Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Discussion Thread...

Options

Comments

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have serious doubts the NBPP is about that life. If they were a they wouldn't have to bribe anyone into doing their ? work.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm starting to feel this ? is going to get away with this.
  • d.green
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Each case is different. Social media is major these days. Its for the same reason Kony 2012 got so much pub but Darfur didn't get as much.

I;m just sick of police and whites killing blacks and getting away with it.
    Sick of racism.

I'm also sick of of the ignorant blacks who rob, murder and steal also. They make it harder for the rest of us.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope the New Black Panther Party are successful in their efforts....
  • dmalik313
    dmalik313 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    ghost tho wrote: »
    Everyone wants to talk about Trayvon Martin....we can go over a lot of other cases similar to innocent unarmed black man being shot by police or another citizen.

What about Sean Bell was there a hoodie march for him when NYPD murdered him with 50 slugs?

What about Oscar Grant? Also another case of injustice I don't remember any social media or public demonstrations for him.

Ever heard of Amadou Diallo?

Robert Tolan?

I can keep going on but I'm sure social media also publicized the above mentioned cases as well.

Single most ignorant post in here... ALLLLLL u have to do is google or youtube search and you'll see DOZENS of
    public demonstration videos for Oscar Grant, Sean Bell and Diallo.

Whats wrong with u?

Where've u been?

Slow your roll son.

Actually he's got a point and he's not actually disagreeing with you here. I disagree with him on the fact that there weren't protests for all examples he was giving... but the fact remains there was no justice for those people too. In fact I remember Oscar Grant because I live in the bay area and rode on the BART when I was working in San Francisco. There was a whole lotta noise back in 2009 for Oscar, not just locally and nationally.

Sadly american public are a bunch of sheeps (especially the middle class white household) and government knows this. This ? will die down eventually and distracted by the next thing. Maybe cynical but look at history. If you're angry about it don't waste your time arguing with people on message boards... do something about!
  • dmalik313
    dmalik313 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    alright, let's try and discuss the topic: doesn't this seem to be legally questionable?

Yo dawg it may be legally questionable. But what about the actions of this wannabe cop ass-clown? Don't you think he was overstepping his role as a neighborhood watch patrol? At the very least if he called the cops he should have let them do their job.

Also, I don't see how self defense can be used here even if Trayvon was kicking his ass. ? maybe Florida is that ass-backwards? Don't you think they should have brought this fool in and drug-tested him and everything.. at the VERY least.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait wait, you telling me that this dude followed a teen cause he thought he was captain planet(read; an idiot), got beat up by said teen and than shot him to death?

how the ? is he NOT in jail? he murdered a person....there should be no discussion here.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not going to jail.

After watching some stuff on it last night on TV, then looking it up on the internet, he isn't going to jail. Self-defense it is. I doubt it had to do w race.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    He's not going to jail.

After watching some stuff on it last night on TV, then looking it up on the internet, he isn't going to jail. Self-defense it is. I doubt it had to do w race.

He still followed the teen and stalked him, after police told him to NOT follow the teen. Trayvon's girlfriend backs him up on tape, he was being followed. The teen than ASKED "why are you following me?". Zimmerman than said "What are you doing here?". Things get cloudy from that point on but one thing is for sure, Trayvon wasn't armed and Zimmerman was. How the ? was this self defense? I think race played a huge role in this, he said ? ? on tape.

Zimmerman may have had Black friends, but than again, Ted Bundy had female friends too......didn't stop him from hating and murdering 32 women. Zimmerman needs to be locked the ? up!!! But on the other hand, I'm starting to think he won't be locked up either. Cops are too crooked and racist in Sanford Florida, obviously.
  • VIBE
    Options
    A racist will not have friends of whatever race they're against, a "true racist" that is. If Zimmerman hates blacks so much then why does he have such friends? One of his black friends stated he knew that Zimmerman carried a gun. Where Zimmerman lives, it's legal as long as he's licensed to do so.

I understand the following part, he wasn't supposed to after being told by the 911 operator, "okay, we don't need you to do that".

I think that Trayvon was innocent, didn't deserve to be killed. I also think too that they did get into a scuffle. Zimmerman followed Trayvon, Trayvon ran, Zimmerman gave chase, both ended up face to face, Zimmerman tried to take him down, Trayvon fought back, Zimmerman shot him.

Neighbors who say they heard Trayvon saying, "no no no, please..." *gun shot* say that when they came out, Zimmerman was in shock, walking slowing w his hands on his head.

The most crucial pieces are the phone calls (to the police and Trayvons girlfriend), witnesses who were immediately there and the last part of Trayvon's plea. Was that deserving of a self-defense shot? Was Zimmerman in trouble while Trayvon was pleading? Did Zimmerman shoot out of anger? etc... I'm gonna watch this full coverage thing on CNN tonight...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea as ? up as this is i don't think Zimmerman will ever be found guilty b/c it's basically his word vs nobodies. As fluke as his statements are nobody is alive that can contradict them.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the issue will center on whether Zimmerman pursuit of Trayvon excludes the self-defense argument. In my opinion it must but I am no legal scholar. Lets look at the decision of each party. (At least to my understanding.)

Trayon is walking home (to his father fiance's house). He notices someone following him in a car. He gets a little ? and tries to lose the guy. He cuts through an alley or side street but gets cut off. Doubling back he finds himself in a face to face confrontation with a stranger. Feeling threatening and cornered he defends himself. Even if he attacks the stranger the Stand your Ground law states you may defend yourself when you feel your life is threatened.

Everything Trayon did was legal.

