Was Jesus referring to Yahweh/Jehovah or someone else???

Options

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    2 Corinthians 11:14
    And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://xeeatwelve.com/articles/is_bible_devils_tool.html

Is the Bible really the word of ? ? If your answer is "yes", then is it a perfect rendition of ? 's word containing no errors whatsoever? In other words, is the Bible infallible?

The doctrine of infallibility has been adopted at times by the Catholic Church, such as when it mandates that the pope is infallible. Anyone who has some understanding of human nature knows that there is not one human who is infallible. Yet, the doctrine stands.

There are those who declare that the Bible is the word of ? . Anyone who disagrees with them can expect to be ridiculed, attacked and perhaps be referred to as an agent of Satan. The problem is that people have been so brainwashed by the ruling elite that they will parrot defence of the Bible, regardless of the amount of evidence proving that it is not ? 's word.

It would assist those trying to make sense of the Bible to consider that there are two voices in the Bible - the Voice of the ? of the True Light, the Divine Being of Purity - and the Voice of Darkness. When Darkness speaks, It masquerades as the True Light, which has confounded many readers. When one reads the extant Bible with this understanding, many of the inconsistencies and contradictions dissipate.

Some contradictions in the Bible occur because the two voices are in opposition and are clashing. Other times Darkness has inadvertently placed contradictions into the book - or has intentionally inserted them to cause confusion and unrest.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The two creation accounts of Genesis...

In Genesis 1:1-2:13 ? aka Elohim speaks the world into existence and creates male and female.

Generations later in Genesis 2:4-3.5 Lord ? aka Yahweh Elohim forms Adam & Eve and the world out of material. Lord ? also did not want Adam & Eve to have knowledge of good or evil.. A lion has no knowledge of good or evil. hmmm
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    2 Corinthians 11:14
    And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

51nPZL9IlEL._SS500_.jpg
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A few reviews of the "Jehovah Unmasked" book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mask Is OFF!, January 7, 2006
    By Heather Lovely "Hugs!" (USA) - See all my reviews
    This review is from: Jehovah Unmasked! (Paperback)

The Mask is off, and who would have thought Satan would be smirking under there? Sound outrageous? When you read this important book and sort things out, it really makes sense. Why would a loving father play mind games, setting traps and making threats in a "Garden of Eden?" It never made sense. I can clearly remember learning the story at a young age and being dubious about this "? ." If he didn't want them to eat of the tree, then why was it there? If ? was all powerful and loving, why would he not have just concealed the tree altogether so as to avert harm to his children, whom he loves? My own father wouldn't have played such psychological games with me, so why would I trust an invisible, frightening, violent, judgemental Daddy-in-the sky, who would? A Father does not loom and spy, waiting for his child to err.

This book is well researched and clearly illustrates the farce of mistranslation and lies the Old Testament really is. Those who seek the truth, who want the facts, and who hold these efforts as more important than blind faith, will find in the pages of Jehovah Unmasked compelling evidence that ? isn't who we thought he was. Those who think for themselves can't help resonate with what the author is pointing out in the pages of this important work.

Does Jesus' message, and the suppressed teachings of his closest disciples, his mother, and of his spiritual wife, Mary Magdalene, have anything in the world to do with the crazed killing machine of the Old Testament? I think not. Read the book, Christians, and come to the ultimate conclusion that it might be far wiser to conduct yourself as a christian than to simply claim you are one. If you really beleive that Jesus' "father" is the dark force of hatred and war in the Old Testament, there is absolutely no hope for us. If you read this book, maybe you'll change your mind, and your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's ? with a small "g" for "genocide", February 10, 2006
    By Sophie's Voice (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
    I just finished reading the book Jehovah Unmasked, and I have to say, the pieces of the puzzle are now all in place, and as I survey this picture, my concern for the future of humanity deepens. It is bone chilling to see how the masses have been duped to support the aspirations of pure evil. The hoax that has been perpetrated here leaves me with conflicted feelings. On the one hand, I feel sorry for those who have been tricked into thinking their way is right, and on the other, I'm furious at the brazen arrogance of the followers who've marched into the rest of the world, as missionaries, the word of this maniac ? on their lips. Thanks to them, the poison has spread, uncontained, for centuries now, and the killing, brainwashing, and culture robbing in the name of Jehovah knows no limit.
    Nothing in this book surprised me, though I did have goosebumps most of the time I was reading it. The scholarship and questions raised by the author did impress me, however. In a clear and logical process, the author poses many important questions about the inconsistencies in the voices of ? from both the Old and New Testaments, showing that they are not the same Father. This I knew. Baby brains on the wall was never what Jesus was about, and some people can't be fooled, I suppose. One is the Father of Infinite Love, and one is an insidious trickster, building an empire. Sad to say, but looking at most of today's adherents of christianity, looks like evil might be winning. Seems people prefer the drama of war and justified genocide to the true teachings of our True Father. <sigh>
    I am recommending this book to everyone I know. It should be disseminated by the millions. It should also be noted that whether the author intended it or not, the material will be widely appreciated by the feminist commnunity and used as a source for many a college paper in this capacity!
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You should probably read those books yourself instead of just reviews..... BTW a book that is self published does not hold the same weight as work that has been edited by a publishing house.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've already read the book including portions of the suppressed gnostic gospels... However I had already suspected the same idea before reading those books which sparked my interest into seeking them.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

