Big K.R.I.T - 4eva & A Day Discussion Thread (Out March 5)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    HLF wrote: »
    Do something different then what he's been doing. All of his mixtapes are in the same lane. He needs to open up, show more charisma, something.

Its too country for you

No its not. I like his ? , alot, just think he needs to bring something else to the table to be successful. If he does, he will blow up. See..Outkast.

Exactly. Its TOO country for u. You want KRIT to add some pop elements to his music. I think Krit is good where he's at, i hope he doesn't try to sell out he's too talented for that

I want KRIT to add more to his artillery, if he doesnt he wont blow up. I wanna see more Kanye's, Jay's, TI's in rap, if your that talented, make a name for yourself, let the world know. Just my thoughts *shrugs*
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Krit is gonna be here for a long time, got too much soul, creativity...he knows what he doing, staying true to himself. really projects himself on all his songs...cant wait for this summer when Live from the Underground drops
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    What happened to "I Got This"?

I was wondering the same thing....it sounded dope when he performed it at the concert....might be saving it for Live from the underground.....thats the only reason I can think of why he didnt put it on 4evaNADay....then again "? these haters and ? these hoes" is in the hook so it wasnt going to be a song for radio anyway....

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    its a great mixtape, but it sounds almost exactly the same as krit wuz here and return of 4eva. sound like an old outkast album to me.

Considering kast has about three classics I think you just paid that man a huge complement .....

But as far as the project it sounds impressive on first listen .... I wish these cats would grasp this concept that krit has seemed to have mastered which is Cohession! All his projects have a great cohesive sound and feel .... This isn't a project with just q bunch of hot songs and I can appreciate that .... This ? gets mo play in the whip

Cosign
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This smooth as hell to me... late night cruising music

im about half way through it now
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Good ass tape...Very consistent, it pretty much picks up where R4 left off...Overall though, it's not hittin me like R4 did last time, but it's enough to satisfy til he drops a single and starts his album push...Gon have to put it in the whip...Drink/smoke to it...
  • Kame
    Options
    Yeah it don't got a My Sub, Country ? , or Sookie Now so far.... im guessing he saving the hype tracks for the album... this is good reflecting music though
  • Kame
    Options
    Krit consistent as hell to me with these tapes...
  • Kame
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol I say all that and then Temptation comes on.........
    this gonna rock in the whip
  • southernmade
    Options
    Kame wrote: »
    lol I say all that and then Temptation comes on.........
    this gonna rock in the whip

Yeah Temptation is jammin.....

I want dude to blow but he's trying to build a legacy....not be a flash in the pan artist and fizzle out. He will have to open his sound up more...but with that comes time. He's technically still a rookie....in terms of sports they say the biggest jump is usually made from year one to year two.....His debut will be nice....but it's his second album that will say if he'll be around for a while....as long as he keeps getting better that's all I can ask for....this tape sounded like he was going for a certain feeling....imo

• Kame
    edited March 2012
    Options
    He actually rapping better on this than on his other tapes as far as I can tell... its just the beats are all on some reflective, slow ? ... which I ? with

Yeah I agree this was an aesthetic choice for him
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5:
    Insomnia
    4EvaNDay (Theme)
    Country Rap Tunes
    Red Eye

Honorable Mention: Yesterday, Temptation, Wake Up
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    at first listen, im feeling:

yesterday
    Handwriting
    4am
    Red Eye

Gonna have to listen to this tape a little bit before i can speak on it
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been staying up and cleared room for it all day. ? it hopefully when i wake up its there already.
    Same thing man.

I think thats where he wants to be.....I dont think he should aim low....but it could just be the type of music he's comfortbale with making until he can get a larger fan base

What do u mean "aim low"?

I want him to want more than just staying in the "country rap tunes' lane because I think dude is real talented and shouldnt limit his self to one sound....I want him to have a broader sound as well but I also understand he's trying to build something instead of just having one hit with a bunch of filler on the album...

as long as he doesnt go pop I'm content with the music he's making....we need balance in the mainstream.....you have ? doing the pop ? and the trap ? .....we need something else....to represent southern music

See man Im glad i dont think like the majority. I wouldnt mind him going pop if he did it right. Thats the only chance you have at making it to Super Star status ie...Kanye, TI, Kast, Jay and still make great music. You separate yourself from the others.

