Non religious black females.

Options

Comments

• isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    there is no such thing as religious American women. Muslim women/men are religious, they practice their religion to a tee, you hoes just believe in Jesus.

Fooley, that's not nice. *Hits Fooley on the wrist with a ruler*
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Fooley, that's not nice. *Hits Fooley on the wrist with a ruler*

Least that dude knows the difference.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    soulljah t wrote: »
    least that dude knows the difference.

shots fired
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    I don't think you really know the difference. You probably don't even understand Religion, how are you gonna tell someone who isn't Religious in the least that they are Religious anyway because they are believrs in something THEY deem is real & you deem as "magic"? You obviously don't know Religion. And non-believers are no smarter, capable or confident in their own senses than those who choose to believe in their own personal ? . You're just really closed-minded and obviously athiest so you think anyone who believes in a ? period are dumb, "religious", don't have minds of their own, "hocus pocus" believers, and all that other ? .

I know your still a smart girl. And there are religious people who are otherwise very smart. I'm not trying to demean you. I have my view, you have yours. Let me ask this: could you be with a man who wasn't religious, nor spiritual, but just about science?
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    shots fired

haha stop being silly.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »
    I know your still a smart girl. And there are religious people who are otherwise very smart. I'm not trying to demean you. I have my view, you have yours. Let me ask this: could you be with a man who wasn't religious, nor spiritual, but just about science?

While it is still important to me, there are still believers who are evil people, so yeah I would give one a chance. It's the person he is that matters to me, not what he chooses to believe in....now if he was this roaring athiest who makes it known all the time, hates ? and ? , no. But if he is just not sure and believes in science i don't see why not, if he's a good person who fits my compatibility lvl, everything else can be worked out. When I talk to a guy his spirituality is not even the first on my mind.....it is later down the line when ppl marry & have children, tryna decide what to teach them, then they realize, whoa....he doesn't believe in ? ???
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hisoka wrote: »
    Where do you find this anomaly?

there's a ton of them believe it or not. most will INDENTIFY with christianity because thats the common religion. but if you had a convo with them ... you'd see that they are more spiritual than religious. then you have a vast amount who are ecentric (as far as mainstream culture)
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    While it is still important to me, there are still believers who are evil people, so yeah I would give one a chance. It's the person he is that matters to me, not what he chooses to believe in....now if he was this roaring athiest who makes it known all the time, hates ? and ? , no. But if he is just not sure and believes in science i don't see why not, if he's a good person who fits my compatibility lvl, everything else can be worked out. When I talk to a guy his spirituality is not even the first on my mind.....it is later down the line when ppl marry & have children, tryna decide what to teach them, then they realize, whoa....he doesn't believe in ? ???

Nice. I have this issue with my gf, she's not church-going, but she's a believer and prays, etc. She handles me pretty well though. I can appreciate any woman who doesn't automatically assume that atheism/agnosticism is sinister. I feel like as long as you both have values, morals, similar goals for your children it shouldn't even be an issue.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice. I have this issue with my gf, she's not church-going, but she's a believer and prays, etc. She handles me pretty well though. I can appreciate any woman who doesn't automatically assume that atheism/agnosticism is sinister. I feel like as long as you both have values, morals, similar goals for your children it shouldn't even be an issue.

That's how I am...I don't do that church ? , just believe and pray, but my bf always wants me to go when the subject comes up...

And it's how the person deals with their athiesm that makes all the difference...like the ones who are angry and always popping ? about ? and their known hate for it, those ppl can suck it, I hate those kinds. But same with believers, I don't like men who are bible humpers, always talking about his love for ? , church, the bible and what I should or should not do. Annoys the ? outta me...
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    there is no such thing as religious American women. Muslim women/men are religious, they practice their religion to a tee, you hoes just believe in Jesus.

Well, religion is a strong belief in something.
    So, if they truly believe in Jesus, ? , Mary, Joseph, and the rest of the crew and the things they went through/did, then who's to say they aren't religious?

Or are you trying to say that if you don't live exactly by the bible, or whatever book your religion follows, you're not religious?
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *Throws Bible in the open furnace*
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    So, if they truly believe in Jesus, ? , Mary, Joseph, and the rest of the crew and the things they went through/did, then who's to say they aren't religious?

Or are you trying to say that if you don't live exactly by the bible, or whatever book your religion follows, you're not religious?