3 points in the video i'd like to highlight:

1.) How are you going to point out the flaws in someone elses flaws when you have not addressed and transcended your lower self?

2.) She's not speaking about hebrew Israelites who have used to improve themselves and their environment. She makes it clear theres a difference between Hebrews.

3.) You can tell ones spiritual level by their works.

These 3 things go both ways and its funny that I be thinking the SAME things she was saying about all you "exposers" and 'debunkers" out there. like her, youre going by conflicts with personalities and people who dont even follow what they claim to believe. With this in your head, you dont objectively study- you just seek out materials that will only re-confirm your preconceived notions.

But:

1.) Who amongst you has transcended the lower self and can transmit clear counsel on how to duplicate this process in practical reality?

2.) What about the information presenting directly relates to improving yourself and your environment?

3.) What have you done with this information? Where are your good works?

Amongst all the little debates on here, i present these questions in different ways and it is ALLWAYS met with strawman respoonses.

When i produce the evidence of what my spiritual inclination can actualize it goes ignored by the naysayers. Why? Because they are not seeking truth. They just seek enough data to feel comfortable in their own lie of a life. they need an enemy to distract themselves from the enemy within. And its not particular to any specific belief either. i know hebrews, Muslims, Nuwabians, Egyptologists, Christians, buddhists and everything else in between that be on the same ? . Either yo bou the light or you not. You shouldn't need to criticize anything outside yourself to show and prove that. When you go out of your way to do so all you show and prove is weakness.
  • bambu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've already read the book including portions of the suppressed gnostic gospels... However I had already suspected the same idea before reading those books which sparked my interest into seeking them.

That's cool....just letting you know that self publishing is frowned upon by scholars. Particularly when the book is non-fiction and has not had to go through editing and peer reviews.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If an entire book is dedicated to being in opposition to something i feel sorry for you if you think it contains one iota of light. I used to be like that with all the conspiracy theory/illuminati books and films but I realized that ? wasnt helping me. at the end of the day, no matter what somebody has conspired to do, no matter what label you put on yourself- you the only person that gotta be in the skin you in and its YOUR decisions and actions that will make or break your life.

ill be glad when all this kiddie ? leaves this forum so i can discuss things like that with like minded individuals w/o regards for whatever the ? they label themselves as. humanity is in troube. all the muthafuckas got all these answers and explanation yet the WORLD KEEPS GETTING WORSE---at an exponential rate. im about building. ? need to study that and raise up to be gods.
  • bambu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    If an entire book is dedicated to being in opposition to something i feel sorry for you if you think it contains one iota of light. I used to be like that with all the conspiracy theory/illuminati books and films but I realized that ? wasnt helping me. at the end of the day, no matter what somebody has conspired to do, no matter what label you put on yourself- you the only person that gotta be in the skin you in and its YOUR decisions and actions that will make or break your life.

ill be glad when all this kiddie ? leaves this forum so i can discuss things like that with like minded individuals w/o regards for whatever the ? they label themselves as. humanity is in troube. all the muthafuckas got all these answers and explanation yet the WORLD KEEPS GETTING WORSE---at an exponential rate. im about building. ? need to study that and raise up to be gods.

