The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    l_1506999_c779f9c4.jpg

Haywire - B, Great Cast, crazy conspiracy storyline and ol girl killed it and has action star potential. But she must work on her acting, it was a little wooden that's why they surrounded her with such a great cast but she did great for her 1st movie.

xmen-first-class-posters-a-l_0.jpg

X-men 1st Class - B. It's better than Xmen, Xmen 3 and Wolverine Origins. X2 is still the best of the franchise but this is right there. Love the chemistry between Charles and Eric, it was a good prequel and really does a great job introducing you to the Xmen world.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tower-heist-poster-slice-593x314.jpg

Tower Heist - C +, It was ok it had it's moments and was entertaining but Eddie's 1st idea was to have all the top Black Comedians do it and I think that would of been better.

poster-stateofplay.jpg

State of Play - B, well acted and pretty suspenseful. Russell did great in this. Ben didn't do that bad also. I like how it looked at journalist and their bias in telling stories.

State of Play is FIRE! B+

The Tree of Life: I can't give a grad I have to continue to watch.

Warrior: was FIRE A

Haywire: needed more action!!!!!! C

Adjustment Bureau: A the best love story I have seen in a while!
    Water For Elephants: B dope lil love story, The elephant was bout that life!

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chronicle is good as a mother ? . ? is real good. Watch that.
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    Avoid the movie contraband

l_1524137_e11ef5fc.jpg

Should of listened but I gave it a chance, started out kinda ILL but went way downhill and that ending was way to Hollywood. I give it a C -
    Every UnderWorld movie is bad ass. Watch it.

Salt was pretty good. Not great.

Underworld-Awakening-Film-Poster-3.jpg

Watched "Underworld 4" last night, Damn I missed Kate Beckensale, they messed up on Part 3 doing a prequel and not featuring her. The only weak part is the whole kid story line but she went Ham, she needs to get her props as one of the top action chicks in the game. It was good, I give it a B - but it's not seeing Underworld 1 and 2. Salt was dope, saw in on the Big Screen, hope they do a sequel. Angie is the baddest action chick in the game.

• rapmastermind
    Options
    220px-Priest_Poster.jpg

If you seen the movie "Legion" this is basically the same style and movie since it's the same director and same actor. It was a decent concept, futuristic movie about priest who ? vampires but it was very cliche and predictable. Also the ending didn't do anything for more. The action in some spots was good though. It's actually based on a comic book. Gotta give this one a D.

220px-Sucker_Punch_poster.jpg

Now this is a Zack Synder film, you know "Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchman" and I kind of like his visual style so I gave him a chance with this. He dropped the ball. All the dream sequences and that world was dope but the whole mental institution storyline brought the whole movie down. It would of been dope if it was just her in that strange world the whole movie. I give it a C -
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sucker Punch was awful...I started skipping through it after 45mins....I'ma have to watch that movie "Warrior" I've heard nothing but good things about it.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched Episode I. Still a terrible movie, but 90% of it looks great on bluray. Really shouldve made a choice on whether they were gonna have puppets and people in costumes, or go with CGI. Looks terrible when they go back in forth, and some of the cgi people look like they're walking on air. Pod race and darth maul fight do make up for the bad moments. Liked it more than when I first saw it.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sucker Punch was awful...I started skipping through it after 45mins....I'ma have to watch that movie "Warrior" I've heard nothing but good things about it.

i had to re watch sucker punch cause i shut it down after a couple mins the first time, but its aight.

