edited January 2012
    Options
    duplicate post
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yeah he probably will I think
    and that line really just made me laugh... rest of it was just ok to me, be like I said he gets points for naming names
    as for the battle, Ive heard old heads side with common just out of spite lol, lot of people saying he just hating (typical answer) too
    but for most its just entertaining

and outside of a couple of hip hop heads I know, this really the only time ive heard people talk about common outside of the internet tbh

yea it's hard to get a clear cut take on the situation b/c folks biases are really showing. And I give the edge to common right now b/c that line mad me laugh as well. really either hasn't dropped or said anything that serious. next round is gonna get personal
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    Common is in a top 10 mc of all time but lets call a ? a sapde -
    he got salty over Serena and took some subliminal shots at Drake for that. Drake responded like most men would

I'm no real fan of Drake sure he's feminine and all but he's got some decent skills.

But Common dissing drake, entertaining as it may be, just seem hypocritical coming from Common - whose had some questionable songs the last couple years. Common seems to be taking aim at easy target.

I cant see how Drake can avoid responding to this namecheck this. He has no choice now and he might surprise folks.

Prove it. To me, it sounds like a bunch of gossip that you rap nerds like to spread around to make yourself feel better.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    EXACTLY!!! Then turned his attention to a WOMAN. You're making my point for me. Had he stayed focus, I think the verse would've been that of legend. Would've been some epic ? . INSTEAD, he wants to defend another grown man against his wife. That's mad suspect fam.

Naw bret...Don't cut out the last part of my quote...That line was meant to tie the verse back in to the overall subject of the song...
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why the ? yall ? saying this over a female??
    Common made "Sweet" and Drake got in his feelings..
    The same way Wayne did when Jay dropped "H.A.M."..
    Its really a simple beef and im sure Common just wants to rap battle for the love of the game not some ? ..
  • visionthepoet
    visionthepoet Members Posts: 52
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    Naw bret...Don't cut out the last part of my quote...That line was meant to tie the verse back in to the overall subject of the song...

Fam, I see your point, but MY point remains... he took time to diss Kobe's wife. To bring in a female who has nothing to do with this ? at all. That's like Jay dissing Nas, but using bars to diss Paul McCartney's wife to prove a point. ? is weak as ? . Say names! You just ? in an interview about Common not saying your name, then you come right back with subliminals.

Gotta give him credit though. The verse was tough... for a few bars.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Fam, I see your point, but MY point remains... he took time to diss Kobe's wife. To bring in a female who has nothing to do with this ? at all. That's like Jay dissing Nas, but using bars to diss Paul McCartney's wife to prove a point. ? is weak as ? . Say names! You just ? in an interview about Common not saying your name, then you come right back with subliminals.

Gotta give him credit though. The verse was tough... for a few bars.

Lol, I see yours as well...But what I'm sayin is...That verse wasn't meant to be an all out diss to Common...Those first few lines were subliminals to Common, Luda, Pusha, etc...Then after that he went back to just lacin the song...Ion rock wit that subliminal ? , but that's what it was...So when put in perspective, it makes sense how he switched topics to go back to what the song is about...Now that Common has directly addressed him though, Drake ain't got no choice but to either do the same, or squash the ? ...In either scenario, Drake won't lose...
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol, I see yours as well...But what I'm sayin is...That verse wasn't meant to be an all out diss to Common...Those first few lines were subliminals to Common, Luda, Pusha, etc...Then after that he went back to just lacin the song...Ion rock wit that subliminal ? , but that's what it was...So when put in perspective, it makes sense how he switched topics to go back to what the song is about...Now that Common has directly addressed him though, Drake ain't got no choice but to either do the same, or squash the ? ...In either scenario, Drake won't lose...

Drake won't lose? Can't see him really hurting Common fam. Sorry. Probably should've came back at Luda first. Common is a tall order. Either way, I just want to see him respond. He needs to earn his stripes. He does a lot of yapping and hasn't really earned much in hiphop. POP? All day, he's a pop star! Hiphop? He needs to step into the arena...
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    COMMON JUST CALLED DRAKE MOTHER A ? , DRAKE BETTER COME HARD that's fighting words. If another man call your mother a ? and you aint say ? , wow that's some ? ? .

see what you tiger leggings broads dont understand that GROWN ASS MAN'S dont play for that ? ? and common is a grown ass man, at the end of his diss he said this is some grown ass man ? .

and some of yall don't know about grown ass man ?
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    'I heard u say u ain't a ? cause u sing
    Naw u a ? cause u cling, like a girl that's 18'

Birdman covered his mouth and held in his laugh before telling him to get back to writing for Shanell.

r9pg1i.jpg

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why the ? yall ? saying this over a female??
    Common made "Sweet" and Drake got in his feelings..
    The same way Wayne did when Jay dropped "H.A.M."..
    Its really a simple beef and im sure Common just wants to rap battle for the love of the game not some ? ..

Real ?

I think the ? trying to make this about Serena got more hoe tendencies than Drake
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    r9pg1i.jpg

damn drake was happy ass ? , he jumped pretty damn high
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Real ?

I thing the ? trying to make this about Serena got more hoe tendencies than Drake

This is the TMZ, MTO, Basketball Wives drama filled nipple moist generation. Everything has to be drama. Everything MUST be a soap opera. At the end of the day, who gives a ? . One emcee called out another one. Who gives a ? why? ? the back story. Let THEM tell it in their rhymes. BATTLE!!! Appreciate the music that's about to be created instead of caping for another grown ass man.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited January 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    COMMON JUST CALLED DRAKE MOTHER A ? , DRAKE BETTER COME HARD that's fighting words. If another man call your mother a ? and you aint say ? , wow that's some ? ? .

see what you tiger leggings broads dont understand that GROWN ASS MAN'S dont play for that ? ? and common is a grown ass man, at the end of his diss he said this is some grown ass man ? .

and some of yall don't know about grown ass man ?

