The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Waka called Wiz a herb its his ? opinion..
    How the ? you tell another man what he allowed to say..

i don't care about that situation, i posted that, 2 show ? how an o.g is suppose 2 act... like the wise village elder handling a situation wisely. young ? see that n respect that, because that's the energy we look for in our elders...

unlike Common who's looking like that neighbor hood gramps, who's still sagging, hanging with the young ? , trying to bang on young ? , begging ? to say his name at the end of records n ? , like come on Common u lookin real desperate right now.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hmm well if thats how Wiz or whoever feel they can address that man on that..

Yall ? are hilarious this isnt on no real street life beef unless Drake tries to take it there im sure this ? is for the sport on Common behalf..

wow so only street ? carry guns???

only street ? ? ????

are u serious bruh??

the rap music industry is a multi billonaire dollar industry... ? are tryin 2 break they're necks 2 get in this game. u don't battle for sport , theirs to much money involve... ? put to much blood sweat N tears in to their careers, to have some clown come n try 2 destroy it...
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i don't care about that situation, i posted that, 2 show ? how an o.g is suppose 2 act... like the wise village elder handling a situation wisely. young ? see that n respect that, because that's the energy we look for in our elders...

unlike Common who's looking like that neighbor hood gramps, who's still sagging, hanging with the young ? , trying to bang on young ? , begging ? to say his name at the end of records n ? , like come on Common u lookin real desperate right now.

Its a lost cause for you bruh bcuz you cant even acknowledge Drake sensitive ways..
    Mind you i have never owned a Common nor listened to a Common cd so im not caping for dude at all..
    Here are the facts that we know..
    Common recorded Sweet..
    Common then said if the shoe fit wear it..
    Drake heard Sweet..
    Thought the shoe fit and caught feelings..
    Simple as that no need for an elder to step in Drake caught feelings now he cop a plea and get himself outta this..
    Yall ? cant even notice the flaws in a ? character..
    He did the same ? to Luda and Future with that punk ass tweet..
  • thatni99ajahmal
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wow so only street ? carry guns???

only street ? ? ????

are u serious bruh??

the rap music industry is a multi billonaire dollar industry... ? are tryin 2 break they're necks 2 get in this game. u don't battle for sport , theirs to much money involve... ? put to much blood sweat N tears in to their careers, to have some clown come n try 2 destroy it...

Anyone can carry a gun ? but you seriously think this will get to a level where there ? would try to ? each other??
    ? you simple minded lol..
    Actually how old are you??

Ya'll make sure to blow off Drake food before you feed it to him.

I'd hate to see the kid burn his tongue.

• Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Its a lost cause for you bruh bcuz you cant even acknowledge Drake sensitive ways..
    Mind you i have never owned a Common nor listened to a Common cd so im not caping for dude at all..
    Here are the facts that we know..
    Common recorded Sweet..
    Common then said if the shoe fit wear it..
    Drake heard Sweet..
    Thought the shoe fit and caught feelings..
    Simple as that no need for an elder to step in Drake caught feelings now he cop a plea and get himself outta this..
    Yall ? cant even notice the flaws in a ? character..
    He did the same ? to Luda and Future with that punk ass tweet..

but where did he said common's name???????

was common the only ? coming at him???

and i acknowledge that Drake was a certefied ? for that Future ? ....

that Luda ? , Luda was a lame 4 that, he waited too long to address that, especially after chiling n laffing with them ? , n when it was time 2 make a buzz 4 his mixtape than boom he had some thing 2 say, like GTFOH with that ?
  • thatni99ajahmal
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Common came out and admitted that it was about drake prior to drake laying his verse down on that ross joint

http://theurbandaily.com/music/theurbandailystaff2/common-drakeconfirms-that-sweet-was-directed-towards-drake/

Even if he admitted it was about him so what??
    If a ? bump you in the streets do you tell him excuse me?? Or you address that ? ??
    I seriously just think ? are soft these days..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you really dont believe nicki releasing a diss track days before her album dropped didn't help to build buzz for her album doing 400k first week you're really just stanning. And if her disses aren't about building buzz why have the first two singles from her new album more disses at Kim. You just proved why ym is a pop label and not a hip hop label cause any rapper who respects the culture of hip hop understands the history of the competitive nature of it. That's hip hop. That's always been hip hop. ymcmb can make whatever type of music they want but if they dont represent the culture then stop calling their music hip hop and stop claiming to be king/greatest/best of it if you don't even respect it. If drake wants to be one of "the greatest" he has stop running from every battle, and respond for ONCE.

