edited June 2010
    Options
    ^*Snickers at he/she's avi*
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Religions is a whole bunch of crock, if you ask me.

I agree....
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited June 2010
    Options
    none of these ? religious they just claim a religion

^^this

this has been my experience...

they all claim jesus, but out here in the street doing everything everybody else is doing...

and claim to love church....but hardly ever go
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    I agree....

I got into a debate argument with my mother. Ugh, she's a Christian, so you see where I'm goin' with this.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^*Snickers at he/she's avi*

....i dont know what to make of that avi either....
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ....i dont know what to make of that avi either....

That ? creeps me out.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got into a debate argument with my mother. Ugh, she's a Christian, so you see where I'm goin' with this.

Lol actually I'm a Christian, too. But to me Christianity in the bliblical sense is not a religion but an establishment of a personal relationship with ? . Christians today don't know that though, they're confused and media-influenced. That's what it should really be, what it's meant to be. But fake Christians today have slandered & tampered with the meaning by acting the way they do now, which is why ppl look down on it today. Ppl need to understand that fake christians don't represent real ones....those are just misguided ppl who are ignorant of their own spirituality.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol actually I'm a Christian, too. But to me Christianity in the bliblical sense is not a religion but an establishment of a personal relationship with ? . Christians today don't know that though, they're confused and media-influenced. That's what it should really be, what it's meant to be. But fake Christians today have slandered & tampered with the meaning by acting the way they do now, which is why ppl look down on it today. Ppl need to understand that fake christians don't represent real ones....those are just misguided ppl who are ignorant of their own spirituality.

Oh, man. I don't believe in any of that stuff, and never will, again. I remember a friend of mine was giving me good pts, but he, um, wasn't getting to me cuz I had faith, but don't believe in it, anymore.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh, man. I don't believe in any of that stuff, and never will, again. I remember a friend of mine was giving me good pts, but he, um, wasn't getting to me cuz I had faith, but don't believe in it, anymore.

Religion and spirituality are two different things, you realize that, right?

Or do you mean you just don't believe in ? altogether?
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Religion and spirituality are two different things, you realize that, right?

Or do you mean you just don't believe in ? altogether?

Of course, I know. I'm agnostic. There's a creator, but I don't know it, nor I don't think it has a gender. That's my belief, I haven't felt it, talk to it, and etc.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Man that's a rare find.

word...........
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course, I know. I'm agnostic. There's a creator, but I don't know it, nor I don't think it has a gender. That's my belief, I haven't felt it, talk to it, and etc.

Okay. I doubt it has a gender too in reality, I just say he to make convo easily. But you can't expect to talk to it or see it as you do with a human. You talk and he listens and watches over you, loves you, gives you strength.

Lol but ok, I see what you're saying. I'll let you discover it on your own.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Okay. I doubt it has a gender too in reality, I just say he to make convo easily. But you can't expect to talk to it or see it as you do with a human. You talk and he listens and watches over you, loves you, gives you strength.

I provided my own self strength and determination. Ever heard 'The worst foe Lies within oneself.'
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I provided my own self strength and determination. Ever heard 'The worst foe Lies within oneself.'

Of course you provide your own determination and strength, but he guides you, helps you. He put people here with free will, their own mind. If you want something to happen you gotta make it happen yourelf, he isn't gonna do it for you.

You know exactly what I meant. Of course I have my own self strength/determination. I put myself where I'm at today but I wouldn't be here if ? hadn't created me and gave me more strength, guidance to get through some of the worse times ever.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have a friend that's one of these.
    Quite an interesting girl, I must say...
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course you provide your own determineation and strength, but he guides you, helps you. He put people here with free will, their own mind. If you want something to happen you gotta make it happen yourelf, he isn't gonna do it for you.

You know exactly what I meant. Of course I have my own self strenght/determination. I put myself where I'm at today but I wouldn't be here if ? hadn't created me and gave me more strength, guidance to get through some of the worse times ever.

