Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Discussion Thread...

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    You obviously have a overwhelming amount of trust in the system. Really?
    well, let me be a little redundant: if the system's ? up, it doesn't change whether or not Zimmerman should be convicted on the merits, it simply means we need to address problems with the system. it doesn't mean we should root for the system to work unfairly because we like the results this time. and frankly, most of the positions on this case are based on some emotional reaction(s) and nothing factual.
    The same system that's ? us over and gave guilty white folks they freedom.
    ...which is the kind of thing that happens when the system is ? over people because of emotions or in response to public opinion.
    I want Zimmerman to rot in jail. If thats what you call fair so be it.
    if he deserves to rot in jail, then i want him to be fairly tried and fairly convicted so there's no ? about how unfair the whole process was and nothing for him to use on appeal to get out based on.
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so whats new with this case?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    that's funny. I accidentally and randomly stumbled upon some site that was trying to say that Trayvon was a troubled delinquint, and that this fact/idea needs to be fully acknowledged for the trial. They had these pics of him, his pops, and his moms, which I've never seen before:

trayvondrugdealing-e1340614227687.png?w=283&h=300

trayvon-martin-double-finger.jpg?w=640

tweet-1-0.jpg?w=640

tracy-martin-4-18-121.png?w=640&h=480

traymom.jpg?w=640

blunt-tribute.png?w=640

Thought they were interesting. Regardless, Zimmerman deserves a fair trial without the media bias, but as far as I know, I don't see him getting hit with a hard sentence. He's an idiot, and he instigated the ? unecessarily, but he seems to have acted in self-defense even if it was rash, so how hard can you hit him?
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of respect to black people for acting at the right time.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What time? We acted when the cops tried to let him off. Just like when Rodney King got beat. We waited to till the cops were acquitted. Patience and action
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Rodney king doe.
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well his brother was on Bill Maher speaking intelligently. Don't think he is gonna get numbers. Although I would want a fair trial first and foremost, I don't believe anyone really gets a fair trial in this system. While that is not his fault I would like to see him do heavy numbers which I'm sure won't happen.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    that's funny. I accidentally and randomly stumbled upon some site that was trying to say that Trayvon was a troubled delinquint, and that this fact/idea needs to be fully acknowledged for the trial. They had these pics of him, his pops, and his moms, which I've never seen before:

tweet-1-0.jpg?w=640

tracy-martin-4-18-121.png?640&h=480

traymom.jpg?w=640

blunt-tribute.png?w=640

Thought they were interesting. Regardless, Zimmerman deserves a fair trial without the media bias, but as far as I know, I don't see him getting hit with a hard sentence. He's an idiot, and he instigated the ? unecessarily, but he seems to have acted in self-defense even if it was rash, so how hard can you hit him?

wow @the depths people will go to paint trayvon as a hoodlum. Smh. You find similar pics on the fb pages of many of TEEN boys both white and black....and how are the pics of his parents even relevant to the case. sad...first they lose their son to this fuckery and now people are trying to paint the parents as what?..."ghetto" lol i don't know how they keep sane

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I stated in the other threads on this topic: I would have taken matters into my own hands if that were my son.

There wouldn't be any protests or speeches that fall on deaf ears, and no pleading to people who don't identify with your loss (especially those who are hell bent on portraying the victim as being worthy/culpable of the fate he suffered, instead of the man who pulled the trigger).
  • yeery
    yeery Members Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Damn my ? internet connection is ? up......can't hear the audio now smh 14.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    think is i hear the fair trial ? ....but this young man is being painted as a hoodlum and does that give a reason he should die? yet we talk fair trial.

this young man was guilty when he woke up in the wrong neighborhood. yet we talk fair trial.

as a black man i cant just live anywhere. I have lived in my neighborhood for 7 years and when my neighbors family visits...they look at me lie what the fukk us he doing here.

to get a fair trial some people need to realize they are part of the problem. i hear certain people say that if a white person was shot we wouldn't hear nothing about it. true, because the cops would have acted on it to bring the opposite person to justice immediately. but in this case people had to pressure the cops to do their job...an others are mad for people wanting the police to police.

so to get a fair trial, we have to first stop looking at a teenage boy as a hoodlum for being a teenage boy. who didnt do cray ? as a teen? if we are held accountable for the ? we do as teens then we should all be killed. but its funy how zimmerman wants his school records to not be used and his run ins with the law go under the table...but people bring up some one in a club with a drink.

yea...and whos guilty and who needs the fair trial.

sounds like minds are already made up
  • janklow
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    think is i hear the fair trial ? ....but this young man is being painted as a hoodlum and does that give a reason he should die? yet we talk fair trial.
    in the end, though, wanting a fair trial for EVERYONE is not about saying "i really don't think this guy, so we can't have a fair trial in this circumstance," because that concept can be applied to everyone. wanting a fair trial for Zimmerman is not the same thing as approving of every damn thing that's been said in theoretical support of Zimmerman (or hell, Trayvon)
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tweet-1-0.jpg?w=640

traymom.jpg?w=640

blunt-tribute.png?w=640

WHAT IN THE ? DO THESE PICTURES GOT TO DO WITH A YOUNG BLACK TEENAGER GETTING KILLED IN COLD BLOOD.....
  • waterproof
    Options
    NEW GEORGE ZIMMERMAN FLICKS, The muthafucka is under pressure looking all Flabby and Sick....

article-0-15968BF4000005DC-22_306x423.jpg

article-0-15968CAB000005DC-154_306x423.jpg

636_022713_fx_zimmerman.jpg
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

tweet-1-0.jpg?w=640

traymom.jpg?w=640

blunt-tribute.png?w=640

WHAT IN THE ? DO THESE PICTURES GOT TO DO WITH A YOUNG BLACK TEENAGER GETTING KILLED IN COLD BLOOD.....