That album was going to sell regardless...that annoying ass Your Love song was being played everywhere and based off buzz alone that album would have sold alot of copies that first week...I'll put it to you like this, what would more people recognize off Pink Friday, Roman's Revenge or Super Bass? Which song went to #1 and has been unfortunately named song of the year by a shitload of music critics? The diss did more to give Lil Kim attention than it did to sell records for Nicki Minaj...you could say probably about 1-2% of Nicki's sales were related to her having Roman's Revenge on it...as far as her new songs I don't know what they'er about because I haven't heard them...unlike alot of ya'll I don't really go out of my way to listen to rappers I think aren't really that good
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Anyone can carry a gun ? but you seriously think this will get to a level where there ? would try to ? each other??
    ? you simple minded lol..
    Actually how old are you??

like i said, ? get REAL when money is involved...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    two things.
    1. chicity is hilarious with his responses
    2. blackrain makes me laugh with how he tries to appear unbias with anything drake/jay z related
    all the while exposing himself as a Jigga warrior and a drake stan........

because maybe it's actually possible to like a rapper's music but still acknowledge stupid ? they do when it involves another rapper?
  • thatni99ajahmal
    edited January 2012
    Options
    but where did he said common's name???????

was common the only ? coming at him???

and i acknowledge that Drake was a certefied ? for that Future ? ....

that Luda ? , Luda was a lame 4 that, he waited too long to address that, especially after chiling n laffing with them ? , n when it was time 2 make a buzz 4 his mixtape than boom he had some thing 2 say, like GTFOH with that ?

Idk how many ppl were coming at Drake honestly..
    You on some female ? right now trying to flip it to make it seem like Common caught feelings lol..
    Naw Drake still lame for that Luda ? he had the direct quote from Luda song and don matter when Luda address it he a man he aint noone else time he did it when he was ready to..
    Just admit Drake has women ways..
    like i said, ? get REAL when money is involved...

I doubt this ? get to gunplay both them ? have too much going for it to get that far..
  • mlokz208
    mlokz208 Members Posts: 12
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Idk how many ppl were coming at Drake honestly..
    You on some female ? right now trying to flip it to make it seem like Common caught feelings lol..
    Naw Drake still lame for that Luda ? he had the direct quote from Luda song and don matter when Luda address it he a man he aint noone else time he did it when he was ready to..
    Just admit Drake has women ways..

I doubt this ? get to gunplay both them ? have too much going for it to get that far..

like i said if their money starts edging towards the minus , instead of the plus don't be shocked to see ? get popped..

i already admit drake was a ? for how he handle the situation with Future...

where did i said Common caught feelings???

i didn't need 2 say that, that lil diss already did, Common went to hard at a man who didn't says his name, i can tell a lot by a ? character by how he analyze ? ...

Luda waited to long to respond, he should of responded once he heard Drake N BigSean talk their ? , u gonna break bread n laff with these ? then record a diss a year after???

u know what we call that being passive aggressive,

did u have a father?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    [QUOTE=Young-Ice;4056369]Drake is yet to rebuttal. But common did get at him, no doubt about it.[/QUOTE]

Unlike Drake, Common has no life, he was waiting at Home all week, watching Drake T.V, listening to Drake Radio, while surfing on Drake.Com ... until "Stay Scheming" was released, dude stayed up all night to right those lil bars
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My Motto is Chicago ? !
  • thatni99ajahmal
    edited January 2012
    Options
    like i said if their money starts edging towards the minus , instead of the plus don't be shocked to see ? get popped..

i already admit drake was a ? for how he handle the situation with Future...

where did i said Common caught feelings???

i didn't need 2 say that, that lil diss already did, Common went to hard at a man who didn't says his name, i can tell a lot by a ? character by how he analyze ? ...

