What are your hip hop new years resolutions?

Options

Comments

• Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »
    Looks like the majority of eminem fans who think he's the GOAT are minorities...

It's good that some people on this site aren't stuck on color, and can recognize the talent/art for what it is, unlike the wannabe Black Panthers/militants in this thread.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's good that some people on this site aren't stuck on color, and can recognize the talent/art for what it is, unlike the wannabe Black Panthers/militants in this thread.
    ? agreeing with racists gotta Love Hypocrisy. Now if a person of Color does not Like eminem it is because he a Militant? Being a black panther is a bad thing now? Wow you sellouts really are on some other ? ...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? agreeing with racists gotta Love Hypocrisy. Now if a person of Color does not Like eminem it is because he a Militant? Being a black panther is a bad thing now? Wow you sellouts really are on some other ? ...

I didnt Understand how it was about color...........People DOnt like Em Then they jsu t dont Liek him..........its Not that Serious
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    I didnt Understand how it was about color...........People DOnt like Em Then they jsu t dont Liek him..........its Not that Serious
    What Blows this further out the water I I have all Of La Coka Nostra's ? , Because I think Ill Bill and Slaine have skills with out being retards, I also Like Ra the Rugged. For me It is not about Color for the reasons why I do not like Eminem but for a lot of his strongest supporters it is all about color being they are either White or wish they were...
  • Question Authority
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, I think it's the opposite. For Em's biggest haters, it's all about color...they either wish he wasn't white, or wish their favorite black rappers were as talented and successful as him.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, I think it's the opposite. For Em's biggest haters, it's all about color...they either wish he wasn't white, or wish their favorite black rappers were as talented and successful as him.

Smh............let it go Homie, its Tired already
  • Question Authority
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Smh............let it go Homie, its Tired already

Let what go? You can't tell me that some ? on this site aren't bitter because Em is white and successful...
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Let what go? You can't tell me that some ? on this site aren't bitter because Em is white and successful...

NO.........this ? is all In ya'll head
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited February 2010
    Options

funny how you say this when this entire thread is about color/race....how ironic.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Em is one of the greatest. No one puts words to get together like duke, man. Unless it was 88' Kane, or '89, G-Rap.
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm Latino, he is not THE GOAT, but he is one of the greats to do it. at the very least top 20 rappers to ever rap.
  • The_wraith
    The_wraith Members Posts: 391
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Man ? that poll

if eminem was black

he wouldn't be recognized as such

nothing more nothing less
  • Question Authority
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The_wraith wrote: »
    Man ? that poll

if eminem was black

he wouldn't be recognized as such

nothing more nothing less

Just outta curiosity....are you black?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited February 2010
    Options

aint they tho...,,these oreoz act like that redneck feminem is da VICTIM off RACISM they act like this shady ? aint gotta racist bone n his body da coonin is scary 2 c on herr itz gettin 2 da point wherr u cant even trust ya own kind,,...cuz now itz kool fa redneckz like feminem 2 ? on black people on RECORD RAPPIN & still keep his rap pass these coonz is praisin this redneck like hez type of rap gaawd who cant b touch da ? is stupid!! smh
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Some of you kats are funny as ? with your mentalities about Eminem...
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't give a ? what color he is, if the boy got skills he got skills, y'all sit here and say this dumb ? because he's white, so is it acceptable for ? black rappers like Gucci? Pound for pound Eminem is one of the dopest to ever touch a mic period, and he's in my top 5.

There's never been this, much of a menace in this game as this
    And it's the, most sinister duo in the business
    Once again its the, illest and realest killas
    The most villainous Dre protege, Shady apprentice
    Drop them zeros and get with these heroes
    Do you want losers or winners, This music is in us, and it's
    Not over 'till we say it's finished and G-Unit spinners
    Will keep spinnin', this is Hip Hop when it's in it's
    Truest form, the greatest, Hate us or love us
    Make voodoo dolls of us and keep stickin' those pins in us
    Thick as his skin is or as short as his wick is
    The trick is to be able to walk big as his ? is
    And as sick as his music is, or was, still is
    Whatever, forever, he will be the illest
    To ever sh-shock the world, what to do next
    He's already reconciled with his ex [reversed], a chainsaw and an axe
    Jump a ? 's desk, strangle her neck
    While we have sex while Bill Clinton plays the sax
    I sprays the vex, yeah bring Shady on back
    The maniac of rap, devil baby on ?
    Resurrect, I never left, baby I'm bad
    I've gone mad, my comrade Dre-zy automatically
    He says I'm too broke to fix, way beyond that
    I may be off drugs, but it's made me off track
    In fact, this right here very well could be the last rap
    I ever do spit, I'll never do ? , that's that
    ? it I quit, suck on a ? , ?
    I'm done with this wack ass rap, kiss my black ass!

