Street Fighter X Tekken

Options

Comments

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    still up in the air if imma cop this. character list is weak as hell.

Damn, who were you expecting to be in the game? It's pretty much got all the most popular characters from both sides and a few surprises here and there too.

I'm missing Feng(vs Akuma would have been da ? ), Dragonuv, ? , Eddy, Baek, Armor King, Ganryu and Bruce lol

hell Feilong vs. Law, E-Honda vs. Ganryu...it's not happening lol

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna be playing all day today, just gonna be trying to find characters I like, Im debating if I wanna stick with Ryu since he gets figured out so fast
  • Alkindus
    Options
    LOL bcotton, how is Heiachi playin?

gettin my copy tomorrow....cant.....? .......wait....gonna be in da lab couple of days probably
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Heihachi is easy mode , alot of ppl think hes early top tier

lol the links in this game are so easy that its throwing me off
  • Alkindus
    Options
    lol no....nooooooo! tell me they didn't make it noob friendly?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    hes the easiest to use for damage and easy combos on the Tekken side so far imo
  • Alkindus
    Options
    aye, my bad I meant the links? they threw u off?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    SF4 links are much harder, so I been plinking and pressing the buttons like SF4 timing
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Options
    Hwoarang & Steve is my team right now ..... Ibuki & rolento i need to work on .........
  • intalect
    Options
    and people ? about the roster well wait for Tekken X Street Fighter $100 says their roster will be enormous as hell just look at Tekken Tag 2!
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    1st Episode of SF x Tekken Excellent Adventures is up

Kicking off their Excellent Adventures season 5 series with a new title, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mike Ross and Gootecks have returned to the couch, err chairs, to get in some online matches via co-op mode on PSN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtFIQ0S17YM

Gootecks & Mike are back! And they've brought a new game with them. Street Fighter X Tekken just dropped and already the duo has claimed the title "best in the world." Can Gootecks & Mike Ross stay in there and hold their title?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    intalect wrote: »
    and people ? about the roster well wait for Tekken X Street Fighter $100 says their roster will be enormous as hell just look at Tekken Tag 2!

lol the roster in this game is bigger than any Tekken game Im pretty sure, not sure how many are in Tag 2 but theres more characters in this game than in MVC2

The Tekken X SF roster is all fan vote, you can vote for 5 characters on each side here:

http://www.facebook.com/tekken?sk=wall
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard someone say it plays closer to Rival Schools/Project Justice more than anything.

anyone CS this?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    You cant play co-op 2 off vs 2 online on the 360 version

Updated: 2 player Street Fighter X Tekken co-op mode on Xbox 360 won't be fixed, problem on Microsoft's end

Updated: Svensson has posted a new comment on this matter at hand.

Bad news for people hoping to play the 2 player co-op mode in Street Fighter X Tekken with an in-person friend against others online on the Xbox 360, as Capcom USA vice president, Christian Svensson, recently explained the situation.

Will 2 player local co-op on Xbox Live be patched in for the 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken? — Weegee

Svensson: It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 Xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 Xboxes)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

Svensson: I'm going to be looking into this issue further btw. I'm also a bit confused by the feedback from the team.
  • Alkindus
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lol already addicted, game is mad fun

So far it's Yoshi and Paul, I really dig how they dig how they did the Tekken cast, fighting feels fresh 2 lol kinda like project justice

u guys were right, the lil arcade piggybank is fragile as ? , took me a while to build it lmao

gonna try out the 2vs.2 offline multiplayer in a min
  • Alkindus
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    I heard someone say it plays closer to Rival Schools/Project Justice more than anything.

anyone CS this?

yeah first thing it reminded me of, it's great fun
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Three minor problems. One is you can't select your second partner at the beginning a round and the CPU doesn't start off with the second fighter the second round like Rival Schools did. Second, doing a normal tag in, they can't block which they'll get hit easily. Last is it'll be better if you fight until both fighters are beat instead of just one.

Other than that, it's a fun addictive game. Cole is playable, how you play as Pacman and Megaman though you see their faces on the character select screen?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Pacman/Megaman dlc comes out on March 13th for PS3
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Capcom sponsored this SF X Tekken short film, they did a good job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_HaEf62h4

SF X Tekken tv spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9oiE-Wj0J4
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Three minor problems. One is you can't select your second partner at the beginning a round and the CPU doesn't start off with the second fighter the second round like Rival Schools did. Second, doing a normal tag in, they can't block which they'll get hit easily. Last is it'll be better if you fight until both fighters are beat instead of just one.

Other than that, it's a fun addictive game. Cole is playable, how you play as Pacman and Megaman though you see their faces on the character select screen?

lol youre supposed to be vulnerable if you do a raw tag in, it wouldnt make sense if it was sense if it was safe, people would just tag out and recover life everytime they were close to dying
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how you play as Pacman and Megaman though you see their faces on the character select screen?

Dont u have to download em?

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they patch the sound bug on the 13th, till then I'ma be a training mode monster.
  • intalect
    Options
    intalect wrote: »

lol the roster in this game is bigger than any Tekken game Im pretty sure, not sure how many are in Tag 2 but theres more characters in this game than in MVC2

The Tekken X SF roster is all fan vote, you can vote for 5 characters on each side here:

http://www.facebook.com/tekken?sk=wall

over 55 so numbers isn't a thing to namco
  • intalect
    Options
    lmao at hwoarangs ending that ? put them jets on that ass
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol I didnt know there was an install option , just did it hope it improves performance