Word, what's wrong with him flashing money? lol.. him throwing up his middle fingers doesn't mean ? either..
  • waterproof
    Options

tweet-1-0.jpg?w=640

traymom.jpg?w=640

blunt-tribute.png?w=640

is my eye's playing tricks on me, did this ? just said Zimmerman acted in self defense????
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so again.....because my parents went to a club an got ? i should die?
    my dad used to drink canadian club whiskey an be toasted at cabarets....? i should be shot on site cause im dangerous as hell.

my mom took professional photos...yep, i should die for that too.

an when you throw in the fact is acted like i was ? 17 when i was 17....man i am living on borrowed time now....i should be executed.

alot of people talk ? on this ? an cuss others out....we should all be in front of a firing squad you let certain people tell it.
  • janklow
    Options
    Word, what's wrong with him flashing money? lol.. him throwing up his middle fingers doesn't mean ? either..
    i believe the argument is that Trayvon has been presented as this innocent young child who could not pose a threat to Zimmerman when ... cue dramatic noise ... THE TRUTH IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT OH MY ?

it really has nothing to do with whether or not Zimmerman's actions were on the level, so i don't get it. but it's part of the phase where Zimmerman supporters smear Trayvon and Trayvon supporters smear Zimmerman and janklow is just disgusted with EVERYONE

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i believe the argument is that Trayvon has been presented as this innocent young child who could not pose a threat to Zimmerman when ... cue dramatic noise ... THE TRUTH IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT OH MY ?

it really has nothing to do with whether or not Zimmerman's actions were on the level, so i don't get it. but it's part of the phase where Zimmerman supporters smear Trayvon and Trayvon supporters smear Zimmerman and janklow is just disgusted with EVERYONE

maybe janklow need to put that weed down.
    did this kid pose a threat when he was approached by a strange man? just saying
  • janklow
    Options
    i don't think Zimmerman is claiming he shot Trayvon the second he saw him. he's claiming he shot him because Trayvon attacked him. whether or not Zimmerman is racist/Trayvon is a thug should be aside from resolving this case.

now, i don't punch or shoot every strange guy that approaches me, but again, i don't think either side of the argument is saying that's all that happened.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i don't think Zimmerman is claiming he shot Trayvon the second he saw him. he's claiming he shot him because Trayvon attacked him. whether or not Zimmerman is racist/Trayvon is a thug should be aside from resolving this case.

now, i don't punch or shoot every strange guy that approaches me, but again, i don't think either side of the argument is saying that's all that happened.

the fact that you going around following people and the moment they turn to defend themselves you claim self defense...you provoked it and cried victim when you knew you had a gun to begin with.

how did trayvon get close enough to get this man on the ground? its not because trayvon folowed him...he followed trayvon close enough to get punched. now while you say you dont attack everyone that approaches you....how would you react as a young child from the hood an a guy is approaching you asking all kindas of questions like what you doing here. in the hood that can be the beggining of a fight or gang attack. who was this man to question him in the first place?
  • janklow
    Options
    the fact that you going around following people and the moment they turn to defend themselves you claim self defense...you provoked it and cried victim when you knew you had a gun to begin with.
    the defense disputes this scenario, which is the point: you're not entitled to shoot someone because they turn around to defend themselves. but if someone has you on the ground and is attacking you? perhaps.

Trayvon might have gotten into a fistfight with him because he thought Zimmerman was a crazy stalker and he (Trayvon) wanted to defend HIMSELF. but i suspect the law doesn't give you the right to punch a man in the face because he's following you around. and honestly, if the argument is "if you're a young kid from the hood, you just start punching anyone who asks you all kinds of questions," while i understand the point, i think you're playing into the hands of guys trying to smear Trayvon's character.

personally, this is why i think the most likely scenario is that they both, at some point in the series of events, made some bad decision(s). but it's better to thrash it out with forensic evidence in court than with a bunch of trash talk on the internet.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zimmerman's fat ? ass been eating good with his family, meanwhile Trayvon's family got to remember the memories of him because, Fat ? didn't listen to the 911 operator when she told his ? NOT TO PURSUE HIM and he did it anyway resulting in the death of a 17 year old boy just coming back from going to the store to get something to snack on, not bothering nobody!

George Zimmerman is getting on my nerves with the "I'm The Victim" ? , u killed a innocent kid that was not bothering u or anybody else!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    the defense disputes this scenario, which is the point: you're not entitled to shoot someone because they turn around to defend themselves. but if someone has you on the ground and is attacking you? perhaps.

Trayvon might have gotten into a fistfight with him because he thought Zimmerman was a crazy stalker and he (Trayvon) wanted to defend HIMSELF. but i suspect the law doesn't give you the right to punch a man in the face because he's following you around. and honestly, if the argument is "if you're a young kid from the hood, you just start punching anyone who asks you all kinds of questions," while i understand the point, i think you're playing into the hands of guys trying to smear Trayvon's character.

personally, this is why i think the most likely scenario is that they both, at some point in the series of events, made some bad decision(s). but it's better to thrash it out with forensic evidence in court than with a bunch of trash talk on the internet.

so if im being followed, i can turn an shoot if i feel threatened and i dont have to retreat because i felt harm was on the horizon.

but if i turn an hit someone instead of shooting them...then i should be shot because im attacking them
  • janklow
    Options
    so if im being followed, i can turn an shoot if i feel threatened and i dont have to retreat because i felt harm was on the horizon.
    i don't think the law says "i'm being followed and i was concerned about it" is justification for shooting someone.
    but if i turn an hit someone instead of shooting them...then i should be shot because im attacking them
    why are you turning around and hitting them? that's my question.
This discussion has been closed.