Da Official True Blood Season 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can really appreciate Sookie getting ? on. It's been a long time coming. On top of that, she's a little too cocky now that she knows how to use her little powers. She must have forgotten that vampires are fast enough to ? her before she even knows they are attacking.

Also, I think Jason's fairy lineage is really what's to blame for his problems. Yeah, the relationship with his teacher is what screwed him up, but something like that happening was pretty much unavoidable. They revealed last season that his ability to attract women like that is a side effect of his heritage.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, I think Jason's fairy lineage is really what's to blame for his problems. Yeah, the relationship with his teacher is what screwed him up, but something like that happening was pretty much unavoidable. They revealed last season that his ability to attract women like that is a side effect of his heritage.
    I've noticed that too. They actually been hinting at this from the very start of the series. This cat has ? teachers, a pastor wife, police men wife, best friends girl, tara wanted to ? him, ? are after him...........he pretty much ? damn near every chick in town lol. Also that might explain why he didn't turn into a wear panther.

I think he doesn't have all of his fairy powers like sookie does though. It looks like they about to finally go into detail about the fairies now. Dude that ran from jessica is obviously a fairy. But the question is though, how did he come to earth realm when the fairy realm was supposedly sealed off? same for that chick that ? sheriff billfer?

BoldChild wrote: »
    Too much ? going on.

Terry and whatever the hell he is involved in.

Jason ? .

Tara ol "you turned me into a monster."

Pam probably gonna go save her.
    You better not ever watch "game of thrones" if you think too much is going on on true blood.

• (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    I can't stomach Tara but she got the right maker to help her grow some ? ..LOL at Eric dickin Pam so bad that ? was ready to die for the ? .

When Jason went to Jessica Party and had the lil chick in the car ready to bust down but declined I thought we lost the old Jason but im happy he back.
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    everybody talkin about the ? rev but HBO make some of the most unlikely people ? in they series.

when I look at this show I don't see a reason why HBO made Lafayette ? . Its like they enjoy takin a strong male and make them ? . the man work two jobs and sell drugs and the only black guy in the town and he ? .

Look at the Omar on The Wire, he was the most respected out of any cop or crook and the whole show. He rob from the hood rich to give to the poor, the man never cause harm to anyone that wasn't in the game, He respect the 7th day as a holy day, he had codes and rules he lived by but they made him a ? for no reason what so ever.

Did the same thing with Vito on the Sopranos. I waiting on these HBO writers to make somebody ? on Boardwalk just because they like to push that ? in people face.

Well to be fair, Omar is a composite character made up from a few real life people. One or more of them was probably ? .

That said HBO shows do go over the top with the ? ? . Sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to bombard the audience with homosexuality. Especially in this series.

Naw I watch a lot of behind the making of the wire, Omar was not ? ...The guy they compose Omar from was the guy that help protect the movie Omar when he went to jail for that Murder Old face Andre put on him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everybody talkin about the ? rev but HBO make some of the most unlikely people ? in they series.

when I look at this show I don't see a reason why HBO made Lafayette ? . Its like they enjoy takin a strong male and make them ? . the man work two jobs and sell drugs and the only black guy in the town and he ? .

Look at the Omar on The Wire, he was the most respected out of any cop or crook and the whole show. He rob from the hood rich to give to the poor, the man never cause harm to anyone that wasn't in the game, He respect the 7th day as a holy day, he had codes and rules he lived by but they made him a ? for no reason what so ever.

Did the same thing with Vito on the Sopranos. I waiting on these HBO writers to make somebody ? on Boardwalk just because they like to push that ? in people face.

Well to be fair, Omar is a composite character made up from a few real life people. One or more of them was probably ? .

That said HBO shows do go over the top with the ? ? . Sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to bombard the audience with homosexuality. Especially in this series.

Naw I watch a lot of behind the making of the wire, Omar was not ? ...The guy they compose Omar from was the guy that help protect the movie Omar when he went to jail for that Murder Old face Andre put on him.

Yeah I know about that guy, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that there were at least two other people from which they drew influence for Omar's character.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Last ep was aight. Im keep my thoughts to myself till at least another two eps.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Looks like Lafayette is going to have some trouble with his demon.

Tara along with Alcide has clearly been on the least selfish people on this show, but all she does is crapped on for not being happy enough and not buying Sookie's inane ? that as long as I want to ? a vampire all the horrible ? they did goes away.

