Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Discussion Thread...

Options

Comments

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    George Zimmerman's BFF, Frank Taaffe, Arrested!

Frank Taaffe, the BFF of George Zimmerman (the guy charged with murdering Trayvon Martin -- in case you were living under a rock and didn't know who GZ is), caught a mugshot this weekend, but the news just broke tonight by our good friend, Daralene Jones (@DaraleneJones) of WFTV in Orlando. Frank has been George's biggest supporter from the beginning, taking to every TV station that would take him to profess his boy's innocence. He spent the night in jail on Friday and bonded out on Saturday.

It seems that everyone around George is catching a charge...his wife, Shellie's arraignment for perjury will take place this week.

Frank told Daralene that his alcohol level was above the limit due to mixing drinking with taking medicine. Here are Daralene's tweets breaking the news:

He also told Daralene that he is going through some personal problems, so we hope everything turns out for the best for Frank (just maybe don't do so much television)

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmerman-frank-taaffe-trayvon-martin-arrested-photo#ixzz228847xDm

Birds of a ? ? feather.......

It seems that the only person that doesn't have a record is the "thug" kid
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Zimmerman's BFF, Frank Taaffe, Arrested!

Frank Taaffe, the BFF of George Zimmerman (the guy charged with murdering Trayvon Martin -- in case you were living under a rock and didn't know who GZ is), caught a mugshot this weekend, but the news just broke tonight by our good friend, Daralene Jones (@DaraleneJones) of WFTV in Orlando. Frank has been George's biggest supporter from the beginning, taking to every TV station that would take him to profess his boy's innocence. He spent the night in jail on Friday and bonded out on Saturday.

It seems that everyone around George is catching a charge...his wife, Shellie's arraignment for perjury will take place this week.

Frank told Daralene that his alcohol level was above the limit due to mixing drinking with taking medicine. Here are Daralene's tweets breaking the news:

He also told Daralene that he is going through some personal problems, so we hope everything turns out for the best for Frank (just maybe don't do so much television)

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmerman-frank-taaffe-trayvon-martin-arrested-photo#ixzz228847xDm

Birds of a ? ? feather.......

It seems that the only person that doesn't have a record is the "thug" kid

wow...at the bolded......thats some ? right?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @janklow I asked a question. Where did I say anything about what you may have been talking about?

I asked if you believe that Zimmerman has been caught lying and telling different versions of the incident because he feels he has already been condemned in the court of public opinion? (Example: the story of him planning to flee and lying about his money)

And If you don't believe that's reason, what do you find to be the reason for the odd way he has handled things.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I asked if you believe that Zimmerman has been caught lying and telling different versions of the incident because he feels he has already been condemned in the court of public opinion?
    well, what you asked me was "Zimmerman's varying stories and series of lies you feel is more so him being afraid of public opinion than him being a ? ?" ...and that's why i essentially responded "why are you asking me this?" is it just a random question?
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/09/george-zimmerman-evidence_n_1762383.html

But among the more superficially interesting details gleaned from the leaked evidence came from Zimmerman’s academic record. While Zimmerman, by his own account, longed to have a career in law enforcement, and to follow in his former magistrate judge father’s footsteps, he earned a D in "Intro To Criminal Justice" and a C in "Evil Minds – Violent Predators" during his time at Seminole State college in Central Florida.

He also failed algebra twice, according to the documents.

Zimmerman was a student at the college on Feb. 26, 2012, when he shot and killed Martin, but he was expelled shortly thereafter due to safety concerns and the high profile nature of his case.

The more information that comes out about this guy, the more it becomes apparent that he is a nobody that over estimates his self worth. How the hell do you fail algebra twice. It wouldn't surprise me if he only took up studying this subject to get in good with daddy and ride his coat tails and prove to him that he's not a complete ? up. The got damn loser was on academic probation. How the hell do you almost flunk Spanish and your mom is from Peru???? What a complete and total failure this guy is.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ? is getting beyond fukked up.

thing is...no one but black people are holding this guy accountable....did you read the comments.

they are saying "now goerge can get a fair trial"
    "at least he got rid of another thug"

i am in such disgust at him wanting a fair trial, just like he gave the person he killed.
  • janklow
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i am in such disgust at him wanting a fair trial, just like he gave the person he killed.
    everyone deserves a fair trial whether you like them or not. do you even realize you're sitting arguing, "well, if i don't like the guy, i don't give a damn whether or not his trial is fair?"

now consider how many young black guys in the south have gotten ? by the concept of people saying "i don't like these guys and presume them guilty, ? their fair trial and legal rights." if he's in the wrong, you want him to be convicted FAIRLY so that he does the time he deserves.

