Game of Thrones- Season 2

Options

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Huh??? Why would there be any doubt as to Joffy Joe being Tywins grandson???

He knows....they just keep silent about it outside the family. Jamie & Cersei's mom was Tywin's cousin....so he knows the deal. I think when the notion of ? in the Royal families stopped after the Mad King was killed. Remember Targaryans ruled over the seven kingdoms for thousands of years...there was always a Targaryan on the throne before Robert took over. But Tywin wants that Targaryan type power....thats why he turns the other way when it comes to Jamie & Cersei because he knows that there will always be a Lannister on the throne that HE can control.

Hold up, I'm confused now.

Jamie and Cersei are twins and Tywin is their father right?

Yes....Tywin married his cousin Joanna Lannister who gave birth to twins Jamie & Cersei.

Ok, so...where is this talk bout whether or not Tywin knows that Jeoffrey is his grandson coming from?

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isn't joffry Tywin's grandson? I could be wrong, but i just don't remember Tywin speaking on it.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    isn't joffry Tywin's grandson? I could be wrong, but i just don't remember Tywin speaking on it.

He is Tywin's grandson....Cersei is Tywin's daughter. So either way, by ? or not, Joffrey would be Tywin's grandson. But as far as the ? you see nobody ever speaks of it except for the angry townspeople and Robb & Stannis' people. Even the Tully's know but they aint gone open up they mouth because they riding with Tywin now. But none of the Lannister really speak on it especially Tywin because he really just doesn't care....he wants power nothing more so any Lannister on the throne, whether its a Lannister by ? or not, is fine by him.

• deadeye
    Options

It's a given.

Tywin is Cersei's father, and Jeoffrey is Cersei's son.

Tywin needs to take him under his wing and man him up a little bit.

That kid's in desperate need of a father figure.

• Matt-
    edited May 2012
    Options
    its a given that he knows Joffry is a full blooded lanister, not part baratheon? i'm not disputing it, i'm just asking.

hopefully he'll come beat the ? out of him or tyrion will have him murked and someone else will occupy the iron throne. who was the long hair dude who took off his helmet as Tywin made his entrance
  • Matt-
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Huh??? Why would there be any doubt as to Joffy Joe being Tywins grandson???

He knows....they just keep silent about it outside the family. Jamie & Cersei's mom was Tywin's cousin....so he knows the deal. I think when the notion of ? in the Royal families stopped after the Mad King was killed. Remember Targaryans ruled over the seven kingdoms for thousands of years...there was always a Targaryan on the throne before Robert took over. But Tywin wants that Targaryan type power....thats why he turns the other way when it comes to Jamie & Cersei because he knows that there will always be a Lannister on the throne that HE can control.

Hold up, I'm confused now.

Jamie and Cersei are twins and Tywin is their father right?

Yes....Tywin married his cousin Joanna Lannister who gave birth to twins Jamie & Cersei.

Ok, so...where is this talk bout whether or not Tywin knows that Jeoffrey is his grandson coming from?

it came from me. I was just asking if it had ever been discussed in the show.

not that it matters, it was just something i was curious about.
  • deadeye
    edited May 2012
    Options
    its a given that he knows Joffry is a full blooded lanister, not part baratheon? i'm not disputing it, i'm just asking.

hopefully he'll come beat the ? out of him or tyrion will have him murked at someone else will occupy the iron throne.

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Now, if Jeoffrey gets killed...his little brother would be next in line.

Unless there's no rule on restricting females.

In which case, Jeoffrey's sister would take the throne.

Now, if Jeoffrey marries Sansa before he dies and gets her pregnant, then Sansa would sit on the iron throne until the kid comes of age.

I think.

• PaperPlaneJane
    edited May 2012
    Options

hopefully he'll come beat the ? out of him or tyrion will have him murked at someone else will occupy the iron throne.

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Now, if Jeoffrey gets killed...his little brother would be next in line.

Unless there's no rule on restricting females.

In which case, Jeoffrey's sister would take the throne.

Now, if Jeoffrey marries Sansa before he dies and gets her pregnant, then Sansa would sit on the iron throne until the kid comes of age.

I think.

Naw....Cersei would have Sansa killed before she let her be Queen. But either way I don't think it works like that Tommen would take the throne before Sansa because he's Joffrey's brother. I think women can only sit on the throne if & only if there are no more male heirs in the husband's family. And even after that she would still need to marry into a nobel family to keep the crown. Like the case with Dany she's the last of her bloodline (remember most people including her think she's the last Targaryan left but remember the Maester of the Knight Watch is a Targaryan he told Jon this in season 1) so she would be able to take the throne but eventually under Westeros law would have to take a husband if she wanted to continue to rule. But if she takes Westeros with her Dragons that ? aint gone fly she gone do WTF she wants. Afterall ever since Drogo died she been on that independence tip. She don't want any man trying to control her.

• Matt-
    Options
    Westerosians (sp) = woat meteorologists
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hopefully he'll come beat the ? out of him or tyrion will have him murked and someone else will occupy the iron throne. who was the long hair dude who took off his helmet as Tywin made his entrance

that was renly ? ass boyfriend

• Inglewood_B
    Options
    bronn circa 1990's
    http://youtu.be/r5V8ecsrxeY

not as jarring as seeing tywin twerk... but still disappointing

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think it was supposed to be an "awww ? " moment to show House Tyrelle had alligned themselves with the Lannisters. But, it also meants that for the moment, Rob Stark is off the hook since Tywin had to go back to King's Landing.

yeah and even tho Stannis is an ? , I still wanted him to beat the Lannisters.
  • Matt-
    Options

that was renly ? ass boyfriend

ah. wasn't he the knight of flowers? just as sansa comes into bloom. i think she caught feelings for him before joffry.
  • deadeye
    Options
    From what I've seen of Season 2 up to this point, I think Tywin would make the best King.