Yes, that's how I feel at least. Your spirituality is what suits you personally, not what everyone else follows, which includes those who also calls themselves christian, if you're that.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't think you really know the difference. You probably don't even understand Religion, how are you gonna tell someone who isn't Religious in the least that they are Religious anyway because they are believrs in something THEY deem is real & you deem as "magic"? You obviously don't know Religion. And non-believers are no smarter, capable or confident in their own senses than those who choose to believe in their own personal ? . You're just really closed-minded and obviously athiest so you think anyone who believes in a ? period are dumb, "religious", don't have minds of their own, "hocus pocus" believers, and all that other ? .

i underestand religion....and am a non-believer

i dont think im smarter than someone who believes, just have a different worldview

difficult for me to believe that theres someone upthere/somewhere all-knowing and watching, doesnt make sense to me

doesnt make me smarter tho....
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice. I have this issue with my gf, she's not church-going, but she's a believer and prays, etc. She handles me pretty well though. I can appreciate any woman who doesn't automatically [bold]assume that atheism/agnosticism is sinister[/bold]. I feel like as long as you both have values, morals, similar goals for your children it shouldn't even be an issue.

^^^this is the feeling i get a lot of the time from people too...its like if you dont believe like they do, you must be evil
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

basically. Belief in a ? does not make you religious, it makes you a theist. Theism is the belief in a deity or ? . Being religious involves extreme devotion. It entails actively practicing your faith, by obeying the laws, rules, and ideals of the scripture.

1 : relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity
    2 : of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances
    3 a : scrupulously and conscientiously faithful

None of you hoes are actually religious. If you were, you would be bowing down to men and you wouldn't believe you were equal to them. You just believe in a ? . You don't actually follow scripture. You basically follow what you THINK your ? would want. You interpret ? the way you think it should be and not by what it actually states.
  • Hisoka
    Hisoka Members Posts: 83
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What do y'all have against religious women?
    Is it that they believe in ? , that they're involved in church, both, or something else?

I should have picked a better title. I have no problem with a religion like Buddhism, something of the sort, but I can take the Christian/Islamic faith.

I couldn't have them nagging me going to church, or expecting me to pray with them.

Of course I"m a non believer, and you know most religious people are not down with that. Or they will try to convert you, and eventually abandon you when they realize it's a lost cause.

In some ways, I'm disgusted with the way they think.

"? is so good, his all merciful." *takes a look at my avi*
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    According to Christians, HELL
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hisoka wrote: »
    I should have picked a better title. I have no problem with a religion like Buddhism, something of the sort, but I can take the Christian/Islamic faith.

I couldn't have them nagging me going to church, or expecting me to pray with them.

Of course I"m a non believer, and you know most religious people are not down with that. Or they will try to convert you, and eventually abandon you when they realize it's a lost cause.

In some ways, I'm disgusted with the way they think.

"? is so good, his all merciful." *takes a look at my avi*

yeah that avi is serious....

i find this funny too when people say goes is good and loving and merciful

they must not watch the news or go outside too much...go down to the cancer ward at your local hospital and see how merciful ? is...
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i underestand religion....and am a non-believer

i dont think im smarter than someone who believes, just have a different worldview

difficult for me to believe that theres someone upthere/somewhere all-knowing and watching, doesnt make sense to me

doesnt make me smarter tho....

Well that's why I'm me and I have my own personal relationship and you're you who has your own world views. And I was replying to a particular post someone else made btw....
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well, life is like that.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah that avi is serious....

i find this funny too when people say goes is good and loving and merciful

they must not watch the news or go outside too much...go down to the cancer ward at your local hospital and see how merciful ? is...

This where you become disrespectful and let your irrational athiesm speak for you. You need to understand that ? didn't put us on the earth so that he could control us and what happens to us, that's not what it's about.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Everything isn't suppose to be peaches and creams (That's what She Said) and not everything suppose to be hell. It's goes hand and hand, you can't blame your creator on this. It's life, and it was suppose to happen.
  • Hisoka
    Hisoka Members Posts: 83
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This where you become disrespectful and let your irrational athiesm speak for you. You need to understand that ? didn't put us on the earth so that he could control us and what happens to us, that's not what it's about.

Do you believe that ? is all merciful?

Do you believe in a hell?

Do you think ? wants to be worshiped?

If not, why do you think he put us here?
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited June 2010
    Options

ohh...i see

im disrepectful...but youre calling me an irrational atheist is ok? got it

but youre rational believing that we were created and that somebody is watching over us

you have as much proof that there is a ? as i do that there isnt....

so save the lecture about what he did or didnt put us on earth for...

you have no clue....

if you want to be taken seriously...say you 'believe' he did this or that...

dont speak to me as if you solved all the riddles of the meaning of life...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's kind of hard for women not to be religious, because for the most part they are followers and lack logic except for a selective few like Blue Virgo.