Warrior is a good flick but its one of them feel good ? where everything works out, ? was a bit over the top imo

• rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options

Chronicle1.jpg

Grade - B Came out way better than I thought it would. Not a huge fan of the "Found Footage" genre even though "Cloverfield" wasn't that bad. But I liked this movie and themes about how there will always be someone who wants more power than everyone else. It was cool seeing how they reacted to their new found power and the cast had a great chemistry but SMH @ the Black Dude, they ain't have to do ? like that. Also the movie kinda bit the Classic Japanese anime "Akira" which I would recommend for anyone to see:

akira_bluray.jpg
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options

Chronicle1.jpg

Grade - B Came out way better than I thought it would. Not a huge fan of the "Found Footage" genre even though "Cloverfield" wasn't that bad. But I liked this movie and themes about how there will always be someone who wants more power than everyone else. It was cool seeing how they reacted to their new found power and the cast had a great chemistry but SMH @ the Black Dude, they ain't have to do ? like that.

? was actually the better actor out of the three and his character gelled everything together. but u know the horror movie rules, the black guy has to go first.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    inthacut wrote: »
    ? was actually the better actor out of the three and his character gelled everything together. but u know the horror movie rules, the black guy has to go first.

I said the same thing when I watched "X-men 1st Class", why the Black Mutant have to be killed. Hollywood think's their slick but the pattern is so obvious that Black People just laugh cause it's expected.

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I peeped Warrior..really good flick, can't wait to see Tom Hardy as Bane
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    220px-Battleship_Poster.jpg
    Thank ? I had a free ticket. Average. With that said they did pay homage to the game with the whole battles and how the ships fought the aliens but that didn't save it. The effects were good and it was basically your typical summer blockbuster. I have a feeling it's actually going to flop, I don't see it having strong legs cause you don't really care for the characters. Rihanna was nothing more than eye candy and obviously her acting wasn't even on point either. Overall again, Glad I had a free ticket. I give it a D. Wait for DVD, HBO or even syfy channel.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I liked Chronicle too. It was cool
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you guys feel about Shutter Island? (I give it a B)
    Margin Call? (I gave it an A, I thought it to be better than too big to fail)
    Liked Shutter Island, but not something I can watch over and over like Inception

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    watched David Fincher's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - ? was dope: 5/5 - finally something great from him again. I thought Zodiac was 5/5 but besides that ever since Fight Club his movies have been more miss than hit for me with Panic Room, Benjamin Button and Social Network. with this movie he's back to form this his second best film behind Fight Club
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    watched David Fincher's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - ? was dope: 5/5 - finally something great from him again. I thought Zodiac was 5/5 but besides that ever since Fight Club his movies have been more miss than hit for me with Panic Room, Benjamin Button and Social Network. with this movie he's back to form this his second best film behind Fight Club

I love Fincher, Dragon Tattoo was dope but I heard the international version was better but that was still good. To Me "Panic Room" was his only miss, Button and Network were both good films. "Seven and Fight Club" are classics. "Zodiac" was solid and "The Game" was dope and you know what I even enjoyed "Alien 3", it only gets criticized cause Alien and Aliens are Classic films. Overall Fincher has a great catalog.

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cabin in the Woods - B
    Friends with Benefits - B-
    Boogie Nights - A+ (seen it a million times and I still love it)
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    friends with benefits was dope
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    215px-The_Darkest_Hour_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

WACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This gets my first F grade, it was that terrible. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. The Effects were TV Movie, Sci-Fi channel status. I can not believe the screenwriter for "Prometheus" which is looking like a possible instant Classic wrote this garbage.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Teacher C.. i thought it would be better

Attack the Block was pretty cool C+ because they were french
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ Attack the block was A+
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Men-in-Black-3.jpg

GRADE - B -. I have to say I was surprised, this came out pretty good and the Time Travel thing worked pretty well. Josh Brolin stole the movie cause he was amazing as a younger Tommy Lee Jones. Will brought the laughs but it closed out the trilogy nice, way better than MIB II.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    poster1SPART.jpg

Only watched it for Alex North's score...And the much referenced, "I'm Spartacus" scene...You kno', where the King offers to spare the rebel slaves if Spartacus reveals himself...He stands and says, "I'm Spartacus"...then the goon next to him goes, "I'm Spartacus!"...and so on...
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ Attack the block was A+

c/s. That ? was too dope. I've seen it like 5 times.