rap doctor wrote: »
    He tripping with that though

Canelo would ? Ortiz up

exactly canelo skill set seems to be waay better
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Carnelo is a much better boxer then Ortiz; though With Ortiz's power he has the ability to upset any boxer 140-154lbs he faces; everyone
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Good drop, E. I'll believe it when I see it though. He may tell Arum he wants Mayweather but Arum doesnt want Mayweather next and that is where the problem lies :td Hopefully Pacquiao demands Mayweather or he wont fight anyone :tu
    agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    He tripping with that though

Canelo would ? Ortiz up

C/S.............
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    Carnelo is a much better boxer then Ortiz; though With Ortiz's power he has the ability to upset any boxer 140-154lbs he faces; everyone

thats what im saying! i think ortiz will be at 154 eventually! 154 to 168 is turning into the hot divisions!
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    Pacquiao "I will tell Arum I want Mayweather next"... meeting set for tomorrow

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-ready-i-tell-arum-i-want-mayweather-next--48298

that's what i'm talking about "nut up" and speak ur mind opposite of your promoter.

well his detactors can't say he's afraid to take the test anymore....or he's not willing to abide by mayweather's demands...

*Arums negotations tactics not including in this*

"I've said this over and over before and I'm saying this again, I want Floyd Mayweather Jr. to be my next opponent
    and I haven't changed my choice despite recent developments," Pacquiao told the site.

"I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum on Tuesday and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the
    Preference than the four others in the list I will fight next. It's not really fare for some quarters to blame me if, in the
    long run, the fight wouldnt push through"

"laying on the table all the conditions we want, which, everybody knew already are simple. That I will abide by his demand for drug testing. I am even agreeable to get lesser purse just so the fight would push through. In other words, as far as my side is concerned, there will be no problem "

"We know, too, that Mayweather has no promoter. He negotiates by himself. So if the fight wont' be realized, it's no longer because of me"

Vader wrote: »
    you dont think canelo is better skill wise?

*thinks Canelo is better post*
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I may be in the minority, but I think Ortiz would KO Canelo if they fought *shrugs*
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I may be in the minority, but I think Ortiz would KO Canelo if they fought *shrugs*

Im with that.. and i said before Ortiz has 147-154 in his pocket.. just needs to keep his head right
  • ghost!
    edited January 2012
    Options

Really!!! this is interesting that some of you either think that less of Canelo or really still believe in Ortiz..idk

Ortiz mental is not there, and i can't put any backing (no brokeback) behind that. Too many times he has falter I dont think he has the mental compacy..i.e. how he was thru that whole Mayweather ish..."hbo 24" and the fight....

i would like to see them fight, but think Canel wins...more discipline fighter.
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Really!!! this is interesting that some of you either think that less of Canelo or really still believe in Ortiz..idk
    As much as Ortiz' mental problems come into play, the few times Canelo's chin was tested, he got hurt (Jose Cotto, Cintron). Cintron could have KO'd Canelo if he fought confidently and let his hands go. I just dont think Canelo will be able to stand up to Ortiz' power *shrugs* And yes, until Canelo actually fights someone who is some sort of threat to him, I will continue to think less of him. I like him as a fighter, dont get me wrong, but he hasnt really "impressed" me yet. Hell he was losing to Alfonso Gomez before the ? stoppage.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As much as Ortiz' mental problems come into play, the few times Canelo's chin was tested, he got hurt (Jose Cotto, Cintron). Cintron could have KO'd Canelo if he fought confidently and let his hands go. I just dont think Canelo will be able to stand up to Ortiz' power *shrugs* And yes, until Canelo actually fights someone who is some sort of threat to him, I will continue to think less of him. I like him as a fighter, dont get me wrong, but he hasnt really "impressed" me yet. Hell he was losing to Alfonso Gomez before the ? stoppage.
    Im with you here. I need him to step up his competion i like him but he has to "take the test"
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Source: Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero Almost Signed, Sealed..

http://thesweetscience.com/news/articles/13901-floyd-mayyweather-robert-guerrero-almost-signed-sealedmarkarian

If this has any bearing of truth in it, Pacquiao better get in touch with Floyd's camp personally.
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Pacquiao insists on Mayweather, but also says his promoter chooses his fights

^^^^ The bolded is why the fight wont happen

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11516.html?PHPSESSID=51f5c230c67a5f47dec4e5934216e822
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yo Wall, cut that ? out....he was not losing to no damn Gomez. ? wasnt competitive at all and Canelo played with him. Canelo still need some sharpening but by early next year (should be turning 23), he's going to be a monster

S/N i cant co sign this ? Guerrero fight. I have 0 interest in watching that ? and its a joke of a fight
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yo Wall, cut that ? out....he was not losing to no damn Gomez. ? wasnt competitive at all and Canelo played with him. Canelo still need some sharpening but by early next year (should be turning 23), he's going to be a monster
    Thats my opinion, fam. Canelo wasnt playing with Gomez. He was losing the fight to Gomez, period! lol
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    DWade back in here (first initial, last name, no groupie)

btw, knockout or not, Jermaine Taylor need to retire
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Source: Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero Almost Signed, Sealed..

http://thesweetscience.com/news/articles/13901-floyd-mayyweather-robert-guerrero-almost-signed-sealedmarkarian

If this has any bearing of truth in it, Pacquiao better get in touch with Floyd's camp personally.
    I seriously doubt Mayweather would fight Guerrero. In case this is true though, ? FLOYD, though I'll still be betting $ on him lol
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Pacquiao insists on Mayweather, but also says his promoter chooses his fights

^^^^ The bolded is why the fight wont happen

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11516.html?PHPSESSID=51f5c230c67a5f47dec4e5934216e822

i can hear larry merchent hating now!
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    looks like bute vs froch is locked for april
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    More Arum fuckery

PLASTIC SURGEON SAYS NO SPARRING FOR PACQUIAO UNTIL APRIL 1; NO MAY 5 SHOWDOWN WITH MAYWEATHER
    By Ben Thompson | January 09, 2012

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11518.html?PHPSESSID=2c16c45530e7eff3d96d566685799775
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    More Arum fuckery

PLASTIC SURGEON SAYS NO SPARRING FOR PACQUIAO UNTIL APRIL 1; NO MAY 5 SHOWDOWN WITH MAYWEATHER

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11518.html?PHPSESSID=2c16c45530e7eff3d96d566685799775
    Lol @ Arum coming up with whatever he can so Pacquiao doesnt have to fight Mayweather. When it was announced that Mayweather was going to Jail, Arum said he'd be "married" to May 5 if Manny fought JMM. Now that Floyd is sticking around a while longer, Manny can no longer fight in May because of a cut sustained in November? FOH, Arum haha
  • ghost!
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    More Arum fuckery

imager.php?id=2388818&t=o

? Bob Arum!!!!!!!!!

Manny, you losing support from me, you acting like a b*tch right now....MAN THE F UP!
  • Mastery
    edited January 2012
    Options
    C.Melendez wrote: »
    I think Lara is too skilled for either fighter but it would be a good fight
    My mans Rigondeaux set to fight for his first title after 9 pro fights...I forget against who but he'll win it easily
    Rico Ramos, I believe :tu
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    why do floyd fans hate pacman though?
    not taking a side on the matter but liking one doesnt mean you have to hate the other.
    i get that pacman is bob arums latest cash cow and toy. but i see mad sites and vids hating on pacman and calling him out for not making the fight but everyone and their momma knows the real thing ? up the fight is bob arum.
    pacman is like any other prize fighter, out to make a buck and i can't blame the dude for believing the hype a promoter puts behind him. (i blame the media for buyin the ? though)