Zimmerman sees Trayvon and think he is suspicious. I will assume the best of Zimmerman and accept the story that several break-ins in recent months have been attributed to black youths. He follows Trayvon in a car. Talking with police the dispatcher states he does not need to follow but does not direct him not too. (This I think is a massive failure on the dispacther's fault.) Trayvon ducks down a path/yard/alley that Zimmerman can not follow and Zimmerman gets out of the car and follows on foot. Zimmerman at this point has not broken any laws.

Now the direct confrontation starts. Perhaps with Trayvon throwing the first punch. (He would have been justified given how threatened he felt.) Zimmerman finds himself on the losing end of the fight and fearing for his safety draws his gun and shoots Trayvon.

Everything Zimmerman did appears legal as well.

Therein is the problem. How can all parties engage in perfectly legal behavior while one ends up dead and the other intentional causing that death? Since Zimmerman was the party that escalated and drove the action he must bear the responsibility of the outcome. While I do not think it is murder as it lacks premeditation I do think that following Trayvon outside his vehicle removes the self-defense argument.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So, lemme get this straight... Let's say that I have a 12 year old daughter and some big fat idiot with a loaded 9mm semi-automatic handgun is stalking her and then he confronts her in a menacing way and starts asking her questions... My 12 year old daughter (fearing for her life) reacts by kicking this mentally disturbed individual in the nuts in an attempt to escape. The big fat, ? ? responds by putting a bullet in her chest, claiming she attacked him... Self-defense, right? No jail time for the fat trigger man, right? GTFOH!!!!!!!

I swear, if this clown doesn't do any jail time, I hope the entire state of Florida gets burned to the ground, and I'll be there to help set it ablaze.
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    This is new age attention ? . If the NBPP wanted to ? Zimmerman they could have done it without a public bounty. What they should do is wait for the legal system to run its course. The police didnt do their job and are now being investigated by the State and Feds. Depending on their findings, Zimmerman will be tried in a court of law. Maybe they find him guilty, maybe they won't. Just like any other murderer.

Taking vigilante action against a vigilante isn't going to accomplish anything that will advance the overall goals of Black people in this country.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if your daughter is white..he goes to jail easily

if shes not...well??? anyones guess

IMO
  • VIBE
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    I think the issue will center on whether Zimmerman pursuit of Trayvon excludes the self-defense argument. In my opinion it must but I am no legal scholar. Lets look at the decision of each party. (At least to my understanding.)

Trayon is walking home (to his father fiance's house). He notices someone following him in a car. He gets a little ? and tries to lose the guy. He cuts through an alley or side street but gets cut off. Doubling back he finds himself in a face to face confrontation with a stranger. Feeling threatening and cornered he defends himself. Even if he attacks the stranger the Stand your Ground law states you may defend yourself when you feel your life is threatened.

Everything Trayon did was legal.

Zimmerman sees Trayvon and think he is suspicious. I will assume the best of Zimmerman and accept the story that several break-ins in recent months have been attributed to black youths. He follows Trayvon in a car. Talking with police the dispatcher states he does not need to follow but does not direct him not too. (This I think is a massive failure on the dispacther's fault.) Trayvon ducks down a path/yard/alley that Zimmerman can not follow and Zimmerman gets out of the car and follows on foot. Zimmerman at this point has not broken any laws.

Now the direct confrontation starts. Perhaps with Trayvon throwing the first punch. (He would have been justified given how threatened he felt.) Zimmerman finds himself on the losing end of the fight and fearing for his safety draws his gun and shoots Trayvon.

Everything Zimmerman did appears legal as well.

Therein is the problem. How can all parties engage in perfectly legal behavior while one ends up dead and the other intentional causing that death? Since Zimmerman was the party that escalated and drove the action he must bear the responsibility of the outcome. While I do not think it is murder as it lacks premeditation I do think that following Trayvon outside his vehicle removes the self-defense argument.

Good break down, co-sign.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    typical smear job. now they bringin up he got suspended from school for "marijuana residue"
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The guy should be in jail. People speaking about vigilante, what he did is the true vigilante. He needs a court date and for a judge and or jury to decide his fate, if not then Florida is not the US because that is how the US works and they have come up with there own rules. So, that means it is a outlaw state and outlaw tactics must be fought with outlaw tactics.
  • d.green
    Options
    Now Trayvon had weed in school in the past. They are going to try and make him out to be a super thug.
    LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/27/us/trayvon-martin-had-been-suspended-over-marijuana.html
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
  • d.green
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »

That dont even look like him.

Its so sad...supposed adults are trying to paint a 17yr odl murder victim as a thug and questioning his character.

While the murdered has a history of domestic violence and a had a felony charge of assault on a police officer.

What fk'd up country
  • d.green
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This New BPP is on CNN looking foolish right now.

I appreciate them being fed up with injustice as I am also but they have to things within the law.
    The minister Muhammad is on there saying they may not find Zimmerman alive and they dont follow the laws of the US Govt, etc. That isn't going to help much.
  • apocalyptica
    apocalyptica Members Posts: 225
    edited March 2012
    Options
    >SANFORD -- Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school in October in an incident in which he was found in possession of women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that a schools security staffer described as a “burglary tool,” The Miami Herald has learned.

>Trayvon, who claimed that an unnamed friend had given him the jewelry, was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

>According to the report, on Oct. 21 staffers monitoring a security camera at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School spotted Trayvon and two other students writing “W.T.F.,” an acronym for “What the f---,” on a hallway locker, according to schools police. The security employee, who knew Trayvon, confronted the teen and looked through his bag for the graffiti marker.

>Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described the screwdriver as a burglary tool.

>Trayvon was asked if the jewelry, which was mostly women’s rings and earrings, belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

>“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Zimmerman WILL walk. They're taking too long to investigate, which isn't a good sign in the case of someone being killed. Zimmerman will get away with this, the police department and federal govt is too racist to take this case very seriously.

Mark my words.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it wouldnt be shocking
This discussion has been closed.