He's got the experience, the gold, the manpower, and the wisdom of a good king.

With Tyrion still being the Hand of the King of course.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Tywin reclaims his title as hand of the king or continues to let Tyrion have that duty.

Then again, if Tyrion is severely injured, Tywin would have to reclaim the title anyway.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I've seen of Season 2 up to this point, I think Tywin would make the best King.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Tywin reclaims his title as hand of the king or continues to let Tyrion have that duty.

Then again, if Tyrion is severely injured, Tywin would have to reclaim the title anyway.

Tywin has basically been the king since well before Robert was killed. He has all the money, meaning he runs ? . He basically pays the kingdoms debts out of his own pocket real talk. Being hand is better for him, because if Tywin was king his actions would be put under a microscope, but as hand he can do what he wants without having to worry too much about ? . Either way he still is really the king in all but name.
  • Matt-
    Options
    wonder if Tywin will still give a ? about Tyrion after this.

but c/s i definitely don't think he cares to sit on the throne. he's practicly been running ? without having all the pressure that the kind has. i think it would have been great if Tywin walked in the room and said "we won" and then all of a sudden Carcetti just popped up and put tywin in a headlock and had a knife at his throat.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited May 2012
    Options

Tywin has basically been the king since well before Robert was killed. He has all the money, meaning he runs ? . He basically pays the kingdoms debts out of his own pocket real talk. Being hand is better for him, because if Tywin was king his actions would be put under a microscope, but as hand he can do what he wants without having to worry too much about ? . Either way he still is really the king in all but name.

Word....Tywin just like to pull the strings behind the scenes. The one with the most money run the kingdom anyway...why be king when you can put a relative on the throne and use him for your best interests anyway and when ? does go wrong the people look @ the king not the ? pulling his strings. Its just like our ? ass government all the politicians do is push the agenda of the people that line they pockets (which are all these big conglomerates) not the the rest of the citizens...

• Inglewood_B
    edited May 2012
    Options

damn thats true... remember when ned wanted to get at jamie but robert told him to stall out because he so deep in debt to his father?

• Matt-
    Options
    i guess littlefinger has been at work forming up these alliances, after seeing loras w/ tywin, i can only assume that margery becomes the queen. sansa, if she somehow doesn't go north, will be salty
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i guess littlefinger has been at work forming up these alliances, after seeing loras w/ tywin, i can only assume that margery becomes the queen. sansa, if she somehow doesn't go north, will be salty

Oh i don't think she'll be salty....she'll be scared as ? cuz she serves no purpose then. Cat done already let Jamie go so whats the point of holding her in Kings Landing? And u know they not just gone let her walk out the front door.... She shoulda went with the Hound....he said he wouldn't hurt her and I believed him.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh i don't think she'll be salty....she'll be scared as ? cuz she serves no purpose then. Cat done already let Jamie go so whats the point of holding her in Kings Landing? And u know they not just gone let her walk out the front door.... She shoulda went with the Hound....he said he wouldn't hurt her and I believed him.

There is a reason why the Lannister's keep Sansa around.

DO NOT READ THE SPOILER TAG UNLESS YOU WANT SOME OF THE BIGGEST PLOT TURNS IN THE SERIES SPOILED!!!
    Robb and Catelyn both die in Storm of Swords. Bran and Rickon are assumed dead, and nobody has heard from Arya since Ned got beheaded. The only Starks left alive are Sansa and Jon(even though he doesn't claim to be a Stark). Sansa is perceived as the rightful heir to Winterfell, so they marry Sansa to Tyrion so that Winterfell will become part of the Lannister sphere of power.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    New info.....may or may not be spoiler worthy but either way:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/
    'Game of Thrones' scoop: Season 3 character list revealed -- EXCLUSIVE

by James Hibberd

The Reeds are in!

EW.com has a list of new characters coming to HBO’s Game of Thrones in season three. Fans have been wondering which names from George R.R. Martin’s third Song of Ice and Fire novel A Storm of Swords will be introduced next year, especially since the lengthy book is being divided into two seasons.

We recently spoke to showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about some of the creative changes this year and next season’s plans. “[Jojen and Meera Reed] haven’t been written out,” Benioff says. “It’s important to point out that that we have the largest cast on television right now. We introduced dozens of new characters in season two. If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots. We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them.”

That said, get excited. Here’s who will appear in season three:

– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Now, if a Book 3 character is not listed here, does that mean they are not in season three? Apparently not. Because Benioff then added: “And a few others…holy hell that’s a lot of new faces.”
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    Options
    They better have the muthafucking Unsullied in the next season
  • Matt-
    Options
    i'm guessing with robb still gunning for vengance and control of the north, holding sansa could have some value. but i'm not reading that spoiler so maybe she has value somewhere else. and how come nobody else gets a nameday party?
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    They better have the muthafucking Unsullied in the next season

U and them damned Unsullied. LOL..........