Honestly, Tara's storyline surprised me, which I like. Tara's opening scene where they "welcoming" her and showing us that vampire like like with her gazing at the moon and stars, etc. Tara exercise control over her urges and hold onto the best parts of her humanity is a very moving experience. I like that she's angry about being turned. I like that she's calling Sookie out on her ? . I like that she isn't feeding like crazy. I like that she turned to Sam when she needed help.

Plus, I think having Tara change is a great way to bring all the characters together and reset some of the things that have gone off the rails. Sam is a good person despite everything and I know that because he's looking out for Tara and Tara trusts him. Sookie's magical ladybits do nothing for Tara and for the first time in years (or weeks, the timeline confuses the hell out of me on this show) she actually has the face the consequences of her choices. I hope it'll humble her and make her a likable protagonist again.
  • apollo greed
    apollo greed Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe Jason ? that old teacher...I guess he wanted to relive his past feelings but she wasn't anything to brag about def not compared to the teachers getting caught smashing their students these days. Maybe she was fine back in his younger days.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe Jason ? that old teacher...I guess he wanted to relive his past feelings but she wasn't anything to brag about def not compared to the teachers getting caught smashing their students these days. Maybe she was fine back in his younger days.

lol @ Jason trying to turn over a new leaf, and be a better person, but instead made that teacher feel even worse.

She was all guilty about what she had done, then he ? her, and goes "yeah, you were right", and leaves her high and dry.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    glowy wrote: »

lol @ Jason trying to turn over a new leaf, and be a better person, but instead made that teacher feel even worse.

She was all guilty about what she had done, then he ? her, and goes "yeah, you were right", and leaves her high and dry.

Got a feeling she will be trouble down the line
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    CainMarko wrote: »
    Gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdammmn it ? Tara off asap!!!!!!

Yes! ? her off!

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much ? going on.

Terry and whatever the hell he is involved in.

Jason ? .

Tara ol "you turned me into a monster."

Pam probably gonna go save her.
    You better not ever watch "game of thrones" if you think too much is going on on true blood.

I do watch game of thrones, I just felt there were too many story lines popping up in true blood at the time, but now it's starting to come in line.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    on another note, lol @ that kid vampire.

? got ethered something serious.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao, well they just added another story line with Sam's homies dead at the dinner table and Terry's storyline only got deeper.

Ok... and just as I suspected, they somehow try to flip it so we will feel sorry for Sookie cause its sooooo hard for her and she's just sooooo tore up about everything. I ? hate Sookie. That whole "you'll do anything for me, cause you're in love with me...." oh man I almost had to ? .

Does anyone find it kinda funny that Debbie's last name is Pelt? You ever known a skinny ? named Debbie? I haven't. Skinny ? go by Deborah. Horrible name though either way IMO.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Pam about to snap!!! lol.

I'm loving terry's story line already.

I think nan flanagan was working for the sangwanista's(however you spell that ? ) and planted a bug in bills office. There was that one scene in the limo after talking all that "don't eat humans" ? . right before she saw russel rip dude heart out on t.v. She seemed as if she was acting like she actually cared about what the authority said about humans and vampires. But when she got in the limo her attitude changed and she just started sucking them girls blood. Also her sudden change in working together with bill and eric to go against the authority. The speech she gave to them about the authority was suspect as ? too.

To all the book readers:

How old is each member of the authority?(drop it in a spoiler tag)

I already know that on chick who ? eric and bill is a little older than godric(a little over 2,000 years old). I could have sworn russel said that the authority were only a few hundred years old.

• PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    lmao, well they just added another story line with Sam's homies dead at the dinner table and Terry's storyline only got deeper.

Ok... and just as I suspected, they somehow try to flip it so we will feel sorry for Sookie cause its sooooo hard for her and she's just sooooo tore up about everything. I ? hate Sookie. That whole "you'll do anything for me, cause you're in love with me...." oh man I almost had to ? .

Does anyone find it kinda funny that Debbie's last name is Pelt? You ever known a skinny ? named Debbie? I haven't. Skinny ? go by Deborah. Horrible name though either way IMO.