I feel you brother.... but you must understand that unfortunately a lot of our brothers are still lost. It seems that most people in here have found some forms of truth, but more are still waking from their slumber. The problems occur when these half sleep individuals begin to profess truth. I think it is safe to say that attempting to "debunk" the bible is the first stage of searching for a higher understanding of the universe, but if a person gets stuck at this level it is also safe to say that they remain lost.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    That's cool....just letting you know that self publishing is frowned upon by scholars. Particularly when the book is non-fiction and has not had to go through editing and peer reviews.

yea it's all good... not trying to debunk the Bible but to seek the truth within the Bible that has been distorted by darkness. That's what that book and many others like it attempt to do and they use the Bible as a main source. People have suspected this and wrote many books on it since 2,000 years ago. The one I posted is not the first of it's kind, and other gospels tell a similar story. The book attempts to untangle what was done at events like the Council of Nicea.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    I feel you brother.... but you must understand that unfortunately a lot of our brothers are still lost. It seems that most people in here have found some forms of truth, but more are still waking from their slumber. The problems occur when these half sleep individuals begin to profess truth. I think it is safe to say that attempting to "debunk" the bible is the first stage of searching for a higher understanding of the universe, but if a person gets stuck at this level it is also safe to say that they remain lost.

exactly. since when can one on the novice level of mastery teach? with all this studying of ancient cultures you would be remiss to find any in which the students of esoterica can get this knowledge from a book and feel they are in the know. theres a whole process of isolation and discipline that one must pay to go to the higher realms of consciousness. thats the downside of the information age i guess. theres too much stuff out there that was simply never meant for the novice to attempt to digest. enlightenment is not microwaveable though. it requires an entire lifestyle. only then do you gain the credibility (starting with self) to go out on a mission to teach.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yea it's all good... not trying to debunk the Bible but to seek the truth within the Bible that has been distorted by darkness. That's what that book and many others like it attempt to do and they use the Bible as a main source. People have suspected this and wrote many books on it since 2,000 years ago. The one I posted is not the first of it's kind, and other gospels tell a similar story. The book attempts to untangle what was done at events like the Council of Nicea.

im going to try one last time to point something out to you and then i quit if its not received. until you learn hebrew and koine greek then maybe you should consider that that your biblical studies are incomplete before you go looking to sources external to the bible to inform you about it. you shoud especially do this before you go trying to inform others on things you have not been entirely informed about.

at least if you cant learn greek, get you a peshitta bible. its the most accurate translation youre going to find of the gospels. even still, all the gospels were written AFTER paul wrote his epistles. also, upon study the epistle of james (ya'cov) who actually walked and talked with yeshua (his brother) was against paul and his doctrine which you know to be as the new testament.

but thats all i have to say. ive done my job. when you must take account in your life for what you have said , done and proposed in your heart it will not be me who will reap what you have sown or vice versa. but im telling you- you should study more....
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    im going to try one last time to point something out to you and then i quit if its not received. until you learn hebrew and koine greek then maybe you should consider that that your biblical studies are incomplete before you go looking to sources external to the bible to inform you about it. you shoud especially do this before you go trying to inform others on things you have not been entirely informed about.

I am doing my research all the time... Also many others I know who are more researched than me hold what they have learned as a truth.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I am doing my research all the time...

ok. what does the word worship mean in hebrew? what does it mean in genesis when it is said- "male and female created he them"? what is the elohim and is the same thing as YHWH?
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    3 points in the video i'd like to highlight:

1.) How are you going to point out the flaws in someone elses flaws when you have not addressed and transcended your lower self?

2.) She's not speaking about hebrew Israelites who have used to improve themselves and their environment. She makes it clear theres a difference between Hebrews.

3.) You can tell ones spiritual level by their works.

These 3 things go both ways and its funny that I be thinking the SAME things she was saying about all you "exposers" and 'debunkers" out there. like her, youre going by conflicts with personalities and people who dont even follow what they claim to believe. With this in your head, you dont objectively study- you just seek out materials that will only re-confirm your preconceived notions.

But:

1.) Who amongst you has transcended the lower self and can transmit clear counsel on how to duplicate this process in practical reality?

2.) What about the information presenting directly relates to improving yourself and your environment?

Amongst all the little debates on here, i present these questions in different ways and it is ALLWAYS met with strawman respoonses.