I probably got a screw loose or two, or maybe three or four of 'em
    Some fell out and hit the floor
    All I know is ever since my ? ' head hit the snowbank
    I been a little Neanderthalish, no thanks to my man D'Angelo Bailey
    But I just take it slow daily, my biggest dilemma's
    Tryin' to figure whether to use the flat head or the Phillips
    Or just go to the Home Depot and pick the new power drill up
    Gives me two hours and six days and I'm still up
    I feel like I'm about to snap any minute
    There's a new Tower Records about to stop and get a fill-up
    Pick the new Cypress Hill up
    And go find who did that ? to Xzibit
    And go fill up a whole liquor bottle with ?
    And shatter his ? lips wit' it

When I go out, I'ma go out shootin
    I don't mean when I die, I mean when I go out to the club, stupid
    I'm tryin to clear up my ? ' image,
    so I promised the ? critics
    I wouldn't say "? " for six minutes
    (*click* Six minutes, Slim Shady, you're on)
    My baby's mom, ? made me an angry blonde
    So I made me a song, killed her and put Hailie on
    I may be wrong, I keep thinkin these crazy thoughts
    in my cranium, but I'm stuck with a crazy mom
    ("Is she really on as much dope as you say she's on?")
    Came home, and somebody musta broke in the back window
    and stole two loaded machine guns and both of my trenchcoats
    Sick sick dreams of picnic scenes, two kids, sixteen
    with M-16's and ten clips each
    And them ? reach through six kids each
    And Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?
    ? THAT! PBBT! You ? can vanish to volcanic ash
    and re-appear in hell with a can of gas, AND a match
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2010
    Options

My favorite black rappers are more talented. One of the men's style who influenced him has one of the most successful catalogs of all-time and that would be Masta Ace. He never had a weak album and has two underground classics with Disposable Arts and A Long Hot Summer. Royce da 5'9 IMO is better than Eminem and much more of a better artist. Build and Destroy and so was Death is Certain. Nas is not my favorite, but he's better than Eminem as far as straight lyrical and topical complexity in songs and has 2 classics (sorry, Stillmatic wasn't classic, but It Was Written Was). Talib Kweli and Mos Def are both better emcees than Eminem. This has nothing to do with color at all, Em to me has been too much of a gimmick over the years and it's been pointless and unfocused creativity. He hasn't had anything good since The Eminem Show. Thus, I can't roll with him being the best at anything.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Em is Top 20, not more, nothing less but due to his Impact and Success they will try and bump him to Top 10. GOAT? NEVER. Eminem doesn't have albums seeing these 5 rappers:

Tupac - Me against the World
    Biggie - Ready To Die
    Rakim - Follow the Leader
    NaS - ILLmatic
    Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Eminem's Best album "Marshal Matters LP" fails in comparsion to the REAL GOATS. But give the boy credit, he has spit so much fire, if you are a fan of rap I don't see how you can hate on Eminem. Yes he's overrated by White America but that's not reason to deny his skills, the boy is Sick. I have him Top 15 on my personal list but he's not a Top 10 rapper, LOL @ Top 5 like I keep reading from some. Eminem can never be top 5 cause again he never dropped albums better than the others listed ahead of him.
  • Question Authority
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My favorite black rappers are more talented. One of the men's style who influenced him has one of the most successful catalogs of all-time and that would be Masta Ace. He never had a weak album and has two underground classics with Disposable Arts and A Long Hot Summer. Royce da 5'9 IMO is better than Eminem and much more of a better artist. Build and Destroy and so was Death is Certain. Nas is not my favorite, but he's better than Eminem as far as straight lyrical and topical complexity in songs and has 2 classics (sorry, Stillmatic wasn't classic, but It Was Written Was). Talib Kweli and Mos Def are both better emcees than Eminem. This has nothing to do with color at all, Em to me has been too much of a gimmick over the years and it's been pointless and unfocused creativity. He hasn't had anything good since The Eminem Show. Thus, I can't roll with him being the best at anything.

