Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Discussion Thread...

Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ Trayvon getting lighter and lighter.

Zimmerman seems like a short, fat, nonathletic individual; I'd assume he's terrible at fighting.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Zimmerman seems like a short, fat, nonathletic individual; I'd assume he's terrible at fighting.
    if nothing else, THIS is almost certainly the truth.
  • MorrisBX
    MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Price Tag On Your Head: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of Zimmerman
    69012760.jpg

Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, leader Mikhail Muhammad announced during a protest in Sanford today.

When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland and Jacksonville -- where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. But he declined to say when they will begin their hunt.

Muhammad said the group's national chairman, Dr. Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, D.C. is receiving donations from black entertainers and athletes. They hope to collect $1 million by next week, Muhammad said.

The party said they would not release the names of donors nor would they provide documentation to support the existence of donations.

The New Black Panthers announced the reward at a protest in Sanford Saturday, the activist group's third protest in the past two weeks over the fatal shooting of the Miami Gardens teen.

The group called for Zimmerman's arrest and threatened to find and detain him if police were not willing to do so. But group members didn't call for the mobilization of thousands until Saturday.

Muhammed led the group in chanting "Justice for Trayvon!" and "Black Power!"

"If the government won't do the job, we'll do it," Muhammad said, leading his group of eight party members in chants like "freedom or death" and "justice for Trayvon" while making the iconic gesture of raising their fists into the air.

The party members said they are tired of the inaction of government officials — from Sanford city officials up to the Governor, accusing them of lying and delaying justice.

They accused newly-appointed special prosecutor Angela Corley of being an enemy of the black community.

"She has a track record of sending innocent young black men and women to prison," he said.

Sanford police arrived toward the end of the demonstration Saturday asking onlookers and media to avoid walking into the street in front of The Retreat at Twin Lakes where Trayvon was killed.

As the officer walked back to his cruiser, Muhammad berated and pointed angrily at him saying "If you'd had shown this much concern, Trayvon may still be alive today."

The fiery rhetoric and often profanity-laden diatribes made some visitors to the impromptu memorial uncomfortable.

Pastor Moses Brown of Tampa said he was disappointed with the Panthers' approach.

"We believe in a message of justice, not hate," said Brown, who was in town to pray at the memorial and attend the Monday event at Sanford's Civic Center. "We believe justice will come through the court system."

Brown, who is also the Chief executive officer of Feed Our Children, said he has been meeting with other Christian ministers to discuss the case.

While the Panthers chanted behind him, Brown said "I see parallel versions of how we are coping with this as a community. Some in anger and us, in prayer. But we are in America where we have our rights to expression."

The Southern Poverty Law Center says the New Black Panther Party, a black-separatist group founded in 1989, is "virulently racist and anti-Semitic," and its leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law officers.

Trayvon was killed Feb. 26 in the gated Retreat at Twin Lakes community while walking back to his father's fiancee's town house. Zimmerman spotted the unarmed teen and called the Sanford Police Department's nonemergency line to report a suspicious person.

Zimmerman shot Travon before officers could respond. Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. He has not been arrested and is not charged with a crime.

More: Price Tag On Your Head: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of Zimmerman - ThatHustle.com
  • dmalik313
    dmalik313 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    Do any one of you remember Oscar Grant? BART police officer shot unarmed Oscar in the back while he was arresting him.

His defense: he accidentally thought thought he was reaching for his taser! How the ? can a cop use that excuse as a justification?

And you know what? That ? would probably been swept under the carpet and ? except for the all the protests and media attention.

You know after all that evidence (witnesses had recorded this go down with their cell phone cameras) he only got 2 years.

I'm sorry to say that if Zimmerman didn't get arrested by now its doubtful that he will get arrested. And if he does, he's not going to be hit with some serious charges.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully Zimmerman is ? and has his ? eaten alive by pitbulls
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are beat that severely shouldn't the police have taken him the hospital to atleast get some pics of the alleged ? nose or whatever? And if it was self defense how did he have time to get to his gun, ? it and all that, I mean showing the gun would've made any person retreat. So if trayvon was fighting him, once he saw the gun I doubt he would've continued fighting. I don't know, ? ain't right. Again I really can't wait to hear this alleged 911 tape from trayvon. And even if trayvon was fighting him that was him using self defense. I mean really, some big fat dude following you and at some point, runs after you and its night time.