LMAO

• PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    I think the Pam/Tara relationship is gonna be interesting. They hate each other but they are all they got now since Tara is done with Sookie and Lafayette and Eric had to realease Pam to protect her. I have a feeling Bill gone try to do the same thing. He had that look on his face when he was talking to Jessica while they was looking for the bug in his house. But we know Jessica aint having that, plus she's still a really young vampire she's gonna need him.

And I see the fairy storyline is gonna be up to Jason to solve. I have a feeling that the Queen (remember her) was probably the one who killed Jason & Sookie's parents back then. She was obsessed with finding another fairy.....

And SMH @ Alcide man...he keep fallin for Sookie ? . When she said "You'll do anything for me cuz you're in love with me." And Alcide said screw you...he should of got up and walked out cuz that was some out of pocket type ? . Like really ? ?!?

Poor Terry...that PTSD runs deep. i have a feeling the dude they found really started them fires tho.

Real question is tho....who the ? let Russell loose?!? ? is reaaaaaallllly killing me now...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like when the characters don't know the mystery as well. I hate it when everyone knows the secret but they keep it from the viewers.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think the Pam/Tara relationship is gonna be interesting. They hate each other but they are all they got now since Tara is done with Sookie and Lafayette and Eric had to realease Pam to protect her. I have a feeling Bill gone try to do the same thing. He had that look on his face when he was talking to Jessica while they was looking for the bug in his house. But we know Jessica aint having that, plus she's still a really young vampire she's gonna need him.

And I see the fairy storyline is gonna be up to Jason to solve. I have a feeling that the Queen (remember her) was probably the one who killed Jason & Sookie's parents back then. She was obsessed with finding another fairy.....

And SMH @ Alcide man...he keep fallin for Sookie ? . When she said "You'll do anything for me cuz you're in love with me." And Alcide said screw you...he should of got up and walked out cuz that was some out of pocket type ? . Like really ? ?!?

Poor Terry...that PTSD runs deep. i have a feeling the dude they found really started them fires tho.

Real question is tho....who the ? let Russell loose?!? ? is reaaaaaallllly killing me now...

Most obvious ? going is the ? Salome of the Seven Veils let Russell loose. You can tell Eric's sister didn't say ? because she was standing there. She's the leader of the Sanguinista Movement or knows who is. Every time they say something about the ? they low key find a way to put her in frame.

Russell just got his vision back in the episode where they show his face all cracked up, so he can't say who freed him because he couldn't see, which will add more mystery.
  • BoldChild
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Wait a second, maybe someone who has Russell as a maker freed him. Aren't they supposed to have some sort of telepathic link? The series has currently been sort of focusing on makers and their relationships.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    Wait a second, maybe someone who has Russell as a maker freed him. Aren't they supposed to have some sort of telepathic link? The series has currently been sort of focusing on makers and their relationships.

That's very possible.......You can even throw that in the mix with @knights theory that Salome is the one behind Russell's escape maybe he is her maker or maybe she's his maker. thats a good theory tho....

• PILL_COSBY
    Options
    cosign

But what if all of his "children" are dead or on the other side of the world? Also it doesn't seem like vampires just go around making other vampires like that. Also the authority keeps tabs on ? like that remember? I think tabot was the only vampire russel made.

That's very possible.......You can even throw that in the mix with @knights theory that Salome is the one behind Russell's escape maybe he is her maker or maybe she's his maker. thats a good theory tho....
    She can't be because she's only a little bit older than godric(2,000 years old). Russel got her by damn near a Millennium.
  • darkrain
    Options
    Another great one. There were a couple of moments I could have done without, but for the most part, it worked for me.

As usual, Sookie keeps dodging bullets. Even when she wants to do the right thing, others won't let her, whether it's Lafayette, Jason, Alcide or Jessica. Tara, as usual, was right: Sookie survives because someone is always willing to either take the fall for her themselves or let someone else do it. So what if Sookie's "having a hard time," as Jessica put it? She deserves it because of Tara alone. Lala's ? with Sookie's car didn't bother me, nor did her hearing everyone's thoughts at Merlotte's re what happened to Tara. At least Sookie was being punished on some levels-and that was before Bill and Eric saw her with Alcide, which means more punishment for her and with Bill and Eric barging back into Sookie's life at one of the worst possible times, more punishment for me.

