The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dont know why this ? needs 48 hours... we had a few years ...

now testing is... "NO LONGER AN ISSUE"

lets see.. what the ? are they pondering..

testing is no longer an issue....manny is willing to give away the biggest share of the ? ......but they'll find something....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    testing is no longer an issue....manny is willing to give away the biggest share of the ? ......but they'll find something....
    Yah i know.. im just waiting for the other shoe to drop
    Ekscape wrote: »
    Manny's team is saying they wanna construct an outdoor stadium and May 5th is to soon for it to happen... They are making this the issue now

someone brought up why not fight it one of the football stadiums.. no need for construction of a new temporary venue
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Manny's team is saying they wanna construct an outdoor stadium and May 5th is to soon for it to happen... They are making this the issue now

man this ish , is just sicken to me, either fight floyd or sh*t the ? up.....all this other b.s. is really disrespecting any boxing fan that's intelligent enough to read between the lines...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i thought the fight was gonna be at cowboys stadium? it aint like they using it
  • Dupac
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    i thought the fight was gonna be at cowboys stadium? it aint like they using it

word.....they can start construction today..? would be done by febuary.....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    2 years 48 hours.. smh

word its 2012

they were supposed to fight in 2010
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    like i said before i aint buying into ? until i see them ? face to face in the middle of the ring and the ref is giving instructions! ole we wanna get a emmy for the best boxing soap opera as ? !
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    pretty much!.on the real tho im going through withdrawl right now i need some boxing in my life what fight is coming up?

Berto Ortiz 2 in Feb
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Maidana-Alexander at the end of February too
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

no need to build anything...Sam Boyd Stadium holds 40,000...it just ain't on the strip
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Berto Ortiz 2 in Feb
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Maidana-Alexander at the end of February too

Jan. 20

At Las Vegas (Showtime): Rico Ramos vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux, 12 rounds, for Ramos' WBA junior featherweight title

Feb. 4

At San Antonio (HBO): Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Marco Antonio Rubio, 12 rounds, for Chavez's WBC middleweight title; Nonito Donaire vs. Wilfredo Vazquez Jr., 12 rounds, for vacant WBO junior featherweight title

Feb. 11

At Las Vegas (Showtime): Victor Ortiz vs. Andre Berto, rematch, 12 rounds, welterweights; Erislandy Lara vs. Ronald Hearns, 10 or 12 rounds, middleweights; Gary Russell Jr. vs. TBA, 8 or 10 rounds, featherweights

Feb. 18

At Corpus Christi, Texas (Showtime): Paul Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Tavoris Cloud vs. Gabriel Campillo, 12 rounds, for Cloud's IBF light heavyweight title; Cristobal Arreola vs. TBA, 10 rounds, heavyweights

Feb. 25

At St. Louis (HBO): Marcos Maidana vs. Devon Alexander, 12 rounds, welterweights; Adrien Broner vs. Eloy Perez, 12 rounds, for Broner's WBO junior lightweight title
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Manny Camp is so Weak Lol
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Man its Vegas they could build that ? in a month with all that money they got . Just call the people that build you local carnivals and the Universal Soul Circus they will hook it up
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Bob Arum is coppin pleas hoping that the casual fan will buy his line of ? , again.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Windchill is a factor in this arena - watch one of them camps say some ? like that
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    40,000 PEOPLE IS TO MUCH THE AIR ISNT GONNA BE PURE ENOUGH FOR MY FIGHTER TO FUNCTION RIGHT - one of them camps
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    it will be hilarious if rubio beats chavez jr and if lopez loses again to salido
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    arum brings up june 9th at 30 seconds

Yo I hate Bob Arum B . You can smell the Sulfur threw the screen
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Bob Arum seriously talking about June 9th??? Arum the devil man.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Floyd isnt fighting Guerrero

Thank ? !
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Floyd isnt fighting Guerrero

Thank ? !

agreed it looks like it will be canelo
  • Dupac
    edited January 2012
    Options
    so basically this is the skinny.....i'll post the links to the articles in a second....

i wanna give my opinion first...because that is much more important...IMO

arum "gave in" and said the fight can be in may..... but only late may....

he wants to construct a special venue that can hold more poeple outside and give manny's cut from the jmm fight more time to heal (even though he didn't give cotto the same amount of time on a much bigger cut...but whatever)

he wants the split to be 50/50.....but he's only putting up manny's 50%......he wants golden boy to put up flyod's 50%

thereason for the outside venue is that being that he's getting a bulk of the gate..the extraseating will compensate for the money he's losing for promoting a non-top rank fighter....

and the late may date is after some sort of tax cut off date where like 40 millin more can go to the state or some ? like that.....

all in out.....

it's pretty obvious that bob just didn't want to agree to the date floyd gave...and wants to take back control an put floyd on the spot by switching up the terms...

it's like haggling...

one side proposes something and puts on the pressure, the other side prposes something else to put the pressure back on the other side...

neither side is willing to just accept the ? given to them.....

? 's crazy......

but we're all staying tuned...flyod has till tomorrow to respond...
  • Dupac
    edited January 2012
    Options
    By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao isn’t prepared to stoop down to the level of Floyd Mayweather Jr., who challenged Pacquiao to face him on May 5 by telling him via his twitter account - “Pacquiao I’m calling you out. Let’s fight May 5 and give the world what they want to see. My jail sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up punk.”

Pacquiao and his adviser Michael Koncz said the “Fighter of the Decade” will gladly fight Mayweather at the end of May emphasizing - “We are not ducking the fight. From a business perspective we are not going to throw away an additional $30-$40 million. Be a man (Floyd) and step up to the plate. Fight at the end of May and the fight is done.”

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, is looking to construct a temporary outdoor venue on the Las Vegas strip to maximize the revenue for a Mayweather fight. The venue would hold 45,000 to 50,000 people and provide and additional $30-40 million for the event, but the earliest time period to complete construction is late May. The MGM Grand, where Mayweather is scheduled to fight on May 5th, holds 16,500.

"If we do it on May 5, we would be limited pretty much to the MGM Grand, and we would probably do a gate of $20 million, a record gate. If we did it in this new temporary arena for 45,000 people, we would do a gate of around $60 million. The difference is a minimum of $40 million. It's an extra $20 million for each fighter... That's still a lot of money," Arum told ABS-CBN.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=48380
  • Dupac
    edited January 2012
    Options
    By David "Los Gatos" Rosenberg

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has given Floyd Mayweather Jr. until Saturday to get the ball rolling on a late-May welterweight unification with Manny Pacquiao, according to information provided to Sports Illustrated. Mayweather, who is scheduled to return on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - will have to agree to a date in late May - but Arum is willing to bend on the venue. Arum will back away from his plan of an outdoor venue and stage the fight at the MGM Grand.

Arum proposes a 50-50 deal, but the veteran promoter is only willing to guarantee Pacquiao's 50%. A third party, Golden Boy Promotions or otherwise, will have to guarantee Mayweather 50% of the take. If someone guarantee's Mayweather's 50%, and both sides agree to a date in late-May, then Arum says the fight can be "made in ten minutes."

If the ball is not rolling by Saturday, then Pacquiao will return on a date in June - against either Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley or Lamont Peterson.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=48413