...And you respect that though?...A ? callin another ? 's mom/dad a ? ...For absolutely no reason, since Drake ain't said ? bout Common's family, or his "wife"...And you respect that ? ?...Word?...See, that's why I'm sayin Drake ain't gon lose...The general public sees Common as a bitter old ? right now...
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

What I was thinking looking at your avi. Who's that?
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ...And you respect that though?...A ? callin another ? 's mom/dad a ? ...For absolutely no reason, since Drake ain't said ? bout Common's family, or his "wife"...And you respect that ? ?...Word?...See, that's why I'm sayin Drake ain't gon lose...The general public sees Common as a bitter old ? right now...

wait... so Drake can call Kobe's kids mom a ? , but Common can't call Drake's mom a ? ? C'mon fam, don't let your bias show.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yeah he probably will I think
    and that line really just made me laugh... rest of it was just ok to me, be like I said he gets points for naming names
    as for the battle, Ive heard old heads side with common just out of spite lol, lot of people saying he just hating (typical answer) too
    but for most its just entertaining

and outside of a couple of hip hop heads I know, this really the only time ive heard people talk about common outside of the internet tbh

nobody really care about this lame ass beef

Common lookin lame ass hell in the real world, ? a bunch of faceless wimps on the internet

Common is an amateur at beefing, he went too hard at a ? who didn't even mention his name

He Should Of Just responded subliminally to where Drake would know, and everybody who been following it would know. or not respond, and approach Drizzy personally

i'm not saying he hurt his brand entirely, but this stunt did ? with how alot of people perceive common..Common established himself as one of the Positive figures in rap, one of those respectable rappers...

and if Drake would respond he's actually doing Common a favor, cause if he don't , to everybody in the real world, Common would look like a bitter ass hating old ? who's attacking the youthful blazing Drake for no reason.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    nobody really care about this lame ass beef

Common lookin lame ass hell in the real world, ? a bunch of faceless wimps on the internet

Common is an amateur at beefing, he went too hard at a ? who didn't even mention his name

He Should Of Just responded subliminally to where Drake would know, and everybody who been following it would know. or not respond, and approach Drizzy personally

i'm not saying he hurt his brand entirely, but this stunt did ? with how alot of people perceive common..Common established himself as one of the Positive figures in rap, one of those respectable rappers...

and if Drake would respond he's actually doing Common a favor, cause if he don't , to everybody in the real world, Common would look like a bitter ass hating old ? who's attacking the youthful blazing Drake for no reason.

Yes, let your drakestruation flow through you.
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Common is an amateur at beefing? It's not a beef. It's a BATTLE. And Common has earned his stripes in that arena. I swear some of yall just started listening to hip hop like five years ago
  • Miles HIGH
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wait... so Drake can call Kobe's kids mom a ? , but Common can't call Drake's mom a ? ? C'mon fam, don't let your bias show.

Cuh...For the last time...That ? was not just about Kobe's wife...Lol, how you a poet and don't get that?...And this is different, because Common took those subliminals, ran with em immediately and comes out the blue callin Drake's daddy a ? ...And then in the same verse says "This is man to man"...What does Drake's family have to do with this rap battle?...Tell me how that adds up?...It's not just my bias, it's real life perspective....
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    Yes, let your drakestruation flow through you.

in the real world ain't nobody really talkin about this....and if they do,it's mostly "damn why Common coming at Drake for???"

in the real world it seems as if Common was blatantly attacking Drake... therefore making him look flat out stupid if Drizzy don't respond .

Common already hurted his public perception...
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cuh...For the last time...That ? was not just about Kobe's wife...Lol, how you a poet and don't get that?...And this is different, because Common took those subliminals, ran with em immediately and comes out the blue callin Drake's daddy a ? ...And then in the same verse says "This is man to man"...What does Drake's family have to do with this rap battle?...Tell me how that adds up?...It's not just my bias, it's real life perspective....

fam, it DEFINITELY was about her. It was a double entendre, I get it... but SHE was included in the double entendre. C'mon fam. Take the Drake colored glasses off.
  • visionthepoet
    edited January 2012
    Options
    FYI, he took the line from a BILL BURR radio interview talking about Kobe's wife. Bill Burr essentially said the exact same thing... talking about Kobe's wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTjhXi9CZ8
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    in the real world ain't nobody really talkin about this....and if they do,it's mostly "damn why Common coming at Drake for???"

in the real world it seems as if Common was blatantly attacking Drake... therefore making him look flat out stupid if Drizzy don't respond .

Common already hurted his public perception...

Wrong........
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Common is an amateur at beefing? It's not a beef. It's a BATTLE. And Common has earned his stripes in that arena. I swear some of yall just started listening to hip hop like five years ago

in the Battle with Ice Cubes, Common was the good guy who was attacked by Ice Cubes, therefore when Common gave Cubes a good right hook in that fat face of his, not was only the public shocked but pleased , although Cubes had a good reason to go at Common for talking ? about the west (throws up my W), he was still the agressor.

2nd if u look at most beefs theirs build up... to were the casuals have an idea of whats going on (IE. Jeezy VS. Rozay) before names are mentioned..

like i said Common should of just used an innuendo or some thing

then he's begging dude 2 say his name @ the end of the song.. like wtf??? u lookin desperate bruh...