Americans: the most disappointing people ever
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    everyone deserves a fair trial whether you like them or not. do you even realize you're sitting arguing, "well, if i don't like the guy, i don't give a damn whether or not his trial is fair?"

now consider how many young black guys in the south have gotten ? by the concept of people saying "i don't like these guys and presume them guilty, ? their fair trial and legal rights." if he's in the wrong, you want him to be convicted FAIRLY so that he does the time he deserves.

Americans: the most disappointing people ever[/quote]
    Everybody deserves a fair trial. But in this case, Zimmerman's been CLEARLY taking advantage of the system. At some point one has to ask how many breaks are they gonna give this guy. He's the one lying but gets rewarded two different judges because he feels he isn't treated "fairly". C'mon son. Its clear Zimmerman's been getting over since he pulled that trigger
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH, why does there have to be a new judge??
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i just feel the ? with dude needs to stop....why should we give a fukk about him not having money...or being able to afford his lawyer. he lies then gets reprimanded and the judge who does it is the bad person.

i may not know alot about how trials an ? works...but this dude is making the system look bad...and the people who dont like black people are letting him...because he killed a black person
  • janklow
    Options
    He's the one lying but gets rewarded two different judges because he feels he isn't treated "fairly". C'mon son. Its clear Zimmerman's been getting over since he pulled that trigger
    this absolutely doesn't change my point that if you want him convicted, you want him convicted in the most ironclad way possible.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @janklow
    why are you defending dude so much?
    most people look at it like this guy is lying and making a mockery of the system and you are basically saying let the system handle it and give him a fair trial.

? forbid if it was your child or family member that this happened to...would you feel the same way if it seemed like everyone was on the other persons side when you know that your family wasnt doing anything wrong.

you are a gun owner from what i remember right? what would suggest that could stop mentally unstable people from getting guns? common sense tells you this guy has some sort of complex and should not have had a gun.
    he should not have following the kid, yet feels hes right to respond with lethal force. so its ok to run around an talk ? an when someone punches me in the face i can say i felt threatened and shoot them?

at whatr point is this ? all fukked up
  • janklow
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @janklow
    why are you defending dude so much?
    most people look at it like this guy is lying and making a mockery of the system and you are basically saying let the system handle it and give him a fair trial.
    what's absolutely SAD about this is that me saying "give him a fair trial" is considered "defending dude so much." ? forbid both the guilty and innocent alike get fair trials!
    ? forbid if it was your child or family member that this happened to...would you feel the same way if it seemed like everyone was on the other persons side when you know that your family wasnt doing anything wrong
    well, for one thing, this is not a scenario where anyone KNOWS exactly what happened. that's the whole issue: Zimmerman's alive, Martin's not, and both sides have legions of supporters who have decided they know exactly what happened. further, Martin's family feels like "everyone is on the other person's side?" come on, now.
    you are a gun owner from what i remember right? what would suggest that could stop mentally unstable people from getting guns? common sense tells you this guy has some sort of complex and should not have had a gun.
    well, this gets into a question of how you're rating these people as "mentally unstable." and you know, i think Zimmerman's got (or had) a bit of a hero complex, but i'm not sure what in his background says he shouldn't have had a gun. it might be better not to have one if you're going to pretend you're a cop once you get it, of course.

side note: as a gun owner, i don't think we need any more gun control laws because the guys that push for them tend to be either a) liars, b) ignorant of what they speak, or c) both.
    he should not have following the kid, yet feels hes right to respond with lethal force. so its ok to run around an talk ? an when someone punches me in the face i can say i felt threatened and shoot them
    tell me how the scenario you're describing meets the standards of the laws we're talking about.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Zimmerman is a communist.
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, October 17, 11:06 AM

SANFORD, Fla. — A judge set a tentative trial date next year for a neighborhood watch volunteer charged with fatally shooting Trayvon Martin.

In her first hearing since taking over the case, Judge Debra S. Nelson said June 10 would be the start of George Zimmerman’s trial, though the date could change as both sides get prepared for what is expected to be a three-week trial.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the February shooting of the unarmed 17-year-old Martin. Zimmerman claims he was attacked and the shooting was self-defense.

Zimmerman’s defense team tweeted after the hearing that they will likely ask for a “stand your ground” hearing in April or May. Under Florida law, Zimmerman can request the hearing and argue his self-defense case before the trial. If the judge were to side with Zimmerman, the murder charge would be dismissed and there would be no trial.