When i produce the evidence of what my spiritual inclination can actualize it goes ignored by the naysayers. Why? Because they are not seeking truth. They just seek enough data to feel comfortable in their own lie of a life. they need an enemy to distract themselves from the enemy within. And its not particular to any specific belief either. i know hebrews, Muslims, Nuwabians, Egyptologists, Christians, buddhists and everything else in between that be on the same ? . Either yo bou the light or you not. You shouldn't need to criticize anything outside yourself to show and prove that. When you go out of your way to do so all you show and prove is weakness.

*** crickets chirping*** the silence speaks so loud.....
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Romans 8:15
    For ye have not received the spirit of ? again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Beings of Light will naturally be attracted to the True Light unless they are severely contaminated by Darkness. Beings from the Shoot of Darkness are naturally attracted to the False Light created by the Shoot of Darkness and will naturally be repulsed and threatened by the True Light. Further, True-Light beings can still be attracted to the False Light due to programming, illusions and pollution.

Although True-Light beings can be attracted to the False Light, they are not ultimately repulsed or threatened by True Light even though they might initially be a bit insecure towards It due to pollution and programming from Darkness. True-Light beings are in fact nurtured, strengthened and sustained by the True Light.

Beings of Darkness are attracted to the False Light and are nurtured by It, while beings of Light, even if they are being programmed to respond or be attracted to the False Light, are not nurtured by the False Light. Instead, they are being exploited by the False Light and become pockets of energy that nurture Darkness.

Beings of Darkness are not comfortable in the presence of True Light. They feel a sense of gloom and doom. They can never recognize nor accept the True Light and Its "Messengers". They can never truly feel at home nor can they truly be committed to the Work sponsored by the True Light. Such ones will always feel that they are still searching for their way home, even if they encounter True Light and Its Messengers. This is true since their real home goes back to the Shoot of Darkness and not to the Branch of Light or the Source.

On the other hand, beings of Light can never totally feel committed or comfortable with the False Light. The True-Light beings who are nourished by the True Light grow in Purity, while the False-Light beings who are nurtured by the False Light grow more and more evil. However, beings for either side will ultimately know which side they belong to.

The True Light carries an inner sound, an inner "vibration", a blueprint which the False Light cannot reproduce even though the False Light can imitate the appearance of the True Light. This is where the awakened beings of Light will be able to discriminate the True-Light beings from the False-Light beings AFTER the final stages of the separation of Light from Darkness commence. There is the Pulse, the inner Sound, the inner Vibration that individual beings of True Light can inwardly access to recognize the True Light.

The separation of the True Light and False Light is now in progress. This is manifesting on many levels and the operation is extremely complex and delicate. The entire Tree of Creation (the Expression) appears to be far gone, but some of It can still be retrieved. Therefore, the Tree can be saved with some delicate pruning. It is better to lose the offending part than to lose the entire Tree.

As beings of Light become more and more in tune with the True Light, they will become more and more vibrant, shining sparks of the True Light. Beings of Light and beings of Darkness will then become more and more intolerant and uncomfortable with one another. While this separation of the two Lights is in progress, True-Light beings and False-Light beings will both be undertaking their respective "metamorphoses".

There will be a "half-way house" for the viable True-Light beings when they are evacuated from this Evil Creation. True-Light beings who have been contaminated by Darkness will reside there until all the necessary "metamorphoses" are completed so that they can safely be re-assimilated into the Branch of Light. Thus, once again, they will be re-united with the Source and become an integral part of the True Creation.

It is then that True-Light beings will exist in the love, purity, timelessness, harmony, joy and beauty of the True Creation.
    As beings of the True Light become more and more detached from the beings of the False Light, they become more and more unified with the True Light. When this occurs they begin to notice the differences between themselves and the beings of Darkness (This will occur more on the subtle level and in their spiritual expression rather than in their physical appearance).
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *** crickets chirping*** the silence speaks so loud.....

reply on the youtube page or message her.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    reply on the youtube page or message her.

for what? i quoted you so apparently i was addressing you and people like you. As I asked:

• beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    for what? i quoted you so apparently i was addressing you and people like you. As I asked:

don't take that video personal cuz it wasn't directed at anyone in particular... i do many good works tho.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think my questions were pretty clear. thank you for not answering.

i'm already taken care of... thanks for asking tho.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i didnt ask whether you were taken care of or not. why are my questions so difficult to answer? you claim you are trying to enlighten. what could be more enlightening than the answers to those questions? now im confused.