Co-sign this ? stinks.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    GSonII wrote: »

I hear you - how come so many innocent folks have to die/and there communities burned down cause others refuse to let justice handle this case....OH I forgot - justice isn't quick enough for some? so just go back to the 60's era mentality IE burn baby burn......I guess I've been delusional to think that some citizens have actually become civil. HOTDAMN! every single time this kind of stuff happens....the same rhetoric spews from the disenfranchised as if this nation is still living in the slave days? Man-o-man I just can't follow all this rage...and people wanting take all there anger out on innocent people....especially killing innocent children of those who had nothing to do with this case.

Why are U so afraid??

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2012
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2012
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

With no due respect.... @heyslick: IDIOT (I usually try to refrain from name calling), this incident couldn't have happened to "ANYONE'S CHILD", as you put it. The president spoke about this incident from a personal perspective. These types of things don't happen to Whites. When was the last time you heard of an incident involving a group of Black cops beating down a lone White motorist? When was the last time you heard of an incident involving a Black cop shooting an unarmed White person in the back? When was the last time you heard of an incident where a big, fat BLACK neighborhood watchman stalked and gunned down an unarmed White teenager and then tried to claim it was in self defense.... And to top it off, is allowed to walk the streets freely, having not been charged or arrested... Just give me ONE (1) documented case of the examples I presented to you....

George Zimmerman needs to be slowly decapitated by a butcher knife with a dull blade and his severed head needs to be put on public display on the front porch of his residence in the gated community where this tragic shooting occurred.

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *continues to ignore those ignant ? *
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hope this happens too.....
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

I hear you - how come so many innocent folks have to die/and there communities burned down cause others refuse to let justice handle this case....OH I forgot - justice isn't quick enough for some? so just go back to the 60's era mentality IE burn baby burn......I guess I've been delusional to think that some citizens have actually become civil. HOTDAMN! every single time this kind of stuff happens....the same rhetoric spews from the disenfranchised as if this nation is still living in the slave days? Man-o-man I just can't follow all this rage...and people wanting take all there anger out on innocent people....especially killing innocent children of those who had nothing to do with this case.

Why are U so afraid??

I'M NOT - it's those innocent victims that die because you and yours feel it necessary to ? innocent people behind that outrage of yours...I understand that rage....but the cops kids didn't do this...and you fools get on here talking about killing them.

U the type of white person that is afraid to see black people come together for a cause..
    Cause U and 30 million people like U know that black people been getting ? on in this country since forever..

It seems there is never justice for black people..
    Its 2012 and we still get racially profiled..
    The ? that happened to that lil boy
    don't happen to white people..

We are sick of asking and begging to be treated equal..
    sick of begging and pleading for justice to done..
    ? just get old after a while..

U talk about the backlash towards all white people..

Honestly I don't know and havent heard nobody say
    they had a personal gripe against all white people..
    thats just U being scared...

However, in contrast U talk about innocent white people being affected by this,
    but what about the innocent black people that see this going on and no justice being served??
    so now if i walk into a white neighborhood with a hoody on,
    I gotta worry about getting shot..

• kingblaze84
    Options

With no due respect.... @heyslick: IDIOT (I usually try to refrain from name calling), this incident couldn't have happened to "ANYONE'S CHILD", as you put it. The president spoke about this incident from a personal perspective. These types of things don't happen to Whites. When was the last time you heard of an incident involving a group of Black cops beating down a lone White motorist? When was the last time you heard of an incident involving a Black cop shooting an unarmed White person in the back? When was the last time you heard of an incident where a big, fat BLACK neighborhood watchman stalked and gunned down an unarmed White teenager and then tried to claim it was in self defense.... And to top it off, is allowed to walk the streets freely, having not been charged or arrested... Just give me ONE (1) documented case of the examples I presented to you....