I'll pm you for more details.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Plenty........
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

This kind of statement implies non-believers are just lost, and haven't discovered "? " yet. This concept of the man/being in the sky isn't necessary for everyone. It is enough for many, to take the universe as it comes through continued scientific discovery, rather than make assumptions. The universe is so much more interesting and complex than anything man-made stories have to offer. I understand the need to feel as though there is a loving, guiding presence watching over you (women especially love this concept), but I think this comfort can come without religion.

Your definition of "religious" is certainly new. Never heard someone describe themselves as both a Christian and non-religious. Christianity is a religion. Seems as though maybe you want distance yourself from that word that has come under fire in recent times -- "religious".
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »
    This kind of statement implies non-believers are just lost, and haven't discovered "? " yet. This concept of the man/being in the sky isn't necessary for everyone. It is enough for many, to take the universe as it comes through continued scientific discovery, rather than make assumptions. The universe is so much more interesting and complex than anything man-made stories have to offer. I understand the need to feel as though there is a loving, guiding presence watching over you (women especially love this concept), but I think this comfort can come without religion.

Your definition of "religious" is certainly new. Never heard someone describe themselves as both a Christian and non-religious. Christianity is a religion. Seems as though maybe you want distance yourself from that word that has come under fire in recent times -- "religious".

Christianity is not supposed to be a religion, in the biblical sense it is supposed to be a personal relationship with ? , & only that. It's fake ignorant Christians these days who have made it into a religion, a taboo. Religion and spirituality are not the same thing. If you talk to real, old school ppl who call themselves christians they will tell you what I tell you. My christian friends, young and old & different cultures will tell you the same thing. To us being a christian means beliving that jesus is our savior and establishing relations with ? , personally & not universally. Christians today have twisted the whole meaning resulting in ppl like you who believe it's something it shouldn't be, judging ppl like me & ones I know to think we don't know what we're talking about when we are actually educated on our spirituality. I think I would know about my own spirituality, thanks. You don't have to agree or believe, but don't tell me I'm wrong for my personal beliefs or accuse me of doing ? I'm not doing just cuz you don't believe in what I do.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Didn't really read any previous post but it seems as if a chic that's spent an extented amount of time like in a foster home environment would be a candidate for this. I'm talkin' a woman that's been through hell and back. But black woman are the most resilient creature I know so even through all that she'll find a reason to believe in something...
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course you provide your own determination and strength, but he guides you, helps you. He put people here with free will, their own mind. If you want something to happen you gotta make it happen yourelf, he isn't gonna do it for you.

You know exactly what I meant. Of course I have my own self strength/determination. I put myself where I'm at today but I wouldn't be here if ? hadn't created me and gave me more strength, guidance to get through some of the worse times ever.

he guides you and helps you, but he wont do it for you?

ive seen people pray for everything from jobs to cars to disease cures....

this is my problem with religion and belief in ? ....its too arbitrary to subjective...you dont know that theres a ? , you believe there is, and youve turned him/it/whatever into some kind of sky fairy, who sorta has a hands off poilcy...

what makes you think that ? (if there even is one) who could create this universe and all the planets, stars, and galaxies, and everything in them, would care about your day to day existence? wouldnt he/it/whatever have better things to do?

obviously i am not a beleiver
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »

Nasty, I agree with you on that due to I don't think that's even possible for whomever created to come talk to me, and feel its presence. It's all just faith, but I don't put faith in anything I can't see hear, or feel, that's just me.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    he guides you and helps you, but he wont do it for you?

ive seen people pray for everything from jobs to cars to disease cures....

this is my problem with religion and belief in ? ....its too arbitrary to subjective...you dont know that theres a ? , you believe there is, and youve turned him/it/whatever into some kind of sky fairy, who sorta has a hands off poilcy...

what makes you think that ? (if there even is one) who could create this universe and all the planets, stars, and galaxies, and everything in them, would care about your day to day existence? wouldnt he/it/whatever have better things to do?

obviously i am not a beleiver

Of course he won't do it for you, then what would be the point in putting us on this planet for? We were all put here on our own free will.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nasty, I agree with you on that due to I don't think that's even possible for whomever created to come talk to me, and feel its presence. It's all just faith, but I don't put faith in anything I can't see hear, or feel, that's just me.

Yeah, it's all faith....I have it.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, it's all faith....I have it.

There you go. It's all about tolerance and believing.