Non religious black females.

Options

Comments

• Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    There you go. It's all about tolerance and believing.

I believe that it's really there. But that's my own personal spirituality, it's my own business what I believe. So w.e.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    I believe that it's really there. But that's my own personal spirituality, it's my own business what I believe. So w.e.

Well, everyone around my way feels the same except me.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well, everyone around my way feels the same except me.

try being a non-believer living in south Louisiana...

i avoid talking about ? and religion altogether
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    try being a non-believer living in south Louisiana...

i avoid talking about ? and religion altogether

Oh, man. Must be tough, but if I were to have a child. He won't believe none of that garbage, period.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh, man. Must be tough, but if I were to have a child. He won't believe none of that garbage, period.

Dude that's wrong. Firstly, ? is not "garbage". Quit confusing Religion with real spirituality. That kid should have a right to find out about ? , and if he wants to believe then that's good, if he doesn't that's his choice, but you shouldn't keep that right from a kid. He isn't you, but his own person and if he wants to believe that's his business.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dude that's wrong. Firstly, ? is not "garbage". Quit confusing Religion with real spirituality. That kid should have a right to find out about ? , and if he wants to believe then that's good, if he doesn't that's his choice, but you shouldn't keep that right from a kid. He isn't you, but his own person and if he wants to believe that's his business.

Nah, it isn't. I don't want him to believe in something that's not guarantee. It leads up to false hope and inconsistencies, but that's just me.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My future children will NOT be going to church.

Religious women, if you knew this about a guy the first time you met him, how would that impact your thoughts on him.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited June 2010
    Options

these are your opinions...everybody doesnt believe in ? ...at all...there really isnt any proof of Gods existence either way

if a person doesnt want to expose their kid to religion---thats their right

kids, until they are of age to even understand these concepts, only know what their parents tell them...ive been to church and its full of kids who #1 dont wanna be there and #2 dont understand whats going on anyway
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

When you tell a kid about "? " at such an early age, of course the child is going to be inclined to accept it if their parent believes it. There's not much freedom of choice there. You could teach a kid that ? is a giant meercat living on the moon and they'd accept it if it comes from their parent.

Just accept that not everyone believes in the christian/islam/judaism/etc version of "? ". Spirituality is still a belief in the supernatural. I'd just want my kid to get science, that's it.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nah, it isn't. I don't want him to believe in something that's not guarantee. It leads up to false hope and inconsistencies, but that's just me.

UGH you don't get it. Spirituality is not about what you choose to make him believe, it's about his own personal choice to establish whatever relationship he wants with his own ? . It's not up to you to telll him or anyone else what is false or guaranteed. That's HIS own choice, it's none of your business what his personal spirituality should be. He should have a right to find out if it's something he wants to pursue, it has nothing to do with you or your beliefs, but his own. That's the point of having your own personal relationship, it involves no one else but you and ? . You odn't know the answers so quit forcing your beliefs on others. If he doesn't wanna form a relationship then that's his business and his choice, not yours. You're wrong for that.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    these are your opinions...everybody doesnt believe in ? ...at all...there really isnt any proof of Gods existence either way

if a person doesnt want to expose their kid to religion---thats their right

kids, until they are of age to even understand these concepts, only know what their parents tell them...ive been to church and its full of kids who #1 dont wanna be there and #2 dont understand whats going on anyway

I don't go to church, don't want to. And as a parent you need to let your child be who he/she wants to believe. Finding out about ? doesn't mean he/she has to believe, they can either believe or not believe, the point is they have that right to find out and make a decision. Child or teen, whatever, he didn't specificy the age of the child, the point is they should have a right.
  • NastyNasty
    edited June 2010
    Options
    For ? 's sake it'd be so much easier to tell the average female (black sistahs especially as they're more religious), that your a christian. People will accept so much ? if you just pretend to be a "good christian man!". "Good christian men" can get away much more than an atheist can.