Nelson took over the case in August after an appeals’ court said Judge Kenneth Lester should be removed for making disparaging remarks about Zimmerman’s character. Lester also advocated for additional charges against Zimmerman during a bond hearing, saying he lied to the judge about how much money he had.

Zimmerman, who is free on bail, was not at the hearing Wednesday. His attorneys will be back in court Friday to argue several motions.

They have said in court documents that prosecutors aren’t turning information over in a timely manner and they are not getting all of the evidence they have asked for.

“I’m hoping Friday’s hearing will give us a good idea of how quickly we’re gonna get discovery,” O’Mara said after hearing.

He said Friday’s hearing could be central to the timetable for everything going forward.

Attorneys for more than a dozen media organizations, including The Associated Press, will also be there to fight efforts by the prosecutor to seal defense subpoenas and other case records.

Also, a hearing for Zimmerman’s wife was delayed until December. Shellie Zimmerman was charged with perjury after prosecutors said she misled the court about how much her husband and she had for his bail.

___
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackamerica
    Options

Americans: the most disappointing people ever
    You sound like damn ?

The system has been more than generous to George Zimmerman up to this point. For him to say "now we get a fair trail" as if he's the one who's been treated unjustly should anger any ? following this case. If Zimmerman were black and Trayvon white aint no way Zimmerman gettin all these exceptions. GTFOH.
  • janklow
    Options
    You sound like damn ?
    it took you months to come up with THAT?

wait... you DID reply to this, i replied to you, and then you wandered off for weeks. weird. anyway:
    The system has been more than generous to George Zimmerman up to this point. For him to say "now we get a fair trail" as if he's the one who's been treated unjustly should anger any ? following this case. If Zimmerman were black and Trayvon white aint no way Zimmerman gettin all these exceptions. GTFOH.
    i will say it again: "if he's in the wrong, you want him to be convicted FAIRLY so that he does the time he deserves."

if the system's been overly generous, it doesn't change whether or not Zimmerman should be convicted on the merits, it simply means we need to address problems with the system. but the fact that Trayvon wasn't white doesn't mean we should root for a non-functional justice system for reasons of payback.
  • bookert
    bookert Members Posts: 76
    Options
  • blackamerica
    Options
    if the system's been overly generous, it doesn't change whether or not Zimmerman should be convicted on the merits, it simply means we need to address problems with the system. but the fact that Trayvon wasn't white doesn't mean we should root for a non-functional justice system for reasons of payback.
    We've already seen enough evidence that shows Zimmerman iniated the altercation. The only thing we dont know is who got the better of who once Zimmerman ran that kid down (which is irrelevant). Bottom line, the man shot and killed a unarmed kid and deserves jail time. We can debate how much jail time but Zimmerman needs to be behind bars. Like I said, if a black kid in a hoodie would've killed a unarmed man nobody would be thinking having a "fair trial".All the injustice black folks have seen in this country, last thing I wanna read is shitbags like Zimmerman having anything fair. If things were fair then Trayvon would be still alive
  • janklow
    Options
    We've already seen enough evidence that shows Zimmerman iniated the altercation.
    see, here's the thing: while that's probably more debatable than you're saying, if the evidence shows Zimmerman is at fault, then you should want him to be tried and convicted fairly and get the sentence he deserves.
    Like I said, if a black kid in a hoodie would've killed a unarmed man nobody would be thinking having a "fair trial".
    and that's a good thing? because you're sitting here arguing against fair trials.
    All the injustice black folks have seen in this country, last thing I wanna read is shitbags like Zimmerman having anything fair.
    the point is that it's not about Zimmerman having anything fair, it's about having the system be fair for EVERYONE. a system that ? over people because of emotions or in response to public opinion is the same kind of system that gives the black kid in the hoodie you're talking about a raw deal.
  • blackamerica
    Options
    The point is that it's not about Zimmerman having anything fair, it's about having the system be fair for EVERYONE. a system that ? over people because of emotions or in response to public opinion is the same kind of system that gives the black kid in the hoodie you're talking about a raw deal.
    You obviously have a overwhelming amount of trust in the system. Really? The same system that's ? us over and gave guilty white folks they freedom. I want Zimmerman to rot in jail. If thats what you call fair so be it. But judging at this point, he's already received favoritism from the system
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm mad they ain't lock this ? and his hoe up yet!
    He changes the story all the time and they should have locked his wife up for the ? they tried to pull.
This discussion has been closed.