The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options

Comments

• _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    don't waste your words, you can't convince the irrational...

I'm honestly not concerned with convincing him. I know a lot young fans who do have common sense lurk on these pages. And I know a lot industry people read this forum. I don't need to convince him.
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Honestly the only times Drake shouldve responded was when Luda called him out and now. Theyre the only two that are actually somewhat relevant. ? he look like responding to Beanie Siegel and Pusha T? lol
  • bankenstein
    bankenstein Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvmPVanzTafDqW4trNF-sO1FKp4EC4a6KdRSEQkjdHYzQaGKfc

Drake Defense Thread!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • visionthepoet
    visionthepoet Members Posts: 52
    edited January 2012
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvmPVanzTafDqW4trNF-sO1FKp4EC4a6KdRSEQkjdHYzQaGKfc

Drake Defense Thread!!

tumblr_lwi9okBjBj1r6vj6fo1_250.gif

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    two things.
    1. chicity is hilarious with his responses
    2. blackrain makes me laugh with how he tries to appear unbias with anything drake/jay z related
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    two things.
    1. chicity is hilarious with his responses
    2. blackrain makes me laugh with how he tries to appear unbias with anything drake/jay z related

all the while exposing himself as a Jigga warrior and a drake stan........
  • bankenstein
    bankenstein Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    how you trying to look manly with a pink camera?
    change that ? dawg, and ? a "im secure in my skin" response. that's just an excuse in the closet ? use to try to justify their actions...

You already shut down the only response I could give to justify the pink camera

I'm listening to Madonna's 1994 album right now too...Maybe you're right
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you really dont believe nicki releasing a diss track days before her album dropped didn't help to build buzz for her album doing 400k first week you're really just stanning. And if her disses aren't about building buzz why have the first two singles from her new album more disses at Kim. You just proved why ym is a pop label and not a hip hop label cause any rapper who respects the culture of hip hop understands the history of the competitive nature of it. That's hip hop. That's always been hip hop. ymcmb can make whatever type of music they want but if they dont represent the culture then stop calling their music hip hop and stop claiming to be king/greatest/best of it if you don't even respect it. If drake wants to be one of "the greatest" he has stop running from every battle, and respond for ONCE.

damn... well stated!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Common and Pusha T cooking up an ether right now lol
  • mackswami
    mackswami Members Posts: 24
    edited January 2012
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    smh...

Sloppy seconds drake

drake is a common ? .
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Thats a new wrinkle. Could Marvin's room be about Common? lmao

Marvin's room is a diss record-only Drake smmfh

young money at its finest lls
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited January 2012
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    smh...

sloppy seconds Drake

how is that sloppy seconds? Taraji has a grown ass son lol that isnt Common's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    please internet fake guys stop talking bout sloppy seconds like we not ? chics who are 2nds and 3rds. i guess we all ? virgins
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as for stacking bars against bars to answer sboogie (i think lol)

common gets points for naming names, but I liked drake's verse on that beat better, plus he out of his element with this battle ? and going against one of the most liked lyricists in the game.. but lets see what happens when drake puts something out with names now

do you really think he will name names though. i think this ? iis just gonna die off b/c Drake isn't going to say anything

i think common got the edge as of right now just off the Canada dry line. i get a feeling you might not find that one as funny being that you from Canada

and how do folks in TO view this beef? are folks siding with common or just think he's hating.
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as for stacking bars against bars to answer sboogie (i think lol)

common gets points for naming names, but I liked drake's verse on that beat better, plus he out of his element with this battle ? and going against one of the most liked lyricists in the game.. but lets see what happens when drake puts something out with names now

I was about to have major respect for Drake with his verse..... until he started coming at Kobe's wife. That's just weak as ? . I get what he's saying, but when you got Pusha T, Ludacris, and Common coming straigh at your throat, your focus shouldn't be caping for Kobe.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Drake won't lose...Said it before...Sayin it again...Common's ? was straight, but mostly cause of how direct it was...I never like all that subliminal ? ...Word to Jay....
  • Miles HIGH
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I was about to have major respect for Drake with his verse..... until he started coming at Kobe's wife. That's just weak as ? . I get what he's saying, but when you got Pusha T, Ludacris, and Common coming straigh at your throat, your focus shouldn't be caping for Kobe.

That wasn't the point of the line.........
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Common is in a top 10 mc of all time but lets call a ? a sapde -
    he got salty over Serena and took some subliminal shots at Drake for that. Drake responded like most men would

I'm no real fan of Drake sure he's feminine and all but he's got some decent skills.

But Common dissing drake, entertaining as it may be, just seem hypocritical coming from Common - whose had some questionable songs the last couple years. Common seems to be taking aim at easy target.

I cant see how Drake can avoid responding to this namecheck this. He has no choice now and he might surprise folks.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    do you really think he will name names though. i think this ? iis just gonna die off b/c Drake isn't going to say anything

i think common got the edge as of right now just off the Canada dry line. i get a feeling you might not find that one as funny being that you from Canada

and how do folks in TO view this beef? are folks siding with common or just think he's hating.

yeah he probably will I think
    and that line really just made me laugh... rest of it was just ok to me, be like I said he gets points for naming names
    as for the battle, Ive heard old heads side with common just out of spite lol, lot of people saying he just hating (typical answer) too
    but for most its just entertaining

and outside of a couple of hip hop heads I know, this really the only time ive heard people talk about common outside of the internet tbh
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    That wasn't the point of the line.........

doesn't matter what the point of the line is, he took shots at a broad when you got grown men choppin you. That's like being in school, three ? slappin the ? outta the back of your neck, but you punch the little ? the other side of the room. FOH
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I gotta roll with Common on this one because Common is a veteran who has earned his battle-strips.

Common is an African-American and Drake is a Candian-Mullatto-Jew so I have reginal, cultural, and bloodline ties to Common.

If Ludacris and Pusha T can diss Drake along with half the I.C. then I don't have a problem with Common dissing him.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited January 2012
    Options
    doesn't matter what the point of the line is, he took shots at a broad when you got grown men choppin you. That's like being in school, three ? slappin the ? outta the back of your neck, but you punch the little ? the other side of the room. FOH

I'd agree...If it wasn't for the fact that...He started it off with...

"It bothers me when the Gods(rap gods: Common, Ludacris, Beanie, etc) get to actin like the broads....Guees every team doesn't come complete with ? like ours...etc"

...And also the fact that...The line wasn't meant to be a diss solely to Kobe's wife...Just schemin ? in general...Word to the title of the song...
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    I'd agree...If it wasn't for the fact that...He started it off with...

"It bothers me when the Gods(rap gods: Common, Ludacris, Beanie, etc) get to actin like the broads....Guees every team doesn't come complete with ? like ours...etc"

EXACTLY!!! Then turned his attention to a WOMAN. You're making my point for me. Had he stayed focus, I think the verse would've been that of legend. Would've been some epic ? . INSTEAD, he wants to defend another grown man against his wife. That's mad suspect fam.