Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Discussion Thread...

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your thread title is misleading Apocaidiot. You conveniently left this out your link.....

Trayvon, who claimed that an unnamed friend had given him the jewelry, was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    This New BPP is on CNN looking foolish right now.

I appreciate them being fed up with injustice as I am also but they have to things within the law.
    The minister Muhammad is on there saying they may not find Zimmerman alive and they dont follow the laws of the US Govt, etc. That isn't going to help much.

Do you at least understand the anger of the NBPP though? Let's all keep it real, Zimmerman is gona get away with this. The prosecutor in charge of the case said today Zimmerman could walk, if that's not a sign justice won't be carried out, than i don't know what is.

Zimmerman is gonna get away with this, watch and see.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I said i above i appreciate them being fed up with injustice. Im ? off too. I even posted above i feel he will walk.

But if they are going to do something, saying it on national TV and saying they dont follow the law isnt helping their case is what im saying.

Get on TV and be ? , be outraged but dont openly make threats and say "we don't follow the US law".
    They have to be smarter with it.

They said they wont to do a citizens arrest but if they detain him and take him to the police, won't he be set free on the spot? Also, he hasn't been charged with anything....so i'm not sure what they can really do..."legally"

By the way i feel something could erupt soon and honestly we dont want a race war. We're severely outnumbered here.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is there a lead prosecutor if he wasn't arrested or charged with a crime?
  • d.green
    Options
    SO FRIGGIN WHAT???????????????????????????

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It needs to be a riot but not in our area. take it to them. fight them. ? these peaceful protests. they dont do ? !
  • d.green
    Options
    GEORGE ZIMMERMAN WAS ARRESTED FOR FELONY ASSAULT ON AN OFFICER AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Charges: ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL Statute Level Date
    1. CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE 843.01 Third Degree - Felony 07/16/2005

Last edited Sat Mar 24, 2012, 09:48 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    From the Orange County, FL Circuit Court Clerk of the Court Records page: [link to myclerk.myorangeclerk.com]
    Record Count: 4
    Search By: Party Exact Name: on Party Search Mode: Name Last Name: Zimmerman First Name: George Case Status: Closed Date Filed On or After: 01/01/2005 Date Filed On or Before: 01/01/2006 Sort By: Filed Date
    Case Number Citation Number Style/Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status Charge(s)
    2005-CF-009525-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
    10/05/1983

07/18/2005
    Div 10
    OKane, Julie H

Criminal Felony
    Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    2005-MM-010436-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
    10/05/1983

07/18/2005
    Orlando
    Miller, W Michael

Misdemeanor
    Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
    2005-DR-012980-O

ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M

08/09/2005
    Div 44
    44, TBA

Domestic Violence
    Closed - SRS

2005-DR-013069-O

ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A

08/10/2005
    Div 46
    White, Keith F

Domestic Violence
    Closed - SRS
  • d.green
    Options
    WELL THIS ISNT ANYTHING NEW.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Things get cloudy from that point on but one thing is for sure, Trayvon wasn't armed and Zimmerman was.
    this is a more negligible issue than you think, because you'd also be asking "did Zimmerman know he was unarmed" (probably not) and "can you not be assaulted by an unarmed man even if armed" (you can)

still, what's very damning is...
    whar wrote: »
    I think the issue will center on whether Zimmerman pursuit of Trayvon excludes the self-defense argument.
    this.
    So, lemme get this straight... Let's say that I have a 12 year old daughter and some big fat idiot with a loaded 9mm semi-automatic handgun is stalking her and then he confronts her in a menacing way and starts asking her questions... My 12 year old daughter (fearing for her life) reacts by kicking this mentally disturbed individual in the nuts in an attempt to escape. The big fat, ? ? responds by putting a bullet in her chest, claiming she attacked him... Self-defense, right?
    no, because that is not the way the law works. let us remember that there is a difference between CLAIMING self-defense and actually being successful in that claim.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    dmalik313 wrote: »
    Yo dawg it may be legally questionable. But what about the actions of this wannabe cop ass-clown? Don't you think he was overstepping his role as a neighborhood watch patrol?
    wait... i thought we were discussing THIS topic? because i'm saying it sounds legally questionable regardless of how outraged one is about Zimmerman.
    dmalik313 wrote: »
    Also, I don't see how self defense can be used here even if Trayvon was kicking his ass.
    uh... that seems like the one clear-cut example where you'd be able to see a claim of self-defense.
    Do you at least understand the anger of the NBPP though?
    anger is not a justification to commit a criminal act (well, i suppose some people claim it is, but you get my point). if they get prosecuted over this, it's not going to do ANYTHING to help what they're mad about.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The criminal justice system at this point has no interest in looking out for a Black kid that was stalked until his death, while having only Skittles and iced tea. If this is what justice looks like, I'm all for the NBPP putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head. It's not like the feds or the Sanford police dept are going to give us justice. If it takes drastic action to show America young Black kids are not pansies to be taken advantage of, than I'm for the bounty 100%, ? it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I said i above i appreciate them being fed up with injustice. Im ? off too. I even posted above i feel he will walk.

