Non religious black females.

Options

Comments

• Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Oh, ok, but there is something that created us; I don't know who started it all?

I don't think there was something that created us, after all we weren't the first species on Earth. I'm not going to argue this though, people believe what they want.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    I don't think there was something that created us, after all we weren't the first species on Earth. I'm not going to argue this though, people believe what they want.

Cool, you believe what you believe. So, you're an atheist?
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Cool, you believe what you believe. So, you're an atheist?

yup. I was a Christian up until I was 17.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »

One of my history teachers said this same thing and I remembered that when one of my science teachers said something like, "For all we know, we could be playing a minor role in something major. We could be in someone's petri dish as they manipulate us and our surroundings to observe the outcome" or something like that.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    And then you resort to "pretending" that I'm mad and "pretending" that I am irked and got something to hide because you have nothing else to say to me. You are doing what your theory suggests. The fact is you made an ignorant generalization, I kicked your ? in for it and now you're reverting to fallacy because.....wait let me read your post, because "you can't argue logically". Next time, say what you mean and mean what you say and then you won't have to talk in circles about what you did and did not when someone calls you out on it.

Wow, that was easy.

So are you gonna show me one of these quotes when i generalize all women or not?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    One of my history teachers said this same thing and I remembered that when one of my science teachers said something like, "For all we know, we could be playing a minor role in something major. We could be in someone's petri dish as they manipulate us and our surroundings to observe the outcome" or something like that.

I've heard the same, that and we're simply someone's incredible dream or like one of many marbles from that scene in Men in Black
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Most women arent religious. They just were raised in a church.

If I bring a hoe to a Christian church, does that make her a Christian?

If the majority of women weren't raised in a church these females wouldnt even step foot in one.

But its kinda like tradition. Many parents force their kids to go, so when they get older, they figure thats what they have to do.

"my momma brought us to church, so thats what Im gonna do."
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    I've heard the same that and we're simply someone's incredible dream or like one of many marbles in Men in Black

Or an ant farm thats getting really crowded.
  • Focal Point
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Or an ant farm thats getting really crowded.

yeah it's kinda humbling... because we truly don't know what else is out there or how far the universe stretches or what's outside or surrounds the universe itself
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So are you gonna show me one of these quotes when i generalize all women or not?

I just showed you a quote. I don't care if it has "all" in it. You're walking in circles now, you look like a damn idiot. Next time you have an itching to rant about women be less general or you're gonna be on your feet for a longass time.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I just showed you a quote. I don't care if it has "all" in it. You're walking in circles now, you look like a damn idiot. Next time you have an itching to rant about women be less general or you're gonna be on your feet for a longass time.

Generalization is when you say all, where in my post did i say all?
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Generalization is when you say all, where in my post did i say all?

? , shut the ? up. You do not have to say all to make a generalizations, if that was the case myself and several other ppl on this board wouldn't constantly be accused of making them. You got caught and now you're dancing around, shut the ? up and get over it already.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? , shut the ? up. You do not have to say all to make a generalizations, if that was the case myself and several other ppl on this board wouldn't constantly be accused of making them. You got caught and now you're dancing around, shut the ? up and get over it already.

Generationalization is when you paint one thing with a broad brush, at no point did i ever say all. You are reaching for straws right now straw man.
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds the T/S's avi pic offensive?
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Generationalization is when you paint one thing with a broad brush, at no point did i ever say all. You are reaching for straws right now straw man.

You can make generalizations in several ways, you do not need to say "all", no one in the world uses that stardard. You probably don't even use that standard, you're only using it now because YOU're the one reaching to refrain from losing and looking like an idiot. You've already lost, get the ? over it.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You can make generalizations in several ways, you do not need to say "all", no one in the world uses that stardard. You probably don't even use that standard, you're only using it now because YOU're the one reaching to refrain from losing and looking like an idiot. You've already lost, get the ? over it.

You are the one that made assumptions and made statements claiming i said them and have no proof to back them up. If this was court, Judge Mathis would scold you, just admit you like the attention i am giving you and acall it a day.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You are the one that made assumptions and made statements claiming i said them and have no proof to back them up. If this was court, Judge Mathis would scold you, just admit you like the attention i am giving you and acall it a day.

LOL you're such an idiot. If Judge Mathis had a convo with you and you said that ignorant ? to him he would scold YOU, not me. The whole court would point and laugh at your obvious ignorance followed by a slick comment from the bailiff.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL you're such an idiot. If Judge Mathis had a convo with you and you said that ignorant ? to him he would scold YOU, not me. The whole court would point and laugh at your obvious ignorance followed by a slick comment from the bailiff.

OK Judge Joe Brown, he seems senile enough.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    OK Judge Joe Brown, he seems senile enough.

Brown promotes manhood and protects womanhood, your sexist ass wouldn't last a minute LOL.
  • Focal Point
    edited June 2010
    Options
    smh @ this ? ... take that ? to the ? you two
  • Hisoka
    Hisoka Members Posts: 83
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds the T/S's avi pic offensive?

What is offensive about it?

You can say this pic is a representation of the true nature of people, and the world we live in.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religious females/Theists are much better than Atheist females.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

Easier to control because they've already accepted patriarchal dominance via a monotheistic religion
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »

Easier to control because they've already accepted patriarchal dominance via a monotheistic religion

Right.

I'm not totally against religion but ppl need to realize that it's a form of control. I'm talking about every religion not just christianity cuz it's easier to speak up against. Talking islam, judaism etc as well.

The only reason why i think religion can be good for some ppl is that since it is a form of control it can help some ppl walk a straight line & become a better person. A very rare case in reality tho of course. I honestly believe one reason religious stories were made was to have ppl fear something unknown. At a time when there was no laws or nothing now some ppl could at least fear repurcussions of their actions. If i do this what's gonna happen to me? The fear of the unknown. Just like the fear of ghosts/spirits (or spirituality), which alot of religions (ie. christianity & islam) uses alot.

Problem is that they ppl use religion to click up, war against, belittle anyone who doesn't believe in what they believe or for other agendas. That is why most of societies worst ppl are "religious".

I mean islam for example is a political religion more than anything else & that's why i hate seeing black muslims talk ? about christianity like they're not in the same boat, just being slaves for an arabic culture that had a large hand in slavery too. So now you pray to an arab ? , live an arabic culture, read a holy book in arabic etc. even tho they're just using you like any other religion or culture as well .