The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont get me wrong i liked the movie alot the aliens looked though otherwise B
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starship Troopers. Just finished the book so I had to watch the movie again. One of my favorites. Should've done better with the sequels.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    anybody got a download link for Attack the Block?

EDIT n/m I found a link to watch it online, for anybody else who hasn't seen it...Sockshare is the ? as far as streaming movies/tv shows
    http://www.sockshare.com/file/EBBC728D6F7B1DDE
  • kingofbama205
    Options
    Attack of block was the ? I'd say B+ Moses was ill
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    220px-Breaking_Dawn_Part_1_Poster.jpg

Grade (D) Twilight Fan? Hell No but one of my friends with benefits is, so I ended up seeing the whole series pretty much against my will. Well last night we were chillin and she had rented this, I came over right as it was starting so I was pretty much stuck. I hate the whole series, Underworld is a better Vampire/Ware wolf saga to me. Anyways nothing to see here unless you are a fan of the books.

scream4-poster.jpg

Grade (D), Series is beyond wack at this point. Should of stopped after the 1st one. I know it's a parody of scary movies and that's the point of the Scream series but this one was really wack.

• kingofbama205
    Options
    Men In Black 3...I really enjoyed this...I'd give it a B The ending was great with that little twist..and I enjoyed the Bad Guy
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watching The Hatfield and McCoys right now on the history channel....? is ill
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i watched this movie Cyrus with John C. Reilly, Marisa Tomei and Jonah Hill. ? was actually a really good movie, all 3 actors were excellent. and i can't believe Marisa Tomei is 46 years old in this movie she is still gorgeous and very fit, i wouldn't hesitate for a second.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Woman

The_Woman_Movie_Poster_Freemovietag.jpg

I would recommend this movie to any horror movie fan, it starts off a bit slow but it ends in a bang.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The Grey: A
    Liam Neeson, what movie is he not in.. That one dude ? me off
    Surviving the crash, surviving the nights, then ? out and says ? it

The Raid Redemption: A+ Man that bad guy was going the ? in.. Must see
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Still haven't seen "Attack of the Block", gotta check it out. I really want to see "The Grey" also.

Bridesmaids_movie_poster.jpg

Grade (B- ), it was basically the female Hangover but it did have a lot of funny parts in it.

41E3uoQIJqL._SX500_.jpg

Grade (C), I can't believe you have 2 of the biggest stars in the world and they couldn't make a better movie than that. Also the ending was weak and I was shaking my Head. This should of been way more action packed and it would actually have been hot instead it was basically a Drama Love Story with a little action in the mix.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw the man with no name trilogy on two different channels. Always feels random. End up searching to see if clint eastwood died after I'm done.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Liam Nesson day today:

516z83s3i%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Grade (C+). This one basically had the same vibe as "Taken", this is going to be Liam's new type cast since everyone loved him in that movie. But the movie had a nice twist it kinda bit "Long Kiss Goodnight" a little bit but overall I thought it was good. Liam carried the movie.

Watch-The-Grey-Online.jpg

Grade (A). By far one of the greatest survival films I've ever seen. I thought "Alive" was wild, this one took the cake. The whole movie was deep and touched on a lot of things about appreciating life. Liam killed it, the wolves were crazy. I use to see the poster in the subways that image stayed with me but when I saw it in the movie, it made sense why that was on the poster. I loved it, amazing movie. The title was dope also cause "The Grey" had a double meaning, it was 1 about "The Grey" Wolves that they faced and also The Grey area between life and death. Again Loved it.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    attack the block was dope as ? ...thnx for putting me on that ? ...B- frm me.

i saw Project X last nite...ppl hyped it up to b better than superbad and ? ...it wasnt close really...the characters werent nearly as good as superbad and it wasnt really funny to me...i give it a c+ tho coz it was exactly wat i expected...good entertainment and a fun movie...them ? really did throw the most epic party ever
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    saw the original last house on the left. it was so-so...if you like wes craven you'll like it. had all the elements he usually uses - extremely campy, more comedy than horror, a twist that empowers the victim. i give it a C.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    scream4-poster.jpg

Grade (D), Series is beyond wack at this point. Should of stopped after the 1st one. I know it's a parody of scary movies and that's the point of the Scream series but this one was really wack.

i actually liked scream 4. it obviously wasn't touchin the original but i thought it rivaled 2 as the best one of the sequels.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    i actually liked scream 4. it obviously wasn't touchin the original but i thought it rivaled 2 as the best one of the sequels.

4 was better than 3 but that's not saying much.

man-on-a-ledge.jpg

GRADE (C), I'm sorry but this was basically "The Negotiator on a Ledge", the same movie as the Samuel L movie but again on a Ledge. Premise was ok but the delivery of the movie was not.

30-minutes-or-less-poster_20110814122831-275x268.jpg

GRADE (C) It had it's funny moments but it was very corny in so many parts, but I did laugh.
  • kingofbama205
    Options
    I watched Bonnie and Clyde the 1967 film with Warren Beatty & Gene Hackman...really good film
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Blitz%2BMovie%2BPoster.jpg
    not bad.....not great... but a fun watch...

nice spin on the whole good cop/ bad cop mythology
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    thought this was fairly decent, definitely worth watching:

wall-Street-Money-Never-Sleeps.jpg

hadn't seen this since in the theatre, watched it on blu-ray (copped the recent steelbook release)- amazing movie.

apollo-13-movie-poster-1995-1010472283.jpg

• A.J. Trillzynski
    edited June 2012
    Options
    finally caught the Director's Cut

watchmen1.jpg

? that's a dope movie, better than Avengers for me- can't wait for Man of Steel
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »

I like Jason S., I really do but all his movies be looking the same, even from the box, lol. I'll check it out.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »

I like Jason S., I really do but all his movies be looking the same, even from the box, lol. I'll check it out.

not as much action, just a nice story....

also did you ever see revolver?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    safe-house-box-office.jpg

GRADE (B) Denzel is probably my favorite actor ever if not one of the favorites. So in his 3rd go around playing the bad guy comes along in this action/thriller "Safe House". It was good but I have to be honest, every since "Training Day" Hollywood loves to type cast Denzel always mentoring someone (White and young) and this was no different. It was basically "Training Day" but in the CIA instead of the police department. Denzel went hard though.

Carter-Poster-Preview.jpg

GRADE (C-) Well let me just say I know why this flopped, After "Battleship" dude career might be on life support. The acting was terrible, it felt like a B movie but with great effects. They spent over 200 Million on this and it just wasn't good. It's based off a Classic book but the movie didn't translate it well. Weak.