George Zimmerman needs to be slowly decapitated by a butcher knife with a dull blade and his severed head needs to be put on public display on the front porch of his residence in the gated community where this tragic shooting occurred.

I also co-sign this.......excellent post bro
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    dmalik313 wrote: »
    Do any one of you remember Oscar Grant? BART police officer shot unarmed Oscar in the back while he was arresting him.

His defense: he accidentally thought thought he was reaching for his taser! How the ? can a cop use that excuse as a justification?

And you know what? That ? would probably been swept under the carpet and ? except for the all the protests and media attention.

You know after all that evidence (witnesses had recorded this go down with their cell phone cameras) he only got 2 years.

I'm sorry to say that if Zimmerman didn't get arrested by now its doubtful that he will get arrested. And if he does, he's not going to be hit with some serious charges.

I've said this before, Zimmerman won't get hit with serious charges. I'm starting to even doubt he'll ever be arrested. The closet KKK members of Sanford and federal govt don't want Zimmerman locked up. It's been a ? month and Zimmerman still hasn't been locked up?? I have this bad feeling Zimmerman will get away with it, if anything he'll get a slap on the wrist, couple of years in jail. When that happens, more Black people will distrust the system more than ever. And more innocent people will be killed, Black AND White. This is creating, slowly, the reality of silent riots all over the country. All this rage has to go somewhere, and rage unchecked always finds bloodshed. I hope I'm proven wrong
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm surprised at the amount - what next putting a bounty on the head of Rush Limbaugh? et al. This rogue entity needs to GO AWAY....yeah they really got good investigative skills & just watch the masses of so-called black leaders not criticizing this issue...especially them sorry ass members of the Congressional Black Caucus. WTF is going on in America? when this kind of ? goes on.

the same rogue entity that made zimerman ? an unarmed 17 year old boy begging for his life? do us a favor and ? yourself, bigot.

you are the epitome of everything WRONG with america. ignorant, uneducated and racist.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    YO! PUNK! wanna see how brave you are? me and some of fellow community members wanna have a meeting. So get your bravado up and let's meet....tell us to our faces and especially tell me about what I've done to the country....well can you handle the challenge? I'm not about to come alone....but I'll deal with you one on one...& my community will stand back and watch, we'll find out what you and me are made of...may the best man win.

im in los angeles. hop in that house on 4 wheels of yours and come on out. after that ill send your scumbag ass down to mexico with 4 less front teeth and get you the ? out my country since you was dead set on leavin anyway, ? .

aint nobody scared off your empty boasts and threats ill give you my address, driving directions and google map satellite shot of my house and bet my empire you wont show up.

you'd probably just do some dumb punk ? like order 80 pizzas and have them delivered to my house like the spineless piece of ? ? that you are. you a ? joke.

i bet you like 40 somethin years old... never amounted to ? in your life, never done anything with your life. make no contribution to the country or planet at all except taking a ? every day that ends up in a river. you should ? yourself and save the planet from your pollution.

• dmalik313
    dmalik313 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    YO! PUNK! wanna see how brave you are? me and some of fellow community members wanna have a meeting. So get your bravado up and let's meet....tell us to our faces and especially tell me about what I've done to the country....well can you handle the challenge? I'm not about to come alone....but I'll deal with you one on one...& my community will stand back and watch, we'll find out what you and me are made of...may the best man win.

? people all having a serious conversation here. and you are trying to come out as some internet thug. good for ya ? for brains. once you can't make an argument you threaten to kick someone's ass

you showed your true colors.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    alright, let's try and discuss the topic: doesn't this seem to be legally questionable?
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Everyone wants to talk about Trayvon Martin....we can go over a lot of other cases similar to innocent unarmed black man being shot by police or another citizen.

What about Sean Bell was there a hoodie march for him when NYPD murdered him with 50 slugs?

What about Oscar Grant? Also another case of injustice I don't remember any social media or public demonstrations for him.

Ever heard of Amadou Diallo?

Robert Tolan?

I can keep going on but I'm sure social media also publicized the above mentioned cases as well.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.