Street Fighter X Tekken

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky

Team Spooky streaming SF X Tekken at Next Level in Brooklyn. 1st tournament for this game
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lmao ranked is so free, I played over 100 games in ranked yesterday and loss 3

And one of the games I lost was cause I got cocky and didnt tag out because I was bodying him so bad lol
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got my copy in the mail last night and so far i like it. The arcade bank was easier to put together than i thought. I think ima stick in training mode and the trials for a while to get used to the timing.
  • akademiiks kiid
    akademiiks kiid Members Posts: 12
    Options
    Yo paul is a beast most of the tekken characters are really good
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SFxT devblog
    Hi everyone, this is Ayano.

With Street Fighter X Tekken going on sale today in Japan, I suspect a lot of you out there are busy training up your skills! However, we are aware of the sound issues that occur when playing matches online.

The new netcode implemented in Street Fighter X Tekken allows for up to 4 players to have a smooth online experience, however depending on the connection stability between players, things like “spontaneous match rollback,” “voice effects cutting out,” and “sound effects cutting out” also are occurring. This netcode is written in a completely different way than the Street Fighter IV series netcode, and that is why these problems are occurring.

As Street Fighter X Tekken is a tag battle game, the amount of data that is exchanged between player connections is a lot more than the normal 1v1 battles of the Street Fighter IV series. In order to compensate for this and provide a smooth gameplay experience, the netcode was written the way it currently is. Unfortunately, this has also brought on the sound problems we are having now.

In order to completely fix all the sound issues, the smoothness of the online gameplay has to be traded off, so it is a very complicated and difficult balancing act. We would like everyone to know that the development team is currently looking at various ways to improve the sound issues.

We will have additional updates on this and other things soon, so please stay tuned. Thank you all for your understanding.

That’s it from me. Everyone please enjoy Street Fighter X Tekken.

See you all next blog!

smfh.......
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cant play co-op 2 off vs 2 online on the 360 version

Updated: 2 player Street Fighter X Tekken co-op mode on Xbox 360 won't be fixed, problem on Microsoft's end

Updated: Svensson has posted a new comment on this matter at hand.

Bad news for people hoping to play the 2 player co-op mode in Street Fighter X Tekken with an in-person friend against others online on the Xbox 360, as Capcom USA vice president, Christian Svensson, recently explained the situation.

Will 2 player local co-op on Xbox Live be patched in for the 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken? — Weegee

Svensson: It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 Xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 Xboxes)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

Svensson: I'm going to be looking into this issue further btw. I'm also a bit confused by the feedback from the team.

another LOSS for 360 nerds
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    The Excellent Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross Season 5 Ep. 2 - BALL HOGS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgu9g1vmceU
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some pretty decent costume in there, some wack ones

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao Black Dynamite alt for Dudley

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    lmao Black Dynamite alt for Dudley

lol its Tiger from Tekken Tag and Tekken 3
  • Alkindus
    Options
    lol ok so I just kicked some azz online

Now I know why the audio is non existent: the online is so so, difference between night and day compared to soul calibur 5, I forgot how it was to fight with lag lol

but yeah regarding the audio: Capcom didn't bother to tune it down, I mean when you ko someone, the sound is obviously there but during the match,its not really that present(the sfx)....I think they did this on purpose to camouflage the lag a lil bit or because they simply didn't finish it before the deadline? they need to patch it asap

dont get me wrong it aint MK/KoF bad and not all matches suffer from lag, but ? should be way better
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a ? been in training mode, 19 trials down with Kazuya, I gotta be a beast with him. I wanted to main Balrog but I dont think charge characters are gonna do much work in this ? . Rolento is cool too, feels a little slower than I thought he would be.

Right now I'm leaning towards a Juri/Kazuya team. And because of the way cross assaults and all that other ? is set up I might have to buy an arcade stick smh. I had my buttons set up how I had in SF4 and this ? is nothing like SF4. I actually NEED a medium punch this time.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    howo do i play co-op online with my homie? i tried earlier but couldn't figure out how to do it. i read that 2 people can play online thru one ps3 but i can't seem to figure out how to get it done
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Majority of the alternate costumes look awful. I like both of King's.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Good ? with BCotton yesterday. I'm a beast with those Tekken characters. I gotta work on my technique, though. I freeze up and ? at times.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Good ? with BCotton yesterday. I'm a beast with those Tekken characters. I gotta work on my technique, though. I freeze up and ? at times.

lol ? gotta learn to just go in and stop respecting the other player
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Street Fighter X Tekken: Excellent Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross Season 5 ep. #3 - Broken Tier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcaGOoByYfs

After a crushing defeat at the hands of AntiUni, Gootecks & Mike Ross sought redemption. Once thoroughly convinced with their own performance, the duo encountered the one and only Paul Koogler of Broken Tier...
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Desk had this to say about his latest Street Fighter X Tekken video, hit the link to read the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzVKAq_iOLg

I can't take credit for being first to document it, the after effects of the float glitch turned up a week ago on Dath1rd's YouTube channel but I was still hyped when I figured out how to do it. Yet another vid showed up a few hours ago showing how it's done and even though I wanted to have a bit of time before editing CMV2 together and releasing it, I kind of feel like I had to get it done today since my opening clip was going to have a massively reduced impact :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Capcom and their "pull a leg over a brother" marketing...ever since the idea of DLC became widespread they've been abusing it. But they aren't the only offender.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    lol da ? mayneeeeee?!?! my BP are gone, lost a couple of matches and they dissapeared lol...? happened yesterday, where was the promised patch btw? it just said that it couldnt get in the PS store

anyway, I'm having a lot of fun, the game really needs a combo breaker though.....like really bad....any of you played against any pros online? well the game is broken...pros be glitching the ? outta the juggles/combos...they can't really patch that, they could add some recovery moves/combo breaker though to even things out a bit.

• Bcotton5
    Options
    yea my BP disappeared too, I was over 3000 then I played yesterday and it wasa at 2600