The Official 2012-2013 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lamar Dawson. la_i_dawson_sy_200.jpg

The number alone should be the reason he needs to step up. So far he's been a Spring and Fall camp all American but just an average joe when the lights are on. He's actually in a fight for his job with Anthony Sarao. Hopefully that'll be what lights the fire for him.

Aundrey Walkeraundrey-walker.jpg

I sort of feel bad choosing him because Lane moved him away from his HS and natural position which is OG to LT. He has all the measurables and shows flashes but he ? up all the time too. (He missed the block that got Barkley sidelined.) Gotta step it up Big Drey.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    And since I missed the breakout players posts yesterday here's USC's.

True Soph. Nelson Agholor aka Baby Lee
    ncf_g_agholor_gb1_576.jpg

Nelson has all the talent in the world. Him and Lee's games are real similar. Nelson is more of a elusive guy once the ball is in his hands in comparison Lee is more deliberate and just uses the burners. Agholor could've had a bigger freshman year if Lane and Bark didn't have tunnel vision for Lee.

Leonard Williams DE (True Soph)rn_i_leonardwilliams1_ms_576.jpg

Big Leo just makes plays. High Motor with a bunch of talent. NFL's network Daniel Jeremiah is already on the Leo bandwagon.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Watching ND offense vs USC defense…USC's freshman DT #94 is going to be a monster!

Devon Kennard (SR RS)
    dk.jpg

DK was a highly touted recruit that early on was moved around from position to position MLB,DE,WLB. Once he got to DE full time he started to flash then he got injured and missed the whole year. This year we moved to a 3-4 look and he's a stand up rusher. And has been probably our most impressive defensive player this spring. (Mind you Morgan Breslin who scouts have as a potential 1st round pick for next year is the opposite rush backer) I expect DK to have a big senior season.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BDB and @inglewoodB

What's the minimum amount of Dubs for Kiffin to keep his job this year?

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Player who needs to step up next year:

131531728.0_standard_352.0.jpg

David Ash. No competition at QB, coming off his best performance as a starter in the Alamo Bowl last year. Plays better when the offense is more up tempo which is what Mack and Major want anyway. The only way Texas gets back into the BCS picture is if he plays consistently.
  • BDBIID
    edited May 2013
    Options
    @BDB and @inglewoodB

10 maybe even 11 imo. This the weakest our schedule been in years. 13 scheduled games No Oregon or U Dub on the schedule. Play Stanford and UCLA in the Coliseum. Two toughest road games is OrSt and ND. OOC opponents are wack.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

On offense it's Rashawn Scott, put up great stats but missed games due to off the field issues. Immaturity issues are a red flag. Has the tools to put up a great season.

Rashawn_Scott_Suspended.jpg

On defense, gotta be Anthony Chickillo. Had a good freshman season but was a disappearing act in his sophomore year. Desperately need him to make an impact in the pass rushing game seeing as we have a much maligned group of defensive linemen.

Anthony+Chickillo+Miami+v+Florida+State+lbrhQYzdTwNl.jpg
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DE Ray Drew

rn_uga_fau_ms_19.jpg

A 5 star who just hasn't been able to see the field yet. Has to be more consistent to make an impact

LB Amarlo Herrera

320x.jpg

Been solid his whole career but now he has to step up and replace Olgetree
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Breakout players

512x.jpg

RB Johnathan Gray. He's the best of the 3 headed RB attack and he should get the bulk of the carries with Malcolm Brown being the change of pace back and Joe Bergeron being the Goal Line RB.

Mike+Davis+Texas+v+Mississippi+luVhSo94TjGl.jpg

WR Mike Davis. Best receiver at Texas and Ash' #1 target. Had an up and down career so far, but has all the tools to be a Roy Williams type receiver. If Ash is gonna take it to the next level he's gonna have to as well.

rn_i_quandrediggs_ms_400.jpg

DB Quandre Diggs. Taking Kenny Vaccaro's place in the secondary and will be one of the leaders on defense. Also a special teams threat.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I'ma shole miss Kenny Vaccaro (nh)...

...But I fuxx with Quandre Diggs too...

512x.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsrdabEUxvcr78g1QRhkdqClCx95tCegYOjNczHNTojyolLMnTDA
    628x471.jpg
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Smh I can't take another loss in the shootout lol. Too much ether...

Aye Greenwood what do you think about a lot of the media saying the BiG 12 is wide open this year? I see people picking Oklahoma state and TCU to win the conference.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Smh I can't take another loss in the shootout lol. Too much ether...

Aye Greenwood what do you think about a lot of the media saying the BiG 12 is wide open this year? I see people picking Oklahoma state and TCU to win the conference.

On paper....

....It actually is. The two co-champs lost their starting QBs and several top players. So that automatically puts the 'chip in the air.

The first polls and predictions always give the advantage to teams with the most returning starters in important positions and that hurts teams like us, K-state, West Virginia, Baylor, etc.

But we all know that ? gets real when the games start.

Baylor was supposed to be trash after RG3 left (didn't happen) We were supposed to be trash after Jason White left - after Bomar got booted - after Bradford got hurt - after Demarco Murray left - after Broyles left, etc, etc.

We still got a gang of talent and honestly, we're more talented now at every position that we lost players in.

O-Line will be better even without Lane Johnson.
    QB will be better without Landry Romo.
    D-Line will be younger but better.

Only question mark for us is the secondary. We'll have 3 new starters out of our 4 DB spots.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    It'll be interesting. It's been a minute since there wasn't a clear cut favorite/co-favorites in the Big 12.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I know one thing -- Okey lite ain't about that life. They've been garbage in recruiting the last couple years and they've had some key players transferring and getting into trouble.

Wes Lunt (who was supposed to be that Senior Citizen's replacement) is transferring, their best RB and DB are gone, etc.

They'll be back to just gettin' beasted the whole season and saving all their energy and hopes for the Bedlam game against us.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Wish I could say the SEC east was wide open but we all know who run that.

The West should be interesting tho
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? posting pictures for who needs to step up, if I did, It would be the whole damn team.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    We 3 peating

At the same damn time?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait til September, ready to see how this new playoff system works
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I can't wait til September, ready to see how this new playoff system works

That's next season.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I thought it was this year too for a minute. Maybe the new system won't penalize people for losing a game most teams don't have to play

To answer your next question yes I'm still slightly salty about what happened last December
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I can't wait for the playoff either.

Thing is, the computer and "voting" ish will still be substantial.

There will be some questionable "top 4" teams at the end of the season.

A non-SEC team will still have to go undefeated (or a maximum of 1 loss) to make that top 4.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    For the record, OU would've made it to the Playoff 5 times in the BCS era.

But we made it to the NCG in 4 of those years anyway so we can't really complain.

What this will do is prevent teams with high expectations from giving up on the season after 1 loss.

When you talkin' about teams with 17-22 year olds -- that mental aspect is huge.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to BDB for holdin it down and representin for USC. I was just finna come show out for the squad but i see you already got that handled.

My IC time been cut way the ? back for a few months now. Ain't no fair weather fanship over here tho.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BDB and @inglewoodB

Nothing less than at least playing in the Pac12 championship. So yeah about 10-11 wins. Too much talent for this underachieving, sanctions or not.