I never claimed to be enlightening you... I am just posting information for anyone that might be interested. The questions you asked are not difficult to answer at all because i already do good works but don't need to boast about them here. Peace

For ye have not received the spirit of ? again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Beings of Light will naturally be attracted to the True Light unless they are severely contaminated by Darkness. Beings from the Shoot of Darkness are naturally attracted to the False Light created by the Shoot of Darkness and will naturally be repulsed and threatened by the True Light. Further, True-Light beings can still be attracted to the False Light due to programming, illusions and pollution.

Although True-Light beings can be attracted to the False Light, they are not ultimately repulsed or threatened by True Light even though they might initially be a bit insecure towards It due to pollution and programming from Darkness. True-Light beings are in fact nurtured, strengthened and sustained by the True Light.

Beings of Darkness are attracted to the False Light and are nurtured by It, while beings of Light, even if they are being programmed to respond or be attracted to the False Light, are not nurtured by the False Light. Instead, they are being exploited by the False Light and become pockets of energy that nurture Darkness.

Beings of Darkness are not comfortable in the presence of True Light. They feel a sense of gloom and doom. They can never recognize nor accept the True Light and Its "Messengers". They can never truly feel at home nor can they truly be committed to the Work sponsored by the True Light. Such ones will always feel that they are still searching for their way home, even if they encounter True Light and Its Messengers. This is true since their real home goes back to the Shoot of Darkness and not to the Branch of Light or the Source.

On the other hand, beings of Light can never totally feel committed or comfortable with the False Light. The True-Light beings who are nourished by the True Light grow in Purity, while the False-Light beings who are nurtured by the False Light grow more and more evil. However, beings for either side will ultimately know which side they belong to.

The True Light carries an inner sound, an inner "vibration", a blueprint which the False Light cannot reproduce even though the False Light can imitate the appearance of the True Light. This is where the awakened beings of Light will be able to discriminate the True-Light beings from the False-Light beings AFTER the final stages of the separation of Light from Darkness commence. There is the Pulse, the inner Sound, the inner Vibration that individual beings of True Light can inwardly access to recognize the True Light.

The separation of the True Light and False Light is now in progress. This is manifesting on many levels and the operation is extremely complex and delicate. The entire Tree of Creation (the Expression) appears to be far gone, but some of It can still be retrieved. Therefore, the Tree can be saved with some delicate pruning. It is better to lose the offending part than to lose the entire Tree.

As beings of Light become more and more in tune with the True Light, they will become more and more vibrant, shining sparks of the True Light. Beings of Light and beings of Darkness will then become more and more intolerant and uncomfortable with one another. While this separation of the two Lights is in progress, True-Light beings and False-Light beings will both be undertaking their respective "metamorphoses".

There will be a "half-way house" for the viable True-Light beings when they are evacuated from this Evil Creation. True-Light beings who have been contaminated by Darkness will reside there until all the necessary "metamorphoses" are completed so that they can safely be re-assimilated into the Branch of Light. Thus, once again, they will be re-united with the Source and become an integral part of the True Creation.

It is then that True-Light beings will exist in the love, purity, timelessness, harmony, joy and beauty of the True Creation.
    As beings of the True Light become more and more detached from the beings of the False Light, they become more and more unified with the True Light. When this occurs they begin to notice the differences between themselves and the beings of Darkness (This will occur more on the subtle level and in their spiritual expression rather than in their physical appearance).
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I never claimed to be enlightening you... I am just posting information for anyone that might be interested. The questions you asked are not difficult to answer at all because i already do good works but don't need to boast about them here. Peace

again...mentioning some mysterious good works does not answer my questions. why did you ignore the first two questions twice? maybe something is wrong with your browser. let me re-post:

• beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    5.0 out of 5 stars MAGIC!, February 4, 2006
    By James Paul "JP" (FLA) - See all my reviews
    I bought Jehovah Unmasked in November of 2005. I've been a student of the Bible and of Religion for my entire adult life, and this is by far the most unique, interesting, and revolutionary interpretation of the Bible I've ever read. A lot like the movie The Matrix, this one will leave your head spinning (in a good way) if (like me) you're a Bible believer.