Then you're what most of us Em fans will call the "exception." And Em is arguably better than each of those rappers you listed, though a case can be made otherwise. So I'm not mad. Personally, I think Royce is the only rapper that comes close to seeing Em. But that's just me.
  • Capo1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Em is Top 20, not more, nothing less but due to his Impact and Success they will try and bump him to Top 10. GOAT? NEVER. Eminem doesn't have albums seeing these 5 rappers:

Tupac - Me against the World
    Biggie - Ready To Die
    Rakim - Follow the Leader
    NaS - ILLmatic
    Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Eminem's Best album "Marshal Matters LP" fails in comparsion to the REAL GOATS. But give the boy credit, he has spit so much fire, if you are a fan of rap I don't see how you can hate on Eminem. Yes he's overrated by White America but that's not reason to deny his skills, the boy is Sick. I have him Top 15 on my personal list but he's not a Top 10 rapper, LOL @ Top 5 like I keep reading from some. Eminem can never be top 5 cause again he never dropped albums better than the others listed ahead of him.

Im not disagreeing with what you said, just your reasoning. If Rapper A has the greastest rap album ever, but the rest of his catalogue consists of 4 average albums and rapper B has 5 good-great albums but not one album as good as Rapper A's best, are you saying rapper B could never be as great as rapper A?

You may think eminem is not deserving of top 5 status, but not because he hasnt made an album as good as Reasonable doubt. A rappers catalogues consists of more than 1 album ya know...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »
    Im not disagreeing with what you said, just your reasoning. If Rapper A has the greastest rap album ever, but the rest of his catalogue consists of 4 average albums and rapper B has 5 good-great albums but not one album as good as Rapper A's best, are you saying rapper B could never be as great as rapper A?

You may think eminem is not deserving of top 5 status, but not because he hasnt made an album as good as Reasonable doubt. A rappers catalogues consists of more than 1 album ya know...

To me the only thing that hurts Slim's Top 10/Top 5 status is his catalog. Obviously his skills are there. Flow wise he's amazing. Biggie has the GOAT Flow but can you deny Slim's flow? it's sick. Lyrically obviously he gets it done as his multi and bar strucutres are amazing. Subject Matter is verstile though he always go for "Shock Value". Like I said, most people GOAT list revolves around certain rappers. Pac, Big, Jay, NaS and Rakim names will always be ahead of Eminem to me. Those 5 rappers status, success and impact and material just put them above Eminem to me. Yes he will be the highest selling rapper ever but we all know that's mostly White America eating up every word he says. Eminem sales shouldn't be half of what they are but that doesn't matter cause his sales are his sales. My only point is the quality of his albums just don't measure up to GOATS. He has a solid catalog no doubt. I'd agrue that both "SSLP and MMLP" are Classic albums with "TES" being a solid 4-4.5 Mic album. "Encore" obviously was trash and "Relapase" was a great comeback record that's 3.5-4 Mics at best but almost a year later, I barely listen to it, it has no replay value like a lot of Eminem matieral. Again because we are a Majority White country, I'm not shocked Eminem is breaking all the sales records but that doesn't mean he's Top 10. Serioulsy is Eminem's best album seeing Biggie's Best? or Pac's Best? NaS's or Jay's Best? get my point. He's a great artist in Hip Hop History, nobody can deny that but he's not Top 5, sorry. Top 10 is a stretch.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To me the only thing that hurts Slim's Top 10/Top 5 status is his catalog. Obviously his skills are there. Flow wise he's amazing. Biggie has the GOAT Flow but can you deny Slim's flow? it's sick. Lyrically obviously he gets it done as his multi and bar strucutres are amazing. Subject Matter is verstile though he always go for "Shock Value". Like I said, most people GOAT list revolves around certain rappers. Pac, Big, Jay, NaS and Rakim names will always be ahead of Eminem to me. Those 5 rappers status, success and impact and material just put them above Eminem to me. Yes he will be the highest selling rapper ever but we all know that's mostly White America eating up every word he says. Eminem sales shouldn't be half of what they are but that doesn't matter cause his sales are his sales. My only point is the quality of his albums just don't measure up to GOATS. He has a solid catalog no doubt. I'd agrue that both "SSLP and MMLP" are Classic albums with "TES" being a solid 4-4.5 Mic album. "Encore" obviously was trash and "Relapase" was a great comeback record that's 3.5-4 Mics at best but almost a year later, I barely listen to it, it has no replay value like a lot of Eminem matieral. Again because we are a Majority White country, I'm not shocked Eminem is breaking all the sales records but that doesn't mean he's Top 10. Serioulsy is Eminem's best album seeing Biggie's Best? or Pac's Best? NaS's or Jay's Best? get my point. He's a great artist in Hip Hop History, nobody can deny that but he's not Top 5, sorry. Top 10 is a stretch.

I think this is the first time I cosigned one of your posts. Esp the bolded.
  • BigMonty
    BigMonty Members Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A goat, probably but therez a long line ahead oh him
  • Capo1
    edited February 2010
    Options

@ bolded: You really think EVERY eminem song is for shock value? Have you actually listened to an eminem album?