Big K.R.I.T - 4eva & A Day Discussion Thread (Out March 5)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    HLF wrote: »
    ? jams fa sho. Im gonna need him to step outside the box tho.

What's "the box"?

Him staying in that smooth southern style rap.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? jams fa sho. Im gonna need him to step outside the box tho.

What's "the box"?

Him staying in that smooth southern style rap.
    That's not a box, that's a lane
  • Stew
    Options
    Same thing man.
  • StillDreaming
    Options
    Same thing man.

Give examples of what you would consider stepping out the box for KRIT?
  • Stew
    Options
    Do something different then what he's been doing. All of his mixtapes are in the same lane. He needs to open up, show more charisma, something.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^yeah with the amount of ? he releasing his sound getting kind of old...and thats without an album and to people that say he dont got bangers they not have listened to k.r.i.t wuz here.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same thing man.

I think thats where he wants to be.....I dont think he should aim low....but it could just be the type of music he's comfortbale with making until he can get a larger fan base

• Stew
    Options
    Same thing man.

I think thats where he wants to be.....I dont think he should aim low....but it could just be the type of music he's comfortbale with making until he can get a larger fan base

What do u mean "aim low"?
  • Birdman's Hands
    Birdman's Hands Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Options
    This mixtape is fire and I see few newcomers shaiking the game like Krit, but i feel what HLF is saying he shouldn't limit himself to making only the southern ? type of music. I know he still trying to get people familiar with his sound but production wise KWH, R4, and 4EvaNaDay sound too much alike imo.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two quick listens.....great mixtape.......The Alarm is a powerful Outro......
  • StillDreaming
    Options
    Do something different then what he's been doing. All of his mixtapes are in the same lane. He needs to open up, show more charisma, something.

Its too country for you
  • Stew
    Options

Its too country for you

No its not. I like his ? , alot, just think he needs to bring something else to the table to be successful. If he does, he will blow up. See..Outkast.

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit the truth this ? makes the smoothest music out right now.

Another great mixtape.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    got caught up, just got to downloading
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The best song on there to me is Boobie Miles....that ? is just to smooth...
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    its a great mixtape, but it sounds almost exactly the same as krit wuz here and return of 4eva. sound like an old outkast album to me.
  • southernmade
    Options
    Same thing man.

I want him to want more than just staying in the "country rap tunes' lane because I think dude is real talented and shouldnt limit his self to one sound....I want him to have a broader sound as well but I also understand he's trying to build something instead of just having one hit with a bunch of filler on the album...

as long as he doesnt go pop I'm content with the music he's making....we need balance in the mainstream.....you have ? doing the pop ? and the trap ? .....we need something else....to represent southern music
  • Stew
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Same thing man.

I want him to want more than just staying in the "country rap tunes' lane because I think dude is real talented and shouldnt limit his self to one sound....I want him to have a broader sound as well but I also understand he's trying to build something instead of just having one hit with a bunch of filler on the album...

as long as he doesnt go pop I'm content with the music he's making....we need balance in the mainstream.....you have ? doing the pop ? and the trap ? .....we need something else....to represent southern music

See man Im glad i dont think like the majority. I wouldnt mind him going pop if he did it right. Thats the only chance you have at making it to Super Star status ie...Kanye, TI, Kast, Jay and still make great music. You separate yourself from the others.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this ? . He did it again.

This plays like a soundtrack to somethin. It kind of lacks a banger, but the smooth mellow ? is dope too. And it aint an album anyway, just a free mixtape so no complaints over not having a banger.

on first listen Wake Up, Me and My Old School, Country Rap Tunes, 1986, and The Alarm stand out.
  • StillDreaming
    Options
    After first listen this is amazing work.

Wake Up
    Boobie Miles
    4evaNaday theme
    Me and My Old School
    Country Rap Tunes
    Sky Club
    Package Store
    Temptation
    Handwriting(favorite so far)
    Insomnia
    The Alarm

This grown man music

SMH @ me for leaving out Yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MobQKNReVnk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I hope Ross takes the same introspective route with GFID. This tape is very well executed
  • southernmade
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Same thing man.

See man Im glad i dont think like the majority. I wouldnt mind him going pop if he did it right. Thats the only chance you have at making it to Super Star status ie...Kanye, TI, Kast, Jay and still make great music. You separate yourself from the others.

You have a point....but Jay...Kast....Ti....all took until at least they're second and even third (TI) album to get mainstream love. Hell it took kast until Ms. Jackson to really cross over, and even then they were still talkin about real ? . I want dude to blow and get to the next level but he has to have a solid foundaton first.....he has to start somewhere....

• Stew
    Options
    Same thing man.

You have a point....but Jay...Kast....Ti....all took until at least they're second and even third (TI) album to get mainstream love. Hell it took kast until Ms. Jackson to really cross over, and even then they were still talkin about real ? . I want dude to blow and get to the next level but he has to have a solid foundaton first.....he has to start somewhere....

Fair enough.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to "I Got This"?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a great mixtape, but it sounds almost exactly the same as krit wuz here and return of 4eva. sound like an old outkast album to me.

Considering kast has about three classics I think you just paid that man a huge complement .....

But as far as the project it sounds impressive on first listen .... I wish these cats would grasp this concept that krit has seemed to have mastered which is Cohession! All his projects have a great cohesive sound and feel .... This isn't a project with just q bunch of hot songs and I can appreciate that .... This ? gets mo play in the whip
  • StillDreaming
    Options

Its too country for you

No its not. I like his ? , alot, just think he needs to bring something else to the table to be successful. If he does, he will blow up. See..Outkast.

Exactly. Its TOO country for u. You want KRIT to add some pop elements to his music. I think Krit is good where he's at, i hope he doesn't try to sell out he's too talented for that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRUEcwX1Jmo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This discussion has been closed.