Luda waited to long to respond, he should of responded once he heard Drake N BigSean talk their ? , u gonna break bread n laff with these ? then record a diss a year after???

u know what we call that being passive aggressive,

did u have a father?

Not sure what that has to do with anything..
    At any rate nobody will get murked it will be a rap battle not beef..
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    That album was going to sell regardless...that annoying ass Your Love song was being played everywhere and based off buzz alone that album would have sold alot of copies that first week...I'll put it to you like this, what would more people recognize off Pink Friday, Roman's Revenge or Super Bass? Which song went to #1 and has been unfortunately named song of the year by a shitload of music critics? The diss did more to give Lil Kim attention than it did to sell records for Nicki Minaj...you could say probably about 1-2% of Nicki's sales were related to her having Roman's Revenge on it...as far as her new songs I don't know what they'er about because I haven't heard them...unlike alot of ya'll I don't really go out of my way to listen to rappers I think aren't really that good

first, as far as nicki sales. superbass was released as a single like 6 months after the album dropped. she was already platinum by then. you don't think the fact that nicki was all over the radio the week pf dropped talking about her beef with kim didn't help her get more attention to sell her album. come one dude either you're reaching hard and you really don't understand how the industry works. and on her latest two singles she's still dissing kim. she herself called them buzz singles. a buzz single's point is to get attention for your album. just admit nicki used them kim diss tracks to get attention just like kim did. either way birdrman was talking out his ass in that interview to cover for drake.

and i'll listen to anybody's music and THEN make an opinion about it. i will listen to drake or nicki song because obviously unlike you I give anybody a chance to see what their producing. i never said that drake or nicki wasn't talented. i think they're overhyped but they do have some talent. if drake drops a hard diss track going back at common, I would have no problem acknowledging that. but it seems like we'll never know.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Prove it. To me, it sounds like a bunch of gossip that you rap nerds like to spread around to make yourself feel better.

I dont gotta prove ? . Just calling it as I see it. I prefer Common's music over Drake but Common is a conscious elderstatesman that supposed to be too grown for this type of ? except a woman and or money is involved. Either way, it aint that serious, two light skin, soft rapers battlng.

Common just sonned him; Drake will have to respond.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

yeah so i didnt read none of this other ? but when drake go at one of the hardest ? rappin( cube) and that ? respect ( cube called it a good diss) then some one should make a thread DRAKE IS BEING SET UP BY COMMON he gonna lose bad.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what's gonna happen when Drake doesn't respond?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options

Common will just look like a ?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thats an interesting spin on it.

I guess when you have no masculinity or respect there isnt really anywhere to fall to in the court of public opinion.

the masses don't care about this battle , and this is not the 1st time a rapper attacked another rapper and didn't respond...

T.I, Lil Wayne, :50 cent attacked both rappers both didn't respond

Kanye : Havoc, Beanie Sigel, 50, Camron, Jim Jones all attacked Ye verbally and he never responded.

and if Drake don't respond, Common will just look stupid as hell, for looking out of character... Jay get attacks all the time, sometimes he responds subliminally never directly, or ignore their ? ...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hip hop will forever clown Drake. Drake will either try to gain street cred or go even more pop
  • thatni99ajahmal
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the only reason i asked, is cuz u co-signed Luda's passive aggressive ways...

we can agree to disagree, until Common hits Farrakhan on speed dial..

I dont live in these rapper lives i didnt know Luda was all in Drake and Big Sean face i have personally never seen them together or heard of them getting money together..
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dont live in these rapper lives i didnt know Luda was all in Drake and Big Sean face i have personally never seen them together or heard of them getting money together..

it's common sense homes, rappers all know each other they all kick with people or peoples that know some one it's a small world G

l11.jpg
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hip hop will forever clown Drake. Drake will either try to gain street cred or go even more pop

the same way Kanye, Jay , And Wayne forever gets clowned, right???