Christians can fornicate, smoke, drink, fight, abuse, etc.But as long as they call themselves a "christian" -- Oh no, that's a goooood christian man right there. Better go snatch him up! Atheism is devilish!!!
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    UGH you don't get it. Spirituality is not about what you choose to make him believe, it's about his own personal choice to establish whatever relationship he wants with his own ? . It's not up to you to terlll him or nayone else what is false or guaranteed. That's HIS own chocie, it's none of your business what his eprsonal spirituality should be. He should have a right to find out if it's something he wnats to pursue, it has nothing to do with you or your beliefs, but his own. That's the point of having your own personal rleationship, it involves no one else but you and ? . You odn't know the answers so quit forcing your beliefs on others. If he doesn't wanna form a rleationship then that's his busines sand his choice, not yours. You're wrong for that.

I feel you on that. You believe in an higher being, and you prolly had experienced its greatness, but I have not. The reason why I believe in what I believe in. You're spiritually because you have a close relationship with your creator meaning you don't abide by certain rules your religion, initially have as a prerequisite. You just believe in your creator dubbed "? " which it leads to spiritually belief. You also believe that he gets you thru the day, and you were brought on this planet because of him. I do not believe in that, I believe in a thing called fate. That's my creator, but I don't know it, so why speak of it?
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Those "christian" black girls don't understand their own spirituality, which goes for the rest of these ppl these days, they make ppl confuse the two.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sperling wrote: »
    we're around now if only there were more non-sheep people around in general.

lol...I was gonna use this avi but I was too lazy to resize it.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What do y'all have against religious women?
    Is it that they believe in ? , that they're involved in church, both, or something else?
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I feel you on that. You believe in an higher being, and you prolly had experienced its greatness, but I have not. The reason why I believe in what I believe in. You're spiritually because you have a close relationship with your creator meaning you don't abide by certain rules your religion, initially have as a prerequisite. You just believe in your creator dubbed "? " which it leads to spiritually belief. You also believe that he gets you thru the day, and you were brought on this planet because of him. I do not believe in that, I believe in a thing called fate. That's my creator, but I don't know it, so why speak of it?

Yes exactly, and thank you for TRYING to understand my spirituality opposed to these other guys in here who don't get it. I appeciate that. You got it kinda right. There are some things I go through that for myself I wanna reach out to ? just so someone can listen. I have my own beliefs. It's my own personal thing....no one else has to understand OUR relationship. These "christians" these days, you're right, i don't abide by their interpetation of the bible or their beliefs....I abide by my own personal relationship. I know christians who believe in things that do not apply to my own relationship...and I get offended when they try and tell me their's is right and mine is wrong....there is no right or wrong because we do not know YET....we will one day but not now....so they should just deal w their own relationship and let me deal w mine w.o judging me & forcing me to abide by their "religion". I know you don't believe in it, that's not wrong, it's your choice, but to say it's garbage and absolutely forbid your child or kid or whatever, from finding out on their own and making their own choice to me is very selfish and wrong. If they ever get that right they might be like me and find their own relationship, or they may be like you and not believe....it's just giving them that right that you should consider....
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes exactly, and thank you for TRYING to understand my spirituality opposed to these other guys in here who don't get it. I appeciate that. You got it kinda right. There are some things I go through that for myself I wanna reach out to ? just so someone can listen. I have my own beliefs. It's my own personal thing....no one else has to understand OUR relationship. These "christians" these days, you're right, i don't abide by their interpetation of the bible or their beliefs....I abide by my own personal relationship. I know christians who believe in things that do not apply to my own relationship...and I get offended when they try and tell me their's is right and mine is wrong....there is no right or wrong because we do not know YET....we will one day but not now....so they should just deal w their own relationship and let me deal w mine w.o judging me & forcing me to abide by their "religion". I know you don't believe in it, that's not wrong, it's your choice, but to say it's garbage and absolutely forbid your child or kid or whatever, from finding out on their own and making their own choice to me is very selfish and wrong. If they ever get that right they might be like me and find their own relationship, or they may be like you and not believe....it's just giving them that right that you should consider....