Krit already stated his debut album will be diffrent and unexpected from what people knows about him. Also unexpected features as well to reach more folks. He knows what he doing.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    That's wasup, I never seen those quotes
  • southernmade
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    i been staying up and cleared room for it all day. ? it hopefully when i wake up its there already.
    Same thing man.

I think thats where he wants to be.....I dont think he should aim low....but it could just be the type of music he's comfortbale with making until he can get a larger fan base

I want him to want more than just staying in the "country rap tunes' lane because I think dude is real talented and shouldnt limit his self to one sound....I want him to have a broader sound as well but I also understand he's trying to build something instead of just having one hit with a bunch of filler on the album...

as long as he doesnt go pop I'm content with the music he's making....we need balance in the mainstream.....you have ? doing the pop ? and the trap ? .....we need something else....to represent southern music

See man Im glad i dont think like the majority. I wouldnt mind him going pop if he did it right. Thats the only chance you have at making it to Super Star status ie...Kanye, TI, Kast, Jay and still make great music. You separate yourself from the others.

Krit already stated his debut album will be diffrent and unexpected from what people knows about him. Also unexpected features as well to reach more folks. He knows what he doing.

I agree....

that we bout that gif is funny as hell

• silverfoxx
    Options

silverfoxx wrote: »
    Same thing man.

I agree....

that we bout that gif is funny as hell

Trill ? . ? aint ready Dun....
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't like the Mixtape and album soon after formula. I'm all about saving your best material.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Do something different then what he's been doing. All of his mixtapes are in the same lane. He needs to open up, show more charisma, something.

Its too country for you

No its not. I like his ? , alot, just think he needs to bring something else to the table to be successful. If he does, he will blow up. See..Outkast.

Exactly. Its TOO country for u. You want KRIT to add some pop elements to his music. I think Krit is good where he's at, i hope he doesn't try to sell out he's too talented for that

I want KRIT to add more to his artillery, if he doesnt he wont blow up. I wanna see more Kanye's, Jay's, TI's in rap, if your that talented, make a name for yourself, let the world know. Just my thoughts *shrugs*

K.R.I.T will never sell out to please you and appease to your "PoP" tastes.

he will NEVER gauge his validation based on your idea of "success" by getting mainstream acceptance from people who want him to be another Euro-Jay or ? -Kanye or T.Informant.

Leave us alone and go listen to B.O.B.....K.R.I.T makes music for us and not you people.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    The Alarm song is EPIC... ? came outta know where lol but is a real deep song and kinda hit me hard. Overall first listen, not his best but a good mix tape. Definitely requires more listens.
  • southernmade
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Don't like the Mixtape and album soon after formula. I'm all about saving your best material.

Album is not supposed to be coming out until June.....he's been working on it at least since September (hopefully)....since that's when the first release date was.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    A lot of introspective songs on this mixtape...I'm digging it
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is dope. I feel we're seeing Krit improve as a rapper too. I think I actually like this with no features over KRIT wuz here and R4. I'm excited for the album, and this will be getting plenty of play while I'm ridin around, at least until Stalley's tape drops at the end of March lol
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After first listen this is amazing work.

Wake Up
    Boobie Miles
    4evaNaday theme
    Me and My Old School
    Country Rap Tunes
    Sky Club
    Package Store
    Temptation
    Handwriting(favorite so far)
    Insomnia
    The Alarm

This grown man music

SMH @ me for leaving out Yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MobQKNReVnk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I hope Ross takes the same introspective route with GFID. This tape is very well executed

bout to post this, yesterday a bangin ass tracks..side note, ? whoever disagreed with me.

• supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Options
    I like what Krit is doing dude doesn't need to go hunt for a broader audience outkast didn't hunt for one they naturally expanded til you couldnt deny them any more same with ugk.I will ask One thing can we please get a Big Sant tape dude is like bun b ,project pat and 8ball combined.Krit is playing to his strengths .I just hope his album has some help from some of his predecessors like Rico wade,N.O joe and Mike Dean .They can really take his production up to the next level.
This discussion has been closed.