But if they are going to do something, saying it on national TV and saying they dont follow the law isnt helping their case is what im saying.

Get on TV and be ? , be outraged but dont openly make threats and say "we don't follow the US law".
    They have to be smarter with it.

They said they wont to do a citizens arrest but if they detain him and take him to the police, won't he be set free on the spot? Also, he hasn't been charged with anything....so i'm not sure what they can really do..."legally"

By the way i feel something could erupt soon and honestly we dont want a race war. We're severely outnumbered here.

I don't want a race war either, and frankly, none is going to happen. However, many innocent Blacks AND Whites will suffer because of this. Some Blacks will retaliate against random Whites because of this, and vice versa. And the circle will go on, sadly. I don't support it, but I guarantee this will happen if justice isn't brought for Trayvon soon. And when justice is denied, as I expect, there will be silent riots all over the nation. And it will be a sad thing to see. For me at least, I'm sure some will relish the thought of bloodshed. I know because I know people who do.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »

That dont even look like him.

Its so sad...supposed adults are trying to paint a 17yr odl murder victim as a thug and questioning his character.

While the murdered has a history of domestic violence and a had a felony charge of assault on a police officer.

What fk'd up country
    r.prince18 wrote: »

That dont even look like him.

Its so sad...supposed adults are trying to paint a 17yr odl murder victim as a thug and questioning his character.

While the murdered has a history of domestic violence and a had a felony charge of assault on a police officer.

What fk'd up country

I know, exactly my point. Zimmerman was charged with domestic violence in the past and also resisting arrest, and called the cops on a 9 year old Black boy before lol.....he has a pattern of violent, aggressive behavior and yet Trayvon is being put on trial now. America hasn't changed its KKK spots very much, has it? Makes me glad I don't live in a white neighborhood, I like going home in peace without being stalked by racists with an agenda.
  • MorrisBX
    MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Trayvon Martin's mother moves to trademark phrases that have become rallying cries in wake of son's death
    image.jpg

Protesters wearing Trayvon Martin t-shirts joined over a hundred demonstrators who braved heavy rain downpours to demand justice for the killing of teenager Trayvon Martin during a march to Leimert Park in Los Angeles on Sunday.

While Trayvon Martin’s mother accused authorities of smearing her son, her lawyer revealed she’s moved to trademark slogans that have been popularized amid the outcry over his killing.

Sybrina Fulton, the slain teen’s mother, has sought to trademark two phrases: “Justice for Trayvon” and “I Am Trayvon,” attorney Kimra Major-Morris confirmed in an email Monday in which she said the move was not intended to reap a profit, the Associated Press reported.

The two sayings have become like rallying cries since the 17-year-old was shot to death during a still-murky encounter with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla.

The shooting of the unarmed boy has sparked a national firestorm over race, gun rights and a Florida law that says a person has no duty to retreat once attacked — as Zimmerman insists was the case.

The trademark applications said the catch phrases could be used on DVDs and CDs — but the mother’s lawyer indicated their use would be to support those who find themselves suffering for the same reasons as Fulton.

In confirming the applications to the AP, trademark attorney Kimra Major-Morris wrote in an email that the grieving mother wants to safeguard intellectual property rights for “projects that will assist other families who experience similar tragedies.”

When a reporter for the wire service asked if the mother had any designs to make a profit, Major-Morris responded, “None.”

News of the trademark applications came as Fulton joined with civil rights leaders in accusing the Sanford police department of leaking information about Trayvon’s background in a bid to sully the teen and justify its decision not to charge Zimmerman.

Trayvon, who had no criminal record, once got suspended from school after being caught with an empty marijuana baggie.

He received another suspension after he was found to be carrying women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that was deemed a possible burglary tool.

“They’ve killed my son; now they are trying to ? his reputation,” Fulton lamented.

While the feds continue to investigate the case, the controversy, and media attention it has generated, have fueled online sales of Trayvon-related merchandise.

One white T-shirt being hawked on eBay includes the following sentence: “I walk and stand in solidarity with the family of Trayvon Martin in their quest to seek justice for the murder of their son.”

The online description of the shirt says 10% of proceeds will be donated to a fund in Trayvon’s name.

Another shirt being sold even includes a depiction of Skittles, the candy Trayvon purchased shortly before his death.

Other Trayvon items available on eBay include stickers, bumper stickers and hooded sweatshirts — the type of garment Trayvon was wearing, hood up, when Zimmerman spotted him coming out of a convenience store and deemed him to be suspicious.

The websites spreadshirt.com and cafepress.com are among the online outlets that are selling Trayvon T-shirts in large quantities.