Nowadays, the only times I can take Bill and/or Eric are when they're with each other and their progeny. Bill is certainly way more liberal than most dads whose kids throw unsupervised parties complete with ? ? , but then again most dads aren't vampire royalty, at least for the time being (my unspoiled spec). Bill also would be proud of Jessica for her part in protecting Sookie by glamouring Andy into forgetting about Debbie and the murder investigation. Jessica did it as much or more for Jason's sake than Sookie's, but as has been proven time and time again, vampires and Stackhouses shouldn't, and ultimately don't, mix. Eric and Pam's bond is deeper, more complex and more compelling, in many ways. The only reason why I could see Pam exhuming Russell would be because she wanted to save Eric from the true death via the Authority. At the time, Pam could have been desperate enough and vulnerable enough to briefly consider the possibility if she thought it would get Eric back, but she loves Eric too much, despite her fight with him at the time, to have taken that chance. Pam not only loves Eric, she literally died for him and they've been together ever since. Eric may have relased Pam, but they'll never stop loving each other. Eric believes in Pam and is proud of her. He knows that Pam would make a great maker and she's already proven him right, whether it was rescuing Tara from the tanning bed, giving her a place to stay or teaching her how to feed. Pam will make mistakes, but since Eric was her maker, chances are they'll be few, at most. After all, Pam learned from the best, just like Eric before her.

Re Jason's visit to "Fae-tasia," it looks and probably smells like a great place, but there's something definitely not kosher about it. Given Jason's associations with vamps, it's a wonder he got in in the first place. As for the stage show, where's Big ? Richie when we really need him? If the faes are smart, then Fae-tasia should be a floating nightclub that goes to a different place every night so vamps can't find it. What's really intriguing is Hadley's claim that vamps were responsible for the deaths of Jason & Sookie's parents and the other faes trying to cover it up. While Jason's vamp connections could be involved, I doubt there the only factor. Of course, Jason wouldn't be Jason without saying/doing something stupid. Besides covering for Sookie, another example of Jason's ignorance was his telling Hadley that perhaps Sookie is better off trusting vampires. Say what? Does he mean creatures like Bill, who almost got Sookie killed on purpose the night they first met and almost got her killed again in the back of Alcide's truck after she helped him escape from Russell? Or Eric, who, IIRC, tricked Sookie into drinking his blood and initially had no problem with making Sookie collateral damage in the war with the Wiccans in the Main Street showdown? Then there's Pam, who not only hates Sookie, she tried to ? her with a rocket launcher. And last, but not least, there's Tara, Sookie's former BFF, who wants to rip Sookie's throat out for having her turned, so her resentment is justified.
  • darkrain
    Options
    Roman made a very big deal out of that stake (made from the wood of the Judas tree, tipped with the silver from Judas's thirty silver coins) . . . and the camera kept flashing to Salome, who claims to be "the" Biblical Salome, who would lived in the same time period as Judas.

Roman made an offhanded comment that Nora loves Salome "like a sister". Salome says she's loved Nora "like [her] own blood".

Godric was over 2100 years old, and once commented that he was older than Jesus, but for whatever reason did not have the opportunity to meet him. The writers chose to associate Salome with a famous New Testament character. This is an episode heavily devoted to makers and their female progeny. Salome knew about Nora and Eric being "siblings", and claimed that Godric told her (yet for some reason never mentions this fact to Roman).

Is it possible that Salome is Godric's progeny, and thus is the "older sister" to Eric and Nora? (I.e., Godric didn't get to meet Jesus because he turned Salome and since she was a public figure in the area, the two of them had to skedaddle?) Eric never told Pam about Nora, it wouldn't stretch the imagination that perhaps Godric never told Eric about Salome.

The kid chancellor made a ? about Salome earlier in the episode (about Roman being with "his own woman on her knees"), and then Nora gives him up as the traitor. It's very possible that the kid was a political rival of Salome (hence him making an obscene joke about her), and that's why Nora gave him up. (The kid chancellor made a very random comment about how he'd gotten pro-vampire bills passed in Scandinavia, and given the Scandinavian connections of Eric and Russell, seems like a clue to something.) It's pretty clear that "family" means everything to Nora.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea show is good and bad at the same time. Everything with Bill and Eric has been dope. The ? with Sam is getting interesting. Everything dealing with Tara has been horrible. That ? with her and Pam is garbage.

the jason/jessica storyline is lame
    the ? with the iraq flashbacks is lame
    not sure on this ferry fantasy land ? yet. hope it goes somewhere.

I agree with what yall saying about Salome