip hop in 2010?

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Expand my musical diversity.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To not just write off an artists by what other people say or what sub category of hip hop people place them.

dont get me wrong i dont just follow blindly what people say... But chances are if a rapper is coming out of the south and you tell me his first hit had Gucci on it, chances are i'm not giving dude the time of day

and listen to more new cats.... Wale, BLu, J Cole, J Elect etc
  • 5th Letter
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To listen to more stuff I usually wouldn't check for.
  • MarathonMan329
    MarathonMan329 Members Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to listen to rappers that do it for the love and give us that real instead of the ones just chasing that dolla bill...ahhh that rhymed i should make an album...lol
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to actually appreciate the music and leave the personalities out of my judgement
  • prodphetic
    prodphetic Members Posts: 55
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. try and get more into MC's catalogs whose music i'm only familiar with or have admired.

2. Quality over Quantity ! Some kind of standard at least for what is good music. Some type of competition, contest or olympics to show whose best.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Here it is. For all stans, haters, fans, groupies, people who think he's ok, people who think he's a racist.

If you start a thread with the same old topics that we've been discussing for the last few years it will be merged into this discussion thread

Jayz, Nas, Tupac vs Biggie discussion threads will follow.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm Black, he's okay, and no he's not one of the GOATS imo.
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm black. And yes, Em is one of the GOATS.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    U should have a Middle Choice
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2010
    Options
    theres no doubt about it he a goat... any1 who say no prolly jus hates white rappers... yea he do sum crazy ? but thats em thats sum ? NOONE else does... aint hiphop about creativity???? soo yeah he one of the greatest top 5 dead or alive...
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he good but needs to put in more work
    dude can hold his own against 95% of Hip Hop and any black rapper
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm black. While his technical abilities are there I can't name him one of the GOAT's. To ME his catalog is sketchy, he relies too much on shock and awe, his off the wall content outweighs his more real and personal content so that takes his replay value down. He has one of the best flows but people get caught up in it and don't realize more often than not, he's not actually saying anything. So uh....No, to ME he's not one of the GOAT's.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hell NO!

Claiming he's a GOAT is an insult to hip hop.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There really is no middle ground though either you think he is amongst the greats or you do not.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Em is not a GOAT he's just above average
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There really is no middle ground though either you think he is amongst the greats or you do not.

If you look at your choices though, it says "he is the greatest" and "dude makes hip hop look bad."

Some people think he's one of the greatest, not necessarily the greatest. Based on your choices, it makes it seem like people have to love him or hate him. There should be a middle ground.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you look at your choices though, it says "he is the greatest" and "dude makes hip hop look bad."

Some people think he's one of the greatest, not necessarily the greatest. Based on your choices, it makes it seem like people have to love him or hate him. There should be a middle ground.
    Nope seriousy as I said you either think he is one of the greatest or you do not anyone who reads the initial post can get the gist of it. I mean in the same conversation someone can say that Michael Jordan is the greatest and Magic Johnson is the greatest and Dr. Jay is the greatest at different points it does not take away form any of the others it is just common speach function and phrasing. The bad look for HipHop point is because in general most who do not feel he is amongst the greats feel he can be a bad look or a misrepresentation for Hiphop which is part or most of why they do not like him. If we are getting to Literal there would be Only one GOAT but we HipHop heads tend to generalize the term as being great....
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nope seriousy as I said you either think he is one of the greatest or you do not anyone who reads the initial post can get the gist of it. I mean in the same conversation someone cane say that Michael Jorden is the greatest and Magic johnson is the greatest and Dr. jay is the greatest at different points it does not take away form any of the other it is just common speach function and phrasing. The bad look for HipHop point is because in general most who do not feel he is amongst the greats feel he can be a bad look or a misrepresentation for Hiphop which is part or most of why they do not like him.

in general most ppl know he's not among the greats
    he's at the same status as Weezy or Kanye
    he still has work to put in in order to be considered great
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah the poll could have been structured better. You can feel that he's not the GOAT without also thinking he's making Hip Hop look bad.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im black and i think em is a good rapper....above average but he's not a goat...but i dont hate dude at all
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    When are these Eminiem and Jay Z threads are going to stop :( Im over it.
    Thanks management.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Nah the poll could have been structured better. You can feel that he's not the GOAT without also thinking he's making Hip Hop look bad.
    I will Concede I should have probably worded it as " Naw I am Whatever and cannot relate to dude Like that" but the point was moreso to get the racial defense lines clear as most of those that so vehemently defend Eminem as the greatest are either White, Wannabe White, mentally unstable, out of touch with the urban community or a mix of the preceding.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm black . Ion give a ? about your opinion . I think he's one of the Greatest .
  • 5th Letter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He is a talented artist and based on his body of work I cant say he is one of the goats.