The problem of evil had been a huge obstacle in my ability to fully and completely surrender to the Heavenly Father of Jesus Christ. Until I read Jehovah Unmasked. After reading Jehovah Unmasked the obstacle was completely gone, and I was at last able to completely surrender to my Abba, the Heavenly Father. I have never known such JOY in my whole LIFE!

I have met a lot of Christians who were equally disturbed by the actions of the Old testament ? 'Jehovah' but unlike me they were able to turn their brain off and just submit to the fiend. I wasn't. I'm glad I didn't submit because now I Know who I would have been submitting to. I have submitted to the Heavenly Father of Jesus Christ, the Father descibed in First Corinthians 13:4-8. 'Jehova' is NOT the Heavenly Father! If you're looking for inner peace and the Love of ? , this is the book you need.

The author, Nathaniel Merritt, has been very helpful to me. He put his email address on the inside cover of the book, and we've been emailing since November. I've learned even more through his help, and have grown even more spiritually. Thank you again Dr. Merritt, for leading me to the Truth. I now love ? because of your efforts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jehovah: The Emperor with No Clothes, July 24, 2008
    By Stephen C. Smith "truth-seeker" (Fort Payne, AL USA) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    In starting to write a review of Jehovah Unmasked, I find myself at a loss for words. In my own personal experience, there have been few if any books that have made as deep an impact on me as this one. I simply cannot adequately express how important this book can be not just for everyone's personal life, but how it has the power to truly transform this world into a place you wouldn't even recognize from today's spiritually jaded wasteland.

Through the plentiful use of quotations straight out of the Old and New Testament Bible, author Nathaniel Merritt unmistakably demonstrates that the Jehovah of the OT could not possibly be the same "Heavenly Father" that Jesus spoke of in the NT. The contrast is in fact so stark, that one has to stop and seriously ask why the Old Testament ? wasn't dethroned 2,000 years ago. This is clearly not the loving ? that millions of Christians THINK they worship today. He is nothing less than a raging, vindictive, bloodthirsty maniac who violates his own commandments on a regular basis. And yet millions of Christians continue to believe that this is the One True ? . The cognitive dissonance that resulted from this failure to recognize the obvious has probably caused more inner turmoil than any other single thing in history.

There are so many "gems" in this book, I cannot begin to number them all. But just to give you a clue as to what I'm referring to, I quote the following paragraph from page 111:

"Just as 'you are what you eat' so too 'you are what you worship.' Ideas have consequences. Ideas have psychological consequences, societal consequences, and spiritual consequences. If the ? you and your sect worship is a petty, angry, egotistical, mercurial, raging, murdering, irrational despot such as Jehovah, that is what you and the members of your sect will eventually become. If the ? you worship indulges in murderous fits of rage, so will you and the members of your sect. If the ? you worship shifts the blame for the woeful condition of the kosmos it fashioned onto your narrow shoulders, and tells you that you are born sinful, wicked, and fit only for hell-fire and damnation, your inner self will be fragmented and burdened with terrible guilt and self-loathing."

Contrary to what many people may believe upon reading this, Merritt is not exhorting his readers to become godless atheists. He is only revealing that the emperor ? Jehovah, who has held sway over mankind for thousands of years, has no clothes. He is a pathetic thing, frankly far more worthy of our derision than our respect, much less our adoration.

Merritt DOES give us an alternative, as did Jesus. However, this alternative of a truly loving, infinitely merciful ? , who only asked us not to sin, but didn't threaten us with eternal damnation if we occasionally slipped up, threatened the religious establishment. The early Gnostic Christians simply wanted to experience this perfect ? of Love personally, but the Church of Rome couldn't allow this. This was because they, quite simply, wouldn't be needed anymore as an intercessor between man and the wrathful, punitive Jehovah-? . The Church slyly offered Jesus as a "way out" of perdition, but only if you accepted the premise that you are a sinful creature, inevitably cursed by your blood descent from Adam, the original sinner who dared to try to find out what was good, and what was evil.

I could go on and on, but then I would be writing a book myself. Spare me the trouble and just buy this book and read it for yourself. If you read it with the intention of "disproving" the author's points, you will learn nothing. You will only be condemning yourself to the same-old doctrine-infested "old time religion".

Emerge from the Darkness and come out into the Light. The water's fine out here.