Options
    Epic........that is all....

How about that preview footage homie?

As requested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmmXaqVibGo
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Bronn is underrated in the context of the show. He's one of my favorite characters this season, but there hasn't been much to imply he is a top tier fighter. He's beaten a knight through trickery and killed some fodder. He also hasn't had is rep built up in the show like other characters.

Yeah well I go by the books and in the books Bronn is not to be ? with. The show actually makes a lot of people feel weak and others more powerful than they are. For instance in the show you would think Ned was a top tier fighter, but in the books he was average maybe a little above average at best.

Ehh. In the books, outside of the duel Bronn volunteered for at Eyre for Tyrion, there really isn't a focus on his fighting skills the same way as the other character.Bronn's main schtick as a character is the fact that he's a sellsword first and foremost. Even though he's Tyrion's right hand man, he always makes it very clear to Tyrion that if he stops gettin paid, he ain't ? with him anymore.

As for Ned Stark, the books didn't portray him as average. Quite the contrary, he and King Robert were running things during the rebellion against the Targaryeans. He also single-handedly crushed the Greyjoy rebellion as well. And I doubt Robert would be ? with him if Ned was a chump when it came to fighting.

I remember a few conversations and internal monologues Tyrion had in the book where he said Bronn could take out members of the kingsguard, and Bronn also said in a fight he could take out the mountain as well, but just didn't want to risk it because he's so damn big.

Also as for Ned I think you mistake his abilities as a battle commander for actual one on one martial prowess. When it comes to being a general Ned > just about everyone not named Stannis Baratheon or Tywin Lannister, they all in the same league. And you see Ned's natural leadership abilities passed down to his two sons(Robb and Jon). He isn't the greatest swordfighter though, I never said he was a scrub but still he isn't known as a top tier fighter. Robert Baratheon on the other hand nobody ? with, according to the books dude was a beast of the highest levels.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    bignorm wrote: »
    Tyrion aint dead. He just was injured.

If anyone bout to get murked, its the Hound.

Who do you think is gonna step to the Hound?

I don't see anybody brave enough or skilled enough to do it.

Only mentioning people introduced in the show so far and not the books that could beat the hound in a fight:

Jamie Lannister
    Bronn(don't sleep on Bronn he one of the most underrated fighters in the whole show)
    Barristan Selmy
    Gregor Clegane(his massive ass brother)
    Qhorin Halfhand

Aye fam what about Robb Stark & Jon Snow ?? Could they beat dude in a fight ???

One on one....no chance. Jaime is the ? Lord Commander of the Kingsguard A.K.A My Armour not a scratch on it. When he said three men...he also said...maybe. Of everybody mentioned I'd give Ser Baristan and maybe Sandor Clegane just due to his shear power could hang with Jaime. I will say this though...ya'll gonna be real surprised at who gives it to Jaime a little.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »

Only mentioning people introduced in the show so far and not the books that could beat the hound in a fight:

Jamie Lannister
    Bronn(don't sleep on Bronn he one of the most underrated fighters in the whole show)
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

Aye fam what about Robb Stark & Jon Snow ?? Could they beat dude in a fight ???

Robb don't know never got any impression as to his fighting abilities period, he was a general not a grunt. Jon on the other hand we do know that he has the POTENTIAL to be one of the best fighters around, he needs more experience though and to work on his skills, at the moment hell no The Hound would murk Jon. Now if Jon was a little older with a few more battles under his belt I wouldn't hesitate to put him up against anyone.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching it the 2nd time around I keep getting more and more of an appreciation for Sansa. She STAY low key ethering Joffrey at every turn. She worse than Jay with the subliminals....
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah sansa was really good this episode. Shes starting to come into her own and not being so naive anymore.
    The way she played joffrey with the "you're right I'm so stupid your grace"
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great episode kinda ? Stannis didnt win but great episode
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillest episode so far. Hound is the GOAT
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Great episode kinda ? Stannis didnt win but great episode

Word...he was still trying do work & was heated when he had to fall back. He was out there murkin tho. Hound was shook but I can't blame him tho....either stay here and have a mental breakdown with all this fire around me and die for a King I don't give a ? about or dip out and take my chances on the road......? that was a easy answer ? THE KING!

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stannis lost because he listened to his boy and aint bring the redhead
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    Options
    Barristan Selmy is the best swordsman alive in the Game of Thrones universe.

Also @blackcaesar you are incorrect in one of your post.
    Tywin and Joffery do not die in the red wedding..
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Options
    and i dont think black ceasars spoiler happens anytime soon

It does, but not the way black said it was.
    Joffery dies in a seperate wedding and Tywin gets killed by tyrion in the red keep

• Got iT Por Barato
    Options
    The scene with The hound and Bronn has been one of th best in the series. They changed alot of things from the book but granted this is a tv series and they cant cover everything. The Hound though>>>

Also, for the amount of money they had, I thought it was pretty good.

Blackwater was the most exciting episode yet, but not the best one.

What happened in the book?

Davos and Tyrion had a bigger role in the battle
    They never used the chain to ? most of their soliders and Stannis was never at black water. He is not rambo in the books. He was planning the attacks, not participating in them
  • booie4
    booie4 Members Posts: 37
    Options

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

I thought Loras Tyrell was one of the best fighters, along with my boy Syrio
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    booie4 wrote: »

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

Jamie Lannister
    Barristan Selmy
    Qhorin Halfhand

I thought Loras Tyrell was one of the best fighters, along with my boy Syrio

Nobody knows if Syrio is alive either in the show or the books, and Loras is good with a lance but with a sword the Hound would ? him up, now Loras's older brother Garlen is a different story he's not for play.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Stannis lost because he listened to his boy and aint bring the redhead
    The scene with The hound and Bronn has been one of th best in the series. They changed alot of things from the book but granted this is a tv series and they cant cover everything. The Hound though>>>

Also, for the amount of money they had, I thought it was pretty good.

Blackwater was the most exciting episode yet, but not the best one.

What happened in the book?

Adding on to what got it por barato said the Blackwater was also a longer battle than that and was not only fought on the beach. The wild men that Tyrion had picked up in the first book were sent out a few days in advance to stall Stannis's ground forces. Considering the budget they did a great job on the battle for what the could spend, but if they had big movie budget Blackwater could have been one of the greatest on screen battles ever in the book the ? was ? epic.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyrion and Sansa end up ?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Not exactly....

Please don't be a spoiler ? ...

• dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Not exactly....

Please don't be a spoiler ? ...

Then why did you put up a plausible scenario in your post idiot?