More: Mar 27 - Trayvon Martin's mother moves to trademark phrases that have become rallying cries in wake of son's death - TH
  • MorrisBX
    MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Mar 27 - Pus-y Ass ? : Shocking Trayvon t-shirt bearing rapper's crude lyrics go on sale

An explosive new t-shirt has come out with a picture of Trayvon Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman, with the words ‘P***Y A** ? ’, adding fuel to the racial firestorm following the shooting of the unarmed teen.
    The first picture of the offensive shirt was posted on Twitter showing Florida rapper Plies who has joined the growing list of celebrities supporting the Martin family’s fight.

The slogan on the t-shirt appears to be a lyric from the lesser-known rapper’s song, 100 Years, which he used to describe racist judges who hand down excessive prison sentences to black defendants.

article-2120812-1259F8A1000005DC-557_468x681.jpg
    Offensive: Florida rapper Plies wears the controversial t-shirt with shooter George Zimmerman's face and a lyric from one of his songs

The shirt is just the latest in a string of home-made merchandise to have surfaced amid the growing public campaign to reinvestigate the shooting of Trayvon Martin by volunteer neighbourhood watchman George Zimmerman.

Plies, whose real name is Algernod Lanier Washington, has a criminal history of his own and was arrested for illegal possession of a concealed weapon after a 2006 fight ended with six rounds of bullets being fired.

Two members of his entourage were arrested for attempted murder.
    In the song, he raps: ‘P***y a** ? give a n**** a hundred years/ have ya mama leavin’ out the courtroom in tears/ crackers don’t love to have a n**** breathin’ for real/ take a n**** life from him they don’t know how it feel’.

In addition to the controversial t-shirt, which is reportedly on sale in Florida, Plies released a tribute song, ‘We Are Trayvon Martin’ which will be on sale through iTunes starting Tuesday. All profits are said to go to the Martin family.

Compared to the Plies t-shirt, most of the merchandise on sale has been relatively tame but all show a strong message of support for the Martin family and call for the immediate arrest of George Zimmerman.

Though the teen’s parents have encouraged the public to get involved in spreading the cause, Trayvon’s mother has taken formal steps today to gain some control over the production of merchandise.

article-2120812-1259F89D000005DC-44_233x423.jpg
    All smiles: The rapper is also releasing a tribute song, the profits of which are due to go to the Martin family

article-2120812-125862A8000005DC-865_468x296.jpg
    Big name: Rev. Al Sharpton (left) joined Trayvon Martin's parents, Sabrina Fulton (center) and Tracy Martin (right) at a community forum on Monday

article-2120812-12586475000005DC-289_468x478.jpg
    Next step: Ms Fulton (left), seen here with Reverends Al Sharpton (center) and Jesse Jackson (right) filed a patent on two phrases relating to her son

It was revealed today that Sabrina Fulton, the boy’s mother, filed two petitions last week to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to specifically gain the rights to the phrases ‘I Am Trayvon’ and ‘Justice For Trayvon’, both of which have been frequently used by protesters across the country.

The patent application shows that she is specifically looking for control of the use of those phrases on CDs and DVDs, so it should have little to no effect on the creation of t-shirts or hoodies for the cause.

article-2120812-125849E5000005DC-107_468x328.jpg
    Calmer: Other t-shirts, like the one worn by this Florida woman, show their support for Trayvon Martin without using swear-riddled lyrics

article-2120812-1258795D000005DC-46_468x311.jpg
    Support: New York state senators Kevin Parker (left), Bill Perkins (center), and Eric Adams (right) all wore hoodies in a senate session on Monday

Read More: Mar 27 - Pus-y Ass ? : Shocking Trayvon t-shirt bearing rapper's crude lyrics go on sale - ThatHustle

Via: Daily Mail
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i know this case is all over the news and stuff, but y dont they have a pic that was taken within like the last 3 months? i honestly think its because the 17 year old trayvon looks like a threat, so to plead the case better, they use the old 12-14 year old trayvon pics... its ALWAYS 3 sides to the story
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I already prepared myself to the fact that even if the Grand Jury wants to bring charges...Zimmerman will be found not guilty.
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    supposly theres picture of him looking like a thug but i think those of are someone else
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    i honestly think he did look like a thug when he was 17.. come on now... 6'3 at 17?? u know damn well he wasnt lookin all innocent and ? ... i just read somewhere he used to talk wreckless on twitter too
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares? Why is George Zimmerman still free?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah they got some pic of him showin his grill and ? lookin like every other "tough" kid.....i dont give a ? if he had a AK tatted on his forehead and 2pac t-shirt on....he aint supposed to be dead right now, at the hands of some fat, scary ass watch leader....
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    so i guess zimmerman felt like the black boy was gone get the best of him and literally beat him to death? smh.. even if he was beating his ass, he shouldna been shot dead..
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh@ anyone who supports that plies shirt
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    so i guess zimmerman felt like the black boy was gone get the best of him and literally beat him to death? smh.. even if he was beating his ass, he shouldna been shot dead..

if he was, zimmerman still initiated the ? .....if he woulda stayed his ass in the house eatin bagel bites, none of this ? woulda happened.....trayvon woulda got a good ass sugar rush for the night and everything would have just kept rollin...
This discussion has been closed.