I meant Religion. Spirituality and Religion are two different things. I got it mixed up because of the word '? ' is used in context, my apologies. Like you said it's your relationship, and ONLY YOU. I understand. I just don't think I'll ever have that relationship.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I meant Religion. Spirituality and Religion are two different things. I got it mixed up because of the word '? ' is used in context, my apologies. Like you said it's your relationship, and ONLY YOU. I understand. I just don't think I'll ever have that relationship.

Well I tried to make you understand the difference, I emphasized it quite a lot. I'm not Religious either, it's a crock of unnecessary ? . Why do you need to over do the whole ? thing with all these other extra, unnecessary, ridiculous universally set rules? It's def ? and my kids wouldn't be religious either, but finding out about ? they will have the right.....I'll teach it to them...me and my bf are christians so why wouldnt you not teach your kids 'bout that spirituality? Anyway as for you, if you're happy without a personal relationship then as long as you're happy, I'm happy for you too.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well I tried to make you understand the difference, I emphasized it quite a lot. I'm not Religious either, it's a crock of unnecessary ? . Why do you need to over do the whole ? thing with all these other extra, unnecessary, ridiucous universally set rules? It's def ? and my kids wouldn't be religious either, but finding out about ? they will have the right.....I'll teach it to them...me and my bf are christians so why wouldnt you not teach your kids 'bout that spirituality? Anyway as for you, if you're happy without a personal relationship then as long as you're happy, I'm happy for you too.

Not happiness, it's just I never experienced it, and it's not that serious. I'm just Isayas.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not happiness, it's just I never experienced it, and it's not that serious. I'm just Isayas.

Not that serious TO YOU, sure.

And I'm just Soulljah.
  • NastyNasty
    edited June 2010
    Options

They are different, but its a cop-out women especially love to use. "Spirituality" still implies a belief in unscientific hocus pocus, so you might as well be religious as far as I'm concerned. Not believing in the man-made concept of "? " isn't evil. It's embracing the reality that in every likelyhood there is no masculine being in the sky called ? . There is the universe and its vast systems about which we are still learning. The concept of "? " is terrible to me. That worldview is so small and limited, in which your a slave to this esoteric being. It's more popular among women because many already live their lives as virtual slaves to male ? .

Which is why this thread was established. To appreciate women who believe in no supernatural drivel. Strong and smart women, cool with scientific evidence and their own senses.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »
    They are different, but its a cop-out women especially love to use. "Spirituality" still implies a belief in unscientific hocus pocus, so you might as well be religious as far as I'm concerned. Not believing in the man-made concept of "? " isn't evil. It's embracing the reality that in every likelyhood there is no masculine being in the sky called ? . There is the universe and its vast systems about which we are still learning. The concept of "? " is terrible to me. That worldview is so small and limited, in which your a slave to this esoteric being. It's more popular among women because many already live their lives as virtual slaves to male ? .

Which why this thread was established. To appreciate women who believe in no supernatural drivel. Strong and smarrt women, cool with scientific evidence and their own senses.

I don't think you really know the difference. You probably don't even understand Religion, how are you gonna tell someone who isn't Religious in the least that they are Religious anyway because they are believrs in something THEY deem is real & you deem as "magic"? You obviously don't know Religion. And non-believers are no smarter, capable or confident in their own senses than those who choose to believe in their own personal ? . You're just really closed-minded and obviously athiest so you think anyone who believes in a ? period are dumb, "religious", don't have minds of their own, "hocus pocus" believers, and all that other ? .
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not that serious TO YOU, sure.

And I'm just Soulljah.

Oops, thanks for correcting me. I forgot that time, heh, heh, heh. *Lurks silently*
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    What do y'all have against religious women?
    Is it that they believe in ? , that they're involved in church, both, or something else?

there is no such thing as religious American women. Muslim women/men are religious, they practice their religion to a tee, you hoes just believe in Jesus.